Conquer Club

Upcoming mafia games

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
spinwizard wrote:just tell me, if you are a reconised mod you can mod CCMMC games by just telling me u want in

Okay... I'll do one.

cool, do u have a set up ready? it is 13 players and i will pm u the rules, if it is ready i can open sign-ups for it now
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon May 21, 2007 1:56 pm

spinwizard wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
spinwizard wrote:just tell me, if you are a reconised mod you can mod CCMMC games by just telling me u want in

Okay... I'll do one.

cool, do u have a set up ready? it is 13 players and i will pm u the rules, if it is ready i can open sign-ups for it now

13 players...? That's easy.

The theme is The Revolutionary War, in the days after the Boston Tea Party ended and the Boston massacre occured.... (You like that? I just thought it up)
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 1:57 pm

sounds great, when can u run it?

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 1:57 pm

Re: mafia elitism... yes it exists, and for good reason. playing in noob heavy games makes me pull my hair out. I signed up as replacement in some noob-heavy games and quickly realized that's why I dont' play them. I don't think games need to be invite only, rather game mods should have open signups and handpick players to make sure the majority of players are experienced, not just take whoever signs up first. Sure have some noobs in there, so they can learn and prove themselves to the other players. I think Andy uses a 3:1 ratio, but 2:1 would probably be ok too.

Also, gamemod elitism exists as well. :lol: I have my list of mods I'll play under and it's pretty short. when I get down to zero games, I often branch out, as I did recently. helps to meet new players that way too.
Major wicked

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 2:00 pm

yes, eliteism does exist but i will include ppl in my games with a 1 game minimum reqirment, just sign up 4 a noob game, battle through and then you can play in the good games, it is like a baptism to CC mafia (i will also inclkude noops in my games if they look like a active poster)

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon May 21, 2007 2:00 pm

spinwizard wrote:sounds great, when can u run it?

Eh... I could start now... *shrug*
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 2:00 pm

wicked wrote:Re: mafia elitism... yes it exists, and for good reason. playing in noob heavy games makes me pull my hair out. I signed up as replacement in some noob-heavy games and quickly realized that's why I dont' play them. I don't think games need to be invite only, rather game mods should have open signups and handpick players to make sure the majority of players are experienced, not just take whoever signs up first. Sure have some noobs in there, so they can learn and prove themselves to the other players. I think Andy uses a 3:1 ratio, but 2:1 would probably be ok too.

Also, gamemod elitism exists as well. :lol: I have my list of mods I'll play under and it's pretty short. when I get down to zero games, I often branch out, as I did recently. helps to meet new players that way too.

yes, it seams i am not on your mod list :x

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon May 21, 2007 2:01 pm

Yeah... Hopefully the Wicked one will play in my Zoo game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 2:01 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
spinwizard wrote:sounds great, when can u run it?

Eh... I could start now... *shrug*

cool, i will open your sign-ups

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 2:04 pm

spin, I don't think playing in one game is enough. they may have been lynched the first day for noobiness... like you were! aahahahahaha!!
Major wicked

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 2:05 pm

I'll consider it Ank, but not now... I'm in 3. Zoo does sound like an interesting theme. you sure you want me back in one after the headaches I gave you last time? aaahahahaha
Major wicked

Postby Anarkistsdream on Mon May 21, 2007 2:07 pm

wicked wrote:I'll consider it Ank, but not now... I'm in 3. Zoo does sound like an interesting theme. you sure you want me back in one after the headaches I gave you last time? aaahahahaha

Hell yeah!

And, no worries... I'm not starting my Zoo for awhile... I am playing in three or four games now too... Makes my head hurt.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 2:11 pm

wicked wrote:spin, I don't think playing in one game is enough. they may have been lynched the first day for noobiness... like you were! aahahahahaha!!

hey, i have never been lynched...(but it has been close) yes i agree, u want mainly veterens

Postby XenHu on Mon May 21, 2007 2:20 pm

spinwizard wrote:
wicked wrote:spin, I don't think playing in one game is enough. they may have been lynched the first day for noobiness... like you were! aahahahahaha!!

hey, i have never been lynched...(but it has been close) yes i agree, u want mainly veterens

*cough* Rescue Mission *cough*

:lol:

-X
Cook XenHu

Postby spinwizard on Mon May 21, 2007 2:22 pm

XenHu wrote:
spinwizard wrote:

*cough* Rescue Mission *cough*

:lol:

-X

does that count? i was lynched then saved by FD (mayor) i am not counting it as i played on :P

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 2:24 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:And, no worries... I'm not starting my Zoo for awhile... I am playing in three or four games now too... Makes my head hurt.

How about we lynch you in a couple then?? :twisted:
Major wicked

Postby jnd94 on Mon May 21, 2007 3:08 pm

I like the idea of Aimless's game...... not sure how you could do one about a zoo :lol: well they all sound fun! :wink:
Captain jnd94

Postby Aimless on Mon May 21, 2007 5:31 pm

Re: Everyone asking about my future game.

Without going into too much detail too early (I'll give more out once I'm actually ready to start the game, which at the rate Sherwood is going probably won't be until August), it will basically be like this :

The game will be split up amongst poets (townies) and critics (mafia). Each poet will have a specific verse style (for instance, Haiku, although that is probably one I won't use, hence I feel safe naming it here) that they will be required to utilize for all of their posts.

The critics will have no such post restrictions (although, if they don't want to be found out immediately, they'd better fake one).

As for knowing how to spell - I don't mind the occasional misspelling (it is called poetic license, after all), but given the nature of the game I don't want to see you mangling the English language - unless your character happens to be e e cummings.
Private Aimless

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 5:36 pm

what a fun twist! slowly backs away

you know what would be even funnier.. don't tell the mafia the townies have post restrictions. :lol:
Last edited by wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major wicked

Postby GreecePwns on Mon May 21, 2007 5:37 pm

I'm not sure but I might mod a Starcraft themed mafia if there is interest.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Serbia on Mon May 21, 2007 5:47 pm

spinwizard wrote:yes, eliteism does exist but i will include ppl in my games with a 1 game minimum reqirment, just sign up 4 a noob game, battle through and then you can play in the good games, it is like a baptism to CC mafia (i will also inclkude noops in my games if they look like a active poster)

I'm in two... and interested in playing with more vets, instead of people who won't post...
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 5:52 pm

And we want to play with you too. :twisted: heh heh heh
Major wicked

Postby Fircoal on Mon May 21, 2007 6:54 pm

The1exile wrote:Nagerous, that's only a recent development and I for one will play in open games also. If however the first people on that open game are dwight, twiggy, ranck and Fircoal, I will consign the game to the noob corner of the forum.

Me? I'm not a n00b. :roll:
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby jnd94 on Mon May 21, 2007 8:02 pm

Aimless wrote:Re: Everyone asking about my future game.

Without going into too much detail too early (I'll give more out once I'm actually ready to start the game, which at the rate Sherwood is going probably won't be until August), it will basically be like this :

The game will be split up amongst poets (townies) and critics (mafia). Each poet will have a specific verse style (for instance, Haiku, although that is probably one I won't use, hence I feel safe naming it here) that they will be required to utilize for all of their posts.

The critics will have no such post restrictions (although, if they don't want to be found out immediately, they'd better fake one).

As for knowing how to spell - I don't mind the occasional misspelling (it is called poetic license, after all), but given the nature of the game I don't want to see you mangling the English language - unless your character happens to be e e cummings.

both groups sound equally challengeing, but it sounds easier to be poets. Then you know what style you have. If you are a critic, then you have to come up with a style of poetry, and if someone comes out and says that they have that type, you can be in deep shit.
Captain jnd94

Postby wicked on Mon May 21, 2007 8:21 pm

Fircoal wrote:
The1exile wrote:Nagerous, that's only a recent development and I for one will play in open games also. If however the first people on that open game are dwight, twiggy, ranck and Fircoal, I will consign the game to the noob corner of the forum.

Me? I'm not a n00b. :roll:

I beg to differ.
Major wicked

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives