Conquer Club

Matrix6 Mafia Game [Game Over - TOWN Wins!]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Matrix6 Mafia Game [Game Over - TOWN Wins!]

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 pm

That may be true, but when I hammered myself it was clear that End was mafia, I just needed everyone to read my posts with the knowledge that I was town. One town for one mafia is a fair trade. Its not my fault none of you bothered to reread the thread. Not a single comment D2 about the D1 preceedings. NoS just acted confused whilst End pushed the Black is town wagon.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby mtamburini on Sun May 24, 2015 1:02 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:That may be true, but when I hammered myself it was clear that End was mafia, I just needed everyone to read my posts with the knowledge that I was town. One town for one mafia is a fair trade. Its not my fault none of you bothered to reread the thread. Not a single comment D2 about the D1 preceedings. NoS just acted confused whilst End pushed the Black is town wagon.

Instead of hammering yourself and ending the day, keep fighting and dont puss out and suicide
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby HotShot53 on Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm

mtamburini wrote:Also we are allowed to make one ghost post.

I do not intend to play any future games with you anyhow, this site has become awful to play on. IF someone roles scum they just dont do anything or get replaced. What a great meta to have.

@streaker Dont worry about it, I was thinking from a towny perspective and scum were slipping pretty hard

Black tried to write a narritive and made a complete BS filler post thats when I begun to change my mind about you, when I came back I was night killed anyway so I responded the way I did

If you can't play mafia without insulting people personally, then no offense, but the site is better without you playing. I wish mods would add rules to try to prevent unnecessary personal attacks, or punish them if they do happen.
Major HotShot53

Postby mtamburini on Sun May 24, 2015 1:05 pm

@streaker only shot was to kill Nos and try and convince people you were still scum and NOS meta'd his night action onto someone else.

At that point Mitch and I would be confirmed town to both of you since I took a lynch off streaker to lynch my parter which is the dumbest thing that could ever have been done that Ive seen
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby mtamburini on Sun May 24, 2015 1:05 pm

HotShot53 wrote:
mtamburini wrote:Also we are allowed to make one ghost post.

I do not intend to play any future games with you anyhow, this site has become awful to play on. IF someone roles scum they just dont do anything or get replaced. What a great meta to have.

@streaker Dont worry about it, I was thinking from a towny perspective and scum were slipping pretty hard

Black tried to write a narritive and made a complete BS filler post thats when I begun to change my mind about you, when I came back I was night killed anyway so I responded the way I did

If you can't play mafia without insulting people personally, then no offense, but the site is better without you playing. I wish mods would add rules to try to prevent unnecessary personal attacks, or punish them if they do happen.

He wasnt town, therefore not retarded just mafia.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun May 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Black is the boy who cried wolf. It was a clever play. It was also a very cold play. It will never work again on this site.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby mtamburini on Sun May 24, 2015 1:11 pm

@hotshot I also wish people would try and play to help their team win regardless of their allignment. I hope they make a rule like that, OH WAIT

11. Be attentive and active in the game. You will be replaced or modkilled if you don't post.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby Endgame422 on Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Good game all.
I had fun even though town won.
No clue why black didnt hit NoS leaving mtam to look real scummy and get mislynched D4 for a scum win but oh well.
Plenty of mistakes were made all around in this one.(I should have been patient instead of going toe to toe with mtam at the end there)
Black thanks for playing dude,forum mafia is just a different animal honestly.
Ill hit you up for a dubs game sometime.
Mtam sorry if your still mad i was hoping you would rage vote streaker if i pushed you hard enough.
No hard feelings i hope.
See y'all around.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby mtamburini on Sun May 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Good game all.
I had fun even though town won.
No clue why black didnt hit NoS leaving mtam to look real scummy and get mislynched D4 for a scum win but oh well.
Plenty of mistakes were made all around in this one.(I should have been patient instead of going toe to toe with mtam at the end there)
Black thanks for playing dude,forum mafia is just a different animal honestly.
Ill hit you up for a dubs game sometime.
Mtam sorry if your still mad i was hoping you would rage vote streaker if i pushed you hard enough.
No hard feelings i hope.
See y'all around.

Im not mad at you, you were scum you did what you had to do to bait me to vote streaker, almost did it
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun May 24, 2015 2:39 pm

I want to know how End is always Mafia, and I am always Vanilla Townie. Except my short lived cameo as Rolecop I havent played anything else.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Marashu on Sun May 24, 2015 2:49 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:I want to know how End is always Mafia, and I am always Vanilla Townie. Except my short lived cameo as Rolecop I havent played anything else.

*shrugs* I don't know? End was town in the newbie game. As for this one, 6-sided die to decide the set-up, and 10-sided die to determine PRs and mafia (rerolling if it came up 10 or someone came up twice)
Captain Marashu

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun May 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Well we should have lost 100%. Got very lucky. there was literally no way we should have won.
I had end and BM pegged d1 and I'm so pissed that I let that slide. I thought that because of the mos stepping in to console BM that it meant he was town. You're right streaker, bad reasoning.

I thought mtamb was scum for the longest time until d3 after I decided Bm was town.

Streaker, when you, mtamb, and endgame pushed storr so hard d2, I said blatantly that two of you three are scum if storr flips town. He flipped town and then you were jailed that night and there was no kill. This left me 3 decisions:

1) BP was hit
2) I saved you
3) I RB'd you

Since I was convinced that two of 3 of you were scum I figured it was unlikely that they killed you that night and therefore I didn't save you; I blocked you.

Wrong reasoning all because I had BMconfirmed town all game. Ffs
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby StorrZerg on Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Tambo stop being a baby srsly
Major StorrZerg

Re: Matrix6 Mafia Game [Day 1 B-gins]

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Sun May 24, 2015 5:16 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:
StorrZerg wrote:
WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Role does not prove alignment in a closed game

Role proves alignment in an open game.

This is an open game.

Semi open. Doesn't prove it as well considering there is some counter play avaliable.

It appears in both mafia nets open and semi-open categories. I dont see the counter plays you speak of, can you explain that comment after the game has finished please? Not yet as its of no benefit to town to have these written for mafia to see.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby mtamburini on Sun May 24, 2015 6:58 pm

StorrZerg wrote:Tambo stop being a baby srsly

The f*ck you on about
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby madmitch on Mon May 25, 2015 3:05 am

thanks mates it was fun, hope to play against you again
Cadet madmitch

Postby StorrZerg on Mon May 25, 2015 5:31 pm

mtamburini wrote:

The f*ck you on about

'

"waaa im not playing with you waaaa"

yeah baby stop the act, stop taking the game personally
Major StorrZerg

Postby mtamburini on Mon May 25, 2015 6:33 pm

StorrZerg wrote:
mtamburini wrote:

The f*ck you on about

'

"waaa im not playing with you waaaa"

yeah baby stop the act, stop taking the game personally

You're an idiot. If you want to play with people who will vote for themself thats your prerogative. To me thats a slap in the face to your team and I take offence to that.
Sergeant mtamburini

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon May 25, 2015 7:33 pm

He's new. Give the guy a break.
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue May 26, 2015 3:17 am

Indeed I am new. But in that situation I would do it again
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Streaker on Tue May 26, 2015 3:34 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Indeed I am new. But in that situation I would do it again

You would hammer yourself, again? Since this is post-game discussion, I can mingle in this.

Don't EVER hammer yourself if you are a townie. Chances of you getting lynched were significant, there is 0 value in you hammering yourself. You' should' be wriggling, kicking, screaming and scratching to stop yourself from getting lynched.

I mean, can you think of a single good scenario that benefits town if you lynch yourself? I'm no pro at this, but it's just basic strategy. Even if it results in a no lynch, you yourself would know there is a townie saved for the next day.

Sure you might get lynched the next day, but you stalled for town and prevented that first mislynch.
Mtamb is overreacting, clearly. You did what you think was right and that's great, but you can learn from it.

I think the surrender of the last scum was waaaayyy worse then what you did.

This is a 'noobie' setup, and a fun one. We can all learn from this.
Captain Streaker

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 am

My logic was as follows.

Nobody was listening to me because End was pushing the point that I was just annoyed with Mtam's play.
If we had an investigative role, the chances were high that they would use it on me and waste it.
D2 would come around with one dead townie and we'd start again with me and Mtam arguing all day and achieving nothing, before eventually I'd get lynched as too many people were being swayed by End's logic, which to be honest was an easy case for him to make.
On D2 it would be unlikely our power roles would be willing to out themselves to defend me, unless we had a cop who got a positive result, unlikely.

So the way I saw it, Either no lynch D1 followed by WCG lynch D2 and wasted power roles, or I lynch myself D1 and save ourselves wasted effort. Remember we were at the deadline, no time left for me to kick and scream that I was town.

VT's should make sure their death was worthwhile. BOTH SCUM WERE ON MY LYNCH! This is what annoyed me about the subsequent play. Nobody bothered to look.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Streaker on Tue May 26, 2015 3:54 am

Your primary fear is that town night actions would be wasted on you. But consider what possible roles that could be:

Doc won't protect you (making him choose another one, and mafia likely not kill you because of lynch potential).
Tracker might track you, seeing you go nowhere. Not a huge deal for town.
Cop might investigate you, and confirm a townie. He will either soft defend you D2, or claim. I don't see any bad stuff in this.

Results now: towny lynched D1, D2 played with 6 town and 2 scum.
Results no lynch: 7 town vs 2 scum.

Now I'm all for lynching anyone on D1, but I would never hammer myself for this result. If someone else hammered me, i'd be fine with that as a VT.

You would have D2 for the kicking and screaming part. There is also the chance that a possible cop smells something, and investigates End.

I understand your reasoning, but I stand by the policy of never lynching yourself.
Captain Streaker

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue May 26, 2015 3:58 am

Fair point.

There is one other thing, with a short break and moved on from Mtam being a twat I had worked out who the mafia pair was. But unfortunately I was dead. I was the only one who would have noticed Black's slip as it pertained to me.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby StorrZerg on Tue May 26, 2015 5:34 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:My logic was as follows.

Nobody was listening to me because End was pushing the point that I was just annoyed with Mtam's play.

Wrong, How can you say something so silly when the majority of town didn't want you dead?

If we had an investigative role, the chances were high that they would use it on me and waste it.

SO what? having a town check vs a mafia check isn't a bad thing. You had no way to prove your alignment since you are VT. a check on you isn't bad. Specially if you feel you can carry being confirmed town

D2 would come around with one dead townie and we'd start again with me and Mtam arguing all day and achieving nothing, before eventually I'd get lynched as too many people were being swayed by End's logic, which to be honest was an easy case for him to make.

WRONG, you can't just claim thats how its going to be when you didn't even allow for it to happen. Such a terrible reason to justify lynching yourself.

On D2 it would be unlikely our power roles would be willing to out themselves to defend me, unless we had a cop who got a positive result, unlikely.

Cop 100% defends you / prevents you from being lynched, acting like you are so far gone is just laughable.

So the way I saw it, Either no lynch D1 followed by WCG lynch D2 and wasted power roles, or I lynch myself D1 and save ourselves wasted effort. Remember we were at the deadline, no time left for me to kick and scream that I was town.

Lynching yourself is never a good option. 1, end wasn't lynched the following day. You being alive could have helped impact his lynch. the game "worked out" but this game easily could have been a land slide with 3 town lynches in a row. I've been in games where we had 2 cops, we ended up lynching one because he couldn't handle being questioned and wanted to prove his alignment. In his death he outed himself and someone else as mafia. (to bait people to hammer him) guess what he was the naive cop, Guess what his partner was town and self hammered the next day which then lost the game for town. So fast that 2 didnt have the chance to vote the last day.

VT's should make sure their death was worthwhile. BOTH SCUM WERE ON MY LYNCH! This is what annoyed me about the subsequent play. Nobody bothered to look.

seriously get your head out of the sand. Your job as town as vt is to lynch mafia, and absorb hits from mafia. You did neither, you killed yourself for nothing. YOu didn't help solve the game, your death was forgotten very quickly because of how idiotic it was.

Honestly mods should have a rule against self voting. You are never helping your wincon by self voting, you can try to reason it all you want that it was a good play wing, but it wasn't it was terrible, you lost all impact the game you hammered. Some people lost a town read. You forget that, 2 mafia on your wagon? O that means only 2 town pushing you, wait nos just did it to bait mafia, so that just leaves 1 town pushing you who thought you as mafia........ Even if it was 4 town pushing you, you still defend and push for mafia always always always.
Major StorrZerg

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives