Conquer Club

Interesting Mafia! GAME OVER ~ MAFIA WINS ~

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Interesting Mafia! [8/13] - Day 4 - Mafia's Revenge

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:56 am

What we have:

1. Strike wolf-claimed 2 shot vig
2. Bgthebrain-claimed2 shot vig (naive?)
3. Andydufresne-Town cop died Night 3
4. Leehar-Naive Cop Killed Night 2
5. Edocsil-Town Doctor died night 1
6. Hippo-Naive doctor Lynched Day 2.
7. Zimmah-claimed mason recruiter. can only recruit vanilla townies.
8, Victor Sullivan-claimed mason Night 1,, 2 and 3 recruiting from Zimmah was used on Andy, Spiesr and me respectively so Victor in this scenario would have had to be a mason from the beginning of the game. With my current theory it may be best to think of this role as a Naive Mason Recruiter
9. Iron Butterfly-claimed VT
10. Spiesr-Mafia goon. Thought Zimmah tracked him killing Leehar night 2. Suggests that he was the one who performed the kill so it appears any mafia can perform the kill.
11. soundman- claimed Naive cop
12. Dazza-claimed back up cop
13. Gilligan-unclaimeed.

I strongly believe right now that soundman and Dazza are the remaining scum. With the pairs we have so far they are the two who stand out from the crowd as far as who's who. I believe Zimmah and victor Sullivan's claims as it would have been a big risk to call out Andy as a power role and have him claim VT lynch him and it turns out he was. Zimmah would have been the next on the chopping block. Given what we know Iron Butterfly has already claimed VT and Gilligan appears to be the other vt. I say we follow through on our lynch today, if we lynch correctly, we have Zimmah attempt to recruit either Gilligan or Iron butterfly. Even if Zimmah is killed over night Victor should be able to tell us if the recruit was successful or not. If we are somehow incorrect in the lynch, I say Zimmah attempts to recruit IB to test his role and Dazza investigates Gilligan. I can use my ability to shoot Dazza tonight if we are right but I do not know if it will be necessary. So if town thinks I should, I will but otherwise I'll hold onto it. I will NOT be shooting anyone if we turn out to be wrong somehow.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Interesting Mafia! [13/13] - DAY 1 - A Colorful Murder

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am

Day 4 - Vote Count 6

BGtheBrain -
(1) dazza2008 - BGtheBrain
Gilligan -
Iron Butterfly -
strike wolf -
(3, L-2) soundman -dazza2008, zimmah, strike wolf
Victor Sullivan -
zimmah -

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to Lynch or No Lynch.

Gilligan was prodded

Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:24 am

Geez, it's been one day...

Anyway. I am the other vanilla townie. Judging by the other roles, I'd guess I'm a a gallis (or even Iron Butterfly is, we can't be sure).

Does recruiting work on a gallis? Even though I appear to be a nilla, would a recruitment still work?
Major Gilligan

Postby zimmah on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:34 am

Gilligan wrote:Geez, it's been one day...

Anyway. I am the other vanilla townie. Judging by the other roles, I'd guess I'm a a gallis (or even Iron Butterfly is, we can't be sure).

Does recruiting work on a gallis? Even though I appear to be a nilla, would a recruitment still work?

what's a gallis, do you mean miller?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:37 am

http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Gallis

This is what I found. First time I've heard of it too. don't know how likely it would be.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 am

strike wolf wrote:http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Gallis

This is what I found. First time I've heard of it too. don't know how likely it would be.

Yeah, this. A gallis is lynched on minority vote.

But yeah, I could be a miller too - forgot about that one.
Major Gilligan

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:What we have:

8, Victor Sullivan-claimed mason Night 1,, 2 and 3 recruiting from Zimmah was used on Andy, Spiesr and me respectively so Victor in this scenario would have had to be a mason from the beginning of the game. With my current theory it may be best to think of this role as a Naive Mason Recruiter
10.Gilligan-claimed VT
11. Spiesr-Mafia goon. Thought Zimmah tracked him killing Leehar night 2. Suggests that he was the one who performed the kill so it appears any mafia can perform the kill.
12. soundman- claimed Naive cop
13. Dazza-claimed back up cop

Updated

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:27 pm

strike wolf wrote:What we have:

10. Spiesr-Mafia goon. Thought Zimmah tracked him killing Leehar night 2. Suggests that he was the one who performed the kill so it appears any mafia can perform the kill.
11. soundman- claimed Naive cop
12. Dazza-claimed back up cop
13. Gilligan-unclaimeed.

I strongly believe right now that soundman and Dazza are the remaining scum. With the pairs we have so far they are the two who stand out from the crowd as far as who's who. I believe Zimmah and victor Sullivan's claims as it would have been a big risk to call out Andy as a power role and have him claim VT lynch him and it turns out he was. Zimmah would have been the next on the chopping block. Given what we know Iron Butterfly has already claimed VT and Gilligan appears to be the other vt. I say we follow through on our lynch today, if we lynch correctly, we have Zimmah attempt to recruit either Gilligan or Iron butterfly. Even if Zimmah is killed over night Victor should be able to tell us if the recruit was successful or not. If we are somehow incorrect in the lynch, I say Zimmah attempts to recruit IB to test his role and Dazza investigates Gilligan. I can use my ability to shoot Dazza tonight if we are right but I do not know if it will be necessary. So if town thinks I should, I will but otherwise I'll hold onto it. I will NOT be shooting anyone if we turn out to be wrong somehow.

Vote Soundman
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby BGtheBrain on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby soundman on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm telling you I'm a cop. If you have to lynch me then at least do two things. First, why not validate Gilligan's role? It says he'll survive a majority vote so it should be easy to prove. Two, if he is validated and you still want to kill me then after you find out you're wrong kill dazza. If you think there can't be that many cops then he must be lying.

Vote Gilligan
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:00 pm

soundman wrote:I'm telling you I'm a cop. If you have to lynch me then at least do two things. First, why not validate Gilligan's role? It says he'll survive a majority vote so it should be easy to prove. Two, if he is validated and you still want to kill me then after you find out you're wrong kill dazza. If you think there can't be that many cops then he must be lying.

Vote Gilligan

It's a 33% chance that I won't be lynched on a majority vote. Either way, the votes are already hammered on you and un-hammerable.
Major Gilligan

Postby zimmah on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

soundman wrote:I'm telling you I'm a cop. If you have to lynch me then at least do two things. First, why not validate Gilligan's role? It says he'll survive a majority vote so it should be easy to prove. Two, if he is validated and you still want to kill me then after you find out you're wrong kill dazza. If you think there can't be that many cops then he must be lying.

Vote Gilligan

i believe you're allready hammered like gilli said, and besides, there's 2 cops DEAD already, it's like a not even 1% chance that you are actually a cop and i think we can safely take that gamble.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Day 4 - Final Vote Count

BGtheBrain -
dazza2008 -
Gilligan -
Iron Butterfly -
strike wolf -
(5, LYNCH) soundman - dazza2008, zimmah, strike wolf, Iron Butterfly, BGtheBrain
Victor Sullivan -
zimmah -

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to Lynch or No Lynch.

Scene shortly
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 pm

The colorful townspeople gathered in the town square to discuss their suspects again. They decided it was time for a mass claim. Soundman claimed Cop. See here's my badge and hand cuffs, I am a cop! They weren't buying it. There are too many cops, you can't be a cop as well! They gathered around soundman, and hung him from a tree.

SOUNDMAN - TOWN NAIVE COP - HAS BEEN LYNCHED!

The town went back home to sleep shaking their head as they try to figure this whole thing out. Who is lying?

IT IS NOW NIGHT4! DEADLINE FOR NIGHT ACTIONS IS TUESDAY, JANUARY 24, AT 4PM EST.

Please remain silent.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 pm

The villagers woke up again, but they didn't get much sleep. As the days go by, each townie got more and more scared that they would be the next victim. The drug their feet to the town square and found another body.

BGTHEBRAIN - TOWN NAIVE VIGILANTE - HAS BEEN KILLED. He was riddled with bullets at close range.

They looked around in disgust. Everything looked faded. Actually, it was getting worse by the minute... Slowly everything around them from the water to the clouds began to fade of color. They became darker and darker like a vacuum was sucking the life out of everything..... Then everything went black...

Victor Sullivan - TOWN MASON LEADER - HAS BEEN ENDGAMED.
Zimmah - TOWN MASON - HAS BEEN ENDGAMED.
Victor Sullivan - TOWN MASON LEADER - HAS BEEN ENDGAMED.

CONGRATULATIONS MAFIA!! YOU WIN! =D>

Dazza2008 - Mafia Goon
Iron Butterfly - Mafia Roleblocker
Gilligan - Mafia Godfather

Dead for the greater cause
Spiesr - Mafia Goon
Corporal MoB Deadly

Re: Interesting Mafia! [7/13] - Night 4 - Oh No! It's the Co

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Setup:

Cop
Naive Cop
Naive Cop

Doctor
Naive Doctor

Vigilante (2 shots)
Naive Vigilante

Mason Leader (Can recruit Naives, no death on trying to recruit mafia)
Mason

Godfather (immune to detecion)
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Roleblocker

Notes:
This game certainly did not play out as I expected. I expected a counter claim first day, from almost every scenario except a mason or mafia claim. If Cop claim, I thought chaos would ensue, and I expected a mislynch or 2. If Doc claim, definitely expected a mislynch and possibly vigi kill. If vigi claim, I expected the 2-shot part make it reputable and maybe go for a no lynch, but the mafia would not know who to kill.

Vigi did not shoot once, which was kind of unexpected. I really thought strike was going to shoot dazza at some point.

The Masons got a tough break this game and didnt get a single successful recruit. Their role PM stated they could recruit "powerless townies", it did not say VTs. They had pretty good odds, statistically, to get someone naive randomly, then I think it would of all "clicked", but it never happened :(. A mix of good recruits and failed recruits could in essence almost turn them into another cop, since they know they are either power role or mafia. I expected them to get one of the naive cops, I thought they would announce I think I am naive, and the masons try to recruit them, but it just didnt work out.

BG was right again, you've got a good nose for the mafia, I dunno how you do it so well. However, you were right for the wrong reasons (except for the fake claim). You were indeed naive (I thought that would cross your mind but it didn't), and the GF was not bulletproof in this game so don't always assume it is 8-) :lol:

----
Mafia were not given any fake claims.

Dazza played the town really well with his fake claim.
I was really surprised with spiesr's claim, I really liked it but it was a little ridiculous.

Gilligan submarined pretty well ;)
---

This game was okay but not great in my opinion. If I could redo it I would make a mafia goon into another town role. The mafia won too easily despite 2 really early claims. The town were too confused to guess the setup. I believe if they had all day today to debate, I think they could have figured most of it out. especially with IB and Gilligans fake claims. I think I was nervous about the Masons would get too strong had their recruits been successful. Maybe keep the same amount of mafia, but hint better to the masons they should be looking for powerless townies but not necessarily VTs

What did you guys think about the whole thing?

show: Role PMs

show: Night 1 Actions

show: Night 2 Actions

show: Night 3 Actions

show: Night 4 Actions
Corporal MoB Deadly

Re: Interesting Mafia! GAME OVER ~ MAFIA WINS ~

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:57 pm

It was an easy win for us but it could have been so different if the masons chose other people I guess.

I hated that spiesr made a case and made me claim so early. Sort of helped in the end though :lol:

Good game all.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:03 pm

dazza2008 wrote:It was an easy win for us but it could have been so different if the masons chose other people I guess.

I hated that spiesr made a case and made me claim so early. Sort of helped in the end though :lol:

Good game all.

And Gilligan brought you to L-1 before deadline :lol: :lol:
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Also notable: Andy did well with his softclaim, but at that point the masons thought he was scummy due to a failed recruit.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby dazza2008 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:
dazza2008 wrote:It was an easy win for us but it could have been so different if the masons chose other people I guess.

Good game all.

And Gilligan brought you to L-1 before deadline :lol: :lol:

Yeah i thanked him for that on night 1 :roll:
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:13 pm

A few things.

Luck plays a big factor. We were ecstatic when our first night kill was Edocil and he turned out to be town dr. That just set Hippo up for the lynch due to his claim.

We thought we struck gold when we realized we blocked (or so we thought) Brain. I can see only imagine what Wolf Strike was thinking and how he figured it out.

The turning point of the game, at least in my eyes, was not following through on Dazza. I really beleived we were sunk and the noose was slowly tightening.

Sully and Zimmah were on one side and Wolf and Brain on the other. I really beleived the mass claim would do us in.
Not fully understanding who could be mason recruited didnt hurt as well.

When Soundman claimed cop and Zimmah jumped on him I was like YES!!! Thank you Zimmah,

Finally what really did in the Town was people claiming to early. We were able to pick you off because you kept telling us who you were.

GG everyone.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:We thought we struck gold when we realized we blocked (or so we thought) Brain. I can see only imagine what Wolf Strike was thinking and how he figured it out.

OH! A note on that. Another giveaway was that if BG was roleblocked, he wouldn't of lost a bullet.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree that the biggest mistake the town made was not lynching Dazza the last Day. Soundman kind of screwed the town over when he claimed for no reason and did a really bad job of explaining the situation. Accordingly, his is posthumously awarded "Hero of the Mafia." At that point it was nail-bitingly close for the mafia. If they can just not be the one lynched today and avoid being Vig killed that night they win. However, if Dazza got lynched like he by all rights should have then the mafia would surely have lost. Victor would have been able to check out the remaining scum and disprove their vanilla claims leading to Gilligan and IronButterfly being the Day 5 and 6 lynches. (Or getting Vigged) Thanks to Victor and Zimmah swapping claims the scum couldn't even have killed him to stop him until it was too late. In his last post I could see the frustration in Victor as the town fumbled what should have been an easy lynch setting up the game winning drive.

Overall,I think the town got kind of screwed over by the game setup. Day 1 went No Lynch, Day 2 was a mislynch due to setup, Day 3 was a correct lynch thanks to an investigation, Day 4 was another mislynch due to the setup. Only two townies were lynched, and both of those were due the setup.

Regarding my fake-claim, yeah I agree it was kind of silly. The way Zimmah approached me led me to believe that he had tracked me to Leehar's. So, I scrambled to come up with some sort of claim that would give me a reason to be there and to not have my supposed actions be able to be disproven. I think that if Andy hadn't had the investigation on me that I would have had at least even odds of making it through the Day.
Captain spiesr

Postby edocsil on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Shit settup is shit.

1. edocsil - Town Doctor - Killed Night 1
2. thehippo8 - Town Naive Doctor - Lynched Day 2
3. Leehar - Town Naive Cop - Killed Night 2
4. spiesr - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 3
5. AndyDufresne - Town Cop - Killed Night 3
6. soundman - Town Naive Cop - Lynched Day 4
7. BGtheBrain - Town Naive Vigilante - Killed Night 4

8. Victor Sullivan - Town Mason Leader - Endgamed.
9. zimmah - Town Mason - Endgamed.
10. Strike Wolf - Town Vigilante - Endgamed.

3 cops in a 13 man game is fucking retarded. Especially 2 naive cops. Then naive docs as well? f*ck, town was never going to win here.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives