Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia Day 1 ends 10/8 1700 cc

Postby mtamburini on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 pm

And since I wanted a different role then that one I wanted it banned, storr sent me a msg that ban phase was going on and i got it late and just went in the thread and voted for it. Didnt even know there was a voting thread either
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Whatsausage wrote:@mtam, you never answered my question. I suppose I understand since you are at the center of everything, but here it is again. Why did you vote for CPR doctor to be banned (at the top of page 7)?

And since voting is compulsory, I better vote now so I don't forget tomorrow
Right now I am going to vote no lynch because it is too soon to make an informed decision on hotshot vs mtam vs dj. And as for Iron Butterfly... Why? Just because we have the power to lynch? What are we really going to gain from that? He is an inactive for whatever reason. If he is scumarrizing, then that is what it is. But it seems to me he just isn't around for the game at all. We would gain much more from a replacement (probably vanilla, probably town) than basically a blind kill

fpd by mtam

I think scummarining is a real possibility because he was posting in strike wolf's mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby charm on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:01 pm

The conversation has been very interesting. Super happy to see MTam in his typical groove. Based on all the communication thus far and how sick I am of hearing about the NRA Member, I am cool if we switch to lynching from the bottom of the group or 1 that didn't vote.

If we stick to the top of the list then I'm inclined to want to lynch HotShot - I just don't believe all this BS on the NRA role and #3 is my favorite number so might as well attack that!

As forthe bottom of the list - Pancake has not talked much which leads me to think he is scummy or maybe he had something going on and I missed that post. IronButterfly would be another one I would think we should look at.

So, can the town people please put their 2 cents in and lets decide top, bottom, or the no vote on ban list to go after.

FP'd by Mets
Corporal 1st Class charm

Postby mtamburini on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Whatsausage wrote:@mtam, you never answered my question. I suppose I understand since you are at the center of everything, but here it is again. Why did you vote for CPR doctor to be banned (at the top of page 7)?

Right now I am going to vote no lynch because it is too soon to make an informed decision on hotshot vs mtam vs dj. And as for Iron Butterfly... Why? Just because we have the power to lynch? What are we really going to gain from that? He is an inactive for whatever reason. If he is scumarrizing, then that is what it is. But it seems to me he just isn't around for the game at all. We would gain much more from a replacement (probably vanilla, probably town) than basically a blind kill

fpd by mtam

I think scummarining is a real possibility because he was posting in strike wolf's mafia.

Are you still on about me?
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:40 pm

mtamburini wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Mtam does have a few points though he isn't likely to win people over by insulting their intellectual capabilities and in case he didn't understand that. Mtam you're being an idiot if you think people are going to respond to what you say positively when you call them idiots.

Hotshot would be the safe lynch right now but i am not sure he is the right lynch. I don't see him lying that there is an NRA agent out there as mafia or town (as someone else pointed out there is some risk where if he was lying he could be caught day 1 and doesn't factor in possibility of vig kills if we don't follow Mtam's plan to lynch him) which just makes the fact that DJ and Mtam are not coming forward saying they are NRA seem more suspect. I will say this to both of them now, if either of you are NRA and trying to hide that, this is the time to come forward and say so.

Hear to hunt scum, Im a alone wolf looking for people to join me in my quest. Thus far I want you charm and crasp in my corner, im coming around on grt I like the posts hes done today.

I could come around off hotshot and go onto other people if a case is provided against them. One of my other suspects is jonty for his piss poor reasoning for voting today. Thoughts?

I would say I have town vibes about Charm as well and Metsfan. I have mixed feelings about Aage but more town than scum so far. I still don't like zivel but don't have anything new to add to that case nor do I feel it is the right case to pursue in the current situation. As far as Whatsausage, if he posted it as those who chose scum roles claiming at first, I probably wouldn't have voted and I will unvote him in favor of someone else later on but who remains seen.

As far as you, DJ and Hotshot are concerned, my lynch order would probably be:

1. DJ
2. Hotshot
3. you.

DJ seems the most likely to be lying and the most grievous if he is lying. I repeat that if either you or DJ are the NRA Member and are lying for any reason, this is the time to come clean. At this point, I wouldn't vote to lynch the NRA, just because he's the NRA Member. Earlier was mostly just me prodding the hornet's nest/willing to vote off a lurking NRA agent but with you becoming more active and other scenarios changing, hanging onto that statement doesn't work any more.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby dd515087 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 pm

mtamburini wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

fpd by mtam

I think he was talking about Iron Butterfly. As for the why we might want to vote him @mtam and @whatsausage, because he is quiet and not helping us find mafia. Maybe he is just inactive, but if he is posting elsewhere why not at least post here and give us his thoughts on everything?
Cook dd515087

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:40 pm

I'll second that - would be good to hear from mtamburini especially as he is likely to have a good role

I dislike this turn of phrase. It sounds like "I want to know his role to see if he is worth offing".

I believe it is likely that Hotshot is telling the truth, as if the scenario was that neither DJ nor mtam picked NRA, it would be likely someone else further down the draft would of picked it, and therefore they would call Hotshot out for saying he attempted to draft NRA (because the person lower down the draft would of got NRA). We also have a claim from Hotshot so I don't see the value in pressuring him. I asked random.org to pick a liar to pressure between mtam & DJ. It picked mtam, so my vote goes on mtam.

The problem is you can't even rule the latter scenario out because people have threatened to lynch the damn NRA regardless. I think the more reasonable explanation is HotShot is trying to make a mess.

@mtam: You are very repetitive.

As I said before, I am a vanilla townie... while my death wouldn't be disastrous for town, it also would prevent protection and investigative roles from visiting either mtam or dj, since either could be the NRA member. However, if one of you is lynched, then either we lynch the NRA member, where it is safe to protect/investigate the other, or we lynch the wrong person and then the other is the NRA member and should be avoided at night.

I feel like you're misunderstanding what a VT does: they attract attention for the night so the PRs stay safe from kills. You're... not doing that. You're trying to get one of these two lynched on the principle of their role.

@mtam: You are very repetitive.

jwiedlin wrote:I've also put my vote on Iron Butterfly (for now) to avoid a mislynch of the top three drafters.

A lot of powers can come into play night one / day two to clear up the mess on the top three drafters. Lynching one of these three right now leaves a lot room for a mistake to be made. For all we know, mtam, dj, and hotshot could all be town.

@mtam, I don't agree with jonty's reasoning, but I don't think he is completely out of line.

Have an opinion, dammit. A HotShot lynch is either a minor loss or a huge gain. One of them is lying, and therefore is probably scum. Period. Your wishy-washy attitude is not unnoticed.

I came to the conclusion that HotShot was BSing before I got to the part where mtam proposed it. So I'm voting HotShot. It'll tell us what we need to know about one of the two, and I don't think we're necessarily locked into pursuing one of them tomorrow.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Killuminati19 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm voting no lynch for the time being. If I decide to vote someone, I'm leaning towards Iron Butterfly. I would rather lynch an inactive, especially one who supposedly posts elsewhere. I would like dj to come in here and help sort out the top 3 business.

@ mtam
I think you're reaching claiming a scum slip from hotshot. There's too much uncertainty here and not enough to go on for a lynch in the top 3 right now.

@ Charm
Quit buttering up to mtam
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

I'll vote hotshot. I still have am a bit hesitant about him being the one to lynch of the three but he makes more sense than IB imo right now. I'd at least want to first see how IB responds to a prod before I really get behind that case. In the meantime, the Hotshot, DJ and Mtam scenario is going to continue until one of them is proven the liar and with the threat of NRA looming over them, few if any will be brave enough to try to figure it out by night action.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Killuminati19 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:57 pm

I think DJ's silence is looking most scummy of the three.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:59 pm

I'd also like to note that I am getting a lot of scum vibes from DD515.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby mtamburini on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Killuminati19 wrote:I'm voting no lynch for the time being. If I decide to vote someone, I'm leaning towards Iron Butterfly. I would rather lynch an inactive, especially one who supposedly posts elsewhere. I would like dj to come in here and help sort out the top 3 business.

@ mtam
I think you're reaching claiming a scum slip from hotshot. There's too much uncertainty here and not enough to go on for a lynch in the top 3 right now.

@ Charm
Quit buttering up to mtam

I like butter and I like women, its going to be a good night phase lets make it last as long as possible what do you say charm ;-)
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:02 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'd also like to note that I am getting a lot of scum vibes from DD515.

I love you be my best friend.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:06 pm

pancakemix wrote:
I feel like you're misunderstanding what a VT does: they attract attention for the night so the PRs stay safe from kills. You're... not doing that. You're trying to get one of these two lynched on the principle of their role.

No... I know that one of them is lying, which means that whoever has the NRA member is probably scum. I haven't seen any other cases on probable scum that seems worth pursuing at this point. I would like to lynch the scum NRA member, so that the other top role picker can be investigated and/or protected without risk. If I am lynched instead, that means that if the NRA is scum and the other is a non-scum, and mafia can take out the top town role without risk of him being protected. (Or they could always both be scum, which is why mtam jumped on me instead of Dj...)

Honestly, I really would like to hear more from Dj... he has been very very quiet. I don't know which is more scummy now, mtam and his blustery over-the-top posting now that he's woken up, or Dj's very limited participation. I am still leaning more towards mtam at the moment though.
Major HotShot53

Postby dd515087 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:22 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'd also like to note that I am getting a lot of scum vibes from DD515.

I'm offended. Care to elaborate?
Cook dd515087

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:25 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

No... I know that one of them is lying, which means that whoever has the NRA member is probably scum. I haven't seen any other cases on probable scum that seems worth pursuing at this point. I would like to lynch the scum NRA member, so that the other top role picker can be investigated and/or protected without risk. If I am lynched instead, that means that if the NRA is scum and the other is a non-scum, and mafia can take out the top town role without risk of him being protected. (Or they could always both be scum, which is why mtam jumped on me instead of Dj...)

Honestly, I really would like to hear more from Dj... he has been very very quiet. I don't know which is more scummy now, mtam and his blustery over-the-top posting now that he's woken up, or Dj's very limited participation. I am still leaning more towards mtam at the moment though.

But the problem there is I inherently have to believe you for that to be true. I'm inclined not to. As was stated earlier, it's very possible you are scum and DID get the NRA. As for the scenario you posit, mafia would be stupid to off the other player. They'd be exposing the NRA and more likely than not getting him lynched.

One of the things I find most problematic about is how "scum NRA" seems to be a keyword for you, like those two things can't exist outside of one another. It has been discussed at length how that could be so, and why someone would deny being an NRA if they were town. DJ not being here is problematic, I'll grant you, but it's not like he's avoiding the discussion (he seems to have only been on around 1-2 PM my time). I dislike you trying to paint him scummy when we people only come on once a RL day and we have these breakneck mafia days.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:28 pm

dd515087 wrote:

I'm offended. Care to elaborate?

Most of your posts seem to fall in line with posting to appear active but following along with the popular thought without really sticking out your neck on anything which tends to be a scum trait.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Killuminati19 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:38 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

To be fair to hotshot, if what he says is true, he did the right thing by bringing it to our attention. I also think that, if what he says is true, he is looking like a poor VT right now because mtam brought it out of him. Mtam put heat on hotshot and got some others to follow, putting him on the defensive. But hotshot, you are doing yourself no favors in my eyes by insisting that a NRA member is scum.
Lieutenant Killuminati19

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:49 pm

Killuminati19 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

To be fair to hotshot, if what he says is true, he did the right thing by bringing it to our attention. I also think that, if what he says is true, he is looking like a poor VT right now because mtam brought it out of him. Mtam put heat on hotshot and got some others to follow, putting him on the defensive. But hotshot, you are doing yourself no favors in my eyes by insisting that a NRA member is scum.

What did mtam bring out from me? I claimed before mtam made his first post this day.

Ok, there is a possibility that the NRA member is town, and is lying to protect himself. I even said originally that I wouldn't push for a lynch of a known NRA member, since at that point they would be no extra risk to town, and it would be unknown if they were town or scum. I can imagine a scenario where Dj is a town NRA, and is just going very under the radar, but if Mtam is the NRA I can't imagine him being town at this point since he'd know I'm telling the truth. Even with Dj though, I can imagine him as a scum NRA much easier than a town NRA. So, in my opinion, the NRA member is probably scum.
Major HotShot53

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Hey guys my apologies. My head has not been in mafia do to work and real life. I've been finishing another game here but I have been exhausted to wrap my head around this one. Those who play with me know this is not my day one routine with these games. Ill read up and vote.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:11 pm

I put a no lynch up thinking I was at deadline and 2 people had been killed Day one ends 10/8 :lol: I see I have some time.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Whatsausage on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Let's have another person "contribute" by saying dj (who has posted in the last 12 hours) needs to post. :roll: I get that he is one of the keys in the main discussion, but we can't all be on and posting all day.

pancakemix wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:

But the problem there is I inherently have to believe you for that to be true. I'm inclined not to. As was stated earlier, it's very possible you are scum and DID get the NRA. As for the scenario you posit, mafia would be stupid to off the other player. They'd be exposing the NRA and more likely than not getting him lynched.
One of the things I find most problematic about is how "scum NRA" seems to be a keyword for you, like those two things can't exist outside of one another. It has been discussed at length how that could be so, and why someone would deny being an NRA if they were town. DJ not being here is problematic, I'll grant you, but it's not like he's avoiding the discussion (he seems to have only been on around 1-2 PM my time). I dislike you trying to paint him scummy when we people only come on once a RL day and we have these breakneck mafia days.

That.^
A very interesting point that can get very WIFOM very quickly (verily ;) )
I doubt the scum will solve this for us. Which does likely keep a "high" power role relatively safe. (Though I still don't feel great about mtam's "against the grain" softclaim)
Captain Whatsausage

Postby Whatsausage on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:52 pm

mtamburini wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

fpd by mtam

No idea what/who you are asking here mtam.
If me about my quoted post, then yes and no. That post was before your responses to it, so that would be the no part. But yes because I am not satisfied with your answers. So you came to the game late and just voted for a role without reading at all? It isn't that you voted for CPR that has me questioning, it is the timing.
Captain Whatsausage

Postby Streaker on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:44 am

Voting no lynch now would be silly. All those that vote No Lynch should explain themselves. That gains you absolutely NOTHING. In a game with this many players you can definitely afford to mislynch on D1, especially when trading it for information.
We need to know the truth about our top 3 draft, 1 of them is lying (or withholding information at this point). The basis of our dilemma is HS's claim, if he flips VT then we know where to start D2, if he doesn't, then...

I am not seeing much action from DJ, which is disturbing since this whole discussion has him centered in it. If HS flips town, I'd say start with him.
Captain Streaker

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:45 am

Since it's 1:30 am and I have to work in the morning, I'm simply getting in a post before bed.

I put my vote in the other thread for Hotshot.

My mind kind of frayed about page 11/12, but his posts continued to seem... well, odd to me. Yes, knowing who the NRA is would be great, but you really jumped to the conclusion that they Must be a scum. If I was in there shoes with all the threats of being hung, I would have hung back. But that's me. I'll try to elaborate tomorrow before the deadline.

Here's my other thoughts:

I just don't like how Charm is playing, but that may because I've never played with her, or the type of posts she makes. Aka, trying to switch up our target 24 hours before the deadline when we simply don't have traction on anyone in the bottom of the group. Just seems to me you're trying to deflect attention from someone (Probably mtam, since you seemed to be buddying up with him a bit, but I could be wrong, that's just how I interpreted things). The reasoning for your vote, I truly hope, was sarcasm. Not believing the BS on the NRA and voting for "#3 because it's my favorite number" is complete garbage. Why do you think it's BS?
Also, basically none of your posts had any substance whatsoever.

Actually, that's going to be my only substantial thought for the day, as I'm tired as hell. But here's some quick thoughts:

I've liked SW and PCM, got townie vibes as of right now, mtam seemed over defensive, but that could be the play style of him.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives