Conquer Club

Zelda Mafia ~ Town Wins! Hyrule is Safe

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Zelda Mafia ~ Town Wins! Hyrule is Safe

Postby drake_259 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:07 am

Good Games Guys

BTW I Was A Lover.
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Corporal drake_259

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:12 am

nice roles, nice game.

too bad i got NKd my mafia tho, i'd probably make a very believeable link with bombs.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby pancakemix on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:35 am

Awesome game, Squirrel. Well done.

GG all. Especially Dazza, well played on his part.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby dazza2008 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:44 am

pancakemix wrote:Awesome game, Squirrel. Well done.

GG all. Especially Dazza, well played on his part.

Cheers pal. Good game all.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:07 am

I was really hoping you guys were gonna lynch spiesr. As a cucco, if you guys lynched him, he would've taken three of you down with him (or two, if he had lynched himself). :lol: He didn't know this though
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:37 am

Good game!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:42 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Rodion on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:09 pm

zimmah wrote:nice roles, nice game.

too bad i got NKd my mafia tho, i'd probably make a very believeable link with bombs.

What was your claim going to be?
General Rodion

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 pm

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I was really hoping you guys were gonna lynch spiesr. As a cucco, if you guys lynched him, he would've taken three of you down with him (or two, if he had lynched himself). :lol: He didn't know this though

That's just evil. :twisted:

Great game, Mr. S. Thanks again.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Rodion wrote:

link with bombs. would be quite believable, as i/c9 bombed mostly scum.

by the way, about me/djfireside. we were masoned, and allowed to talk (at night). as long as he was alive, i could throw a bomb at anyone (even at djfireside) and 50% chance to kill that player. but as soon as djfireside died, i'd lose my powers and become a simple survivor. and when i died, fireside became a survivor without any power i know of.

so you could have let him live.

my plan A was to win by only leaving me, djfireside and 2 townies alive. my plan b (if plan a was not possible/too hard) was to bomb djfireside and side with whoever had the advantage (town/maffia) and just try to survive.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Rodion on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:28 pm

zimmah wrote:
Rodion wrote:

But what power? Vigilante would not be believable because / was already one. Would you attempt a PGO claim?

By the way, had you claimed link with bombs, mafia would have known you were anti-town because we already had that memo with the possible Link fakeclaims, bomb being one of them. ;)
General Rodion

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Rodion wrote:
zimmah wrote:
Rodion wrote:

But what power? Vigilante would not be believable because / was already one. Would you attempt a PGO claim?

By the way, had you claimed link with bombs, mafia would have known you were anti-town because we already had that memo with the possible Link fakeclaims, bomb being one of them. ;)

vig, as i could prove i had bombs. if people did not believe vig powers, i'd explain my bombs don't have 100% accuracy. however i might not tell the full details. i might say it has 50% of hitting, 10% of hitting someone else, 5% to kill myself or my mason and 35% to miss. or something like that. that would not only make me a believable vig (as i'm a nerved version) but it would also cover me in case i had to kill a townie (i could just claim my bomb missed the target and hit someone else).

would it be good or bad for me if mafia knew i was anti-town? cuz right now i got killed by mafia, was that just bad luck, or did mafia target me for a reason. if so, how could i minimize the chances of getting targeted by mafia?

also, i never recieved an official fakeclaim or a note i could ask for one. i made bomb link up myself, as it was allready obvious bombs were being used. i had bombs, there were multiple versions of links with items. so a bomb link would be very believable. also, since most bombs were aimed at mafia (mostly lucky shots) people would not doubt my alignment very fast. in fact, after night 3 i believe people even asked for any bomb link to claim (obviously i never claimed that tho, because noone actually voted for me anyway).
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Rodion on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:36 pm

zimmah wrote:would it be good or bad for me if mafia knew i was anti-town? cuz right now i got killed by mafia, was that just bad luck, or did mafia target me for a reason. if so, how could i minimize the chances of getting targeted by mafia?

I was dead by the time mafia decided to kill you, so I was not part of the deliberation.

What I know is that, as a Serial Killer, you don't want to appear "too pro-town" or mafia will want to get rid of you. You obviiously don't want to appear too scummy either, so you'll have to blend in the middle of the pack.
General Rodion

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Rodion wrote:
zimmah wrote:would it be good or bad for me if mafia knew i was anti-town? cuz right now i got killed by mafia, was that just bad luck, or did mafia target me for a reason. if so, how could i minimize the chances of getting targeted by mafia?

I was dead by the time mafia decided to kill you, so I was not part of the deliberation.

What I know is that, as a Serial Killer, you don't want to appear "too pro-town" or mafia will want to get rid of you. You obviiously don't want to appear too scummy either, so you'll have to blend in the middle of the pack.

but in general, does mafia target anti-town first or last?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby pancakemix on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:41 pm

zimmah wrote:
Rodion wrote:

but in general, does mafia target anti-town first or last?

You're still a problem they have to deal with. If you're actively hunting them they'll want you dead. If you keep getting involved in poor lynches for town itd be easier to slip under the radar because you are (presumably) clueless.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby spiesr on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:04 pm

One potential issue with your plan to fake-claim Link is that in this game the various Links were from specific games. In order to fake-claim Link you would have had to either say you were from a specific game, and run the risk of being countered by a Link actually from that game, or pull an rds and say you don't know what game you are from...
Captain spiesr

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 pm

I still dont know what game i was from haha, i prob could from the description though, but not from the picture
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I had to search to figure out which game I was from. It wasn't in the description, and I didn't recognize it. That's why I wasn't too worried when someone couldn't identify which game they were from.

However, I also didn't realize there were multiple Links (my PM just said "You are Link"), which is why I though rds was lying on D1. Should have been obvious, I guess.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby pancakemix on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:32 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:I had to search to figure out which game I was from. It wasn't in the description, and I didn't recognize it. That's why I wasn't too worried when someone couldn't identify which game they were from.

However, I also didn't realize there were multiple Links (my PM just said "You are Link"), which is why I though rds was lying on D1. Should have been obvious, I guess.

I was the same way. I said to myself "How the hell am I gonna find Link in this mess?" Turns out it was pretty easy, nevermind the fact that I found the right one on N1.
Epic Win

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:42 pm

spiesr wrote:One potential issue with your plan to fake-claim Link is that in this game the various Links were from specific games. In order to fake-claim Link you would have had to either say you were from a specific game, and run the risk of being countered by a Link actually from that game, or pull an rds and say you don't know what game you are from...

exactly this, i could just be a little vague about it. say something like: "well, the graphics look like it's somewhat old but not 8bit old. but i can't recognise the game because i only played OoT and Twilight. so it's definitly not one of those.

something like that.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Good Game all
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 am

Good game!

The reason I killed zimmah that night was because I didn't want to kill someone who thought I was mafia, that would make me look suspicious. So I targeted someone who thought I was innocent, to make it look like the mafia were trying to frame me. And lo and behold, we got the SKer. More comments to come, but I gotta go now.

-SG7 ( :) )
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Roles

You are Link! (Town Roleblocker) Rdsrds

You have been summoned by the Royal Nursemaid, Impa, to rescue Princess Zelda who was kidnapped by the evil Ganondorf. You normally have a huge arsenal of weapons with which to fight off Ganondorf and his minions, yet you seem to have misplaced them all. Now, all you have left is your humble boomerang. Once per night you may use this boomerang to stun one other player and roleblock him.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Go confirm in the thread.

You used to live a peaceful life on Outset Island. However a great evil in the land abducted your sister and is now threatening to ensalve all of the Islands on the Great Sea. You used to carry a huge variety of items that you would have used to fight Ganondorf, yet you seem to have misplaced them. Now, all you have is your shield. Fear not however because this shield makes you bulletproof at night.

You used to live peacefully in Ordon Village until one day a great evil spread across the land. Drawn by your destiny and the Triforce, you rode off on Epona (PLAYER), your horse, to face this grave evil. You may talk to Epona at night. If Epona should be killed, you will fall off her and die as well.

Mod Note: Twilight Princess Link receives any gifts that are given to either him or epona
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
You are Epona! (Town Lover) drake

You are Link's horse. You go with him wherever he goes and are his faithful companion. At night you may talk to Link (PLAYER). If Link should die, you will have no one to protect you and will probably be eaten by wolves or something like that.

Go confirm in the thread

*Mod note* Epona Gives any items he/she recieves to link.

You were transported by the Triforce to a faraway land in order to save it from an evil force that threatened to take it over. At one time you carried a vast array of items and weapons that you could have used to stop this evil, yet now you are left with only your sword. You may use this sword to perform one night kill each night.

You were transported by the Triforce to a faraway land in order to save it from an evil force that threatened to take it over. At one time you carried a vast array of items and weapons that you could have used to stop this evil, yet you lost them all and are now left with only a small box of magical rings that you had picked up on your journey. These rings grant you certain abilities and you may wear one each night.

Ring of Shielding: 50% chance of blocking a NK against you
Ring of Light: Allows you to see anyone who targeted you at night
Ring of Easy-Breathing: Makes you unlynchable the next day
Ring of Sleepiness: Roleblocks anyone who targets you
Ring of Soothsaying: Grants you two votes the next day

When you were a child you fought Ganondorf and saved Hyrule once. You were then transported back in time so that you could relive your childhood, yet now it seems that evil has returned to the land. Unfortunately all of the items you had gathered on your previous quest were lost. Now, all you have is a Lens of Truth that you picked up. This Lens allows you to see things that are hidden and you may use it to investigate one other player at night.

You are the grandson of a blacksmith and you used to live peacefully in Hyrule Town. However when a great evil arose in the land and imprisoned Princess Zelda, you were driven by fate to go to her rescue. You used to have a large variety of items and weapons to use, but you have lost all of them. Now, all you have left is a bottle with some red potion inside of it. Once per night, you may give some red potion to a player and that player will be impervious from harm for the night.

You are an orphan who was left to be raised in the Kokiri forest by the Great Deku Tree. Although your life was peaceful and idyllic, when a great evil rose up in the land you were called by the triforce to go fight it. At one point you had many items and weapons to fight this evil, yet now you have only a switchhook. You may use this to switch yourself with one person each night.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated

Go confirm in the thread

You are a common farm animal that is well-known in the Legend of Zelda. Many an adventurer has tried to kill you just for the fun of it, but you have a surprise in store. If you get attacked too many times, your cucco brethren rise up and viciously attack whoever was threatening you. (If you aren't aware of this in the legend of zelda series, then watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HUq6uw ... re=related ) If three people target you at night, your brethren will rise up and slay those three. You will survive though, no matter what those three targeted you with. If any less than three people target you, then their night actions will hit you normally.

*Mod Note* If lynched, serves as a overpowered town bomb. Kills the last three people who voted him/her

You are a wise old tree who always helps link on his quest. Lately you have heard that Link has been dropping items everywhere. If you find one, you may give it back to him or someone else of your choice. Right now, you have one item to give to link: a seed satchel for carrying magical seeds. Every night you may choose to give your item to a player. If that player can carry your item, then you will give it to him and he will gain new abilities. As link continues to drop items, you will receive more to give out.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated

Mod Note: Recieves new items from maple/Like Like

You are a silly witch who is always running into Link. Whenever you run into him, he tends to drop his stuff and you like to steal it. Every night you may target another player. If that player has an item to steal, you will steal it and see what it does.

You win if you survive until the end of the game. You don't particularly care who wins, you just want to cause mischief.

Go confirm in the thread

Mod Note: Any items stolen will go to either Old Man or Deku tree. (depending on which one currently doesn't have an item)

You are never given a name, but you are well known as the man who gave Link his sword and told him how it was “dangerous to go alone.” Now you have more items to give out to random passersby. Recently you found a small ocarina that Link must have dropped. Every night, you can try to give your item to a player of your choice. If he can carry it, you will give it to him and he will gain new powers. As the game goes on, you will find other items to hand out to random strangers.

Mod Note: Recieves new items when Maple/Like Like Steal

You are the queen of all fairies in Hyrule and have been known to help out those of noble heart. Each night you may target one player. If that character is of noble heart and is carrying an item, then you will transform whatever item he is carrying into something more powerful.

You are the incarnation of pure evil. It is your wish to enslave all of Hyrule. You have imprisoned Princess Zelda so that she will not be able to fight you. You have gathered together a large group of evil minions to aid you in your takeover. At night, you may talk to (PLAYER), (PLAYER), (PLAYER), and (PLAYER). You have a 1-shot bulletproof and you are immune to investigation. At night, you may also send one of your minions to perform a night kill.

You win when the scum is of equal numbers to all other factions.

Mod Note: Ganondorf holds the staff of dreams. This can be stolen by either maple or Like Like (although the second is highly unlikely)

You are the evil doppledanger of Link. For all of the good that Link stands for, you represent the evil. You are scummates with (PLAYER),(PLAYER),(PLAYER), and (PLAYER). Also, you have heard that some people have been handing out magical items as of late. You should probably try to get your hands on one.

Mod Note: Dark Link can carry items that are given to him by Deku Tree and Old Man. He can also be upgraded by the Great Fairy if his item is upgradable
________________________________________________________________________________
You are a Like Like! (Mafia Thief) doomyoshi

You are one of Ganondorf's mindless minions. You are known for attacking adventurers and eating any items they are carrying. Every night you may target one player. If that player is carrying an item, you will steal it from him and see what it was. You may also talk to (PLAYER), (PLAYER), (PLAYER), and (PLAYER) at night.

Mod Note: Any items stolen will go to either Old Man or Deku tree. (depending on which one currently doesn't have an item)

You are a dark magician that has decided to fight for Ganondorf. Every night you may cast a spell on one player that will make him appear evil under investigation. You may also talk to (PLAYER), (PLAYER), (PLAYER), and (PLAYER) at night.

_________________________________________________________________________________
You are an Octorok! (Mafia Roleblocker) Killboy

You are an octopus-like creature that has begun fighting for Ganondorf. Every night, you may shoot a rock out of your mouth at another player. This will daze the player and keep him from performing any actions. You may also talk to (PLAYER), (PLAYER), (PLAYER), and (PLAYER) at night.

You are the King of the Moblins. You are very territorial and want to kill anyone and everyone around you. You love making and using bombs however your aim is not very good. Once per night you may throw a bomb at another player. This has a 50% chance of killing the player. You also have a minion (PLAYER). He brings you your bombs and you may talk to him at night. If your lackey should die, you will have no one to bring you bombs and you will become a 3rd party survivor.

You win when you and your lackey have killed all of your enemies.

Go confirm in the thread

You serve the Great Moblin faithfully by bringing him bombs every night. You may talk to the Great Moblin (PLAYER) at night. If the Great Moblin should die, you will lose all purpose in life and become a 3rd party survivor.

You win when you and the Great Moblin have killed all of your enemies.

Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Items!
Boomerang (roleblock) upgrades into gale boomerang (double roleblock)

Shield (Bulletproof) upgrades into mirror shield (reflects action back at user)

Sword (NK) upgrades into Master Sword (Unblockable NK)

Ring Box (various abilities) upgrades to allow the user to wear three rings every night

Lens of Truth (investigate) gets upgraded to (investigate and track)

Potion bottle (protect) gets upgraded to fairy bottle (1 shot revive, afterwards returns to normal potion bottle)

Switch hook (self-busdriver) gets upgraded to double switch hook (full busdriver)

Seed satchel (JOAT) gets upgraded to refill all seeds (restores all JOAT abilities)

Ocarina of time (track someone from the previous night) gets upgraded to allow the user to track a player from any past night

Staff of Dreams (Super JOAT, miller) not upgradeable
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Rodion on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:27 pm

The SK bomb thing is actually a 100% chance to kill (50% at the same night and 50% at the next night), right?

Also, what were JOAT powers? And Super JOAT?
General Rodion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives