Conquer Club

Re: Merlin C9 Game Over Mafia Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Merlin C9 (7/7) D1: A new dawn DEADLINE 5th Dec

Postby wildwilliam on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:27 pm

wildwilliam wrote:
edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Now edoc says wild is likely to be mafia.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said I think he skims a bit and that he was being a bit of a noob.

Hey I may be a noob, but I do NOT skim.

All I said was that I wanted to hear more from you.

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, let's go after an inactive. I only see one. vote edoc

Don't Shoot! I am on Thanksgiving Break, my only access to the net is through a tiny little netbook. You will notice my participation is low throughout CC at the current moment.

As for my thoughts and opinions, shame on VS. US is a bit of a rookie, you thinking you saw a softclaim was a bit of a risky jump. It turns out you were right, but whether or not that is a good thing is a bit up for grabs. We may not have a Doc, The Cop could be real screwed. You are however right, the mafia were likely to target US but any argument of getting his claim out for the hopefully present doc to see gets real WIFOMy real fast. Scenarios of who is planing to shoot who in the night are messy at best. That was rolefishing,and that isn't good. This is a C9 game however so it doesn't play out like other games and not all the rules apply. The game is just to short, some risks do have to be taken.

At this point I only GMEOY victor, I will have a vote to place once I can get back to school and get my game back on. That will be Sunday. I will refrain till then, it is only 4 to lynch and a poorly placed vote, or a vote incapable of being quickly withdrawn if needed can be fatal.

Becuase of what you said in Red. Sounded to me like you had more to say then you posted.

EBWOP - pushed submit by accident
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby Conzocool on Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Victor and I both picked up the softclaim.

Anytime someone says "I would rather not claim", especially if that player is a newbie, they are either a doctor or a cop. If you don't believe me, check out my own experience as a newb in Albarezzi mafia. The only question is really how bad their scumtells were.

I voted US half in jest to begin with. The bandwagon on him developed rather quickly, which is why I had dropped out of it. Although I did realize it was too late and go back to it.

Now edoc says wild is likely to be mafia. I understand where this point is coming from, however aggression does not equate mafia. edoc would know this. For that reason, my vote sticks. This seems like mafia trying to trick a lynch out. Although, edoc goes and votes shield which is justifiable because a) shield is an inactive (and he better get back in here, or I am join that wagon) and b) edoc has him foe'd. I think that since he has him foe'd, and reminded us about that fact, it's a perfect cover to lynch a townie and get away with it. Note that a lot of this is pure speculation, and I am making a few logical jumps. My jumpy, spec case is the best I have right now.

I agree; Edoc also seemed very quick to jump to conclusions about who everyone else was. Not that I don't agree with some of his points, but making a list like that and mostly rating people on how townish they were really puts some in the spotlight, dontcha think? Having those thoughts is fine, but just putting in a Word document or something to keep track of is better than just throwing that out there... Gives people ideas. :|
Private 1st Class Conzocool

Postby edocsil on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Excuse me? The whole point of that little list is to get discussion going. You see them in almost every game at one point or another, especially when the player count gets (or starts) low.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby wildwilliam on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:34 am

Conzocool wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Victor and I both picked up the softclaim.

Anytime someone says "I would rather not claim", especially if that player is a newbie, they are either a doctor or a cop. If you don't believe me, check out my own experience as a newb in Albarezzi mafia. The only question is really how bad their scumtells were.

I voted US half in jest to begin with. The bandwagon on him developed rather quickly, which is why I had dropped out of it. Although I did realize it was too late and go back to it.

Now edoc says wild is likely to be mafia. I understand where this point is coming from, however aggression does not equate mafia. edoc would know this. For that reason, my vote sticks. This seems like mafia trying to trick a lynch out. Although, edoc goes and votes shield which is justifiable because a) shield is an inactive (and he better get back in here, or I am join that wagon) and b) edoc has him foe'd. I think that since he has him foe'd, and reminded us about that fact, it's a perfect cover to lynch a townie and get away with it. Note that a lot of this is pure speculation, and I am making a few logical jumps. My jumpy, spec case is the best I have right now.

I agree; Edoc also seemed very quick to jump to conclusions about who everyone else was. Not that I don't agree with some of his points, but making a list like that and mostly rating people on how townish they were really puts some in the spotlight, dontcha think? Having those thoughts is fine, but just putting in a Word document or something to keep track of is better than just throwing that out there... Gives people ideas. :|

I like the list, as long as it is agreed upon by all. And I think we can all agree that so far it is correct.
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 am

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Now edoc says wild is likely to be mafia.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said I think he skims a bit and that he was being a bit of a noob.

Sorry edoc. I misread it, I thought you were saying a lot more than you did. unvote
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby wildwilliam on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:27 am

can we get a vote count. This may spark more debate.
Corporal wildwilliam

Re: Merlin C9 (7/7) looking for reserves D1: A new dawn

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:32 am

jonty125 wrote:Vote Count

edocsil (0) -
Conzocool (0) -
usAir (0) -
DoomYoshi (1) - shieldgenerator7,
shieldgenerator7 (1) - edocsil,
wildwilliam (0) -
Victor Sullivan (2)- usAir, wildwilliam

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline 5th December 1600 GMT

Vote count as requested

Prod been sent out to usAir
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:44 pm

So i guess we will just sit here till night then? Say something boys.
Edoc'sil

Postby wildwilliam on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 pm

edocsil wrote:So i guess we will just sit here till night then? Say something boys.

I have my vote on victor. He has gone completely silent after finding out that US is the main character of the game. I am thinking that Victor though he might have had a vanilla role and be able to get a quick day one lynch...... oppps?

your thoughts?
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby usAir on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm still here, been here for a while. My vote is still on victor, because of his excessive push to get me to claim, especially when were were still in the semi-joke vote stage.

Also, 5 minutes after I claimed, he was positive that there were no counterclaims. Not that there would be, but it seems from his post that he knows more than he is letting on to.

(for reference, my post was at 9:32, his was at 9:37)
Victor Sullivan wrote:
usAir wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:](*,)

Are you the doc or the cop already? This is a C9, you have to be one of the two. This is your second soft-claim - out with it!

-Sully

Really? I would have said the same if I was going to claim VT. However...

I am Merlin and am the Town Cop.

Unvote Vote Sully -- The vote against you is for the unnecessary pressure. You are (if there is no doc, which is a possibility) going to kill a town power role. I do not see how that was a softclaim at all. Claiming VT would have had me lynched (cause you can't prove it), so any type of claim would be harmful to me.

unvote

Thank you!! That's all I wanted. Your name claim fits and if there's another cop out there he would counterclaim, so now you're solid. Mafia would have targeted you for the kill, even if you didn't hard-claim, because you already soft-claimed. Now, if we have a Doctor, then maybe they can help you out tonight.

-Sully
Corporal 1st Class usAir

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Yea, I guess we wait to hear from Victor to see if he has any defense.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Alright, Victor is the on e on the table then. He is L-2, I won't vote for him. If he flips Doc the scum would hammer...
Edoc'sil

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Well, toot my fiddlebiscuits!

*Clears throat*

Knaves! You dare lynch your protector, Prince Arthur Pendragon of Camelot (Vanilla Townie)?!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby edocsil on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:53 pm

There you have it, another fairly ironclad role claim. Great. At least he isn't the doc.

We were really more looking for you to speak in your defense, not a straight up claim as soon as possible.
Edoc'sil

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Lol, it was going to come to it anyway.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby edocsil on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Lol, it was going to come to it anyway.

-Sully

Yes, but that isn't the point, the idea is discussion to find out ho is making mistakes. Not claims. We would just mass claim then...
Edoc'sil

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 pm

mod wrote:mafia will have good fakeclaims.

I suggest at this point you still have to explain your actions, whether or not you have claimed Victor. I should note that I am not familiar with the series.

vote victor
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Conzocool on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:19 pm

I apologize for my inactivity; I had a family emergency arise, and I will not be able to get on Conquer Club for an indefinitely long time. Therefore, I'd like a replacement, if possible. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience, but this was totally out of my control and impossible to stop. Apologies!

Note: This was copied and pasted to all of my mafia games.
Private 1st Class Conzocool

Postby edocsil on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:29 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

I suggest at this point you still have to explain your actions, whether or not you have claimed Victor. I should note that I am not familiar with the series.

vote victor

First off, what actions? Second off, it's Victor D1. He has just been tooling around like the rest of us waiting for someone else to say something dumb.
Edoc'sil

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:38 pm

edocsil wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

vote victor

First off, what actions? Second off, it's Victor D1. He has just been tooling around like the rest of us waiting for someone else to say something dumb.

When I say actions, I more accurately mean words. Like you said, we need him to speak in his defense. The fact that he has submarined since I voted him just makes it worse. I don't think his meta can defend him. Don't forget Victor D1 in POTC.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:24 am

I will never forget that >:/

I was more just trying say because someone hasn't had a lot to say on D1 they are scum is a something to be cautious about. I came off as if I was defending him and I did not intend to.
Edoc'sil

Re: Merlin C9 (7/7) looking for reserves D1: A new dawn

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:00 am

Vote Count

edocsil (0) -
Conzocool (0) -
usAir (0) -
DoomYoshi (1) - shieldgenerator7,
shieldgenerator7 (1) - edocsil,
wildwilliam (0) -
Victor Sullivan (3)- usAir, wildwilliam, DoomYoshi

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

DEADLINE HAS ARRIVED!!

Cheers for the heads up Conzo hopes all goes well

IronButterfly will replace Conzo

A no lynch has been passed deadline for night actions will be set when a replacment for Conzo has been confirmed (this is neither confirmation or deniation of Conzo having a night action)
Cook jonty125

Re: Merlin C9 (7/7) N1: No-one has died

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 am

The day started off with a lot of -eth and old speak one man was noted for a lack of participation. He claimed he had nothing to say and was brought up to the chopping block. The man said he didn't want to claim but was forced to do so and claimed he was Merlin and town cop. The town let him live. A commercial break followed, for Thanksgiving. The game struggled to keep up the pace and the sun began to set. People started pointing fingers at inactives who were still enjoying commercials. One man was pressured for his agression on the previous lynch, as he toodled his fiddlebiscuits he claimed he was Prince Arthur Pendragon of Camelot and had no abilities at night. One man still pushed for his lynch but could not pass a majority and the Sun set without a death. Will the sunrise without a death, though?
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 am

Deadline for night actions is Friday 9th December at 1600 GMT
Cook jonty125

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

Confirm. I am replacing someone...Concozool perhaps?

I have read the thread and am caught up.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives