Conquer Club

Soundman's First Mafia [End] Arsonist Wins!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soundman's First Mafia [End] Arsonist Wins!!

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:26 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:a little confused about the Arsonist, please xplain more?

Basically a SK. So they have the option each night, to douse someone, or ignite the players doused. So basically they can try and line up several people for one night, then kill everyone off.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Arsonist
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Frankly I should have guessed there was an arsonist, with two nights and no killings I should have guessed the mafia were expended. I simply didn't think to go back and look at the original set-up, my bad. Having said that, even if I had worked out that there was an arsonist there was nothing I could do. I didn't suspect Rodion at all, clever play and nothing scummy. My pick was Chap and I would have left Rodion to the last. Good game, lots of fun and I enjoyed the involvement by all. A chatty Mafia game is a good Mafia game!! Well done Soundman.
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:24 am

It was a good first day. Too bad the doc didn't protect me, but oh well maybe next time!! Good game!! Thanks soundman!! Whens your next one!?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby soundman on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! I actually have another in the works. It'll be a themed game and hopefully even more fun than this one. :)
Lieutenant soundman

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:42 am

edocsil wrote:Investigation proof Arsonist is a bit OP with 5 non town roles. Perhaps next time we will learn from this that follow the cop is not a good idea :| I had hoped with enough time with the "failing" kills you could all sort it out, I did not suspect an arsonist till too late. General, I share a large amount of responsibility for the town loss but take me killing you as a sign of respect. You, Rodion and I were the 3 people I suspected of being able to fool the town for long enough to win as a loner. I chose you because if I did not town was just going to go after you like the did for me. In retrospect perhaps it would have been better to kill another and let the cop (who I wrongly assumed naive) follow through with an investigation.

I'm still bitter. :cry: Give me time to get over my loss.
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:13 am

soundman wrote:Thanks guys, glad you liked it! I actually have another in the works. It'll be a themed game and hopefully even more fun than this one. :)

If that is possible ... this was pretty darn good!!

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 am

That it was! i will definitely join the next one! (or at least try!)
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 pm

I still can't believe TheGeneral somehow turned my simple comment(s) into a case against me! I was seriously not being scummy! Whenever I'm town, I always look scummy, but have rarely been lynched Day 1. This game I'm not and I'm lynched! I need to stick to third parties; I do far better playing those roles, haha.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I still can't believe TheGeneral somehow turned my simple comment(s) into a case against me! I was seriously not being scummy! Whenever I'm town, I always look scummy, but have rarely been lynched Day 1. This game I'm not and I'm lynched! I need to stick to third parties; I do far better playing those roles, haha.

-Sully

I have the gift of persuasion. I can convince others to vote with me. I lack the discretion necessary to pick a good lynch though. This game, I picked fairly well.
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Crikey, there's more chatter after the game than during it ... lol ... no seriously this was a good chatty game!

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 am

edocsil wrote:Investigation proof Arsonist is a bit OP with 5 non town roles. Perhaps next time we will learn from this that follow the cop is not a good idea :| I had hoped with enough time with the "failing" kills you could all sort it out, I did not suspect an arsonist till too late. General, I share a large amount of responsibility for the town loss but take me killing you as a sign of respect. You, Rodion and I were the 3 people I suspected of being able to fool the town for long enough to win as a loner. I chose you because if I did not town was just going to go after you like the did for me. In retrospect perhaps it would have been better to kill another and let the cop (who I wrongly assumed naive) follow through with an investigation.

You know, I wondered about how to balance arsonist, but I figured it's basically a modified SKer because the kills are on delay. I figured people would have been able to suspect possible foul play with a few non death nights. Also, if a doused person is NKed or lynched, the arsonist is deprived of his kill.

If it was a bit OP for arsonist, then I admit to not really using it often, but I figured town had a decent chance to win at the end too. Mafia were a bit screwed by GF getting lynched Day 1 lol.
Captain safariguy5

Postby TeeGee on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 am

isaiah40 wrote:It was a good first day. Too bad the doc didn't protect me, but oh well maybe next time!! Good game!! Thanks soundman!! Whens your next one!?

That was a huge noob mistake by me, and it cost me big time..

But thanks for letting me play my 1st mafia game, I learnt lots and had fun at the same time
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby soundman on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:26 am

The only thing I didn't like about the game was the silencer. Originally I thought it would have more of an impact on the game (silencing select people to push the game in whatever direction they wanted) but all it really seemed to do was drop activity. Though it did keep suspicion off of Mr. S and CMS for a bit since everyone knew they couldn't talk much so didn't bother going after them. I'd leave it out of my future games.

Oh, and VTs... Don't like VTs...
Lieutenant soundman

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

TeeGee wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:It was a good first day. Too bad the doc didn't protect me, but oh well maybe next time!! Good game!! Thanks soundman!! Whens your next one!?

That was a huge noob mistake by me, and it cost me big time..

But thanks for letting me play my 1st mafia game, I learnt lots and had fun at the same time

Not a problem, we all make mistakes in our first game.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives