Conquer Club

Legend of Dragoon Mafia(Night 2-Master Down)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Legend of Dragoon Mafia(Night 2-Master Down)

Postby naxus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Hey everybody

You all know the rules so no worries there.

This game is Based off of The Legend of Dragoon game. Now considering that this PS1 game is a four disc game with 80ish hours of Gameplay, I shortened how its gonna play out.

There are VANILLA TOWNIES in this game

Mafia will have Convincing Fake claims and I may/may not have left out essential characters to supplement said fake claims.

There will be Videos...

Need 12 people to start this game up so sign up
1.safari
2.Shield
3.Freezie
4.Rds
5.edoc
6.Kratos
7.Icedagger
8.jace22

9.zimmah

11.chapcrap
12.the irish tiger[/b]

Dead
10.MOB deadly(Tasman-VT)

Reserves
1.Pretender77
2.Alt1978
3.Shield

Intro Video
Last edited by naxus on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(0/12)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Not many new games to sign up for, so I'll definitely play.
Captain safariguy5

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(0/12)

Postby kwanton on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:07 pm

In plz
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(2/12)

Postby freezie on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Dude...this game is a CLASSIC and a must have for any rpg lovers...Which means I must play this game..

In
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(3/12)

Postby naxus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:54 pm

added till here
Haggis_McMutton wrote:2. Anyone else find it kind of funny that naxus is NK'd right after insisting that we're all paranoid?
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(2/12)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:47 am

freezie wrote:Dude...this game is a CLASSIC and a must have for any rpg lovers...Which means I must play this game..

In

Here here! I'll play as well.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(3/12)

Postby naxus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 pm

added til here
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(4/12)

Postby edocsil on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:15 pm

in

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(5/12)

Postby kratos644 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I think it'd be wrong for me to not play seeing as this is one of my favorite games. :D
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(6/12)

Postby naxus on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Join, It'll be fun

...Bump...
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby naxus on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 am

149 views and 6 people have joined? Come on, Join...dont be scared
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:15 am

naxus wrote:149 views and 6 people have joined? Come on, Join...dont be scared

Hmmm, maybe if they knew more about it :D!

Ten thousand years ago the Legend was born. The Divine Tree's mystical powers were said to have given birth to all life. The 105th race born of the Tree was the mighty Dragons. The 106th was the human race and the 107th was the Winglies. Peace and tranquility reigned throughout the land, but suddenly a violent uprising occurred, led by the Winglies, who enslaved humanity. To counter this, the humans acquired the Dragons' spiritual forces and defeated their nemeses, which led to eventual harmony between all. However, the prophecy has only begun as the past and future are about to collide...
In Sony's role-playing game, The Legend of Dragoon for the PlayStation, you'll travel across the land searching for clues and discovering new enemies as well as friends you can add to your party. Up to three members per party can fight at once, in an interface that Final Fantasy fans may find familiar, the difference being that you can become a Dragoon with supernatural powers taken from the souls of Dragons. Animals will attack you from nowhere while other creatures and even human opponents will specifically seek and destroy.
Each warrior has his or her own weapons and magic, with the ability to retreat a fight based on chance. Experience points will add up and each member of the party will gain a level as their hit points increase. The combat technique known as Dragoon Additions -- shown as SP (Spirit Power) -- measures a Dragoon's ability to fight. When your character approaches an enemy upon initiating an attack, a rectangular grid targets the enemy before your weapon is swung. If you press it in time for the outer rectangle to close in, matching the center rectangle, you'll be able to hit your target and continue to get in several more hits depending on how fast and accurate you are executing the button sequence.
Magical attacks draw their power from the Elements such as water, fire, wind, earth, darkness and light, thunder, and non-elemental. Using the opposite of an enemy's element will inflict the most damage. The game also consists of another unique fighting technique that is more commonly used: the Multi-Attack. It allows one to inflict more damage than normal. When it is used, the X button appears onscreen and you must rapidly tap the X button to increase the power of the attack to over 100 percent. If you do nothing, you will only inflict a small amount of damage. There is also the interactive counterattack which, if not properly done, will cut off the rest of your combos and damage your fighter as a result.
Arm yourself with a variety of weapons such as swords, spears, bows and arrows, axes and hammers. Protect yourself with body armor, helmets and boots. Other items like bracelets, amulets or stones carry with them magical powers to enhance attacks or deflect the damage of an attack. Although your journey begins with only basic weapons, others can be purchased from merchants or found in chests. Changing and upgrading weapons for the entire party can be done via the in-game menu, however some weapons are specialized for particular warriors. There are also items that can heal or wage war and they too are won in battle, found in chests, or purchased from merchants.
Although you start out as Dart, a brave and loyal warrior swordsman sworn to avenge his parents' death by the Black Monster, other party members you'll run into have their own unique story to tell.

tl;dr? -- Complete awesomeness. Best PS1 game ever.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby kratos644 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:02 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
naxus wrote:149 views and 6 people have joined? Come on, Join...dont be scared

Hmmm, maybe if they knew more about it :D!

Ten thousand years ago the Legend was born. The Divine Tree's mystical powers were said to have given birth to all life. The 105th race born of the Tree was the mighty Dragons. The 106th was the human race and the 107th was the Winglies. Peace and tranquility reigned throughout the land, but suddenly a violent uprising occurred, led by the Winglies, who enslaved humanity. To counter this, the humans acquired the Dragons' spiritual forces and defeated their nemeses, which led to eventual harmony between all. However, the prophecy has only begun as the past and future are about to collide...
In Sony's role-playing game, The Legend of Dragoon for the PlayStation, you'll travel across the land searching for clues and discovering new enemies as well as friends you can add to your party. Up to three members per party can fight at once, in an interface that Final Fantasy fans may find familiar, the difference being that you can become a Dragoon with supernatural powers taken from the souls of Dragons. Animals will attack you from nowhere while other creatures and even human opponents will specifically seek and destroy.
Each warrior has his or her own weapons and magic, with the ability to retreat a fight based on chance. Experience points will add up and each member of the party will gain a level as their hit points increase. The combat technique known as Dragoon Additions -- shown as SP (Spirit Power) -- measures a Dragoon's ability to fight. When your character approaches an enemy upon initiating an attack, a rectangular grid targets the enemy before your weapon is swung. If you press it in time for the outer rectangle to close in, matching the center rectangle, you'll be able to hit your target and continue to get in several more hits depending on how fast and accurate you are executing the button sequence.
Magical attacks draw their power from the Elements such as water, fire, wind, earth, darkness and light, thunder, and non-elemental. Using the opposite of an enemy's element will inflict the most damage. The game also consists of another unique fighting technique that is more commonly used: the Multi-Attack. It allows one to inflict more damage than normal. When it is used, the X button appears onscreen and you must rapidly tap the X button to increase the power of the attack to over 100 percent. If you do nothing, you will only inflict a small amount of damage. There is also the interactive counterattack which, if not properly done, will cut off the rest of your combos and damage your fighter as a result.
Arm yourself with a variety of weapons such as swords, spears, bows and arrows, axes and hammers. Protect yourself with body armor, helmets and boots. Other items like bracelets, amulets or stones carry with them magical powers to enhance attacks or deflect the damage of an attack. Although your journey begins with only basic weapons, others can be purchased from merchants or found in chests. Changing and upgrading weapons for the entire party can be done via the in-game menu, however some weapons are specialized for particular warriors. There are also items that can heal or wage war and they too are won in battle, found in chests, or purchased from merchants.
Although you start out as Dart, a brave and loyal warrior swordsman sworn to avenge his parents' death by the Black Monster, other party members you'll run into have their own unique story to tell.

tl;dr? -- Complete awesomeness. Best PS1 game ever.

-rd

Stop before you force me to go play it for the million and one time :D
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby icedagger on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Never head of the legend of dragoon (the PS1 was a poor man's N64 :P) but I'll give this a shot
Major icedagger

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(7/12)

Postby Jace22 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:19 pm

alright, didn't want to join, but my will-save only gets me so far. In.
Sergeant 1st Class Jace22

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(7/12)

Postby zimmah on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 pm

i want to play a mafia game too, but it'll be my first.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(4/12)

Postby zimmah on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:49 pm

edocsil wrote:in

Your message contains 2 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 4.

that's CC's way of saying:

"speak with 2 words, and say please."
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Re: Legend of Dragoon Mafia(9/12)

Postby naxus on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 pm

Only 3 more, come on people
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

ill play since it seems like you really need players, but I have never heard of this game in my life
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Please include me in this amazing mafia game.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby The Irish Tiger on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:37 am

ill play
Private 1st Class The Irish Tiger

Postby pretender77 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:47 pm

im in and i know how to play
Captain pretender77

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:59 pm

pretender77 wrote:im in and i know how to play

Debatable. ;)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby alt1978 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 pm

If you need one more or a reserve...count me in. However, my rpg experience ended with final fantasy 3 for snes...but had its foundations in Dragon Warrior...which I got with a subscription to nintendo power and got hooked. But since that had dragons in it...i might be allright...though maybe dated a bit.
Major alt1978

Postby naxus on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Writing roles and will send them out hopefully fridayish(Time willing).
Corporal 1st Class naxus

Next

Return to Mafia Archives