Conquer Club

[D2D] Attack of the Heat Miser [To the Archives!]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[D2D] Attack of the Heat Miser [To the Archives!]

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:00 pm

"I'm Mister Green Christmas
    I'm Mister Sun
    I'm Mister Heat Blister
    I'm Mister Hundred and One
    They call me Heat Miser,
    What ever I touch
    Starts to melt in my clutch
    I'm too much!"
The Heat Miser has killed Mother Nature and is out to finish off his brother, too, and he's out to turn Global Warming into Global Scorching, and melt away the North Pole! Will the Heat Miser and his converted recruits seize control, or can the reindeer and their allies restore the balance before Christmas Eve night? They've saved Christmas once before from the hands of a shiny-nosed beast, but can they save Christmas again?

NOTE: This is a "Day to Day [D2D]" mafia, which means 1 RL day = 1 in-game day and 1 RL night = 1 in-game night. Days will roughly last from 06:00 CC Time to 18:00 CC Time and nights CC Time 18:00 to CC Time 06:00 (subject to change before the game officially commences).

-Sully

Players:
    Iron Butterfly
    MoB Deadly
    pancakemix
Last edited by Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: [D2D] Attack of the Heat Miser [0/13]

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Ahhh the child hood memories.

Im in
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:31 pm

OoooOooo speed mafia, Ill play this, Would you project start date before or after christmas
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby pancakemix on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Suuuure
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:42 am

MoB Deadly wrote:OoooOooo speed mafia, Ill play this, Would you project start date before or after christmas

Ideally a good few days before.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
MoB Deadly wrote:OoooOooo speed mafia, Ill play this, Would you project start date before or after christmas

-Sully

Has speed mafia been done on CC before? Does it work or do people just end up not posting/giving night actions? :(
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

Has speed mafia been done on CC before? Does it work or do people just end up not posting/giving night actions? :(

We used to have Real-Time mafia games all the time, of 5-7 players, where we would do it all within an hour or two. They were normally pretty silly games and not taken very seriously but a lot of fun. Haven't been any in a few months though.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Re: [D2D] Attack of the Heat Miser [3/13]

Postby zimmah on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:50 pm

no matter how much i'd lke to play a D2D mafia, i'm not joining a xmass themed one on principle.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:36 pm

zimmah wrote:no matter how much i'd lke to play a D2D mafia, i'm not joining a xmass themed one on principle.

:?: What's wrong with Christmas?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:44 pm

zimmah wrote:no matter how much i'd lke to play a D2D mafia, i'm not joining a xmass themed one on principle.

I'm with Sully on this one. Expound?

Postby zimmah on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

it's often 'advertized' as a cristian celebration while it's in fact not. As a christian i can't rightfully celebrate something that found it's origins in idolatry, false doctrine, patriotism, etc. which includes nearly every commonly accepted celebration.

christmass found it's origins way back in cults celebrating the return of the sun, so it's basically worshipping the sun, but the catholic church made it even worse by adding their flavor to it, and i also never understood the idea of putting a star on top of a tree (the tree stems from the old scandivian people who worshipped the evergreen trees which were quite rare back then in those regions, in old times trees were often worshipped for their longlifety, evergreen trees even moreso, the star refers back to the miraculous star that was created by the devil himself in an attempt to aid in the assassination of just-born Jesus. off course the attempt failed, as god would not allow the devil to mess up his plans. still, it's a bit weird to worship the devils actions as a cristian).
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:47 am

TL;DR (Past the first sentence)

It is not about how the holiday began, but what you choose to celebrate and what that means to you. Cultures evolve over time. At one point it was considered akin to swearing to simply utter the name of God aloud. Have you ever used this word? Do you ever use the term "fag" when you are referring to a cigarette? In the late 15th century, the word "retard" came into use. The only meaning for this word at that time was "delay". While this word still retains its original meaning, have you ever used this word in another sense?

Bottom line, shit changes. How many people do you know today that celebrate Christmas in return of the sun god?

Postby zimmah on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:17 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:TL;DR (Past the first sentence)

It is not about how the holiday began, but what you choose to celebrate and what that means to you. Cultures evolve over time. At one point it was considered akin to swearing to simply utter the name of God aloud. Have you ever used this word? Do you ever use the term "fag" when you are referring to a cigarette? In the late 15th century, the word "retard" came into use. The only meaning for this word at that time was "delay". While this word still retains its original meaning, have you ever used this word in another sense?

Bottom line, shit changes. How many people do you know today that celebrate Christmas in return of the sun god?

it's still polluted with old ceremonies and rites, it's on principle, and besides, i don't miss anything, i can have just as much fun without it. I just hope someone will host a normal-themed D2D once.

besides, a lot of people are still worshipping Maria, Josef, and baby Jesus at christmass, which is also idolatry, as none of them should be worshipped in fact.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:34 pm

In as a reserve. This loooks sooooo coool, but I'm in toooo many mafia games as it is.

-SG7 ( :) ) Merry Christmas!
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:15 pm

zimmah wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

it's often 'advertized' as a cristian celebration while it's in fact not. As a christian i can't rightfully celebrate something that found it's origins in idolatry, false doctrine, patriotism, etc. which includes nearly every commonly accepted celebration.

christmass found it's origins way back in cults celebrating the return of the sun, so it's basically worshipping the sun, but the catholic church made it even worse by adding their flavor to it, and i also never understood the idea of putting a star on top of a tree (the tree stems from the old scandivian people who worshipped the evergreen trees which were quite rare back then in those regions, in old times trees were often worshipped for their longlifety, evergreen trees even moreso, the star refers back to the miraculous star that was created by the devil himself in an attempt to aid in the assassination of just-born Jesus. off course the attempt failed, as god would not allow the devil to mess up his plans. still, it's a bit weird to worship the devils actions as a cristian).

Ah! I believe I had a conversation with VioIet about this very subject before.

The history of Christmas (the holiday, specifically) is the Catholic church wanted to crush the pagan holidays that occurred in December, so they made Christmas on December 25th, to trump the pagan holiday on the same day with a holiday by the dominating Catholic church. Naturally with such a prospect, there was some mixing in traditions, especially given the Catholic church didn't really start any necessarily to go with their new holiday. Your analysis of the pagan traditions are, I believe, quite right. And if I remember correctly, the spherical ornaments to be hung on the trees were supposed to symbolize severed heads, too. Nonetheless, even though a Christian myself, I still put up my Christmas tree, hang ornaments on it, wrap it in garland and light it up. Why? Well, because, despite the Catholic church's many pitfalls over the centuries, they were successful. None of these former pagan traditions represent the things they used to. If someone does these things in worship of the devil or some cult, then sure, that's fucked up, but as far as pretty much everyone is concerned, that's not the case.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 pm

zimmah wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

No offense but you are playing on a site that glorifies war (Gosh war is fun and wholsome to) while at the same time playing a Mafia game that lynches folks. But pagen idolitry is a NO NO?

Im more pissed at the crass commercialization the holiday has become.

Santa is a creation of the Coca Cola company for example.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:16 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:No offense but you are playing on a site that glorifies war (Gosh war is fun and wholsome to) while at the same time playing a Mafia game that lynches folks. But pagen idolitry is a NO NO?

Well, I'm talking about real pagan idolatry, while CC and mafia are games - we're not actually killing people via war, lynching, or murder.

Iron Butterfly wrote:Im more pissed at the crass commercialization the holiday has become.

Yeah... :|

Iron Butterfly wrote:Santa is a creation of the Coca Cola company for example.

False, though Coca-Cola was one of the first corporations to latch onto the concept of Santa Claus.

Anywho, let's keep this thread on-topic.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby zimmah on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:19 pm

well, you guys asked me to explain my reason so i did, no need to agree with my reasons. have fun all.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:No offense but you are playing on a site that glorifies war (Gosh war is fun and wholsome to) while at the same time playing a Mafia game that lynches folks. But pagen idolitry is a NO NO?

Well, I'm talking about real pagan idolatry, while CC and mafia are games - we're not actually killing people via war, lynching, or murder.

Iron Butterfly wrote:Im more pissed at the crass commercialization the holiday has become.

Yeah... :|

Iron Butterfly wrote:Santa is a creation of the Coca Cola company for example.

False, though Coca-Cola was one of the first corporations to latch onto the concept of Santa Claus.

Anywho, let's keep this thread on-topic.

-Sully

Comes across Scummy.

Vote Scully
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Hm, well it's kind of sad this got less support than I had hoped :( So, I must have this binned.

However, I may consider giving a more 'neutral' D2D mafia a try in the future ;)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: [D2D] Attack of the Heat Miser [To the Archives!]

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm

I am really sad about this too, I am sure players just couldn't commit to playing over the holidays. Would you be interested in starting this after January?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:33 pm

I may. I have a few mafia ideas floating around in this ol' brain of mine. It just depends on what order I want to do them in and what my schedule allows, given my hefty volunteer commitments!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Off to the Archives!
Private blakebowling

Postby deuceswild222 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:30 pm

What's going on everyone. I'd like to get in this if possible.
New Recruit deuceswild222

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:34 pm

deuceswild222 wrote:What's going on everyone. I'd like to get in this if possible.

Ahoy there, deuceswild222! If you would like to join a mafia game, check the main mafia forum. This is the Mafia Archives for finished and abandoned games.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Return to Mafia Archives