Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Egyptian Town Wins! (please move)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Egyptian 8/12 D3 The End is Near?

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:55 pm

jonty125 wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Sorry guys :oops:

Change your vote already, motherfucker, we haven't lost yet.

we have effectivley unvote vote Strike

Thank you.

Time to end this, bitches.

Kill: Mr. Squirrel

unvote
vote Strike Wolf
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

4 Townies and 2 scum will be alive after today, one of us dies tonight, 3 townies lynch one of two scum, 3 townies and one scum are alive after tomorrow, one of us dies, and the remaining two townies lynch the last scum. Town wins.

Mr. Squirrel, you made the fatal assumption of being in possession of all relevant facts. Had you but sided with town you could have shared the spoils, greedily grasping for a speedy victory and going against us now leads to you gaining nothing.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

IT's times like this I didn't want to follow squirrel's plan...*blames safari*
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:02 pm

I had a feeling you were a vig Medefe (scene flavor)...I didn't expect a day vig ability.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:12 pm

strike wolf wrote:IT's times like this I didn't want to follow squirrel's plan...*blames safari*

For the record I don't really blame anyone I'm just joking around.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

strike wolf wrote:I had a feeling you were a vig Medefe (scene flavor)...I didn't expect a day vig ability.

It's the great equaliser. A daytime vig is the ultimate table-turner, but you have to set it up so you use it at the perfect moment. My scumdar results were even better than I'd expected, homing in on two of you on day 1 already, by day 3 most of town was confirmed, safari had drawn suspicion on himself by his flip-flopping, if it weren't for that I would've been hard pressed to choose between him and TG. Then Mr. Squirrel delivered the situation I'd been waiting for by openly siding with the scum. He got people to talk a bit too much and now I presume most of, if not all, the cards are on the table.

I can't leave him alive, he'll just revive his buddy and it'll be one scum, two third-partiers and 3 townies tomorrow. The temptation to play kingmaker may be too strong, I know I'd just love to be in a situation like that where I could wreak some serious chaos.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Major MeDeFe

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:17 pm

MeDeFe wrote:4 Townies and 2 scum will be alive after today, one of us dies tonight, 3 townies lynch one of two scum, 3 townies and one scum are alive after tomorrow, one of us dies, and the remaining two townies lynch the last scum. Town wins.

Mr. Squirrel, you made the fatal assumption of being in possession of all relevant facts. Had you but sided with town you could have shared the spoils, greedily grasping for a speedy victory and going against us now leads to you gaining nothing.

So that's why you wanted me to vote :roll:
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:26 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I had a feeling you were a vig Medefe (scene flavor)...I didn't expect a day vig ability.

It's the great equaliser. A daytime vig is the ultimate table-turner, but you have to set it up so you use it at the perfect moment. My scumdar results were even better than I'd expected, homing in on two of you on day 1 already, by day 3 most of town was confirmed, safari had drawn suspicion on himself by his flip-flopping, if it weren't for that I would've been hard pressed to choose between him and TG. Then Mr. Squirrel delivered the situation I'd been waiting for by openly siding with the scum. He got people to talk a bit too much and now I presume most of, if not all, the cards are on the table.

I can't leave him alive, he'll just revive his buddy and it'll be one scum, two third-partiers and 3 townies tomorrow. The temptation to play kingmaker may be too strong, I know I'd just love to be in a situation like that where I could wreak some serious chaos.

I'll give you all the props for this game. you were onto all three scum and you have played your role perfectly. You weren't quite right about day 1. I was actually seeing Day 1 if I could flush out some possible non-town roles so I didn't really do anything I wouldn't have done as town as far as who I pursued. I did intentionally draw a bit more attention to myself than I probably should have over all...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 pm

jonty125 wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:4 Townies and 2 scum will be alive after today, one of us dies tonight, 3 townies lynch one of two scum, 3 townies and one scum are alive after tomorrow, one of us dies, and the remaining two townies lynch the last scum. Town wins.

So that's why you wanted me to vote :roll:

Yeah, your vote was still on me, which could've been fatal. Even one townie voting for another townie opens the possibility of a speedlynch by the scum, and then it would all have been for nothing. Something to keep in mind for the upcoming days as well.
Major MeDeFe

Re: Golden Pantheon - Egyptian 7/12 D3 The End is Near?

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Osiris walked through his temple deep in thought. He could see how the dice would fall. There were no winning moves with Yahweh, but Satan's forces were offering him a chance to survive. He could trade his soul, bring his ally back to life, and live to fight another day. All he had to do was stall the other gods long enough for Death to make one more kill. He didn't like it, but survival was all that mattered.

Footsteps sounded behind him and Osiris turned for face Geb. Pain coursed through Geb's expression. A god he once considered a valuable friend and ally had turned his back on him and sided with those who slew his lover and his wife. Osiris looked at the other god with pity. He knew that the other god was not long for this world, there was no other possible outcome. "You have lost, an there is nothing you can do."

With cold rage in his eyes Geb replied, "There is always something. For me it was revenge, but you took even that from me by siding with the enemy. For that I will take your life."

Geb drew a dagger from a sheath at his belt. It was an ornate thing twin blades extended like a snake's fangs with glyphs all down the flats of the blade and a golden crossgaurd and hilt. It was something meant for show an not for repeated use, but it would serve. Faster then Osiris thought possible Geb lunged forward pinning the other god to a pillar.

"You are the god of the afterlife, you could have returned to me what I had lost, instead you betray me. Here is the death you deserve." And with that Geb slid the blade home into Osiris's heart, silencing him forever.

Geb turned away from the dead god with murder yet burning in his eyes. There was yet work to do.

Mr. S Osiris, (Reviver) has been killed

D3 continues, 7 alive 4 to lynch.
Last edited by edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Does this means all votes are declared void :?:
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:40 pm

jonty125 wrote:Does this means all votes are declared void :?:

All are still valid but the dead's.

Vote Count

Mr. S (1) ~ Victor
Safari (1) ~ Tailgunner
No lynch (2) ~ Strike, Safari
Strike (2) ~ MeDeFe, Jonty

7 alive, 4 to lynch
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Egyptian 7/12 D3 The End is Near!

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Man it would have been easier actually for Mr. S to not have said anything. I was confident I could have hammered MeDeFe on his nameclaim because he didn't reveal any role information. Simply repeating what was in the opening scene I thought I could spin as a mafia making up a flavor fakeclaim. But then Mr. S comes in with the deal and I didn't figure town to have both a one-shot night vig and a one-shot dayvig in a 12 person game.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:10 pm

](*,)
well played medefe....
If it wasn't for me, town would've lost
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Rodion on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Unbelievable! :cry:

gg guys
General Rodion

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:30 pm

My one regret...talking myself out of killing Medefe night 2...

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm

unvote vote Strike Wolf

Thank Science for you MeDeFe.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:02 pm

What?? Strike wolf and safariguy5 are scum? *Gasp!*

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Well, I contacted the scum and they resigned rather then draw out the rather inevitable. Final scene is coming.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:22 pm

Geb returned to the surface of the earth weary from killing the god of the Underworld. Quickly he began to martial his forces as few as they were. Isis he found first and shortly after Ra. A little more searching turned up Bast. The numbers were in their favor, but they were not used to the mayhem and slaughter that Sokar, Set and Anubis had been practicing in recent weeks. What else was there to do however? Now it was kill or be killed.

Turning to his fellow gods Geb said, "I have slain Osiris who was in league with our enemies. I ripped from his mind the location of those who would kill us all, now is our time to strike. They are used to hunting from they shadows, and now we will hunt them in the light of the day and they will be purged." Briefly Geb looked each other the other gods in the eyes and took his measure of them. Each faintly tipped their head, they would follow where he lead and see this fight to its close.

Traveling into the bowels of the earth where molten lava churned through massive caverns the quartet of gods made their way to the the lair of the gods of death and chaos. First was Anubis. Ra had brought a mace, simple and deadly in its purpose. A single swing brought and end to the Embalmer.

Victor Anubis, (Roleblocker) has been endgamed

Next was Set, god of Chaos. Ra again swung his mace but this god was better prepared, turning and sidestepping the blow. Set managed to draw a knife and lunged in to kill his overbalanced attacker. The blade struck Ra in the side, not immediately fatal, but his would be quick in its coming. As Set wounded his companion Geb brought his dagger into play. His aim was true, as Set stabbed Ra, Geb severed the spine of Set. Turning to Isis Geb said, "I will not have another of us die, use your arts to save him, Bast and I will deal with Sokar." Isis nodded and moved to Ra's side, but in his heart he knew that all his skills would be unable to save the god of the Sun.

Strike Wolf Set, (Investigation Proof) has been endgamed

Farther on they found a great chamber, a massive empty void. Cautiously Geb and Bast proceeded to the center. Footsteps echoed behind them and they swiftly turned, only to see that no one was there, the cavern was as empty as they found it to begin with. Looking at each other with puzzlement in their eyes Geb and Bast turned to continue on. There was a sudden crack and Bast was sent flying, her broken form tumbling across the floor, malevolent green energy cracking around her. For the third and final time Geb drew his dagger and moved in to end it all. Sokar made no move to defend himself, his arms were held loosely at his sides. The dagger struck and the dagger shattered. Now Sokar moved. Grabbing Geb by his throat Sokar held him aloft. "I am the god of Death itself! The arrogance required to think that a simple tool of iron, gold and copper could kill me is astounding. Your arrogance is your undoing, and now your life will flee from you."

Terror lit Geb's eyes as he died, but even Sokar could tell that the terror wasn't for him. Dropping the weakened god Sokar turn to face what struck such terror in the other god. Satan himself slowly descended from the shadows in the cavernous ceiling far above. His voice barely a whisper Satan said. You have failed me. You were to turn them against each other, to strike from the shadows, to remain hidden. You were not to merely kill them, you were to have them destroy the good in themselves. Your failure has cost me greatly and for that you, the god of Death, will weep and beg for the release of sweet death but all you shall know is an eternity of pain. And with that Sokar began to burn as Satan drew him down to Hell.

Safariguy Sokar, (Bullet Proof) has been endgamed

Yahweh watched, as he had watched the days before. He bent the world to his will and summoned the gods who had fought for him. Those who had perished he breathed life back into, wounds he healed, souls he restored. Know this my children. Today you have won for me a great victory, and you have shown that light will not bend before the weight of the oppressive dark. For this you have my gratitude. Return to your people, and pass this lesson on through the ages.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Well that's the game. It was fun to mod. Interesting last day, I never expected it would turn out like that. I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the game. I will add roles and actions to this post shortly.

Roles

Victor Sullivan Anubis Roleblocker
Strike Wolf Set Investigation Proof
Safariguy5 Sokar Bulletproof
Mr. S Osiris Can return a god to life, Masoned with Rodion
Rodion Aken Enables Osiris, people who have died while he is alive are the only ones able to reincarnate
Violet Bast Cop, can pass the role to another
Icedagger Hathor Seraph Knight, only works if the doc is dead
naxus Horus Can halt all night actions once
TA1LGUNN3R Isis Doc
jonty125 Ra Nothing effects but kills, has one unblockable NK
MeDeFe Geb One Day Kill
pancakemix Ptah Creates any standard role, one shot, given to whoever he desires

Actions

N1
Victor Sullivan Block Violet
Violet Investigate Strike
pancakemix Vio -> investigation
Safariguy5 Kill PCM

N2
Violet Investigate Victor
jonty125 Kill Icedagger
Safariguy5 Kill Rodion

Town has won, all townies have earned one point towards the final Pantheon.
Last edited by edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edoc'sil

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:27 pm

The dead applaud. =D> Nice play, MeDeFe.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:50 pm

So the idea was always to do a series of these. At the moment I am at a bit of a crossroads as to what I want to do. I want to hit up the Greek and the Norse gods for sure and was thinking about the Roman's. Norse would go after the Greek, they happen later on in history. However when I took a look at all the Greek gods I realized there was no way I could do them all justice in just one game. So I was thinking how about I do the Primordial Gods (Uranus, Nyx, Tartarus, Gaia and the like) followed by the Titans (Styx, Atlas, Rhea, Cronus and so on) and to be continued by the Olympians (Zeus and the boys) Perhaps I could pass on the Primordial gods, but I would like to weave the story between the Titans and the Olympians. Going this route I would likely skip the Romans but still do the Norse.

Thoughts?
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Town Wins!

Postby strike wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 pm

I like the idea. Also...why couldn't MeDeFe shoot safari. :(

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Golden Pantheon - Town Wins!

Postby VioIet on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 pm

That was an awesome game!

Thanks edoc for the fantastic modding =D>

This is probably the most epic mafia ending I have ever experienced.

There is just one thing boggling me.

Edoc, why did I get an innocent on Victor? I was not roleblocked on Night 2 according to the actions.

I will explain the confusion now.

On Night 2, I mistakenly investigated pancake who was dead. So I changed my investigation to Victor. But once Day 3 started- I had not heard from edoc yet- so I assumed I was roleblocked again. After making my post about being role-blocked again, Edoc informed me that Victor was innocent. I did not want to state this in the thread- and I figured no harm in keeping that information to myself for the time being.

However, once MeDeFe voted Victor, I truly thought he was innocent- so encouraged MeDeFe to unvote him.

How wrong I was- and I played pretty awful in this one. Glad town was still able to come away with the win, despite all my mistakes. Thank you MeDeFe!!
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives