Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia 48 hours to pm Role Choice. 10/5 17:00cc

Postby mtamburini on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:29 pm

#Vote CPR Doctor
Sergeant mtamburini

Re: PYP~Mafia Ban phase is live! Ban phase ends 10/3 17:00

Postby charm on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Streaker wrote:
charm wrote:I'll put my vote on NRA or Assassin No need to state why - you guys already know the why!

Between NRA and assassin, you chose Assassin to vote? That's probably the most scummy thing so far, so

Unvote, vote charm

Assassin is only worth something when they now a LOT of information. When there are this many free kill roles for mafia, voting assassin is only going to help mafia in my perspective. Mafia would need 2 of their members to get these specific roles (assassin and investigation role) to get a kill. Then they need both to stay alive.

I doubt you'd be stupid enough to actually try this when you are mafia, but then again in the last game i played here... (I won't use this as an argument for my vote, just saying).

Also, I find the lack of voting in the other thread disturbing so close to deadline.

Can we get at least a vote count in the role voting thread, Storr?

@Streaker - whatever!! =;
NRA was definitely going to get banned, so I chose Assassin to give some traction on another role. I had a busy afternoon and thought the vote was mandatory, so I chose something!
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby Streaker on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:18 am

Charm, your action could give mafia the option to hop on your 'traction' and get assassin crossed out instead of some of the real threats to town.
There were at least 4 roles that HAD to be banned, and a few (2-3) that was a difficult guess. You could have chosen anyone of the 5 other very good options that were not sure to make the list.

Now, our business today is also about finding a lynch. If I see something scummy i'll chase it... Mostly on D1 it's a random lynch anyway, now we actually have some information by all those votes.
And that vote of yours IS scummy.

My vote stays.
Captain Streaker

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:27 am

Reminder Please submit via pm what role you would like. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 1 officially starts at 17:00 the 5th
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Correction idk what im drinking. Everyone has till the 5th, 24 hours from now to submit their roles (no restrictions on talking )
sorry for rushing some of you. Role pms out tomorrow
Major StorrZerg

Postby charm on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Streaker - you sure are quick to try and say I'm scummy! I know you haven't played with me before, but you will quickly learn that this early in the game I haven't given you anything that would state I'm scummy. I'm just not a very good player. In fact I was going to hang up my mafia game hat, but it's addicting. Anyways, you just do what you think you need to do and I'll think happy thoughts about you. Maybe, you need some sunshine, rainbows, and butterflies to dance around your head!! \:D/
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby crasp on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:24 am

Charm at her very best i am afarid. Maverick voting and talking schect. Dosent mean she is scum but sure as hell doesent clear her either. Problem is that her play throws up a smoke screen that allows mafia to hide in. This isnt so much of a problem early doors but complicates things in the final stages. Personally I am not going to get sucked into it this time around. Love charm to bits but in mafia she can be a huge PITA.
PS. Back on the big screen and have caught up. Reading those big posts on a phone just isnt funny. :evil:
Sergeant crasp

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Role pms are going out now. Day 1 will start as soon as all role pms are out.
Major StorrZerg

Postby virus90 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:41 pm

the momet of truth... is it gonna be my choice or VT for the game...
Major virus90

Postby Whatsausage on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:55 pm

charm wrote:NRA was definitely going to get banned, so I chose Assassin to give some traction on another role. I had a busy afternoon and thought the vote was mandatory, so I chose something!

How'd that turn out for ya?
Captain Whatsausage

Re: PYP~Mafia 48 hours Roles are being handed out now.

Postby strike wolf on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Thieves! Burgling hobbitses. They stoles the precious! Nast mean little hobbitses.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby StorrZerg on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:11 pm

All role pms are out. Day 1 Is a go

You wake up to find StorrZerg's lifeless body, along side That of a Flamewheel And ver

Who could have done this monstrosity, death by pin cushions must have been awful!

show

71 hours To Figure out who to lynch. Day ends 10/8 17:00 cc
Please vote in the voting thread
Major StorrZerg

Postby Whatsausage on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:05 pm

strike wolf wrote:Thieves! Burgling hobbitses. They stoles the precious! Nast mean little hobbitses.

Not sure if vanilla softclaim or nothing...

Also, the mod has been killed, so that means no rules right? ;)
Captain Whatsausage

Postby charm on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Whatsausage wrote:
charm wrote:NRA was definitely going to get banned, so I chose Assassin to give some traction on another role. I had a busy afternoon and thought the vote was mandatory, so I chose something!

Like I said, I'm not that good at this game! Regardless, it worked out fine because other roles were banned that should have been. Now since you are harping on that and the NRA wasn't banned, I'm assumming that is the role you chose, eh?

By the way, I'm looking for Chorizo Mexican Sausage (preferably made by Cacique Co) in Cocoa Beach, FL - Whatsausage, I thought you would know where I can score it! You should see me cook up sausage - yummy! :lol:
Corporal 1st Class charm

Re: PYP~Mafia Day 1 Start. Didn't get a role pm? Msg me

Postby Killuminati19 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:16 pm

So what did you decide on djfireside? Prince of darkness? A lot of new faces in here. Is it virus90's M.O. to declare himself town at the start of the game?
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:23 am

charm wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:

Like I said, I'm not that good at this game! Regardless, it worked out fine because other roles were banned that should have been. Now since you are harping on that and the NRA wasn't banned, I'm assumming that is the role you chose, eh?

By the way, I'm looking for Chorizo Mexican Sausage (preferably made by Cacique Co) in Cocoa Beach, FL - Whatsausage, I thought you would know where I can score it! You should see me cook up sausage - yummy! :lol:

And now rolefishing as well?

Dunno if my pre-day start vote counted, but

Vote charm
Captain Streaker

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:27 am

Didn't see the vote thread, so I put my vote up there as well.
Captain Streaker

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:25 am

Whatsausage wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Thieves! Burgling hobbitses. They stoles the precious! Nast mean little hobbitses.

Not sure if vanilla softclaim or nothing...

Also, the mod has been killed, so that means no rules right? ;)

If it is, it's not very soft :P

And now rolefishing as well?

Methinks you're reading waaay too much into this. To me (and to others) Assassin was a good ban choice. I'm not sure why you're harping charm so much over it.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby virus90 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:37 am

@ killuminate whats M.O. ?
and have you ever seen someone claim maffia at the beginning of a game ? :lol:

@ streaker & charm.
if whatsausage is NRA member it would be the joke of the century he was 13th in pickorder that would mean that noone chose it before him

@whatsausage / pancakemix
it should not be such a big surprise that strikewolf is VT (if he is). he was 19th in the draft. try picking something that has not been taken yet then. i bet you all that in the end we are gonna have a laugh at some of the very big roles left open since we all dodged that because we thought someone else had picked it.
Major virus90

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 am

How is assassin a good choice? You need exact information (thus 2 mafia players having assassin and an investigative role) for it to be effective. Mind that you can't afford to gamble, as you only get your knife back when successfull.

There are a good number of more effective killing roles to ban.
And now NRA is in the game, hopefully in town hands.

Yes, I would have rather seen it banned. Yes, I 'blame' charm for this, partially. I also am looking to all players not voting for role bans.
I'm not a very good player myself, but on D1 you gotta go at the slightest hint of scum. There's just not much else, is there?

FP'd by virus
Captain Streaker

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:41 am

And to DJFIRESIDE:

I'm still curious to my previous question: DID you pick (1) (1)?
Captain Streaker

Postby virus90 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:47 am

the NRA member topic:
it should have been banned. everyone knew it. its a terrible role which is great for mafia and evn in the hands of town pretty disasterous.
why: because even if its owned by a town person it means that possibly other townies are gonna visit him/her by night and get killed. the odds are just so big.

if its in maffia hands. the owner will not easily be discovered as mafia because anyone visiting him will die. also we probably wont have a clue who is NRA member if maffia because the only way i can think of by knowing who went where is by saying it before hand, which kind of takes away a big part of the tactics... so it should have been gone, seriously...
Major virus90

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:48 am

pancakemix wrote:Methinks you're reading waaay too much into this. To me (and to others) Assassin was a good ban choice. I'm not sure why you're harping charm so much over it.

This is what makes me conflicted about it. To some extent there's a groupthink involved in mafia, and the legitimacy of a choice goes up in a player's mind if someone else also has that choice. As was pointed out by myself and others, assassin was definitely not more dangerous than at least three of the four roles we banned, and I thought it was still less dangerous than Godfather and one or two other roles (e.g. Politician). I was suspicious of anyone pushing it, but it's harder to 'blame' someone when multiple people have the same (wrong) idea. That being said, if D1 is 72 hours long, we get essentially one wagon, and we can't waste too much time. With 21 players, perhaps we have to take the risk?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:01 am

How is assassin a good choice? You need exact information (thus 2 mafia players having assassin and an investigative role) for it to be effective. Mind that you can't afford to gamble, as you only get your knife back when successfull.

You're joking right? Alignment is half the battle, and mafia would have that spotted for them. Once somebody claims, that's it. They're a target. That's not very useful in the hands of town maybe, but for the mafia, that's terrifying.

This is what makes me conflicted about it. To some extent there's a groupthink involved in mafia, and the legitimacy of a choice goes up in a player's mind if someone else also has that choice. As was pointed out by myself and others, assassin was definitely not more dangerous than at least three of the four roles we banned, and I thought it was still less dangerous than Godfather and one or two other roles (e.g. Politician). I was suspicious of anyone pushing it, but it's harder to 'blame' someone when multiple people have the same (wrong) idea. That being said, if D1 is 72 hours long, we get essentially one wagon, and we can't waste too much time. With 21 players, perhaps we have to take the risk?

I'd say that's a matter of opinion. Say if the mafia has a Hero and he uses his power. You know what you do? You vig him. I'd have rather had the NRA OR the Assassin over the Hero banned, but I only have one vote, and I based my vote off of experience with a role as I have seen it elsewhere (GoT). The same goes for charm: this is pretty typical behavior for her. It's a goose chase. I'm not concerned.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby crasp on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:14 am

@ Virus. MO. Modus operandi. or usual behaviour. basically this is what i said about Charm, this is how she usually plays.

Way i see this town are at a huge disadvantage here. if all our top guys, basically first 5 or 6 have taken the plumb roles then that is exactly where mafia will go first. They will know who up there isnt scum while we dont. Yes we might be able to protect some of them but not them all and how would we know we arent protecting mafia.
Flip side is none of those guys can claim VT without ;ooking very suspicious and if we reveal a power role then we will know who to protect, watch whatever.Beauty is that any scum hiding in there are going to have a real hard time. they will have to try and claim a lesser role as the good ones will be out, and why would you pick a reaaly minor role if you were up there. If they try and caim one of the medium roles chances are it is out.
For me the starting point is up there. Let me know your thoughts people.
Sergeant crasp

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives