Conquer Club

Streaker's Second Mafia - Endgame - Employees win!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Streaker's Second Mafia - Endgame - Employees win!

Postby StorrZerg on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:FYI, if you had threatened to vig me if I didn't vote colton, I would have voted colton ;-D

Of course, but I wanted to shoot. I was a bit shocked to find town metz didn't want to have a lynch day 1.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Streaker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 am

All roles:

show

Summary of night 1 actions

show

Summary of night 2 actions

show

Summary of night 3 actions:

show

Night 4 ended because IB shot virus again, and was not blocked. Mafia blocked Hotshot and killed charm. This had no influence as it would be game over anywhey with virus dead.

Link to QT:

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/jhvcbdSsaMS7

I would like to thank all players for giving me the chance to host these games and learn about the hosting part of the game. It's actually not that easy lol.
If anyone has questions, shoot :)

Should I host another one for those interested? Or maybe someone else (small game?)
Captain Streaker

Postby virus90 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:08 am

your right on the not much activity here, but i tried to discuss everything in the QT. but if no one is responding its not much use. only the last day with mets we got some discussion going. everything else was basicly a monolog from my side.
Major virus90

Postby Streaker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:07 am

virus90 wrote:your right on the not much activity here, but i tried to discuss everything in the QT. but if no one is responding its not much use. only the last day with mets we got some discussion going. everything else was basicly a monolog from my side.

And it was a sad thing for me to see. I know you did what you could. UCA and colton really killed mafia.

What does everyone think about the balance? Was mafia really that strong (assuming everyone plays like they should)?
Captain Streaker

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:06 am

crasp is a boss boss boss
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:23 am

Yup nothing can ruin a game like inactivity. Hind site is 20/20

Thanks to Mets and Virus for trying to hold it together.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:39 am

Streaker wrote:3. HotShot53 - Engineer (Town Inventor - invents an item each night and must be given to another player. Cannot be same player 2 nights in a row. Player can choose to accept item.) Mod thoughts: best role a mafia game can have. HotShot had some very good inventions, and chose the right players to give them to. Probably could have played better in the game itself, but his night actions definitely helped out a LOT.

Out of curiosity, how could I have played better? I was part of the colton firing, had mtam as suspicious when he was fired, and was on virus' case when storr was defending him... (also on the mets firing, but that was a kind of obvious for everyone)
Major HotShot53

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:58 am

Voice opinion on day 1 near end of day, that lynch was better than no lynch
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 am

HotShot53 wrote:
Streaker wrote:3. HotShot53 - Engineer (Town Inventor - invents an item each night and must be given to another player. Cannot be same player 2 nights in a row. Player can choose to accept item.) Mod thoughts: best role a mafia game can have. HotShot had some very good inventions, and chose the right players to give them to. Probably could have played better in the game itself, but his night actions definitely helped out a LOT.

Out of curiosity, how could I have played better? I was part of the colton firing, had mtam as suspicious when he was fired, and was on virus' case when storr was defending him... (also on the mets firing, but that was a kind of obvious for everyone)

Ya know...it's is hard trying to find the line between playing Town and getting people to believe your Town. I blocked you because you were suspect in my book. Yes you were part of Colton lynch but any mafia worth their salt would have thrown them under the bus. You could have amped up your posts for one thing.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby legionnare on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 am

GG sorry I wasn't that active, Bulletproof is a pretty boring role in a game where everyone gets a role. *shrugs* ah well will play better next game.
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 pm

legionnare wrote:GG sorry I wasn't that active, Bulletproof is a pretty boring role in a game where everyone gets a role. *shrugs* ah well will play better next game.

BINGO no offense to you legionnare but this seems to be the attitude that is ruining mafia here at CC. When people sighn up there used to be an unwritten rule of committing to playing. Now people don't like their roles and so gives them license to not be active? Completely selfish. I beg people to not commit to playing a game unless they plan to play. I can not tell you how many VT roles I suffered through but played my role as if my life depended on it so our team would win.

This is no reflection on Streaker as he did all he could to put and hold this game together, which I am grateful BUT this ranks as one of the worst games I have played in due to inactivity and indifference. The whole mafia team was a no show. Colton was lynched because of the response he gave to inactivity, Mtam completely disappeared LOL and he was on my scum list when he hand clapped me. Once pressure was on him he disappeared. Virus played the bare minimum and walked the line between quitting and skum sleeping, The whole bear mess as well. The game only got as far as it did thanks to Mets, but even then he disappeared.

Sorry to be a pooper but the truth is the truth.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Streaker on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
legionnare wrote:GG sorry I wasn't that active, Bulletproof is a pretty boring role in a game where everyone gets a role. *shrugs* ah well will play better next game.

BINGO no offense to you legionnare but this seems to be the attitude that is ruining mafia here at CC. When people sighn up there used to be an unwritten rule of committing to playing. Now people don't like their roles and so gives them license to not be active? Completely selfish. I beg people to not commit to playing a game unless they plan to play. I can not tell you how many VT roles I suffered through but played my role as if my life depended on it so our team would win.

This is no reflection on Streaker as he did all he could to put and hold this game together, which I am grateful BUT this ranks as one of the worst games I have played in due to inactivity and indifference. The whole mafia team was a no show. Colton was lynched because of the response he gave to inactivity, Mtam completely disappeared LOL and he was on my scum list when he hand clapped me. Once pressure was on him he disappeared. Virus played the bare minimum and walked the line between quitting and skum sleeping, The whole bear mess as well. The game only got as far as it did thanks to Mets, but even then he disappeared.

Yeah well. I think it turned out pretty ok actually considering that you are right about the mafia no show.

Ok. I'll host another game next week. Vanilla starting from 10 players, open set-up. I know everyone wants a cool role, but that is not what mafia should be about.
Captain Streaker

Postby legionnare on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:52 pm

Streaker wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:

Yeah well. I think it turned out pretty ok actually considering that you are right about the mafia no show.

Ok. I'll host another game next week. Vanilla starting from 10 players, open set-up. I know everyone wants a cool role, but that is not what mafia should be about.

I understand that and it's the wrong attitude to take but as you said Bulletproof pretty useless this game, it's only use would be to confirm me as town, wasting either the JOAT's or Vig's shot, as I said I will play better next game. :D
Sergeant 1st Class legionnare

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:35 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually enjoy being a VT. No pressure to make your night actions really count, you can just chat during the day and then take a break for a couple days.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:14 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually enjoy being a VT. No pressure to make your night actions really count, you can just chat during the day and then take a break for a couple days.

Some of my best games have been as VT. Ones job is to draw fire and call it as they see it.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby HotShot53 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:

Ya know...it's is hard trying to find the line between playing Town and getting people to believe your Town. I blocked you because you were suspect in my book. Yes you were part of Colton lynch but any mafia worth their salt would have thrown them under the bus. You could have amped up your posts for one thing.

On day 1 or 2 when I really have no idea about anything I have a hard time posting a lot... I post when I have something to say, but I'm not very good at just posting for the sake of posting.
Major HotShot53

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:58 pm

Day one is a crap shoot regardless of who says what. It is just as important to understand how you think people perceive you...I am not sure if the idea translates well. The best way in my book that one draws negative attention is by the appearance of lying low. A great example is why I believed Colton was mafia. Look at what DD said and look at what Colton said. Heck this whole game is a great learning tool by re reading after the fact.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby crasp on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Think you still have to go through the motions of day one though if only to get something to work with. Voting usually tells a bit of a story.
Dont think it matters if I lurk or not i never get past second day so just try and make the best of it. If charm is in the game she is constantly on my case anyway so lurking isnt normally an option.
Sergeant crasp

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Crasp, i think you let your cards show a bit to much with the successful save. if you kept "paranoid" of me, call me scum I think you don't die then.
As well as not following me so strongly on a lynch so early.

The combination of being insistent i wasn't mafia, and following me on a lynch so early/strongly is what gave it away i think :(
Major StorrZerg

Postby crasp on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:37 pm

Ithought i was on everybodies scum list. :lol:
No games imminent.
Sergeant crasp

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:05 pm

crasp wrote:Ithought i was on everybodies scum list. :lol:
No games imminent.

Actually, after comparing you and virus on day 2... I put you as town and virus as scum, which turned out to be correct lol. I think why you actually were killed night 2 is that you were going after virus strong, and virus was probably the most influential scum left, so he probably wanted you gone, hoping the case on him would go away too...
Major HotShot53

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:12 pm

I was the one that made the decision to kill crasp, but yeah it was basically because of the heat on virus.

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I was the one that made the decision to kill crasp, but yeah it was basically because of the heat on virus.

Looking back, that could have been a mistake... people were very conflicted between crasp and virus, which to vote for... by eliminating crasp and showing he was town, that made people think virus was more likely scum (except for storr of course, who derailed the virus lynch... luckily for us mtam also turned out out to be scum lol)
Major HotShot53

Postby crasp on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:10 pm

i thought I was enough of a target N2 that scum would have left me in. Picking a fight with IB, who would have been my save if streaker hadnt Pm'd me saying no point, should have saved me i thought.
Virus brought his own heat by voting for me first then building the case as it went along. i still had legion and hotshot on my scum list. Both very similar players and hard for me to read. Agree with IB that it was a good learning game.
Sergeant crasp

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:55 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I was the one that made the decision to kill crasp, but yeah it was basically because of the heat on virus.

Looking back, that could have been a mistake... people were very conflicted between crasp and virus, which to vote for... by eliminating crasp and showing he was town, that made people think virus was more likely scum (except for storr of course, who derailed the virus lynch... luckily for us mtam also turned out out to be scum lol)

By the end of D2, I was pretty sure virus was going to get lynched at some point. Even if we hadn't killed crasp, I think virus would have been lynched on D3 or D4 at latest. The move was just made to delay that decision if possible. But it didn't really factor into my consideration so much as the fact that I suspected crasp was a useful power role.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives