Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Egyptian Town Wins! (please move)

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Town Wins!

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Man, at least I hope it taught jonty not to vig people just to prove a role. I keep preaching patience with vig kills, and people keep not listening. Almost gave us the game this time.

I'm fine with either Greek Gods, but i say there better be fakeclaims for them as I'd think most people would be pretty familiar with them.
Captain safariguy5

Re: Golden Pantheon - Egyptian 7/12 D3 The End is Near!

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm

edocsil wrote:So the idea was always to do a series of these. At the moment I am at a bit of a crossroads as to what I want to do. I want to hit up the Greek and the Norse gods for sure and was thinking about the Roman's. Norse would go after the Greek, they happen later on in history. However when I took a look at all the Greek gods I realized there was no way I could do them all justice in just one game. So I was thinking how about I do the Primordial Gods (Uranus, Nyx, Tartarus, Gaia and the like) followed by the Titans (Styx, Atlas, Rhea, Cronus and so on) and to be continued by the Olympians (Zeus and the boys) Perhaps I could pass on the Primordial gods, but I would like to weave the story between the Titans and the Olympians. Going this route I would likely skip the Romans but still do the Norse.

Thoughts?

When Nark started this series, I remember he picked very diverse pantheons because fewer people knew them and it made it more interesting. I think you should stick to only one Greek mythology (the olympians, preferably). Then do Norse. Roman mythology is essentially the same as the Olympians so skip that. If you want more games in the series, you should pick some more diverse pantheons (from places other than the mediterranean). A little wikipedia research is all that is needed.

If you would let other mods run games in the series or at least co-mod with you, I know the Hindu pantheon pretty well (and its really easy to learn about if you want to run the game) and I could probably also do one on the Japanese Kamis. They both have relatively small numbers of deities (well, not the japanese, but they only have a handful of major deities) and could probably run in a similar size game to this one.

Otherwise, great game. I really enjoyed it, even though I got screwed there at the end.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

VioIet wrote:Edoc, why did I get an innocent on Victor? I was not roleblocked on Night 2 according to the actions.

Yeah, when you went in and said that you hadn't gotten your info I quick looked at you first action which said PCM, and he was innocent. I forgot to double check again that he was alive :oops:

Mr. Squirrel wrote:If you would let other mods run games in the series or at least co-mod with you, I know the Hindu pantheon pretty well (and its really easy to learn about if you want to run the game) and I could probably also do one on the Japanese Kamis. They both have relatively small numbers of deities (well, not the japanese, but they only have a handful of major deities) and could probably run in a similar size game to this one.

I would be happy to have a CoMod, I had thought Kwanton was going to do this one with me, but he disappeared... I could get into either the Japanese or the Hindu. Egyptian -> Greek -> Japanese -> Norse -> Angels&Demons would be a good path in my opinion. If you would like to CoMod the next few with me I would enjoy that, but I would be comfortable taking the idea and running with it, wikipedia is there for a reason.

@ all: Thanks for the praise, glad you enjoyed playing this one as much as I liked modding it.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:40 am

edocsil wrote:I would be happy to have a CoMod, I had thought Kwanton was going to do this one with me, but he disappeared... I could get into either the Japanese or the Hindu. Egyptian -> Greek -> Japanese -> Norse -> Angels&Demons would be a good path in my opinion. If you would like to CoMod the next few with me I would enjoy that, but I would be comfortable taking the idea and running with it, wikipedia is there for a reason.

That sounds good to me. I'll be running a game of my own around mid-november, but I should be able to handle it. I've got it mostly worked out already anyway. Shoot me a PM when you want to start preparing.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 am

strike wolf wrote:I like the idea. Also...why couldn't MeDeFe shoot safari. :(

Because you first said you were bulletproof, and then safari said there had been some mistake with the initial role PMs. After that I wasn't going to shoot any scum when I could shoot a non-bulletproof collaborator instead for the same effect.

As for feedback:
I enjoyed the game even though activity was a bit low, but that's hardly the GM's fault. Things got extremely interesting towards the end, which more than makes up for it. The role distribution turned out really well, town powers have a good chance of success against the scum, but aren't guaranteed to work. The third party can do more than just hope to survive, but they don't break the balance of the game.
Town has two or maybe three roles that can completely screw up the scum's endgame strategy, but only if they use them correctly, me and Naxus could both have changed the balance when it was about to tip to scum's favour, giving town that one extra vote. The third potential candidate is Ptah, depending on what counts as "standard role". If he can keep on bulletproofing claimed and practically confirmed townies the scum will very quickly be revealed, and as we saw, a daytime vigilante can turn an endgame around. Considering that only one of us actually survived until endgame, that seems to be balanced.

Also, great work on the scenes, just one minor thing... it's "to marshal forces".
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby jonty125 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 am

safariguy5 wrote:Man, at least I hope it taught jonty not to vig people just to prove a role. I keep preaching patience with vig kills, and people keep not listening. Almost gave us the game this time.

I'm fine with either Greek Gods, but i say there better be fakeclaims for them as I'd think most people would be pretty familiar with them.

Yes it did

Edoc for the Greeks maybe you could to do Olympians vs. Titans :?: therfore using both in one game

And did I day in the last scene or not :-s :-s
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 am

I actually fake claimed safari's role (I didn't expect to be countered) figuring that you wouldn't bother with the third party and if you believed my confession to be an overconfident scum slip it would have been 50/50 that you end up hitting the bulletproof scum.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:49 am

jonty125 wrote:And did I day in the last scene or not :-s :-s

None of the townies died as evidence by Yahweh returning life to the townies and the lack of "Player died".

Also, medefe the roles only lasted for the night.
Edoc'sil

Postby Rodion on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am

Sorry for my low activity. It was just me trying not to get too involved scum hunting to avoid a bullet. I almost claimed on the end of D2, but since Squirrel subbed I decided to wait one more day to talk to him about it. Guess that didn't turn out well!

Strike, Safari, everyone: next time you're mafia-aligned and don't see me making an effort, just keep me alive, will ya? ;)
General Rodion

Postby Rodion on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

By the way, Edoc, wasn't Violet supposed to have 2 investigations on N2 (her standard and PCM's N1 gift)?
General Rodion

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

edocsil wrote:
jonty125 wrote:And did I day in the last scene or not :-s :-s

None of the townies died as evidence by Yahweh returning life to the townies and the lack of "Player died".

Also, medefe the roles only lasted for the night.

In fact, I was assuming that, since you did say they were "one shot".
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:42 am

Rodion wrote:By the way, Edoc, wasn't Violet supposed to have 2 investigations on N2 (her standard and PCM's N1 gift)?

The gift was useable the same night as as it was given, and she was roleblocked n1

@medefe Ah, I see that now in your post. I took it differently at first.
Edoc'sil

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives