Conquer Club

Stool Pigeon Mafia - Game Over! Mafia Win!!! MVP- Zimmah

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Stool Pigeon Mafia - Day 6

Postby terrafutan on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:54 am

chapcrap wrote:I, for one, think it is you who are scummy. The only reason you weren't lynched yesterday is because zimmah thought that MoB was the SK. Which, he obviously wasn't. So, I will vote you today. unvote vote WW

I agree with Chap's reasoning in this.

vote WW
Sergeant terrafutan

Postby zimmah on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 am

i'll just vote him 2, i think that puts him at L-1 right?

well i guess noone really trusts him anyways.

i can't believe we're down to 6 and still have a SK and mafia. wow this is heavy.

vote WW
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby VioIet on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Vote Count

wildwilliam (3)- chapcrap, terrafutan, zimmah,

foxxie (1)- william

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby FoxMists on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Again with the vote with no explanation. Whatever... :roll:

VOTE WW
Private 1st Class FoxMists

Postby FoxMists on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Also, Who the F*** IS THIS SK?!?! OMG! DIE ALREADY! JESUS HERBERT CHRIST ON A RUBBER CROSS YOU'RE AGGRAVATING!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Postby VioIet on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 am

Vote Count

wildwilliam (4)- chapcrap, terrafutan, zimmah, foxxie

foxxie (1)- william

Wildwilliam has been lynched.

It is now Night 6. Please send in your actions.

Night 6 Begin

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby wildwilliam on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 am

Thank God.
Corporal wildwilliam

Re: Stool Pigeon Mafia - Day 7

Postby VioIet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 am

Chapcrap has been killed

Foxmists has been killed.

Day 7 Begin

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Re: Stool Pigeon Mafia - Day 7

Postby VioIet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 am

Trinicardinal has been end-gamed.

Mafia Win!!!

Mafia- Zimmah, Terrafutan, Foxmists, Dazza

Congratulations Mafia!!!!

Private 1st Class VioIet

Re: Stool Pigeon Mafia - Game Over! Mafia Win!!!

Postby VioIet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:13 am

Roles

Mafia- Zimmah, Terrafutan, Dazza, Foxmists

SK- chapcrap

Stool Pigeons- Edocsil and Skillfusniper33

Informants- Nagerous, Hippo, Mob Deadly, LSU, Shaggy Dan

VTs- Victor, Irish Tiger, Eldario, sensfan, trinicardinal, shieldgenerator, conzocool, wildwilliam

Private 1st Class VioIet

Re: Stool Pigeon Mafia - Game Over! Mafia Win!!! MVP- Zimmah

Postby VioIet on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 am

Stool Pigeons Information

#1 (Edocsil)
The following are all vanilla townies. Everyone else not listed is either an informant/mafia/sk.

(Victor, Irish Tiger, Eldario, sensfan, trinicardinal, shieldgenerator, conzocool, wildwilliam)

#2 (Skillfusniper33)

The following are all informants. Everyone else not listed is either a VT/mafia/sk.

(Nagerous, Hippo, Mob Deadly, LSU, Shaggy Dan)

Informants Information:
#1 (ShaggyDan)- Three players- one is town and two are scum (pancakemix, foxmists, davidbates)
#2 (Hippo)- Three players- two are town and one is scum (terrafutan, Victor, Sensfan)
#3 (LSU) ā€“ Three players- one is the SK (dazza, zimmah, chapcrap)
#4 (Mob Deadly)- All three players are town (trinicardinal, Eldario, conzocool)
#5 (Nagerous)- There is a stool pigeon amongst the following: (edocsil, skillfusniper, chapcrap)

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby terrafutan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:53 am

Thanks Violet and everyone else.

Congrats Mafia

Interesting game format.

Can I borrow it for another forum ? :)
Sergeant terrafutan

Postby zimmah on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:39 am

good game all. a bit of inactivity in the end and some replacements, and a lot of confusion amongst town.

it was still quite hard to pull it off because i kept getting killed by SK and i couldn't figure out who the SK was.

btw, the list of mafia is incomplete, there were 6 mafia at the start, but i replaced two of them.

i believe the informants and pigeons could have dropped more information and try to solve the pieces of the puzzle together. also it didn't really help that violet kept editing the numbers on the list of the first page, because one of the hints from the informant was using the number/list combination in a hint, but we were unable to figure out the hint because the numbers kept changing. as a result, one of the few informants who did his job well got lynched and noone was even able to understand a word of his post.

can we also have a list with night actions? it shouldn't be many, probably just the nightkills, but at least we will then know who killed who. (mafia knows allready but the townies may not know)
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:53 am

It was blazing obvious that Fox was mafia the way she shot down my riddle without even looking at it. However I couldnt build anything on her because the town believed her right away.

Same with Zimmah on his last revive, it was obvious he was just trying to wrap the game up

Cant believe I was the one to get lynched.

However I understand how hard it was, since town was never told lynch by lynch whether or not they were doing a good job.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby zimmah on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:16 am

MoB Deadly wrote:It was blazing obvious that Fox was mafia the way she shot down my riddle without even looking at it. However I couldnt build anything on her because the town believed her right away.

Same with Zimmah on his last revive, it was obvious he was just trying to wrap the game up

However I understand how hard it was, since town was never told lynch by lynch whether or not they were doing a good job.

i agree foxmist made it way too obvious and i was really afraid because foxmist kept defending me in the end so i was getting seriously afraid, because i knew foxmist had blown her cover and i didn't want her to blow mine as well.

but in the end we had a good amount of mafia left compared to the game size and i thought the SK was allready dead, so i took a gamble and indeed tried to wrap the game up, because i thought i had good odds to do so. and i was double worried because the SK really liked killing me so i thought "well if i don't catch the SK this day, i will probably get nightkilled, so i may as well try to setup a few lynches and cases so when i get nightkilled people will believe i'm yet again killed by mafia for a good reason, and people will lynch those that i pointed as scum". or something simular.

i was actually abusing the fact i got nightkilled to look more townish, but in the endgame it was increasingly difficult to keep this cover up for reasons mentioned before.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby edocsil on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 am

VioIet wrote:Stool Pigeons Information

#1 (Edocsil)
The following are all vanilla townies. Everyone else not listed is either an informant/mafia/sk.

(Victor, Irish Tiger, Eldario, sensfan, trinicardinal, shieldgenerator, conzocool, wildwilliam)

#2 (Skillfusniper33)

The following are all informants. Everyone else not listed is either a VT/mafia/sk.

(Nagerous, Hippo, Mob Deadly, LSU, Shaggy Dan)

Informants Information:
#1 (ShaggyDan)- Three players- one is town and two are scum (pancakemix, foxmists, davidbates)
#2 (Hippo)- Three players- two are town and one is scum (terrafutan, Victor, Sensfan)
#3 (LSU) ā€“ Three players- one is the SK (dazza, zimmah, chapcrap)
#4 (Mob Deadly)- All three players are town (trinicardinal, Eldario, conzocool)
#5 (Nagerous)- There is a stool pigeon amongst the following: (edocsil, skillfusniper, chapcrap)

I had info #2
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby wildwilliam on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 am

This game is far to one sided. Impossible for town to win. when there is no information given, or people are allowed to give mass amounts of false information like make up there own riddles, it makes it impossible to determine anything and is just a cloud of fog, which obviously is great for mafia.
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby zimmah on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 am

wildwilliam wrote:This game is far to one sided. Impossible for town to win. when there is no information given, or people are allowed to give mass amounts of false information like make up there own riddles, it makes it impossible to determine anything and is just a cloud of fog, which obviously is great for mafia.

informants failed to cooperate.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:36 pm

In my opinion this game wouldonly work with strict rules around posting and limited time lines, not sure if you can blame informants for not co-operating - only way that could happen would be for a true mass claim ab initio! Thanks Vio.
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:20 pm

thehippo8 wrote:In my opinion this game wouldonly work with strict rules around posting and limited time lines, not sure if you can blame informants for not co-operating - only way that could happen would be for a true mass claim ab initio! Thanks Vio.

Agreed with hippo.

I was the SK and I was trying to get to end game because I thought there was no way that there were really that many mafia. And way too many mod kills to really give town a chance.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby zimmah on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:50 pm

ye i think the modkills didn't really help too.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby FoxMists on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:13 pm

zimmah wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:It was blazing obvious that Fox was mafia the way she shot down my riddle without even looking at it. However I couldnt build anything on her because the town believed her right away.

i agree foxmist made it way too obvious and i was really afraid because foxmist kept defending me in the end so i was getting seriously afraid, because i knew foxmist had blown her cover and i didn't want her to blow mine as well.

but in the end we had a good amount of mafia left compared to the game size and i thought the SK was allready dead, so i took a gamble and indeed tried to wrap the game up, because i thought i had good odds to do so. and i was double worried because the SK really liked killing me so i thought "well if i don't catch the SK this day, i will probably get nightkilled, so i may as well try to setup a few lynches and cases so when i get nightkilled people will believe i'm yet again killed by mafia for a good reason, and people will lynch those that i pointed as scum". or something simular.

i was actually abusing the fact i got nightkilled to look more townish, but in the endgame it was increasingly difficult to keep this cover up for reasons mentioned before.

You. Lie.

Don't do it again.

Postby VioIet on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:08 am

terrafutan wrote:Thanks Violet and everyone else.

Congrats Mafia

Interesting game format.

Can I borrow it for another forum ? :)

Hehe, yes of course. I-by no means- own this variant or any of these roles. You can use the same exact roles and structure of this game on another mafia forum. Also feel free to use a pigeon or informant in other games in this forum.

As for my thoughts:

First off, yes this is a very hard variant, and normally favors mafia. The SK is really put in the game to help balance it.

Chapcrap actually came close to winning. His kills were very smart for the most part. Had he targeted just one more mafia member sooner, he could have won. Voting to lynch MoB Deadly was probably one of his biggest mistakes. Chapcrap really needed for a mafia member to be lynched, to seal a win for him.
Mafia had no idea that chap was the SK until the very end.

Foxxie- IMO, it was obvious that you were mafia through the entire game :P Not just at the end as people are saying. Town should have definitely caught on.

Town- sorry, but you guys played horribly. I know its very confusing not to know what is going on, but in the beginning- you really should have tried to been working on the clues.

Informants- Very poor performance.
LSU did play well. But he alone couldn't make up for Nagerous & ShaggyDan being inactive.

Hippo was doing well until he got mod-killed. Hippo should have gotten his posts approved by me before posting. If people are interested- I'll make a post explaining why he and others were mod-killed. However, once he was mod-killed, the information was still in the thread for all to use.

MoB Deadly- I actually felt that MoB played very well. In fact, I gave him that riddle :P
The only problem is I feel that he probably came out with the riddle a bit too late. It would have gone over much better- had it been given a day or two earlier. If Edoc and LSU had still been in the game when MoB gave his riddle- I think the overall town reaction to it would have been completely different.
Since he gave the riddle late- mafia totally manipulated that situation.

I felt that Edoc and LSU were the only two town players who really had a good idea of what was going on in the game. Once they were out- town went downhill fast.

Stool Pigeons- I think that both Edoc and Skill were trying to fly under the radar and not give many clues.

Zimmah was the mastermind behind both of their deaths. He organized the lynch of skill (by just making up info) and sent the NK on Edoc that same night. I do think Edoc should have tried to give out more clues in the beginning though. If you give out clues- even if you die- the information remains in the thread.

Dazza- very good play. Proper amount of activity, and would have never known you were mafia.

wildwilliam- didn't care about the game, which really hurt town.

trinicardinal- No words..........just............. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I think it was blatantly obvious that for some odd reason- trini just didn't understand the rules of the game- no matter how many times they were explained to him. He definitely played to mafia's advantage as he tried to get MoB Deadly mod-killed.

Once LSU realized that I changed the numbers in the OP every day, he should have made a new riddle.
Mob Deadly's riddle, although it received a lot of criticism, it was actually the best riddle in the game. He knew that numbers were just not the way to go, so he gave facts instead.

Pigeons and informants could have gotten creative with clues. You could have said, "the person with the pink avatar is town," or "the person with 9 letters in his screen name is probably mafia."
Although my rules were strict- there were many way to get around them. I think if the informants had come to me more for help, the results may have been different.

The rules had to be very strict in order for this game to work.

Also, mafia and the SK have a right to fake information as well. That is why exact roles cannot be claimed, except for VT. If you could come right out and say that you are a pigeon, or informant- it would break the game.

Also, the game would be too easy if you could say "oh trini, eldario, and conzo are town." That would take the fun out of the guesswork. Solving the riddles are what makes this game fun. But unfortunately- not many really thought of it that way."

I think now that people have an idea what this game is like, town would do a much better job the second time around. Also, if I ever host this variant again, I would include a janitor role.

I have hosted rt versions of this game many times before. I think the rt games go much better- because people do a better job with the clues. Also, the rt games are much smaller, which makes it much easier to guess roles.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby FoxMists on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 pm

This variant sucked. Horribly. Sorry to tell you :P

Postby VioIet on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 am

FoxMists wrote:This variant sucked. Horribly. Sorry to tell you :P

LOL Np :P

It's not everyone cup of tea, and it's definitely one of the most difficult variants to play.

Thank you all for at least participating and trying it out. :D

Private 1st Class VioIet

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives