Conquer Club

Emotions Mafia {6/10} GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Emotions Mafia {10/10} Day 1: Preperation

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Zivel wrote:I want to see what Drake flips, I dont like his claim. But I will hold out for a while on the L1... How long do we have?

Really? So what happens if there is a mafia doublevoter (Doubtful in a game this size, but that isn't the point) and votes you? All of a sudden your dead because you insisted to wait until L1.

I will put a vote on you if necessary. You seem really desperate not to claim to me.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Zivel on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:44 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
Zivel wrote:Where is it said they claim at L2

It's a protocol we use here at CC to insure no one gets speed hammered. I am not sure when it started but its how we do it. It prevents double voters and other instances.

This is different than the other game I played. I see your point, but it seems that we are not helping town by all claiming at L2 and letting them know our PR's etc. Surely if you are a PR then you would not claim it unless hammer was imminent as then you have given Mafia a strong target, so you are going to claim VT early, if you are about to be lynched by your townies then sure, claim a PR, but L2 is not close to lynch. I am thinking a mafia with double votes would not show themselves this early in the game to double vote a VT, they would to vote a PR though maybe. I also assume a Mafia would claim VT in this game as trying to claim any power role before a flip would be difficult due to not knowing the emotions etc. So any claim at this point in time would be a VT claim, unless hammer is imminent and a PR was claimed.

Drake claim a VT, he claimed it on L2, and on day one. To me this seems early with my limited experience and what I have stated above and that is why I put him on L2. I am not sure if that is cool on this site but it is what I did. Now should I unvote? well we are very close to night, and I would like to see a lynch rather than a no lynch for information.

No on me claiming What would town gain if I claimed VT? What would they gain if I claimed a PR? Surely then mafia would kill me. I am happy to run the risk of a double vote being pulled out this early againist me giving the scum more information about where our PR's sit.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:02 am

Zivel wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:
Zivel wrote:Where is it said they claim at L2

It's a protocol we use here at CC to insure no one gets speed hammered. I am not sure when it started but its how we do it. It prevents double voters and other instances.

This is different than the other game I played. I see your point, but it seems that we are not helping town by all claiming at L2 and letting them know our PR's etc. Surely if you are a PR then you would not claim it unless hammer was imminent as then you have given Mafia a strong target, so you are going to claim VT early, if you are about to be lynched by your townies then sure, claim a PR, but L2 is not close to lynch. I am thinking a mafia with double votes would not show themselves this early in the game to double vote a VT, they would to vote a PR though maybe. I also assume a Mafia would claim VT in this game as trying to claim any power role before a flip would be difficult due to not knowing the emotions etc. So any claim at this point in time would be a VT claim, unless hammer is imminent and a PR was claimed.

Drake claim a VT, he claimed it on L2, and on day one. To me this seems early with my limited experience and what I have stated above and that is why I put him on L2. I am not sure if that is cool on this site but it is what I did. Now should I unvote? well we are very close to night, and I would like to see a lynch rather than a no lynch for information.

No on me claiming What would town gain if I claimed VT? What would they gain if I claimed a PR? Surely then mafia would kill me. I am happy to run the risk of a double vote being pulled out this early againist me giving the scum more information about where our PR's sit.

It may be because I am tired but you arent making much sense to me. Could you give me a TL;DR version of this? lol

You softclaimed PR, then you softclaimed VT. What the hell are you? lol

People (including myself) will start voting you as we get nearer the deadline. Seriously man it's best to claim if you're at L2. As IB pointed out it's protocol here on CC, generally speaking.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Zivel on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 am

The pressure cracks me.... not sure how much help it is but I am a VT, happiness (This is why I question Anger). When in Rome and all that.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby drake_259 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 am

Well if this is true, it breaks my theory, so depending what the other guys roles are, by your roles hopefully yous will have a better understanding the set up of the roles.

Anyway I love the way you kept soft claiming Pro Town and really try to avoid claiming. When you finally manage to you come out with VT. As you said yourself best lynch a VT than no one.

Not that i agree with this reasoning but you have made a few scum moves and trying to avoid claiming quite badly as i'm guessing you knew how it turned be claiming VT and you didn't want that on you either.

I can't say on an outside point of few, but you submarining, saying you would put something across after a read and not doing so until pushed with votes and after refusing to claim i would say you have been much scummier than my making people talk.
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Corporal drake_259

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:22 am

drake_259 wrote:Well if this is true, it breaks my theory, so depending what the other guys roles are, by your roles hopefully yous will have a better understanding the set up of the roles.

Anyway I love the way you kept soft claiming Pro Town and really try to avoid claiming. When you finally manage to you come out with VT. As you said yourself best lynch a VT than no one.

Not that i agree with this reasoning but you have made a few scum moves and trying to avoid claiming quite badly as i'm guessing you knew how it turned be claiming VT and you didn't want that on you either.

I can't say on an outside point of few, but you submarining, saying you would put something across after a read and not doing so until pushed with votes and after refusing to claim i would say you have been much scummier than my making people talk.

My vote still stands. Zivel is by far the scummiest for everything stated.

Claiming happiness means nothing as well. One can interpret it in a variety of ways. He could be scum trying to discredit you, he could be VT and telling the truth. Happiness and Anger are both basic human emotions.

We should not however be playing the mod. First and foremost this is a mafia game meaning there are roles. The story adds flavor but should not dictate the roles. Trying to figure out who is who by trying to figure out the games flavor can be dangerous if not impossible.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:08 pm

VOTE COUNT

jonty125 ~
NoSurvivors ~
TheForgivenOne ~
pancakemix ~
MudPuppy ~
Whatsausage ~
virus90
Iron Butterfly ~ virus90 (L5)
Zivel ~ Whatsausage, drake, IB, pcm (L2)
drake_259 ~ NoS; jonty125; MP; TFO, Zivel (L1)

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch successfully.

Day ends on March 16th, 7:55pm

Under 7 hours left! If votes are not reached, no lynch will be made.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby virus90 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:29 pm

well everyone is voting on 1 of the 2 targets. i feel the peer presure :P
if it means i have to choose between these 2 targets, as said when i voted IB i would be o.k. voting drake. I know its not good to play the mod but his claim is a worse emotion... worst case scenario lose a towny. I think it is more important to lynch someone then to not lynch. because no majority means no lynch (see message above mine).
Major virus90

Postby drake_259 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm

virus90 wrote:well everyone is voting on 1 of the 2 targets. i feel the peer presure :P
if it means i have to choose between these 2 targets, as said when i voted IB i would be o.k. voting drake. I know its not good to play the mod but his claim is a worse emotion... worst case scenario lose a towny. I think it is more important to lynch someone then to not lynch. because no majority means no lynch (see message above mine).

Erm worse case scenario we lose a townine which ever one you vote for. You are now just repeating what been kept said about me, You gotta remember Zivel has also claimed VT so you can't just say this about me and shug him off.

So solely going to be voting me for me being Anger, Nice, What have i actually really done that puts me in your lynching book, Creating convo? if thats scum in your books then everyone must be scum.
Tournament Sign Ups:
Corporal drake_259

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:22 pm

virus90 wrote:well everyone is voting on 1 of the 2 targets. i feel the peer presure :P

Take away the emotions.

You have two VT.

Who has played and given more scum tells? Drakes crime was that he was the first player that we could latch onto to force a claim. His scum tell was minuscule at best. It was all we had at that moment.

Zivel has run the gamut with scum tells.

Your basing your you choice on what you think the mod has in mind flavor wise.

I am basing my vote on who i see has played scummier.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 pm

If we're gonna gamble, I'd lynch drake. Zivel's claim could easily be fake... but I think the scummarining charge against him is overblown at best; I don't see the clear-cut scum read on him that IB does.

While I understand it should not be relied on and could be misleading, I think flavor is a factor that can and should be considered... especially on D1 when we have yet to get any info on roles. My drake vote stands.

Side note: A Google search of "scummarining" returns only CC-related posts.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby virus90 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:43 pm

your right zivel seems to be scummier, rereading makes that clear, and to be honest VT or VT does not matter much,
so vote zivel but you need someone else to switch as well else it not gonna work.
Major virus90

Postby Zivel on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:54 pm

You guys dont have long to make a decision here, you have the information from my flip, I still question Drakes honesty. But I think town needs a flip to work out these emotions a bit more. So whens the deadline?
Sergeant Zivel

Postby Whatsausage on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Well I am going to be unavailable from now until the deadline. I am not going to flip, for the reasons stated of zivel having done more scummy things in the game than drake. While I don't agree with what drake was saying very much in his case against MP, I don't he was doing it with scummy intentions. He was trying to contribute to what little we had, while zivel was avoiding picking fights. My vote stays on zivel, and I hope when I can get back to my computer he has been lynched and we can gain some information.

I don't however believe that we can infer too much from the relation between our lynchee's role and flavor. The mod isn't likely to make it that simple, as emotions can mean such different things in different situations. Take happiness for example. It is generally seen as a good emotion, and good is usually thought of with pro-town, but that doesn't mean it lines up in this game. Someone could be "happy" with killing, and then happiness is an anti-town role. I'm sure you will find that you can do this with most of the emotions you can think of.
Captain Whatsausage

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Zivel wrote:You guys dont have long to make a decision here, you have the information from my flip, I still question Drakes honesty. But I think town needs a flip to work out these emotions a bit more. So whens the deadline?

Well, this may do more with my being overly tired today and less patient today.... but we've got about four hours left 'til the 7:55pm deadline.... a deadline that's been restated about 7 times over 10 pages. Whether town or scum, it frustrates me that you can't look that information up on your own and makes me question your ability/willingness to do any quality analysis. I'll give it another hour or two to see if anyone else checks in but I'm just about ready to flip my vote despite by scumdar remaining silent when pointed Zivel's way.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby drake_259 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm

MudPuppy wrote:
Zivel wrote:You guys dont have long to make a decision here, you have the information from my flip, I still question Drakes honesty. But I think town needs a flip to work out these emotions a bit more. So whens the deadline?

Well, this may do more with my being overly tired today and less patient today.... but we've got about four hours left 'til the 7:55pm deadline.... a deadline that's been restated about 7 times over 10 pages. Whether town or scum, it frustrates me that you can't look that information up on your own and makes me question your ability/willingness to do any quality analysis. I'll give it another hour or two to see if anyone else checks in but I'm just about ready to flip my vote despite by scumdar remaining silent when pointed Zivel's way.

Could i ask why you think i'm more scum than zivel. Before you said you believed i wasn't but voted me as you wanted some information from a claim. I'm just a little bit unsure about your reasoning so could you just clarify this for me.
Tournament Sign Ups:
Corporal drake_259

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:38 pm

drake_259 wrote:Could i ask why you think i'm more scum than zivel. Before you said you believed i wasn't but voted me as you wanted some information from a claim. I'm just a little bit unsure about your reasoning so could you just clarify this for me.

I'd still put a 70%+ town read on you... but I'm not sure: I've been generally satisfied with your answers to our push. The VT Anger claim doesn't make sense based on my preconceived notions of the flavor... but I'm certainly open to that being a real character... in fact, with all the other options open to you for a fake claim, I feel you're probably telling the truth... either that or it was a very bold lie (and a nice one).

On the Zivel side of the coin, however, I just never bought into the scummarining claim. Perhaps its too subtle for me as a new player to pick up on but I am content with Zivel's response as well. I just didn't think Zivel's lack of involvement followed by an accusation against you was much different than jonty's behavior so far in this game (I could be wrong there as I want to check my notes on that but I don't have time at the moment and want to provide you with a reply). As noted by someone else (virus, I think), the jump on Zivel happened a bit fast and, to me, seemed a bit sketchy. One theory I have, is the Zivel bandwagon MAY have been orchestrated to distract us from you, if you are scum and your scum buddies wanted to take action before you were lynched, which is the clear direction I felt the vote was headed. I think my theory is a bit of a stretch... as reflected in my willingness to flip my vote from you to Zivel... but the possibility of it still adds a bit of potential scumminess to my read of you.

Basically it comes down to me having two mostly town reads on the two folks who claimed. However, Zivel, while I'm frustrated with his lack of participation, just never really hit my radar as scum. I read him as a player who is busy with school and just not as involved with the game as most of the others... which to me makes him more expendable than you, IF you're both town. My slightly more scum read on you offsets your increased usefulness.

So, I really don't know what to do and am kinda hoping someone else comes in before the deadline and flips their vote to let me off the hook ;). The third option, of course, is to not lynch today... which I'm still considering as well.

I hope that makes sense as it was a less thought out response than I would have preferred... but I'm off to work on a project and will check back in again a little later in hopes that someone has already flipped their vote and ended the day... otherwise I'll need to come to a decision.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:12 pm

103 mins to deadline. Zivel and drake at L1
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Alright... with under half an hour to go, I guess it's on me. Thanks guys. :P
Unvote Vote Zivel... I hope the scum reads on you are correct... and I'm sorry if they're not.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Zivel on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

If no one else comes on then you have two options, change ya vote and lynch me or no lynch.

What you said about me was dead on. I am not putting as much into this game as possible due to my real life commitments. I would like to see a lynch but I know that there is no information to be gained by lynching me, therefore I want to see a Drake lynch. A no lynch means we don't see his flip which I would love to see but it does mean we don't lose a town. It also balances the numbers in towns favour as having odd numbers works for town. The next lynch will be at five and having nine playing instead of eight means the number of town vs scum are better.

I am not self hammering as that is anti town so I am for a no lynch if nothing changes.
Sergeant Zivel

Postby Zivel on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Well my post came in to late. You fast posted over me and I didn't see it. Thanks guys for the game. Sorry I was not able to give as much to it as I wanted. I would of done the same in your position MP so good luck on your scum hunting
Sergeant Zivel

Postby jak111 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:08 pm

VOTE COUNT

jonty125 ~
NoSurvivors ~
TheForgivenOne ~
pancakemix ~
MudPuppy ~
Whatsausage ~
virus90
Iron Butterfly ~
Zivel ~ Whatsausage, drake, IB, pcm, virus90, MP LYNCHED
drake_259 ~ NoS; jonty125;TFO, Zivel (L1)

SUCCESSFUL LYNCH MADE, (you guys are gonna wish I was strict on virus90's no unvote).

The day presses on for Nathan as his emotions fight within his own mind. Some emotions are a little less active than others in the beginning, causing the rest to begin teaming up on one lone emotion.

Happiness is overwhelmed by emotions (HAHAHAHA) as he is erased from Nathan's mind.

Zivel: Happiness ~ VT has been lynched!

However, the killing of Happiness has triggered an unsuspected side effect, one that might cost the uncorrupted emotions more than they believe.

NoSurvivors: Envy ~ Doctor/Lover has killed himself over the loss of Happiness.

With Happiness and Envy gone, Nathan's emotions begin to take a darker side.

However, Happiness' death has another unforeseen consequence for the corrupted emotions with all the emotions gathering around together for the night, the corrupted emotions will not be able to go in for a kill.

Nathan goes to sleep; Time; February 1st, 10:30pm GMT, having collected the supplies for his visit to Sochi.

NIGHT BEGINS, 48 HOURS TO SEND IN ACTIONS! NO LATE ACTIONS ACCEPTED!
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Emotions Mafia {8/10} Night 1: There Goes Happy

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 pm

damn too late lol. gla!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Night ends, but no posting till scene (sometime this evening)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

As Nathan rests, all is quiet in Nathan's mind.

During the morning of February 2nd, 9:15am GMT, the emotions in Nathan's head awake to the suicide of Guilt.

Nathan purchases the ticket for Sochi, Russia. Boarding this afternoon he will be on his way to the city to survey the area. Three days from now he will go and pick up his supplies in Alder.

DAY 2 BEGINS

VOTE COUNT

jonty125
TheForgivenOne
pancakemix
MudPuppy
Whatsausage
virus90
Iron Butterfly
drake_259

With 8 alive, it takes only 5 to lynch!
Highest Rank: