Conquer Club

Mini-Mafia 2 [5/9] N3 - going quietly into the dark

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia 2 [9/9] Day 1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:10 pm

Har. good thing you had that smiley face at the end
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Har. good thing you had that smiley face at the end

I forgot to add. There is nothing wrong with speculation or theories. Its when theories and speculation start being used as the present reality OR when the speculation and theories are used in place of fact.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby militant on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Har. good thing you had that smiley face at the end

I forgot to add. There is nothing wrong with speculation or theories. Its when theories and speculation start being used as the present reality OR when the speculation and theories are used in place of fact.

In my experience, WIFOM has also been used in order to confuse other players and distract them from scumhunting, or to waste time before a deadline.

Since the last vote count on page nine, (if I've quickly worked it out correctly) no one is voting for anyone. As DiM pointed out, the deadline is imminent (it is the 25th right now where I am) and without a contender for a lynch and such little time, I don't see a lynch happening. It isn't ideal ordinarily but with the two claims and a death in the night, there should be enough information to make quite an informed lynch tomorrow, which beats a hasty random one now.
Guys I am intentionally lurking. Discuss; Play mafia, it is good.
Oderint Dum Metuant says: Don't confuse the easily confused!
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:28 pm

Okay, I've been reading the back and forth here.

1. I'm not in favor of "directing" the power roles what to do. They can figure out what to do on their own, and if we direct them, we basically tell mafia how/who to kill. Again, more WIFOM, but let's just not direct power roles.
2. I have no other leads, as nobody but Iron and DiM are really posting a whole lot. Hippo would be my candidate, but he's the unchallenged bodyguard, and I'd rather have him alive.
3. CMS has posted very little...which has me suspicious...
4. I'm not sure I want to go for another claim today, as it would reveal another power role...which would be bad.

So, where does that leave us? Are we just waiting the clock out here? Seems to be what everyone is doing...

Fastposted by militant...I agree.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:22 pm

Whos submarining now?

I find irony in that those advocating a lynch of me because of my perceived activity have become silent. Hypocrites!
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 pm

If that was a dig at me, it was hipposleeps :lol:
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:46 pm

if vodean is going with his local time we have only around 3 hours till deadline.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm

its not submarining...its just the general consensus that a no lynch was happening day 1...there isnt much to add with what time left
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby vodean on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:56 pm

ok. its midnight here... you are not going to reach a lynch on july 25th in any time zone.
DAY ENDS IN NO LYNCH.
SCENE UPCOMING
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 pm

at the start of the day, there had been much discussion about one of the group members who had been silent. but that member of the isolation had been sick, and was forced to return home. the company had sent a replacement.

Then there was some discussion about various people, and their professions.
"im a trained bodyguard!" one said. "hmmm... mafia need bodyguards right?" replied the others
"im a cop!" said another. "i can get to the bottom of all this". "but wasnt someone else a cop too? why are there so many cops" "he is the only cop"
and by that time, it was late and the town collapsed into sleep. or at least most of them did.

48 hours to send in night actions
Sergeant vodean

Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia 2 [9/9] Night 1 - a Lazy Start

Postby vodean on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

final vote count for the day:
Vote Count 1.6
Hippo - 1 (neb)
IB - 1 (lovo)

Not voting - 5- MeDeFe, CMS, militant, IB, chuck
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is set for Wednesday, 25th of July. - deadline reached
in the event that no majority is achieved by deadline (which is still subject to change) a no lynch will occur
sorry about the mess-up. i just figured that since no further votes would be counted, that there had been no recent vote changes.

also, i do not mind night talk.
Last edited by vodean on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant vodean

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 pm

DiM, I wouldn't say you were engaging in WIFOM. Speculating like that is perfectly fine and can be a great tool for town to use. Some players can get very frustrated if they see their scum plans laid out before they're even set in motion. It would've been WIFOM if you had been engaging in "I know that they know that we know that they know..." and so on (or even worse: "It looks player A might have known that player B knew that player group C knows that town knows that...". If you ever realise that your chain of argument looks anything like that, it's probably better not to post it), and then reached the conclusion that we should therefore do X. Pointing out that there is such a situation is not always a bad thing, though, since the involved parties can decide to simply flip a coin and not engage in needless mental contortions.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:unvote

town cop is a pretty ballsy fake claim...I disagree that my posts were sweeping generalisations. I was stating pretty clear evidence...that lead me to believe you were acting scummy....and I wasnt the only one doing so.
Id rather not get any more role claims out today if it can be helped. :|

Well, on that note I will concede the point to IB. I agree it's unlikely to be a fake claim, particularly the passage of time and no counter claim. That rather points the light at those not contributing. We have two choices ... pursue a further case or just throw in the towell (the evil spectre of no lynch). I've never been in a game where everyone agreed on a no lynch but have been in games where there has been this type of fizzle and the effluxion of time ended up with the deadline passing with the same result. It goes against my nature to no lynch, but I'm not feeling the case against Epi and raising a new case now on the basis of submarining just looks silly. Umm ... oh well to put my money where my mouth is ... unvote

Missed this vode ...
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:17 pm

@vodean. i have unvoted IB here
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby vodean on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:09 am

all actions in. scene upcoming.
Sergeant vodean

Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia 2 [6/9] Day 2- did anyone get any sl

Postby vodean on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:20 am

The town was awoken in the middle of the night by intense heat. there was a fire in one part of the warehouse they were in. The sprinkler system was jammed and took a while to activate, so they evacuated the building. as they ran for the exits, they heard what sounded like a gunshot. When they returned, they found the burned bodies of three of their comrades. One also had a bullet-hole through his skull, and one appeared to have stab wounds. It was hard to tell because of the fire.

by a process of elimination, they were able to identify the charred remains as
thehippo8, town bodyguard
thechuck51, town busdriver

and
Nebuchadnezer, Mafia Godfather
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Lord Voldemort came up innocent.

A couple of things. We have bullet wounds and stab wounds. We could have a serial killer.

God I hate the Meta Hippo has made for himself. It just hurts town more then it helps. I assume he protected me. He also said he had an added ability. With three dead I am not sure who killed who. Why three bodies?

There are any number of scenarios.

I am Town and Lord V is Town. if there are anymore investigative roles you need to step forward IF you saw somthing or got somthing.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Re: Vodean's mini-Mafia 2 [6/9] Day 2- did anyone get an

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

i think neb wanted to kill IB, but IB was protected by hippo8 who was an elite bodyguard so besides dying to protect IB he also killed the assassin (neb).
and chuck was the victim of a serial killer.
Major DiM

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm

DiM wrote:i think neb wanted to kill IB, but IB was protected by hippo8 who was an elite bodyguard so besides dying to protect IB he also killed the assassin (neb).

Thats one possible scenario. It seems odd though that the Godfather would attempt the kill.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
DiM wrote:i think neb wanted to kill IB, but IB was protected by hippo8 who was an elite bodyguard so besides dying to protect IB he also killed the assassin (neb).

Thats one possible scenario. It seems odd though that the Godfather would attempt the kill.

really? why?
from wiki:
In more traditional games, the Godfather may be the final arbiter in who the Mafia kills that Night, and who is performing the kill. Alternatively, the Godfather may be the only Mafioso who can kill.

could this be the case here? would this mean that mafia can no longer kill? how would this work?
Major DiM

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:50 pm

It goes both ways. In the games here on CC usually the Godfather comes up innocent in cop investigations. If that is the case why risk getting noticed?
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 pm

ok, so i did more research and indeed there are quite a few scenarios involving a joat/an inventor/vigilante that would explain the 3 deaths.
Major DiM

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

DiM wrote:ok, so i did more research and indeed there are quite a few scenarios involving a joat/an inventor/vigilante that would explain the 3 deaths.

Until we hear from others its just speculation. I would like to know if anyone has anymore info.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby vodean on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:31 pm

oh. i forgot to say. hippo was a MASON.
Sergeant vodean

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:50 pm

so he was a bodyguard or a mason?
or both?
can he be both?
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives