Conquer Club

Get Rich from the Bank [5/12] Town Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Get Rich from the Bank [5/12] Town Wins!

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

WOW...now thats anti-climatic. All that emotional energy and BOOM done.

Some thoughts.

Modding

1)You need to take control. The game was almost ruined because the players where dictating what they could and could not do.
Know the rules your playing by.

2) You need to make things less ambiguous when doing scenes. For example lietz killing with a knife really threw a wrench in our game strategy. A lot of bickering was due to interpretation of what was meant. Punctuation and spelling errors make things difficult.

3)The Rodion mod kill came about because of interpretation of rule 4. I think this is my 7th or 6th game. Rodion most certianly crossed the line as far as game ettiquitte is concerned but in retrospect Im not sure it is a mod kill offense. I asked for a ruling assuming it was a mod kill offense. So many grey areas were crossed. the simple fact is that this goes back to taking control.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

Hindsight is 20/20 and what is done is done. In the future you as a mod need to know what to do in a situation such as that. It was a learning experience for me because I want to mod as well.

Game balance.

WoW. The paranoia factor was extremly high in this one. As Town we had some luck by nailing the poisoner first night.
Town also was handicapped having Eagleblade. Our cop lieing didnt help either.

In looking back, what we thought could happen was greater then what was revealed. I would not give the poisoner a chance to revive but that is just me. With the Mafia losing Rodion that really hurt their chances. I would think you could tone down by making the poisoner solo or just using 3 mafia.

Thanks for an interesting game. Im drained.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Wow. so Leitz really killed with a knife???? thats very surprising! Thats very misleading Sniper!

Fastposted. I agree with IB, as for the modkilling of Rodion, he said he was going to talk to other mods. I hope he certainly did this, if he did I respect their decision, but not necessarily agree with it 100%
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby catnipdreams on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Yay! Town won! A very interesting introduction to mafia games for me; yep, not going to forget this one... :lol:

A big =D> THANK YOU =D> to our mod; somehow I doubt he will forget this game either...

And thank you, fellow players, for the, well, "roller coaster thrill ride" comes to mind...
Major catnipdreams

Postby Leehar on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:35 pm

how do you bring a gun to a bank, even if ex-cia?
A knife would definitely be easier, and it makes sense that an agent would be able to do things with it even with a garden variety version
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby skillfusniper33 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm

MoB Deadly wrote:Wow. so Leitz really killed with a knife???? thats very surprising! Thats very misleading Sniper!

Fastposted. I agree with IB, as for the modkilling of Rodion, he said he was going to talk to other mods. I hope he certainly did this, if he did I respect their decision, but not necessarily agree with it 100%

Yes I did talk with other mod's who were way more experienced than I. I also got the same response from everyone.

Also throwing a twist or 2 with the scenes I don't like to play it standard, and in my opinion makes things a little more difficult, and not quite so predictable with the roles.

Also IB I have never seen a person mod-killed before this game was underway. And I was still a little confused about a few little things could make a mod-kill.

Yes this was diffidently a learning experience for me.

I hope everyone had a good time playing, even though it was a little hectic, and confusing.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Leitz on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Fantastic result! Good game everybody & sniper well done on your first time modding! It really was a roller coaster game, but in the end it was very educative and it always managed to keep me excited about what will happen next. GO TOWN!

@ MoB, never be 100% sure, this game proves you wrong about the knife kill :)
My tournament series: Leitz League of Legendary (LLL)
Sergeant 1st Class Leitz

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Very true - I nailed the other 2 fake claims though. I was happy with my performance when I was able to be more active. I was so worried that I was going to get lynched. Bulletproof townie is a textbook Godfather Claim
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:10 am

W00t! Go Townies! :D
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby jonty125 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 am

Everything was going so well *Grrr*

The whole knife thing was a pile of ****. Anyone can kill with knives, townies, 3rd party or mafia (seen them all use it) so as a note to skill feel free to use 'em.

Well modded
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:55 pm

The hardest part of the game is suspecting the truth but no one beleiving, while mafia demonizes.

I had Rodion, Zimma amd You pegged as mafia. You had made some posts on me that screamed you were one of the bad guys. LOL of course by that time everyone was ignoring you. Lietz targeting you was a weight off the shoulders.

I would really be interested to see how this game would play out with others playing.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby catnipdreams on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I would really be interested to see how this game would play out with others playing.

Well, the day 1 lynch would likely be a different player!

IB, you said you would discuss your agreeing to come back as yourself after the game finished; if, and only if, you care to talk about that now, I'd like to know...
Major catnipdreams

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:00 pm

He liked the excitement? Couldn't stay away? ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Leehar wrote:He liked the excitement? Couldn't stay away? ;)

Part of the reason

I fully expected to be killed and not replaced. I also did not expect Rodion to be mod killed. When I quit was very impulsive and angry at what Rodion had done.

When I saw he was looking for a replacement for me I was like...all this drama. I aske him if I could continue after I cooled off and he said ye.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Sundog308 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

IB, when it was announced that you would be rejoining the game I was pretty annoyed (and not because I felt you were most likely to get me killed!). After walking away from it because of all the drama, and after Rodion's mod-kill, I personally feel you shouldn't have been allowed to continue. However, I did enjoy the way you finished the game, so wanted to let you know that you've turned my opinion around on you and I wouldn't mind playing with you again whenever I get back around to this.

Also, I think Skill did a good job managing this game with all it's craziness! I don't really have an opinion on the mod kill becuase I don't really know the rules well enough to judge anyone, but it definitely made for a huge swing in power.
Lieutenant Sundog308

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Sundog308 wrote:IB, when it was announced that you would be rejoining the game I was pretty annoyed (and not because I felt you were most likely to get me killed!). After walking away from it because of all the drama, and after Rodion's mod-kill, I personally feel you shouldn't have been allowed to continue. However, I did enjoy the way you finished the game, so wanted to let you know that you've turned my opinion around on you and I wouldn't mind playing with you again whenever I get back around to this.

Also, I think Skill did a good job managing this game with all it's craziness! I don't really have an opinion on the mod kill becuase I don't really know the rules well enough to judge anyone, but it definitely made for a huge swing in power.

You know somthing...I agree with you. I was frankly very surprised he let me continue. I almost didnt ask...but I thought I had invested so much energy and it would have wacked the game up waiting for a replacement, that I felt it wouldnt hurt to ask.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives