Conquer Club

Re: Neighborhood Mafia (4/7) Game Over: Town Win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Re: Neighborhood Mafia (7/7) Day 1: Not So Crime Free

Postby colton24 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:54 pm

VOTE COUNT

mtamburini - (1) - epic pie
epic pie - (4) - LYNCH - virus90, gregwolf121, Iron Butterfly, mtamburini

Not Voting: The Weird One, JamesKer1

The day is now in twilight until I post a scene. You may discuss whatever until I make said scene
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Re: Neighborhood Mafia (7/7) Day 1: Not So Crime Free

Postby colton24 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Scene of Epic Proportions

At the end of the long hard day after the Police had left, the town decided they couldn't wait any longer before shedding blood. They grabbed epic pie, a shy man, and strung him up by his neck. When he had died, a state medical card fell out of his pocket. They were shocked...

...That is, until they found the Glock 17 in his waistband.

Epic Pie, a.k.a. Alex Palmer, Mafia Goon has been lynched!

Night 1 begins, if you have an action, send me your action
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed

Re: Neighborhood Mafia (7/7) Night 1: Good Choice

Postby colton24 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 am

Another Scene

As dawn broke, the town met in the square. However, one person did not show up - gregwolf121. The town forced entry into his house, instead of going through the already-broken window. They found gregwolf lying dead in a pool of blood, arms hacked from his body, and a message in blood on the wall: "YOU MADE A MISTAKE"

Gregwolf121, aka Detective Jay Bogardas, Town Cop has been killed!

Day 2 is a go, with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Re: Re: Neighborhood Mafia (5/7) Day 2: Officer Down

Postby gregwolf121 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:22 am

figured this would happen, ah well i got one of them, good luck town
Captain gregwolf121

Postby virus90 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:32 am

yes glad we have got 1 already, and suck that we lost you gregwolf.
It was a long night by the way:P thought it would be a short 1 because it seemed very clear what would happen. well atleast i thought so.

So now lets find the last 1, either a goon or roleblocker. I guess it is a goon and we are in scenario 3 since i guess if we had a doc greg would have been saved. Or the roleblocker should have been incredibly lucky blocking the doc. But only the goon or doc and roleblocker would know for sure.
Major virus90

Re: Neighborhood Mafia (5/7) Day 2: Officer Down

Postby The Weird One on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Well, I've got nothing...It sucks that we lost the cop, but that was assumed, from day 1 when he got cornered into a claim. At least we got the tradeoff of scum for cop...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:41 pm

I apologize tam, I am a dick sometimes. Without that vote, I'm afraid epic pie might not have been lynched.

Good work.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:44 pm

The fact that there was a kill last night suggests we are not in scenario 1 but in scenario 3.

I'd like to hear more from IB about how that matches up with what he said yesterday?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:18 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:The fact that there was a kill last night suggests we are not in scenario 1 but in scenario 3.

I'd like to hear more from IB about how that matches up with what he said yesterday?

Common sense.

A player calls out the "role blocker" for reasons still not entirely clear. A role blocker is in scenario 1 and 3. Why would a player call out a role blocker unless they suspected one was present?

Tell you what james YOU explain to me your theory on why that happened.

You have also looked over the possibility that the role blocker was able to block the doc and kill the cop, which is still scenario one.

But yes there is also the possibility we are in scenario 2 with just a cop. Circumstantial evidence tells me otherwise.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 pm

should say

You have also over looked the possibility that the role blocker was able to block the doc and kill the cop, which is still scenario one.

I forgot to write over

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:should say

You have also over looked the possibility that the role blocker was able to block the doc and kill the cop, which is still scenario one.

I forgot to write over

There aren't three mafia are there? Can a roleblocker kill and block at the same time?

No, it can't unless this game is rigged. We are in scenario 3.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby virus90 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm

ok to be clear a roleblocker cant kill and block at the same time?
and for instance when we would have had a goon, then the roleblocker could block and the goon could kill? i presume they could not both kill right.
sorry for the n00b question but rather know now then find out later, and besides it tells a thing or 2 about the game.
i was under the impression that a roleblocker could kill and also block but this might be false i now understand?

Tried to find a CC topic with good role descriptions but got my knowledge from a wiki from the internet.
Major virus90

Postby The Weird One on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:The fact that there was a kill last night suggests we are not in scenario 1 but in scenario 3.

Common sense.

A player calls out the "role blocker" for reasons still not entirely clear. A role blocker is in scenario 1 and 3. Why would a player call out a role blocker unless they suspected one was present?

Tell you what james YOU explain to me your theory on why that happened.

You have also looked over the possibility that the role blocker was able to block the doc and kill the cop, which is still scenario one.

But yes there is also the possibility we are in scenario 2 with just a cop. Circumstantial evidence tells me otherwise.

Needs confirmation from mod as to if that would be possible...I would think that that differs from mod to mod...As for the scenario of it not being possible there is the dreaded "inept doc" scenario...where the doc is there but made an idiotic mistake on night one...
sheepofdumb wrote:I'm not scum, just a threat to the town. There's a difference, thank you very much.

ga7 wrote: I'll keep my vote where it should be but just in case Vote Strike Wolf AND f*ck FLAMINGOS f*ck THEM HARD
Sergeant The Weird One

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:34 pm

From the games I have played as mafia, yes a lone mafia can use there night action and kill. I would guess it would be at the discretion of the mod however.

I guess this would be a good time to get clarity from the mod in weather mafia can do both this game if they are lone survivor.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby colton24 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes, any roleblocker may kill and block if they are the last mafia
Mr. Squirrel wrote:

Postby virus90 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm

thx for the quick reply on my wall post colton.

well i think we are in scenario 3 (thats 1 cop 2 goons). guess the doc would have saved if he had the chance and the chance that the roleblocker chose the doc is 25 %..
Major virus90

Postby mtamburini on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 pm

We have a ML so let the scum hunt begin
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 pm

colton24 wrote:Yes, any roleblocker may kill and block if they are the last mafia

Well that killed my lead... Dang it, that didn't make sense to me as why that would happen...
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Ok. we need some action guys, not gonna catch the badguy if no one says anything. so lets get the discussion going again?

I wont vote yet because with the risk of mtamburini (or someone else) joining and if i am wrong the mafia bandwagoning to get the majority vote in. it would mean a quick kill.
But: TWO... you were in no lynch camp, are not saying much and did not vote epic pie... if i had to vote now, it would be pretty easy...

and james time to take some stances my man, no vote on lynch, no vote on epic. just wanted to point that out.
Major virus90

Postby The Weird One on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:16 pm

virus90 wrote:Ok. we need some action guys, not gonna catch the badguy if no one says anything. so lets get the discussion going again?

I wont vote yet because with the risk of mtamburini (or someone else) joining and if i am wrong the mafia bandwagoning to get the majority vote in. it would mean a quick kill.
But: TWO... you were in no lynch camp, are not saying much and did not vote epic pie... if i had to vote now, it would be pretty easy...

and james time to take some stances my man, no vote on lynch, no vote on epic. just wanted to point that out.

Oh, for the love of the gods...I voted no lynch to get activity. Once activity arrived, I unvoted it...I explained my reasoning at least once...twice, I think, already...I did not vote epic pie because a doctor sounded plausible. Fortunately he was lieing...I'd rather not be the responsible party for us losing the doc on day one. I haven't been posting much because of a final exam tomorrow and one the following day. As such, I have issues finding the time to make my own arguments. After that, I'm done with school for a couple weeks and can comb through the thread to my heart's content. Until then, though, I am limited to reactionary posts such as this one because I really need to be studying rather than reading page after page of mafia. That being said, it's only two more days. I'll keep my posting present, I just shall be less analytical than normal. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that repeatedly as well [I'll try to find quotes, in a bit, when I have a break]...For trying to crucify me over two already-explained reasons and one that I would think that would be rather obvious ["let's not immediately hammer the fellow who just claimed doc"], Vote virus90

Sergeant The Weird One

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 pm

yeah your right, you have explained before. and no need to waste your time on quoting them for me i know you posted it.

quickpost so youre not wasting study time now
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm

And before i forget: Good luck with your finals TWO! hope you will pass them with nice grades if possible :)

i now also am trying to get the activity started because it has been awfully quiet. And for me I start with blaming the 2 guys who did not vote on epic pie. That seems pretty obvious.
as for the doc reason, if you do a little statistical analysis it would give a pretty small chance of us first targeting the cop and then the doctor. at that point. with no knowledge of what scenario we were in the odds were minute.

you must be in situation 1: 1/5
first targeting cop = 1/7
then targeting doc = 1/6
so odds are: 1/7 * 1/6 *1/5 = 1/210 = ~0,5 % (ok lots of discussion possible as to which assumptions you could make, what mathematical rules to follow etc, but kept it simple, feel free to discuss)

besides that it was the only thing he could claim. so what would you do? i guess i would have claimed doc as well. I do however understand the point of not wanting to lynch the doc. I was really chearing that he flipped mafia not only because it means less scum but also that I did not cause another town powerrole to be eliminated.

by the way: Now that i think of that. the mafia knew what roles they got right. I guess that would mean that they knew that there were 2 goons, else the real doc would have been able to counterclaim. So i already was pretty sure of situation 3 (1 cop 2 goons) but this kind of proves it maybe? is that a valid reasoning?
Major virus90

Postby mtamburini on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 pm

1 cop 2 goons seems like the most likely situation, unless maf got a read on who the doc couldve been and successfully role blocked. It was interesting that the dead mafia claimed doc before he died it was a very good tactic to try and get his partner to find out if there was some one willing to cc. That would be the only way I would think we have a doctor because he claimed it to see if someone would cc.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby virus90 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm

your right mtam that is also a scenario. afraid though that we dont have a doc, if so the roleblocker knows who he is since he blocked him last night so that would make him useless anyway.
Major virus90

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:30 pm

My two cents.

I believe that mafia is either James, Two or myself.

I ad myself because I would of course say I am Town. Virus and mtam seem Town in my book.

vote james

Besides the fact he did not vote he has tried to make people seem scummy without really making cases. A lot can be gained by reading the posts after someone has been lynched. His posts just strike me as trying hard to sound Town.

Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives