Conquer Club

The Whitechapel Murderer- GAME OVER - TOWN WON

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Whitechapel Murderer- Day 1 begins on Pg 4

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:11 am

Here is my flavor spec:

There are no SKs. We are all town. We will gradually kill each other off, for suspicion of being Jack the Ripper. In the end, when the blood has been spilled and our minds are lost, we will all realize there is a bit of Jack the Ripper in each of us.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Here is my flavor spec:

There are no SKs. We are all town. We will gradually kill each other off, for suspicion of being Jack the Ripper. In the end, when the blood has been spilled and our minds are lost, we will all realize there is a bit of Jack the Ripper in each of us.

That was an episode on the Brady Bunch where Marsha gets her monthly and loses it was it not?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby benga on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Here is my flavor spec:

love this, but can we still lynch you :?
Sergeant benga

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 pm

So... Today is Wednesday! We will say that it takes ten to lynch today... Tomorrow, Thursday, it will drop to 9. That gives you guys a few more days before the scarily easy lynching can occur...

Must say, I love the back and forth so far. Hope you guys are liking it!

Day 1 is always a little slow. I will make sure I keep on the lookout for inactives and stuff... You all are a solid group, though, so I doubt it happens much.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:57 pm

As much as I would like to believe Doom, I'd figure that kills would indicate some scum during the night phase. Factions seems like a strong probability here, with different win conditions. I guess a good gauge of number of scum could be based on the number of kills, but that might also include sanity doctors or overeager vigs or whatnot.
Captain safariguy5

Re: Let the day BEGIN!

Postby benga on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:35 pm

nagerous wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
At 221B Baker Street, Sherlock Holmes and John Watson discuss their own intentions to catch one of the most dastardly villains to ever set foot in the country of England. However, they wondered if Holmes' archenemy, Dr. James Moriarty, had anything to do with these crimes.

And evil slid silently through the streets at night, some more wicked than others.

How many more murders will the Ripper carry out? Will he ever be caught? And what of the other murders going on in London? Copycat killers? Was it the Ripper?

Sounds to me like there is more than one threat, "some more wicked than others". So I'd expect Moriarty to be in the game and a threat, and maybe even a third threat like a copycat killer.

Holmes and Watson are probably town, since they are going after the threats too per the scene.

(Are we already past the joke vote stage? I don't want to throw out a joke vote and then get killed for it lol)

I agree with this as well, I doubt there is just the single threat in this game, but probably either two or three lone individuals that the town is endangered from.

2 or 3 SKs?

then we might be in real danger here, with 3 people dead per night, this will not take that long :o
Sergeant benga

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm

3 sks would be stupidly imbalanced and highly doubtful.

At this point we can speculate all we want but in my mind there has to be a mafia faction. We have jack and we would have either a third party such as Moriarty or a copy cat.

We really wont know until tomorrow what we are up against besides Jack. I am sure the night scene provided will give better insight.

Vote FloresdelMal

For no other reason then to get them to post.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:43 am

IB wrote:3 sks would be stupdly imbalaced and highly doubtful.

At this point we can speculate all we want but in my mid there has to be a mafia factin. We have jak and we would have eithr a third party such as Moriarty or a copy cat.

We really wont know util tomorrow what we are up against besides Jack. I am sure the night scene provided will give beter insight.

Vote FloresdelMal

He is already voting me.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby FloresDelMal on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 am

strike wolf wrote:I am feeling a bit under the weather right now and have a moderate fever. I'll post when I can but I'm probably not going be very active the next day or so depending on if this is just a bug or not.

get well soon, i have been sickly lately and it certainly sucks.

strike wolf wrote:I would think alternate insanities and a possible miller is not out of the question to offset town's power. From the fact that there is a vigilante group, it is not much of a stretch to say that there is at least one scum in this game who is not fully bulletproof, though limited protection on one killer is also not out of the question.

i agree wholeheartedly with this, to me is the only way the set up could make sense, and i do believe moriarty is most likely on the game. Also i want to point that there is no proof that "jack the reaper" is a man or a lonesome killer, is just a catchy name given by the press.

Now as interesting as this whole set up discussion is, i don't think it will get us closer to have a much needed day 1 lynch, atm there are 2 persons who seem erratic and fishy to me:

1.- Mets BW on DY for quickly unvote after attracting a little of attention, and then justifying himself with a bunch of fluff about poor reading skills (scummiest behaviour of the day so far)

2.- benga with his pointless post's that make it seems like he is contributing when he is only giving a collection of random quotes with a shallow comment thrown in for spice things up, also i don't appreciate his accusation towards neb, saying he is throwing dust on our eyes, when he is obviously just trying to get things going.

is not too much but this is what i gather atm so i will unvote vote benga in an attempt to get a "real" post from him/her
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby benga on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:53 am

FloresDelMal wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I am feeling a bit under the weather right now and have a moderate fever. I'll post when I can but I'm probably not going be very active the next day or so depending on if this is just a bug or not.

get well soon, i have been sickly lately and it certainly sucks.

strike wolf wrote:I would think alternate insanities and a possible miller is not out of the question to offset town's power. From the fact that there is a vigilante group, it is not much of a stretch to say that there is at least one scum in this game who is not fully bulletproof, though limited protection on one killer is also not out of the question.

i agree wholeheartedly with this, to me is the only way the set up could make sense, and i do believe moriarty is most likely on the game. Also i want to point that there is no proof that "jack the reaper" is a man or a lonesome killer, is just a catchy name given by the press.

Now as interesting as this whole set up discussion is, i don't think it will get us closer to have a much needed day 1 lynch, atm there are 2 persons who seem erratic and fishy to me:

1.- Mets BW on DY for quickly unvote after attracting a little of attention, and then justifying himself with a bunch of fluff about poor reading skills (scummiest behaviour of the day so far)

2.- benga with his pointless post's that make it seems like he is contributing when he is only giving a collection of random quotes with a shallow comment thrown in for spice things up, also i don't appreciate his accusation towards neb, saying he is throwing dust on our eyes, when he is obviously just trying to get things going.

is not too much but this is what i gather atm so i will unvote vote benga in an attempt to get a "real" post from him/her

LOL so a real post would be a vote?

vote flores for voting me on nothing
Sergeant benga

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:59 am

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT
Anarkistsdream 1 - New guy1 (This makes me a SAD PANDA)
DoomYoshi 1 - ga7
Metsfanmax 1 - DoomYoshi
New Guy1 1 - strike wolf
FloresdelMal 2 - Iron Butterfly, Benga
Benga 1 - FloresdelMal

At this moment, it takes 10 to lynch! In about 8 hours, that number will drop to 9.

I will send out a mass prod tonight, too, just to be on the safe side.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Part of the issue with benga is language-barrier and newbiness to the game.

Either way, an OMGUS is scummy.

unvote vote benga
Major DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Read and caught up. Sorry, Ive been sick all weak, but I finally got really sick last night. Im better than I was last night, so Ill make a post.

I dont like how flores said that Mets BW on doom was the scummiest thing all day and then she voted binga supposedly because of his meaningless post and you "don't appreciate his accusation towards neb, saying he is throwing dust on our eyes, when he is obviously just trying to get things going." Because I have done exactly the same thing, Im just going to FOS Flores.

This being said, Benga OMGUSed, which I find to be something more scummy than what flores did (I may have the bias of experience in not properly exaggerating my feelings about multiple cases in one post). I will therefore, Unvote, vote benga.

No more SAD PANDA, anark? Is it bad that I read that phrase in his tone of voice.
Sergeant new guy1

Re: The Whiteclupel Murderer- Day 1 begins on Pg 4

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 pm

new guy1 wrote:Read and caught up. Sorry, Ive been sick all weak, but I finally got really sick last night. Im better than I was last night, so Ill make a post.

I dont like how flores said that Mets BW on doom was the scummiest thing all day and then she voted binga supposedly because of his meaningless post and you "don't appreciate his accusation towards neb, saying he is throwing dust on our eyes, when he is obviously just trying to get things going." Because I have done exactly the same thing, Im just going to FOS Flores.

This being said, Benga OMGUSed, which I find to be something more scummy than what flores did (I may have the bias of experience in not properly exaggerating my feelings about multiple cases in one post). I will therefore, Unvote, vote benga.

No more SAD PANDA, anark? Is it bad that I read that phrase in his tone of voice.

^^^^^^
What are you even talking about with the panda?
Major DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:33 pm

new guy1 wrote:Read and caught up. Sorry, Ive been sick all weak, but I finally got really sick last night. Im better than I was last night, so Ill make a post.

I disagree with the interpretation that Met's vote was the scummiest thing all day, but given that he's already been called out for it by other people, I can see Flores' logic of voting someone who hasn't been presented as a candidate with scummy behavior.

OMGUS vote is obvious, but I wouldn't want an accidental lynch with the shortening lynch clock, so I will withhold a vote until benga posts a defense.
Captain safariguy5

Re: The Whiteclupel Murderer- Day 1 begins on Pg 4

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:52 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

^^^^^^
What are you even talking about with the panda?

Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby nagerous on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:3 sks would be stupidly imbalanced and highly doubtful.

At this point we can speculate all we want but in my mind there has to be a mafia faction. We have jack and we would have either a third party such as Moriarty or a copy cat.

We really wont know until tomorrow what we are up against besides Jack. I am sure the night scene provided will give better insight.

Vote FloresdelMal

No need to shit all over the theory. There are hints in scenes of Moriarty being a potential villain and also maybe Jack the Ripper as one. If nark had three killers all working alone I am sure he would balance it out with protective/investigative roles as well and restrictions to easily make it balanced in a 15 player game. A mafia group is a possibility of course but not every game is always cliched enough to use one
Captain nagerous

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 pm

nagerous wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:3 sks would be stupidly imbalanced and highly doubtful.

Vote FloresdelMal

No need to shit all over the theory. There are hints in scenes of Moriarty being a potential villain and also maybe Jack the Ripper as one. If nark had three killers all working alone I am sure he would balance it out with protective/investigative roles as well and restrictions to easily make it balanced in a 15 player game. A mafia group is a possibility of course but not every game is always cliched enough to use one

Sigged
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Well who am I to shit on someones theory? Its like being called a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

I was just pointing out what is most likely but folks can call it how they see fit without fear of negativity. This game is after all about theory and speculation. :roll:

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:52 pm

UNVOTE FLORES

I am with holding voting for Benga as well.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby nagerous on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:Well who am I to shit on someones theory? Its like being called a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

I was just pointing out what is most likely but folks can call it how they see fit without fear of negativity. This game is after all about theory and speculation. :roll:

:roll:

You said that would make the game stupidly imbalanced, implying that what I had said was stupid, which is frankly offensive, especially your lack of respect. You can roll all you like, but your point is exactly my point, it is about theory and speculation so there is no need to be so hostile.
Captain nagerous

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:42 pm

nagerous wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:Well who am I to shit on someones theory? Its like being called a racist for disagreeing with Obama.

You said that would make the game stupidly imbalanced, implying that what I had said was stupid, which is frankly offensive, especially your lack of respect. You can roll all you like, but your point is exactly my point, it is about theory and speculation so there is no need to be so hostile.

This is about another game right?? :lol: Hugs and love to ya. I will not indulge thank you very much.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
nagerous wrote:

This is about another game right?? :lol: Hugs and love to ya. I will not indulge thank you very much.

I sent ya a PM...take it there please. regards

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ga7 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Was waiting to see what happens with benga but man, there's some strong sexual tension in this game. My vote stays on DoomYoshi though for making no sense even with his sig choice. :D
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:24 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I disagree with the interpretation that Met's vote was the scummiest thing all day, but given that he's already been called out for it by other people, I can see Flores' logic of voting someone who hasn't been presented as a candidate with scummy behavior.

OMGUS vote is obvious, but I wouldn't want an accidental lynch with the shortening lynch clock, so I will withhold a vote until benga posts a defense.

It's in the nature of OMGUS that there isn't really a "defense." If you just mean "here's a convenient excuse to force benga to say more things," just say so...
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives