Conquer Club

Re: Merlin C9 Game Over Mafia Win

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Merlin C9 (6/7) D2: Lead Actor is written off

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:05 am

The town went to sleep very troubled - their cop was exposed and a doc was not guaranteed to be in the script. As the cameras went to Merlin's home a horrifying sight met them which has not being aired but this the key thing is Image

usAir has been killed Merlin (Town Cop)

D2 has now started with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch

No deadline until activity decreases
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Merlin C9 (6/7) D2: Lead Actor is Written Off

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 am

Damn. Anyways, Let's finish where we left off.

vote Sully
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Well, I think it's safe to assume we don't have a doc... *sigh*

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

I agree with Doom. unvote vote Sully
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby wildwilliam on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:I agree with Doom. unvote vote Sully

agree with the agree.

vote sully
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:20 pm

wildwilliam wrote:

agree with the agree.

vote sully

Already L-1. Craziness!! What do you have to say Sully?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby edocsil on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 pm

chapcrap wrote:
wildwilliam wrote:

agree with the agree.

vote sully

Le Hammer? As I said. His fishing was never going to help the town. His role is mighty strong but perhaps his fake was just simply that good. Perhaps he thought he could get away with IDing the cop.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby chapcrap on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:58 pm

edocsil wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
wildwilliam wrote:

agree with the agree.

vote sully

Le Hammer? As I said. His fishing was never going to help the town. His role is mighty strong but perhaps his fake was just simply that good. Perhaps he thought he could get away with IDing the cop.

unvote vote Doomyoshi

I think he has been acting scummy and Victor already claimed. His claimed is believable.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby edocsil on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm

chapcrap wrote:
edocsil wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
wildwilliam wrote:

agree with the agree.

vote sully

unvote vote Doomyoshi

I think he has been acting scummy and Victor already claimed. His claimed is believable.

Did you mean to vote doom there? I don't think we should let victor get away with blatantly fishing out the cop. There was no way that it was going to end well no mater what when he began digging at the softclaim.
Edoc'sil

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:19 am

I honestly don't see the issue here. usAir outed himself. I just prodded him for a claim to verify his soft-claim(s).

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby jonty125 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 am

Vote Count

edocsil (0) -
chapcrap (0) -
DoomYoshi (1) - chapcrap
Shieldgenerator7 (0) -
wildwilliam (0) -
Victor Sullivan (2) - DoomYoshi, wildwilliam,

With 6 alive to takes 4 to lynch.

No deadline. Prod being sent out to shield.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:24 am

chapcrap wrote:
edocsil wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
wildwilliam wrote:

agree with the agree.

vote sully

unvote vote Doomyoshi

A) how have I been acting scummy?
B) what makes Victor's claim believable?
C) if his claim is so believable why did you already vote and then interrogate him?

@Victor: my problem is that rather than addressing what people were saying and discussing, you jumped right away to the claim. Knowing that mafia have fake claims, that seems about as easy an way out as anything. Now I don't entirely agree with what edoc and the others are saying (yes, I realize I made the case myself but I have changed my mind). However, I believe that discussion of any kind can only help the town. You said it was going to come to a claim anyways so you didn't see a need for discussion. Now, part of day 1 vanilla strategy is willingness to take the fall. That is perhaps not the only strategy, but it is always a consideration. So, you joined in on a BW which eventually led to the ouster of the cop. That's ok, I will let that slide. After that, not only did you not contribute to discussion, you actively demolished a discussion. So tell me, how are you going to help the town today? (sorry for the ramble, editing is tough on the iPad)
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby wildwilliam on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:28 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
A) how have I been acting scummy?

You have had scummy activity this entire game.

1) you knew US was town, even before he claimed how is this possible unless you were scum?
2) once I called you out on this, you flipped immediately (page 5) and voted for US to try and show you were town. This to me is a real scum tell and the only reason my vote is on victor and not you is because US, who was proven our only pro town power role wanted Victor dead. I am not sure that I believe his claim. remember mafia will have very good claims.

DoomYoshi wrote:B) what makes Victor's claim believable?

It isn't. And If he comes up clean, I believe you will flip scum.

DoomYoshi wrote:
@Victor: my problem is that rather than addressing what people were saying and discussing, you jumped right away to the claim. Knowing that mafia have fake claims, that seems about as easy an way out as anything. Now I don't entirely agree with what edoc and the others are saying (yes, I realize I made the case myself but I have changed my mind). However, I believe that discussion of any kind can only help the town. You said it was going to come to a claim anyways so you didn't see a need for discussion. Now, part of day 1 vanilla strategy is willingness to take the fall. That is perhaps not the only strategy, but it is always a consideration. So, you joined in on a BW which eventually led to the ouster of the cop. That's ok, I will let that slide. After that, not only did you not contribute to discussion, you actively demolished a discussion. So tell me, how are you going to help the town today? (sorry for the ramble, editing is tough on the iPad)

This is where I agree with you, and a major reason my vote is on Victor. Victor went silent after finding out the true role of US. I think he was thinking that US was town, but not a role that would have to be counter claimed. He could have easily forced through a lynch on a person who was acting scummy, like Us was, who was a vanilla townie.

anyways, for now my vote stands on victor.
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby wildwilliam on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 am

chapcrap wrote:unvote vote Doomyoshi

I was getting ready to change my vote to doom, and decided to do some research first.

This is who victor claimed:

King Arthur Pendragon, previously Prince:

Why would he claim a characters previous role. Should he not be King Pendragon? I find it odd he claimed Prince. Maybe a skim, maybe a mod deal. I am not 100% up on this show. maybe someone can explain this to me.

So if there is a good reason for this, I am changing my vote, but if not, I think we have a trapped some scummage.
Corporal wildwilliam

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:46 am

1) I did not know, but it felt like he was town.
2) It does look like a scumtell.

Perhaps if I was in your shoes, I would vote for me.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I honestly don't see the issue here. usAir outed himself. I just prodded him for a claim to verify his soft-claim(s).

-Sully

Victor Sullivan wrote:
usAir wrote:If necessary, I will, however, I would prefer not to this early in the game. If you'd like me to, at least give me a chance to respond before lynching. I should be back on later today.

You've already soft-claimed. Might as well spill the beans. We now know you're either a doctor or a cop (as well as the mafia!), unless you're lying.

-Sully

Bloody Liar.

Vote Victor
Edoc'sil

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 pm

wildwilliam wrote:
chapcrap wrote:unvote vote Doomyoshi

I was getting ready to change my vote to doom, and decided to do some research first.

This is who victor claimed:

King Arthur Pendragon, previously Prince:

Why would he claim a characters previous role. Should he not be King Pendragon? I find it odd he claimed Prince. Maybe a skim, maybe a mod deal. I am not 100% up on this show. maybe someone can explain this to me.

So if there is a good reason for this, I am changing my vote, but if not, I think we have a trapped some scummage.

I'm guessing "Merlin" is referring to the TV series, in which Arthur is prince: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merlin_(TV_series)

edocsil wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I honestly don't see the issue here. usAir outed himself. I just prodded him for a claim to verify his soft-claim(s).

-Sully

Victor Sullivan wrote:
usAir wrote:If necessary, I will, however, I would prefer not to this early in the game. If you'd like me to, at least give me a chance to respond before lynching. I should be back on later today.

You've already soft-claimed. Might as well spill the beans. We now know you're either a doctor or a cop (as well as the mafia!), unless you're lying.

-Sully

Bloody Liar.

Vote Victor

What? I don't see the lie.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby edocsil on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

US's did not softclaim at all at that point, and you forced a claim from the cop for zero reason at all. You were simply rolefishing in an attempt to find a critical townie. Most the votes on the wagon were jokes or prods for activity. You are a liar, there was no softclaim.
Edoc'sil

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

edocsil wrote:US's did not softclaim at all at that point, and you forced a claim from the cop for zero reason at all. You were simply rolefishing in an attempt to find a critical townie. Most the votes on the wagon were jokes or prods for activity. You are a liar, there was no softclaim.

Erm, yes, it was quite obvious he was hiding a not Vanilla Townie claim, as he would have been fine claiming otherwise.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby edocsil on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

What in here says softclaim? I says I don't want to claim, let me defend myself. This should be done at all time when a BS case is leveled at you whether or not you are a cop doc or VT. Why? Because it promotes DISCUSSION. and Discussion is the savior of the town. You are preventing discussion by foolish rolefishing and it is hurting the town.
Edoc'sil

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 pm

edocsil wrote:

What in here says softclaim? I says I don't want to claim, let me defend myself. This should be done at all time when a BS case is leveled at you whether or not you are a cop doc or VT. Why? Because it promotes DISCUSSION. and Discussion is the savior of the town. You are preventing discussion by foolish rolefishing and it is hurting the town.

I highlighted it. I really don't understand how you can't see it.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
edocsil wrote:

I highlighted it. I really don't understand how you can't see it.

-Sully

Yes, looking back, I agree. He did not really soft claim. He just said he didn't want to yet. Not really much of a soft claim.
unvote vote Sully
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 am

I saw the soft claim as well. Unfortunately, I think that puts victor over the edge. In case I don't make it tonight, edoc is my number one target for tomorrow.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 am

Vote Count

edocsil (0) -
chapcrap (0) -
DoomYoshi (0) -
Shieldgenerator7 (0) -
wildwilliam (0) -
Victor Sullivan (4) - DoomYoshi, wildwilliam, edocsil, chapcrap

With 6 alive to takes 4 to lynch.

THAT IS A LYNCH!

Scene coming in the next 20 minutes.
Cook jonty125

Re: Merlin C9 (5/7) N2: The Prince is Dead

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:57 am

After losing their cop the town decided to resume from the previous day, against Prince Arthur. Another candidate was brought forward by another but the case went nowhere. The towns original case on Prince Arthur and after a lot of back and forth. Quite quickly, the hammer was dropped and the candidate was lynched.

Victor Sullivan has being lynched Prince Arthur (Vanilla Townie)

You have 48 hours to send in night actions (Wed 14 Dec 1600GMT)
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives