Conquer Club

Get Rich from the Bank [5/12] Town Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Get Rich from the Bank [6/12] [Day 3]

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:17 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:sure we can, the game doesnt go to night since sundog used his ability. Me and catnip could lynch leitz

Two people died. Lietz killed one of them. If sundog uses his ability on me and we both turn innocent out of Lietz, Cat and your self , who would you expect the second killer to be?

Exactly. What I am trying to say is that someone is obviously lying. Well 2 people. Out of you 3, I am obviously 100% sure one of you (if not 2) are lying. If only one of you are lying then Catnip is lying. But I believe her, I believe she is too new to come up with a fake claim like that.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Leehar on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:36 am

If IB and Cat aren't lying for the reasons you suggested, then who is? Has it always been between sundog and lietz? Why aren't you a suspect MoB?

Btw, do I still need to claim? I can, but nothing useful is likely to come from it since I haven't actually been able to do anything, and don't know what deuce may have done earlier so don't really have too much info to give
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Sundog308 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:27 am

Dangit! I got on this morning to see responses to my post from last night... and there was no post from last night! Sorry guys, I had a gamechange of a post and it looks like I forgot to submit it. I've got four minutes before I have to clock in for work today, so if y'all want to hold off for about 24 hours that would be great. I'll get in here and try to repost from memory, and I think IB had said he may be out until tomorrow as well. SORRY!
Lieutenant Sundog308

Postby Leitz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 am

IB, I still have a role block + doc ability, are you really going to let Sundog shoot me and lose those abilities? You were keen to put yourself on the block for town, but now you seem to be retracting. Why let Sundog lynch a JOAT over a VT?? There is no way this game has a serial killer. I guarantee you guys I'm town aligned!
My tournament series: Leitz League of Legendary (LLL)
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 am

Leehar wrote:Btw, do I still need to claim? I can, but nothing useful is likely to come from it since I haven't actually been able to do anything, and don't know what deuce may have done earlier so don't really have too much info to give

Unless you have a strong reason not to claim, you might as well, so we have everyone's claims totally out on the table to consider. And perhaps the mod would tell you what deuce did earlier if you asked? Seems kind of reasonable for you to be told...
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 am

Leitz wrote:IB, I still have a role block + doc ability, are you really going to let Sundog shoot me and lose those abilities? You were keen to put yourself on the block for town, but now you seem to be retracting. Why let Sundog lynch a JOAT over a VT?? There is no way this game has a serial killer. I guarantee you guys I'm town aligned!

I was keen to put myself first on the lynch for the simple reason I never considered you might be lieing. My scenario of Sundog killing me was based on 1 killer. As I have said several times the probobility is high that you are town but the possibility is still there that you are not.

if Sundog is not lieing and is able to kill you it will be game over anyway as Mob would be the killer. It is simple process of elimination. I explained the logic of it several times in past posts.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Leitz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Seems like there is no way of convincing you I'm town, so let sundog lynch me and you'll see for yourself!
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Leitz wrote:Seems like there is no way of convincing you I'm town, so let sundog lynch me and you'll see for yourself!

Um, how about NOT doing that?! I would like to survive the night if I can....
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:48 pm

catnipdreams wrote:
Leitz wrote:Seems like there is no way of convincing you I'm town, so let sundog lynch me and you'll see for yourself!

Um, how about NOT doing that?! I would like to survive the night if I can....

Cat we are trying to do this so we dont have to do night.

If you have a way to play this out I am all ears. Frankly I feel like a broken record and everyone seems to be spinning their wheels for one reason or another. There comes a point where we need to take action.

What exactly do you not understand? What exactly do you think we should do?

We either vote on someone, which would be silly unless we know someone is 100% lieing.
We have Sundog use his ability. If he doesnt he is lieing.
We simply vote someone at random? I dont think so.

The only two canidates that Sundog should target is Lietz or Myself.

Please tell me what you would like to see done and why.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:What exactly do you not understand? What exactly do you think we should do?

1. I want to hear more from Leehar. If he is town, he will want town to win, and should be helping us.

2. I am convinced IB is not mafia, but I am not convinced that IB is town. I don't know all the different 3rd party win conditions; perhaps someone with more experience could comment on whether there is any reasonable chance that IB wants to be day killed because that is his win condition?

3. There is no rush to do this; it's not that I want to do something different, per se, it's that I don't feel everyone has fully contributed to the discussion.
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 pm

catnipdreams wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:What exactly do you not understand? What exactly do you think we should do?

1. I want to hear more from Leehar. If he is town, he will want town to win, and should be helping us.

2. I am convinced IB is not mafia, but I am not convinced that IB is town. I don't know all the different 3rd party win conditions; perhaps someone with more experience could comment on whether there is any reasonable chance that IB wants to be day killed because that is his win condition?

3. There is no rush to do this; it's not that I want to do something different, per se, it's that I don't feel everyone has fully contributed to the discussion.

You can "What if" till eternity. We have tools at our disposal.

If you did know all the third party win conditions what would you do with them? Read them all and then be scared to make a choice because you couldnt decide wich third party I might be?

There are only a finite set of actions we as a group can take. If YOU want to contribute to the win why dont you try and put it together for us. Everyone has claimed. One of us is definatley lieing. Another might be. Use the information the others players have provided.

This is not einy meany miney mo.

How do you think I knew you and Liestz were most likely comprised of Doc/protective role and the other most likely responsible for one of the night kills?

You think I guessed?

We have a player who has an ability or so he says that can enhance our process of elimination. Start using your head. We have enough information to fill in the blanks.

Read my posts from several pages back. I am not guessing at who is who. Its common sense.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Leehar did not actually claim.

Why are you so impatient?
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:33 pm

catnipdreams wrote:Leehar did not actually claim.

Frustration is the proper word.

And what would he say? He made several statements so far and we still havnt learned anything. What I do know is that he didnt kill anyone. I beleive he is either VT and has some post restriction or he is still a survivor.

He will however be very important if we need to vote. That is what I care about.

Now I have answered your questions.

Id like you to answer mine.
How did I know you and Lietz were Doc and the other had the ability to night kill? Lets start with that.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Leehar on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 am

catnipdreams wrote:Leehar did not actually claim.

I resurrected into Pcm's role, but my win condition stayed the same, and since I haven't done anything the previous nights (or at least I don't think Lietz did), there's not really much I can still do
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby catnipdreams on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Leehar wrote:I resurrected into Pcm's role, but my win condition stayed the same, and since I haven't done anything the previous nights (or at least I don't think Lietz did), there's not really much I can still do

So, Leehar is a 3rd party poisoner?
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:03 pm

catnipdreams wrote:
Leehar wrote:I resurrected into Pcm's role, but my win condition stayed the same, and since I haven't done anything the previous nights (or at least I don't think Lietz did), there's not really much I can still do

So, Leehar is a 3rd party poisoner?

If you had the win conditions as stated would you say so?

I really bekeive he has some sort of post restriction. He is only allowed to speak in a certian way when discussing the game or his role.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby catnipdreams on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:25 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:I really bekeive he has some sort of post restriction. He is only allowed to speak in a certian way when discussing the game or his role.

Huh, well, perhaps this will help clarify things:

Leehar, do you have a post restriction?

Leehar, if you did have a post restriction, would you be allowed to tell us that you have a post restriction?
Major catnipdreams

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:41 am

catnipdreams wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:I really bekeive he has some sort of post restriction. He is only allowed to speak in a certian way when discussing the game or his role.

Huh, well, perhaps this will help clarify things:

Leehar, do you have a post restriction?

Leehar, if you did have a post restriction, would you be allowed to tell us that you have a post restriction?

LOL They cant tell you such things if true
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Leehar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 am

Lol, no I don't, I'm just probably talking weirdly because I'm just trying to mix up my play style a bit and try get some benefit out of this game where I have a pretty much un-useful role right now, and can't really lend much to the discussion not having been here for the last 3 game days.

But anyway, I do remember some guy being mod-killed in another game and the reason was that he explicitly stated his win condition, which is what I was trying to avoid, but I still tried to slip in town-tell's I think they're called? Only blue affiliations etc

I actually think I'm just here to beef up the numbers so that the game can't be endgamed quickly, so I'm really of the opinion we should just go with the lynch or day-kill (sundogs pr?) to move it on if we're kinda still stalemated right now?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Actually a third party posoner is not that bad especilly if he is a survivor.

His poison would not take effect until the following evening and by then we should be done.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Leehar on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:19 pm

yeah, thats why I'm saying that from this point forward I can't really do much, just here to beef up the numbers?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby skillfusniper33 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Gonna establish a deadline since you guy's just seem to be stalling.

Wednesday February 8th at 11:00 PM PST.

Vote Count
Mob (1) - Sundog
Sundog (1) - IB

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Sundog308 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:08 am

Okay, sorry for the LOOONG delay in any kind of intelligent action from myself. It has not been the weekend I expected it to be.

First things first.

Without further ado, and so we can get our discussion of a lynch based upon the most solid information possible, I'm going to remove one question from the puzzle: I do not have a power role. My claim of "Suicidal Hero" is fake.

I was fishing to see what other power roles were out there, and I figured that if I came out with a power role, it might make the other killing roles a little more willing to speak. It seemed to me that to do an early VT claim would immediately paint me as mafia. IB claimed early and has seemed iffy ever since. After a little research I came up with the role I claimed, which had both power to it, and the fact that it had not taken any effect on the game yet. Yes Mob was onto it from the beginning, but at least he was on it from the claim itself, not just from the position of the quotation marks, which is Leitz argument. (Sidebar, I did find some legitimate discussion on my role, I'll have to track it down again and repost it so you guys can see I at least made an honest attempt)

My actual role: "Millionaire Butterworth" Vanilla Townie
I am a bank customer who happened to be doing business at the wrong time and got caught up in this whole mess.

So that was my motive. As to my consequence, I leave that in your guys hands. When I've been posting I've made my views pretty evident and haven't gone back and forth on them. If you hang me for lying, so be it. At least you'll only lose a VT, and not a town power role. However, you can't really hang me for my views as they have stayed the same.

I've only been able to skim over the last four pages or so, but it looks like things are still much as they were. IB, Leitz and Mob are leading the arguments on several different fronts, and are all commanding varying levels of suspicion. At this point, with Skill putting in the deadline, I am going to unvote Mob Deadly. I still have my suspicions, but will do some more reading between now and the deadline in order to make an intelligent vote based on any new info that may, or may not, comeout.
Lieutenant Sundog308

Postby Leitz on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:11 am

Interesting Sundog! Your reasons seem legit and I'm tend to believe you really are a VT. Although your timing, straight after the deadline was set does strike some suspicion.

Sniper, I understand you'd like to get this day over with. But a deadline only a few days after you mention it does seem a little fast, no? We barely have two days now to vote and lynch somebody. Nothing we can do I guess, so I'll vote too. I've always mentioned I never trusted MoB: Unvote, vote MoB
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby Leehar on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 am

I'm still not very enthused with sundog tho. His role seems too pat, and I'm thinking that it's probably actually more along the line of a fakeclaim given by Skull from the beginning?
And so I'll stick with the standard of "Lynch all Liars"
so Vote Sundog

Also, you're not voting 'too' leitz, since Sun actually unvoted...
show
Colonel Leehar

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives