Conquer Club

The Whitechapel Murderer- GAME OVER - TOWN WON

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Whitechapel Murderer- Day 3 starts on page 28

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Newguy's claim to me seems believable. Most of the claimed names have been people who were suspected of being Jack, as Prince Albert Victor is. And the governor role seems appropriate for a prince. I agree the role isn't that powerful, in a game where everyone has powers, there are going to be a few that are less powerful than others.

strike wolf wrote:Alright so I'm guessing that is Benga's vote. So I am going to assume that all the investigations have been accurate:

1. Hotshot-Sherlocke Holmes: Cult probably tried to recruit him last night which is why he got the message. Immune to recruitment? could be lying but can't think of a justifiable reason he would out the cult whether the leader was alive or dead.
2. Kratos-Cleared by Hotshot
3. IB-poisoned. Cleared by Doomyoshi. Strongly believe this is the truth. Could be scum but only if investigation proof and separate from the poisoner.
4. Doomyoshi-Abberline. strong claim, likely cult recruit. Low priority target.
5. Nag-cleared by Hotshot
6. Strike Wolf-obvious townie. ;)
7. Benga-ability seems to be proven.

Which leaves these three on my suspect list:

8. Neb-involved in the note. Mixed read. Very active which is usually a townish quality but also a couple of incidents where he seemed to be role fishing/action directing. I also did not like the idea behind his initial case on Mets (Mets reaction I still stick to being worse but Neb has caught my attention as well).
9. Virus-appears town. I disagree on the two kills thing. Flores was a mod kill, Greg and Saf had two very different types of death. The Saf one fits Jack and the other one doesn't.
10. New guy1-Honestly my reread on him felt like he wasn't saying much and I definitely put him up there with scum.

After looking at the remaining suspects, I am left with only 2 unknowns, strike wolf and neb.

Based on some of his posts, I think I know what neb's role is. If I am correct, he might have found out something night one that could help us find jack even if he doesn't know it. (Of course if I'm wrong, there is a chance he is jack.)

That leaves me with strike wolf. He has been leading the charge today, pressing the case etc. While usually that is town behavior, with the limited suspects it could also be done by a scum trying to lead the way so no-one starts a case on him instead. He has also been posting that he is suspicious or not trusting of some posts by people who are as verified as they can be, which could be trying to get us to not trust each other and easier for him to lead another case tomorrow.

So because of a lack of other suspects, I will vote strike wolf
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm

You mean Virus and doomyoshi? I've supported Virus for the most part. I have pointed out a couple of things but my reading on him has always been town. Doomyoshi is a legitimate cult possibility. Whatever we're close enough to mass claim anyways and I was dropping hints all day anyways.

I am Joseph Barnett-One shot vig/miller. Oh and this is me taking credit for the vig kill on Gregwolf.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby kratos644 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Hold off on trying to lynch anyone. Breaking case coming through! I just need to get home before I post
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:44 pm

strike wolf wrote:You mean Virus and doomyoshi? I've supported Virus for the most part. I have pointed out a couple of things but my reading on him has always been town. Doomyoshi is a legitimate cult possibility. Whatever we're close enough to mass claim anyways and I was dropping hints all day anyways.

I am Joseph Barnett-One shot vig/miller. Oh and this is me taking credit for the vig kill on Gregwolf.

Well, shit will hit the fan now. I have held back because my night one result was bogus. So I think my night two result is bogus as well. However, your claim confused me even more...basically you have no night action...but my info says otherwise. For now. unvote

I'd like to hear kratos case and I'm still at work.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:45 pm

If you investigated me last night I would have still had my night action.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby kratos644 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:53 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Yea, its the case for both days.

Okay. I'm going to Vote DoomYoshi and claim, too.

I am George Lusk and I am a jailkeeper. N1 I targeted DY thinking the roleblocking portion would not effect him because he has day actions. That was not the case. It is I who blocked DY on the first night though.

I now believe that DY was given a fake claim to use and seeing as Jack is our primary threat it isn't a stretch to believe he would be provided with a strong fake claim. From there, he could basically say he investigated anyone and it came up innocent on D1. Plenty of innocents to choose from and someone who isn't won't correct him anyway.

Also, with strikewolf claiming the kill on Greg, we see that Jack only got 1 kill so there is more reason to believe that Jack was roleblocked on N1.

As a result, I'm willing to believe DY is Jack and his daycop is a fake claim.
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:11 pm

unvote vote DoomYoshi
Major virus90

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:47 pm

strike wolf wrote:If you investigated me last night I would have still had my night action.

This is why I shouldn't post at work. I have no problem with Strike's claimed actions.

Quit voting you dummies! You're likely to get someone lynched!

Given that my N2 result was legitimate, I now think that my N1 result might have some merit. So, let's go down this rabbit hole...

But, first, I must eat...be back in a few hours.

Let's all unvote so we don't kill someone...although Doom may not be the worst kill...I would like to get my info out as well.

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:48 pm

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Neb (1) - ?
New Guy1 (1) - Strike wolf
Strike Wolf (1) - Hotshot53
DoomYoshi (2) - kratos644, virus90

Well.... I'm going to be honest with you all... I love that you have found a few things to talk about... However, I had already said the vote count would drop by one. So...

With 10 alive, it takes FOUR (4) to lynch!

If activity stays up, since you all seem to be rather involved, I won't drop the number anymore... You AT LEAST have until Friday before the number drops to three.
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby HotShot53 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:01 pm

kratos644 wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Yea, its the case for both days.

Okay. I'm going to Vote DoomYoshi and claim, too.

I am George Lusk and I am a jailkeeper. N1 I targeted DY thinking the roleblocking portion would not effect him because he has day actions. That was not the case. It is I who blocked DY on the first night though.

I now believe that DY was given a fake claim to use and seeing as Jack is our primary threat it isn't a stretch to believe he would be provided with a strong fake claim. From there, he could basically say he investigated anyone and it came up innocent on D1. Plenty of innocents to choose from and someone who isn't won't correct him anyway.

Also, with strikewolf claiming the kill on Greg, we see that Jack only got 1 kill so there is more reason to believe that Jack was roleblocked on N1.

As a result, I'm willing to believe DY is Jack and his daycop is a fake claim.

I actually believe DY's claim, being as he mentioned the opium preventing his role before I revealed that my bonus message for killing morarity was
that there was an opium cult.

The reason I think no-one died night one is that basically everyone targeted DY night one (with both killing and protecting powers), but jailkeeping him prevented him from dying. I am looking forward to hearing neb's information
Major HotShot53

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:14 pm

hmm... i had strike and virus both pegged as cops. My initial PM mentioned there would be lots of cops and that we would have to work together. Now that strike has claimed to be not a cop it makes me doubt my line on virus. Once again, virus is trying to get a fast kill on.

Yes, I'm a cultist.

Yes, the recruiter is dead.

I'm basically a useless third party now.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby nagerous on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:36 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:hmm... i had strike and virus both pegged as cops. My initial PM mentioned there would be lots of cops and that we would have to work together. Now that strike has claimed to be not a cop it makes me doubt my line on virus. Once again, virus is trying to get a fast kill on.

Yes, I'm a cultist.

Who was the recruiter?
Captain nagerous

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:hmm... i had strike and virus both pegged as cops. My initial PM mentioned there would be lots of cops and that we would have to work together. Now that strike has claimed to be not a cop it makes me doubt my line on virus. Once again, virus is trying to get a fast kill on.

Yes, I'm a cultist.

was Moriarty part of the cult?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:27 pm

LIVING
1) Nebuchadnezer - Detective Inspector Edmund Reid - Town tracker N1 - Hotshot (visited Doomyoshi), N2 - Strike Wolf (visited Gregwolf)
2) HotShot53 - Sherlock Holmes, masoned with Watson. Detective. N1 - Kratos (innocent). N2 - Nagerous (innocent)
3) strike wolf - Joseph Barnett - 1 shot vig/miller. N2 - vigged Gregwolf.
4) virus90 ??????
5) new guy1 - Prince Albert Victor - Governor
6) benga - Alfred Napier Blanchard - double voter.
7) Iron Butterfly - Sgt William Thick - bodyguard. N1 - Doomyoshi. N2 - Hotshot. Poisoned and will die N3, unless doctored.
9) kratos644 - George Lusk - Jailkeeper. N1 - doomyoshi. N2 - ????
11) DoomYoshi - Frederick Abberline - Day cop. D1 - Iron Butterfly (innocent). "drugged" after that. Now a cultist.
15) nagerous - ??????

DEAD
10) Metsfanmax - Peter Tennial
13) ga7 replaced by Metsfanmax - James Moriarty
14) Gregwolf121 - Mei Cheng
12) Safariguy5 - Dr. Montague John Druitt
8 ) FloresDelMal - William Henry Bury

There, player list updated...including my role and actions. So, given Hotshots claim, I was convinced that my Tracking was bogus. However, N2, my track was right on...which now leads me to believe that my N1 track may not have been off. However, if it was correct, that would make Hotshot a complete liar. Making his N1 action a recruit on Doom...however, being that Doom was jailed, then he would have not been recruited N2. However, he claimed to have no action on D2, which is inconsistent with being jailed and immune to actions on N1...which means that Kratos is the liar. Anyway, what I'm getting at is...I'd rather believe that Jack was able to confuse all players on N1, and therefore actions were not reliable for all, except maybe Hotshot...

Yes, I'm a cultist.

I think your message referred to the various "detectives" and "cops" in the game, such as myself and kratos...we need to use our information to get the real culprit.

I have virus listed as Hotshot's mason Dr. Watson...which leaves Nagerous as the only "unknown" (but being cleared), leaving us with no clear suspect. If Nagerous is Watson, then I would go after virus as Jack.

Doom...can you confirm when you were recruited?
HotShot53 wrote:I actually believe DY's claim, being as he mentioned the opium preventing his role before I revealed that my bonus message for killing morarity was that there was an opium cult.

The reason I think no-one died night one is that basically everyone targeted DY night one (with both killing and protecting powers), but jailkeeping him prevented him from dying. I am looking forward to hearing neb's information

Hotshot, I do NOT like your reasoning. I did not target Doom. My result says you did...however, you claim you did not target him, yet in this post you say "everyone targeted DY night one..." Also, had the killer targeted Doom, then Iron would be dead. Poor reasoning here. It was this type of posting that got you in trouble earlier in this game.

At this point, I just need to know who Nagerous is...then the pieces should start to fall into place...

That's all I've got.

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:28 pm

kratos...who did you jail last night?

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 pm

gregwolf was the recruiter... he recruited me last night and then died so we haven't spoken. I don't think anyone else is cult, and I have no idea about Moriarty. The reason I didn't have an investigation on D2 is that it was only a 2-shot and I wanted to save the shot for a more important time. I had a secondary ability which was investigating NKs. Since there were no kills on N1, I couldn't use that either. Right now, I have no ability at all.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby kratos644 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:kratos...who did you jail last night?

New guy
Major kratos644

Postby strike wolf on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:16 am

Unvote at least until we get things straightened out. So I really am not sure what happened night 1. It's possible that someone switched Doomyoshi and Kratos which would mean that Kratos is technically not clear but it still wouldn't explain why there was no kill night 1 unless Saf's action did work (switching Kratos and Doom could have even been a conscious attempt by mafia to get around the protection that would almost assuredly be placed on Doomyoshi). Even then it wouldn't explain Doom's lack of action night 1. It is possible this bus driver is now dead (Moriarty?). The fact is even if we assume that Neb's action list is correct and someone switched Doom and Kratos than someone here still appears to be lying. The simplest answer I can come up with is that Neb is lying. Neb is not a tracker and did not receive any results (but why lie? just to sew confusion?), Kratos targeted Doomyoshi, Neb is Jack. This doesn't support all of the facts. The other option is Neb is telling the truth. Someone did switch Doom and Kratos night 1, and possibly even tried to use the switch to kill Doomyoshi but was stopped because Safari targeted Kratos. This may be the more likely solution but it doesn't really point to a definitive candidate. Kratos could be a killer who was trying to take credit for Doomyoshi's lack of action by claiming Jailkeeper (this would pretty much assume that Kratos knew he had a busdrive going on to protect it), New guy could have done it, potentially even Neb could even do it and he's lying through truth by claiming an action he knew panned out that way. There is also still the possibility that Doomyoshi is lying (which fits more neatly into my cult tried to recruit Hotshot n2 which tipped him off to the cult's presence theory) and he was recruited night 1. If this is true than it is more likely he wasn't switched as Cult is more likely to go after town players than an unknown like Kratos. I should rest there is so many ins and outs that my mind is just not properly putting together right now.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby benga on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:04 am

vote nag

time to see what he has to say

who are you?
Sergeant benga

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 am

strike wolf wrote:Unvote at least until we get things straightened out. So I really am not sure what happened night 1. It's possible that someone switched Doomyoshi and Kratos which would mean that Kratos is technically not clear but it still wouldn't explain why there was no kill night 1 unless Saf's action did work (switching Kratos and Doom could have even been a conscious attempt by mafia to get around the protection that would almost assuredly be placed on Doomyoshi). Even then it wouldn't explain Doom's lack of action night 1. It is possible this bus driver is now dead (Moriarty?). The fact is even if we assume that Neb's action list is correct and someone switched Doom and Kratos than someone here still appears to be lying. The simplest answer I can come up with is that Neb is lying. Neb is not a tracker and did not receive any results (but why lie? just to sew confusion?), Kratos targeted Doomyoshi, Neb is Jack. This doesn't support all of the facts. The other option is Neb is telling the truth. Someone did switch Doom and Kratos night 1, and possibly even tried to use the switch to kill Doomyoshi but was stopped because Safari targeted Kratos. This may be the more likely solution but it doesn't really point to a definitive candidate. Kratos could be a killer who was trying to take credit for Doomyoshi's lack of action by claiming Jailkeeper (this would pretty much assume that Kratos knew he had a busdrive going on to protect it), New guy could have done it, potentially even Neb could even do it and he's lying through truth by claiming an action he knew panned out that way. There is also still the possibility that Doomyoshi is lying (which fits more neatly into my cult tried to recruit Hotshot n2 which tipped him off to the cult's presence theory) and he was recruited night 1. If this is true than it is more likely he wasn't switched as Cult is more likely to go after town players than an unknown like Kratos. I should rest there is so many ins and outs that my mind is just not properly putting together right now.

In the end, if we can't decide, Doomyoshi is the best lynch for us. I agree that N1 is a cluster*uck. I don't think we should try to make sense of it. In fact, I look back to the "play the mod" mafia where the "mod" caused everyone's N1 actions to be useless. We need to hear from Nagerous.

Postby HotShot53 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:17 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:LIVING
1) Nebuchadnezer - Detective Inspector Edmund Reid - Town tracker N1 - Hotshot (visited Doomyoshi), N2 - Strike Wolf (visited Gregwolf)
2) HotShot53 - Sherlock Holmes, masoned with Watson. Detective. N1 - Kratos (innocent). N2 - Nagerous (innocent)
3) strike wolf - Joseph Barnett - 1 shot vig/miller. N2 - vigged Gregwolf.
4) virus90 ??????
5) new guy1 - Prince Albert Victor - Governor
6) benga - Alfred Napier Blanchard - double voter.
7) Iron Butterfly - Sgt William Thick - bodyguard. N1 - Doomyoshi. N2 - Hotshot. Poisoned and will die N3, unless doctored.
9) kratos644 - George Lusk - Jailkeeper. N1 - doomyoshi. N2 - ????
11) DoomYoshi - Frederick Abberline - Day cop. D1 - Iron Butterfly (innocent). "drugged" after that. Now a cultist.
15) nagerous - ??????

DEAD
10) Metsfanmax - Peter Tennial
13) ga7 replaced by Metsfanmax - James Moriarty
14) Gregwolf121 - Mei Cheng
12) Safariguy5 - Dr. Montague John Druitt
8 ) FloresDelMal - William Henry Bury

There, player list updated...including my role and actions. So, given Hotshots claim, I was convinced that my Tracking was bogus. However, N2, my track was right on...which now leads me to believe that my N1 track may not have been off. However, if it was correct, that would make Hotshot a complete liar. Making his N1 action a recruit on Doom...however, being that Doom was jailed, then he would have not been recruited N2. However, he claimed to have no action on D2, which is inconsistent with being jailed and immune to actions on N1...which means that Kratos is the liar. Anyway, what I'm getting at is...I'd rather believe that Jack was able to confuse all players on N1, and therefore actions were not reliable for all, except maybe Hotshot...

Yes, I'm a cultist.

I think your message referred to the various "detectives" and "cops" in the game, such as myself and kratos...we need to use our information to get the real culprit.

I have virus listed as Hotshot's mason Dr. Watson...which leaves Nagerous as the only "unknown" (but being cleared), leaving us with no clear suspect. If Nagerous is Watson, then I would go after virus as Jack.

Doom...can you confirm when you were recruited?
HotShot53 wrote:I actually believe DY's claim, being as he mentioned the opium preventing his role before I revealed that my bonus message for killing morarity was that there was an opium cult.

Hotshot, I do NOT like your reasoning. I did not target Doom. My result says you did...however, you claim you did not target him, yet in this post you say "everyone targeted DY night one..." Also, had the killer targeted Doom, then Iron would be dead. Poor reasoning here. It was this type of posting that got you in trouble earlier in this game.

At this point, I just need to know who Nagerous is...then the pieces should start to fall into place...

That's all I've got.

Ahh... I was hoping you were a watcher and saw everyone who visited DY night one. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. As I had hinted at before when I guessed you thought you saw me at DY's, Sherlock Holmes is a master of disguises and so I and Dr. Watson appear to switch places at night. So it was really Dr. Watson who you tracked to DY's. And yes, you are correct that virus is Dr. Watson. I have no idea who nag is, other than I got the result of town from my investigation.

Now that everyone has claimed or been cleared, where to go next? I am guessing that "jack" was given an actual name and role for claiming purposes as was suggested before. So chances are he is one of the people that in real life was suspected of being jack, i.e. new guy or benga. Both of them have day roles.... so they are free to do other things at night. It's possible one of them is jack and the other is the poisoner. (Sorry IB, it was nice knowing you but we can't save you tonight unless maybe we find jack now).

Our only other option is lynching DY as a known third party, but since I think he's pretty harmless now (unless he became the poisoner after being recruited?) I will take the 50-50 chance of finding jack. As Benga was the first suspected, and hasn't contributed much this game, I'll go for him first. unvote vote benga
Major HotShot53

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:52 am

its either new guy, benga, or DY as jack, i think all others have claimed and are confirmed by there actions and results.
DY is likely recruited. and not the recruiter. I think gregwolf flipping a chinese name equals that he is indeed the recruiter. all others (DY) related to the gang will probably flip there original name. which means i believe DY is what he is.
new guy and benga have not been tracked watched jailed investigated or anything.
a few things can be said about both of them:
they both did not contribute much to the game. benga i dont know why, newguy got hit by RL.
both have claimed, but not verified by anyone, no tracking, no watching, protecting, jailing, or anything. (that i know of)
im not sure on who is what but both claims are... well weak. a double vote vs a safe someone from being lynched. both can be seen as maffia actions.

then the game: benga was the one who got the message from the note left (the nebudchannezer thing). was it because he was the one who wrote it?
for that speculation and it to be known that newguy was hit by real life i am more suspicious of benga.

sidenotes: who the hell poisoned kratos night 2, gregwolf was dead right? would kratos die instantly or get poisoned when the one he targeted would be targeted for a kill? jack killed safariguy, and strikewolf killed greg but was greg able to do something else or do we have another person killing/poisoning? (i hope you guys get my point since i know this sentence is a bit weird)
i think i can set up a scheme with all known / proven abilitys to guarentee a town win. We have so much tracking, protecting, researching etc known and confirmed that i think we could (and should?) coordinate things to pretty much make sure a town win.
Major virus90

Postby kratos644 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:04 am

As I said earlier, new guy was jailed last night. Unless we have a bus driver, new guy didn't kill anyone. That leaves Benga as a healthy target.

Also IB was poisoned not me
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:11 am

your right, used nebuds post to wright that message, and the n2 jail was not included there. and i meant IB but i tend to mix up names of people often... happened in many games already (jonty's, breaking bad) :P

well that leaves benga. still think we could coordinate our actions to get the most out of it.
Major virus90

Postby benga on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 am

HotShot53 wrote:

Now that everyone has claimed or been cleared, where to go next?

Our only other option is lynching DY as a known third party, but since I think he's pretty harmless now (unless he became the poisoner after being recruited?) I will take the 50-50 chance of finding jack. As Benga was the first suspected, and hasn't contributed much this game, I'll go for him first. unvote vote benga

How do you mean all have been cleared??

If anybody is cleared that's me.

You do the whole quote and out of all find me scummy, where you have virus and neb with ??

and virus tags along (is that again??)

eh need to go and re-read stuff
Sergeant benga

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives