Conquer Club

Get Rich from the Bank [5/12] Town Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Get Rich from the Bank [6/12] [Day 3]

Postby Sundog308 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 am

Yeah, the timing sucks. But I actually was going to come out with that info on Thursday night. I had put together the post, and then somehow it didn't get on here. (Was being told I had to be in bed in the next two minutes by the wife if I wanted anything interesting to happen...) The next morning I got on to look for responses and saw that it didn't post.
Lieutenant Sundog308

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Here is my reasoning on our current situation:

We started out with 12 players; from what I understand about game balance, we should have had 3 mafia players and possibly 1 3rd party player. Of the original players (leaving aside Leehar for the moment), we have 2 Mafia dead (Rodion and Jonty) and 1 3rd party dead (pcm), so we have one Mafia player left.

Riddle me this, Batman: of the remaining original players, who is most likely the Mafia player?

IB - no, because of the Rodion escapade. Although it could have been staged, it just seems too unlikely.
MoB - ?
Leitz - no, because if he was Mafia, he would not kill a fellow Mafia player. Could Jonty have been poisoned, and Leitz took advantage of it to prove he was town? I suppose, but since we have two night kills, neither of them via poison, that's too many killers. Could my "reflecting" of Leitz mean that Jonty tried to kill Leitz, and ended up killing himself because of the reflection? Again possible, but Leitz did not know about my role when he explained his role, so I don't see how Leitz would be lying here.
sundog - ? - however well intentioned his lie might have been, "town does not lie".

As for Leehar, I don't know what to think about his claim - I could easily see him being Mafia, because a Mafia player was mod killed, not killed in the natural course of the game; why not balance out the mod kill with bringing back someone with the same alignment? That doesn't address the original role assignments, though, so I think we still have one Mafia player to discover from among the original players.

I believe that either MoB or sundog is Mafia, and I believe we should lynch one or the other before the deadline. If we lynch the Mafia player, then I would think that's the game, unless Leehar came back as Mafia, not third party. If we lynch the wrong player (the truthful town player), then unless some new information surfaced, I'd be pretty sure that of the two, the player we did not lynch was the Mafia player.
Major catnipdreams

Postby Leehar on Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:36 pm

I think we just need to wait for MoB to claim before choosing between him and sundog?
But originally we were choosing between leitz and sundog, so it makes best sense to take out the common denominator then?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm

There is a reason they say lynch all liars. If he is town he certainly learned nothing from the fiaso Zimmah created. In my eyes there is no way he is town at this point.

He specificly states that the reason he lied was to role fish for power roles. Town does not do that. That is a tactic Mafia uses.

He had a chance to come clean when Mob caught him in a lie.

More importantly I beleive he had to recognize that he boxed himself in with his false claim. We were basing our endgame scenarios on him using his ability, which he obviously couldnt do.

I find it very interesting that throughout the game he is doing exactly what Rodian did, keeping his vote and argument on me, when the focus should have been on him.

The good news is that all we can do is lynch one person. Sundogs record should speak for itself. He lied. He lied in a big way claiming he did it to role fish...end of story.

If we lynch and he turns town and we go into evening. Cat and hopefully Lietz, can protect each other. Mob says hes bullet proof.
That would leave Myself and Deuce as viable targets. Both of us are expendable.

At this point all we can do is vote who we think is lieing and hope there is only one killer tonight.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:19 pm

I have to leave in 15 minutes dont have much time to post. But its obvious again that both Sundog and Leitz are scum. Here is my resume:

Zimmah (town) fake claimed power role - I called him on it and instantly wanted to lynch him. He was lying. Ended the day with Rodion is most likely scum.
Would have voted for Rodion all day next day if he wasn't mod killed.

Sundog also lies and fakeclaims. - I call him on it right away as well. He eventually admits to it EVEN THOUGH WE SPENT TONS OF TIME TALKING THE NEXT DAY ON HOW STUPID ZIMMAH WAS FOR LYING ABOUT HIS ROLE.

Leitz, again am sure is lying as well. WHAT TOWN ROLE KILLS WITH A KNIFE?? NEVER HAVE I SEEN IT. AND ON TOP OF IT, he continues to vote me over and over. even though I was completely right about Sundog lying. The only reason I am second guessing myself is because another 3rd party killer seems completely unreasonable in a small game like this.

unvote vote sundog

Sundog is mafia. If hes not Town killed themselves by fakeclaiming stupid ass roles, perfect example why you shouldn't lie as town, its not worth it.

Leits - probably anti town but I dont know for sure.

IB - 100% town or im never playing mafia again :lol:

Catnip - 70% town.

Leehar - I have to review your claim Im not sure. but eitehr way, you cant be dealt with until tomorrow
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:35 pm

More on Leitz... His vote patterns I guess are what really makes me think he is anti town as well. Again hes voting WITH sundog, who was at the top of our lists as mafia, proven liar. and he votes WITH the guy and votes me. And he calls IB a third party who I whole-heartedly believe is town.

Leitz wrote:I believe the non-town aligned players are: IB 3rd party, MoB mafia. My vote already stands on MoB (page 30).

He just continues to vote me, even though I spent all my effort all day trying to get these claims together, unfog the game, and make a gameplan to get scum.

This combined with killing with a knife really does make it seem like hes lying.

=

The only thing thats tripping me out is the game balance, but I have heard to "not play as the mod, but try to play the game" If I did that, I am sure Leitz is lying.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Like I called out Sundog that his claim was fake from the beginning. Sundog admits it, and Leitz gives me no credit for figuring that out, and says sundog is right and votes me? I dont understand the logic thats all. How am I the mafia by trying to call players out on lies.
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm

We can only vote one person.

If lietz is 3rd/party AND Sundog is 3rd party AND Leehar has a winning condition of living till the end, which is pretty much his claim, we can only hope for one thing. Cat and Keehar vote to lynch Sundog.

My vote is NOT going to change. If Lietz is not a third party/Mafia he will vote with us. If Lietz and SD are lillers they will keep the vote split and try and go for a no-lynch.

Then it becomes the Ok Corral at night. LOL you have 3 possible night killers, we know there is definatley one.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Leitz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm

First of all my apologies to MoB for my vote on him. Unvote. I read Sundogs post while in a hurry and with not much time available to think. It seemed like valid reasons at the time but reviewing it, it does all seem off. Yes, I admit at mostly aiming my focus at you but that was when Sundog still has his so called day lynch ability. You won't be bothered by me again!

I am what I claimed and so I have towns best interest at heart. I've always believed there was 1 mafia player left. If Sundog turns scum this is a town win: vote Sundog
My tournament series: Leitz League of Legendary (LLL)
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Thats 3 for Sundog

We just need Cat or Leehar
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

lol...Leehar voted Sundog but not in bold red, which is what we need to make it officicial.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I am willing to vote sudog, but before I do, and we get thrown into night, I want to make it very clear to Leitz that I am exactly what I claim to be, so if he is deciding whether to protect me, or not, based on whether he feels I am 100% town, or not, he will know that I am town. I deliberately added clues to two of my posts, using the terms "reflected" and "reflecting", followed by the name of the player I targeted that night:

--------- page 20
I had previously reflected on the possibility that Rodion was town, and could be very useful to the town, and was pleased that he survived the night; now, I'm edging towards a growing suspicion that Rodion is not town... FOS Rodion

--------- page 25
Reflecting on the argument that Leitz was cleared just before night 2 began:

My hope was that if I was killed during the night, town would pick up on these clues once my role was revealed, and that the information would be helpful to town.

Unless something really odd happens between now and the start of night, I will be targeting Leitz tonight with "reflection"; does anyone think I should protect someone else?
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Your the only person who could be who you say you are. So there is no need to convince others of your role. After you play a few games youll understand what i mean. *grin*

If he really is a baddie, he will say he will cover you and if he is really who he says, he will cover you. So it does not matter either way what he says to you except perhaps to your peace of mind.

Just vote.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby skillfusniper33 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Remember votes must be in bold and reg (i.e. Unvote, Vote Skill)

Vote Count.
Sumdof (3) - IB, Leitz, Mob L-1
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm

catnipdreams wrote:I am “Account Manager” Town Mirror. When I target someone at night, all actions directed at the person I target are reflected back to the senders of those actions. I targeted Rodion on night one, and Leitz on night two.

That is why I wanted to understand about the weapons used - did Leitz indeed make a kill, or, was an attempt made on him that was reflected back on the initiator? I can not use my role to protect myself, so I assume I will be killed tonight, unless Leitz is telling the truth, and opts to protect me tonight. I can of course protect him tonight as well, or someone else.

Catnip I'm rereading your role. If Sundog flip scum we can be pretty sure that was the last mafia member and we may have a third party.

If Sundog is Scum
I think you should reflect on yourself if you can. Im not so sure if you can though you would have to ask the mod. You could also reflect me or IB, all up to you.

If Sundog is NOT scum - then theres still a mafia left.
Whatever you do, dont use it on me. Because mafia cant shoot me at night anyway.

Either way, try to keep them guessing who you will reflect, maybe you will be lucky and mafia will shoot themselves
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Leitz wrote:First of all my apologies to MoB for my vote on him. Unvote. I read Sundogs post while in a hurry and with not much time available to think. It seemed like valid reasons at the time but reviewing it, it does all seem off. Yes, I admit at mostly aiming my focus at you but that was when Sundog still has his so called day lynch ability. You won't be bothered by me again!

I am what I claimed and so I have towns best interest at heart. I've always believed there was 1 mafia player left. If Sundog turns scum this is a town win: vote Sundog

Apology accepted :D . However even after our mass claim, someone still targeted PCM on Night 1 and we have no idea who. I STILL think its you buddy, but only time will tell ;)
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Leitz on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 am

I wish I could quote the PM I got from Sniper to prove to you (and the rest) my loyalty to town. As of right now the best we can do is lynch Sundog and see what the scene will be. If he is mafia like we all think he is, this game should be over and a town win.
My tournament series: Leitz League of Legendary (LLL)
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby Leehar on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am

meh, going to full post just to add colour is a pain!
Vote Sundog
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby catnipdreams on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:29 am

ok, looks like everyone has said what they want to say before night, if we go to night; let's see what's what!

unvote vote sundog
Major catnipdreams

Postby Leehar on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:07 pm

catnipdreams wrote:ok, looks like everyone has said what they want to say before night, if we go to night; let's see what's what!

unvote vote sundog

I already hammered ;) Tho it sucks because I was actually first to vote :(
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:56 pm

I know it can be a pain leehar, just memorize the color code for red, since it is the main color used in voting :lol:

Vote Count:
Sundog (5) - Ib, Mob, Leitz, Leehar, Catnip - Lynch

Scene coming shortly
Major skillfusniper33

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm

With many thoughts and claims coming out in the day, their was one that stood out to all. "Suicidal Hero" with the ability to kill one person and then be killed. But this also brought up the part of trying to figure out who they should use this ability on. The bickering continued until many figured that it was a lie since sundog wouldn't use his powers. But soon after he realized he was in trouble he came out with his "true" role "Millionaire Butterworth" Vanilla Townie.

But everyone spoke in unison of lynch all liars.

Sundog308 “Master Mind” Mafia God Father has been lynched.

Town Win, and Escape from the bank.
Major skillfusniper33

Re: Get Rich from the Bank [5/12] Town Wins!

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:15 pm

All the Role and night actions

show: Roles

show: Random order of roles and players

show: PMs to each person

show: Night Actions

A few side notes after this has been played out.
I thought mafia was a little overpowered.
Sorry about some of the confusion when writing a few of the scenes.
Any criticism is welcome for any future games.
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Sundog308 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Scumbuckets, I claimed just a little too much power... Good game all, it was a great learning experience for me, and I'm sure this game was quite unique in many aspects. Honestly though, I'm kinda glad it was over because I didn't realize the time commitment it would require!

Not sure who I would vote as player of the game, but I think Leitz should get a vote as "King of Punctuation"!
Lieutenant Sundog308

Postby Leehar on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

lol, awesome, and I guess thats an option skull, but typing [b] is just so much easier than the many numbers that [000f] or whatever red has ')
show
Colonel Leehar

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives