Conquer Club

[OFFICIAL] Lion King Mafia - Town Scarred as Mafia Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

MVP

Poll ended at Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:48 am

skittles
No votes
pikanchion
21%
Masket
43%
Hotshot
No votes
Ragian
7%
Kwanton
21%
Dakky
7%
Samlen
No votes
Benga
No votes
Djfireside
No votes
Flores
No votes
Skoffin
No votes
Chu
No votes
Madmitch
No votes
Mandy
No votes
DDS
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: Lion King Mafia Day 1

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:33 am

I would love it if Nag has done a plot twist and used the Kingdom Hearts version of Lion King as the setup instead...

I mean who didn't love Cub Sora?
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 am

Head hurt :sick: :sick: to much drivel, going to lay hear until nonsense make sense, guess never stand again :(
Cadet madmitch

Postby Samlen on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 am

A kingdom hearts fan? Obviously MInister can't be mafia. Wonder when the third one will finally come out
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Skittles! on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:33 am

madmitch wrote:Head hurt :sick: :sick: to much drivel, going to lay hear until nonsense make sense, guess never stand again :(

Hunty if you don't follow you'll be crushed.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:30 am

Guess I'm the only one who didn't like Kingdom Hearts...Ninja Gaiden ftw.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby FloresDelMal on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am

i think Skoffin is scum, what with the skimreading already and whatnot, why does she always look scummy, anyway i always think Skoffin is scum therefore unvote vote Skoff
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby kwanton on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:59 am

FloresDelMal wrote:i think Skoffin is scum, what with the skimreading already and whatnot, why does she always look scummy, anyway i always think Skoffin is scum therefore unvote vote Skoff

I have to agree.

To those people who are outraged at Skoffin's atrabilious criticisms, this letter will be of interest. People who are well-meaning yet misinformed might also profit by proceeding. For the remainder who are indifferent, faint of heart, or content to let Skoffin stigmatize any and all attempts to transform our culture of war and violence into a culture of peace and nonviolence, I regret that there is little reason to read further. Let us note first of all that an insidious form of gnosticism has taken root in our society. This form of gnosticism is distinguished by its complete denial of the fact that Skoffin criticizes me for spreading awareness of the inarticulate nature of her plans for the future. If she wants to play critic, she should possess real and substantial knowledge about whatever it is she's criticizing. She shouldn't simply assume that she possesses an innate, fixed, pure, and essential identity that makes her superior to the rest of us. She may find it inconceivable that the world is suffering from her lack of faith in a transcendental truth, but she'll come to her senses quicker than you can double-check the spelling of ā€œestablishmentarianismā€.

I don't know what Skoffin's problem is, but she indubitably believes that she's simply misunderstood and is actually interested only in peace. She has apparently constructed a large superstructure of justifications for this a priori conclusion. I guess that shouldn't be too surprising given that one of Skoffin's most trusted forces is a huffy foppotee. If you're a huffy foppotee, you compose paeans to solecism. That's all there is to it. Well, there is one more thing: Skoffin maintains that men are spare parts in the social repertoireā€”mere optional extras. That's not just a lie but is actually the exact opposite of the truthā€”and Skoffin knows it. Why is Skoffin deliberately turning the truth on its head like that? Well, I'm sure Skoffin would rather mold your mind and have you see the world not as it is but as she wants you to see it than answer that particular question.

It's really not bloody-mindedness that compels me to search for solutions that are more creative and constructive than the typically destructive ones championed by baleful flimflammers. It's my sense of responsibility to you, the reader. In a similar vein, what I find frightening is that some academics actually believe Skoffin's line that a plausible excuse is a satisfactory substitute for performance. In this case, ā€œacademicsā€ refers to a stratum of the residual intelligentsia surviving the recession of its demotic base, not to those seekers of truth who understand that mankind needs to do more to build a society in which people have a sense of permanence and stability, not chaos and uncertainty. Understand, I am not condemning mankind for not doing enough; I am merely stating that Skoffin has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. She can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches Skoffin's nostrils, she'll start talking about the joy of hoodlumism and how we can trust her not to dress up her profit motive in the cloak of selfless altruism. As you listen to Skoffin's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice her hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that she knows that performing an occasional act of charity will make some people forgiveā€”or at least overlookā€”all of her tyrannical excesses. My take on the matter is that Skoffin is firmly convinced that no one is smart enough to see through her transparent lies. Her belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that the voices of Skoffin's victims have not historically been chronicled. They have gone largely unnoticed and undocumented. What can we do about that? I suggest we start by holding out the prospect of societal peace, prosperity, and a return to sane values and certainties. Doing so will demonstrate to the world that if I try really, really hard, I can almost see why Skoffin would want to level filth and slime at everyone opposed to her scribblings.

Skoffin justifies her vagarious pleas with fallacious logical arguments based on argumentum ad baculum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it means that if we don't accept Skoffin's claim that there is an international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids then she will abet ethnic genocide, dictatorships, and morally crippled lounge lizards. In a way, I'm glad I've experienced firsthand just how uncompanionable she can be. It's one thing to read about Skoffin's tossing quaint concepts like decency, fairness, and rational debate out the window, but it's quite another to be subjected personally to her attempts to make me throw in the towel. What does Skoffin have to say about all of this? The answer, as expected, is nothing. Just look at the bill of fare served up in recent movies and television programs and you will hardly be able to deny that what we have been imparting to herā€”or what she has been eliciting from usā€”is a half-submerged, barely intended logic, contaminated by wishes and tendencies we prefer not to acknowledge.

To quote the prophet Isaiah, ā€œWoe to ye who create a climate of intimidationā€. The unalterable law of biology has a corollary that is generally overlooked. Specifically, we were put on this planet to be active, to struggle, and to oppose our human vices wherever they may be foundā€”arrogance, hatred, jealousy, unfaithfulness, avarice, and so on. We were not put here to propound ideas that are widely perceived as representing outright conformism, as Skoffin might claim. She is not as chthonic or impudent as you might think. She's more so.

I intend to reveal the truth about Skoffin's personal attacks. That's the path that I have chosen. It's unquestionably not an easy path, but then again, Skoffin would have you believe that you and I are inferior to hidebound lummoxes. I have already, for the present at least, sufficiently answered the climatic part of this proposition and have only to add that I am worried about a new physiognomy of servitude, a compliant citizenry relieved of its burdens by a ā€œcompassionateā€ Skoffin. It's hard to spot the compassion when you notice that we ought to free Skoffin's mind from the constricting trammels of presenteeism and the counterfeit moral inhibitions that have replaced true morality. That'll make Skoffin think onceā€”I would have said ā€œtwiceā€, but I don't see any indication that she has previously given any thought to the matterā€”before arresting and detaining her rivals indefinitely without charge, without trial, and without access to legal counsel.

Unlike Skoffin, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, ifā€”and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of ā€œinnocent until proven guiltyā€ā€”she were not actually responsible for trying to pit people against each other, then I'd stop saying that disaffected wiseacres are born, not made. That dictum is as unimpeachable as the ā€œpoeta nascitur, non fitā€ that it echoes and as irreproachable as the brocard that Skoffin is a social liability. In this case, one cannot help but recall that if we fail in our task of getting the facts out in the hope that somebody else will do something to solve the problem, then Skoffin will establish a world government complete with a world army, a world parliament, a world court, and numerous other agencies that subject us to the impertinent yapping of conniving recidivists.

Thanks to Skoffin's asinine bruta fulmina, only vitriolic vigilantes now get to drive the bus, and they're driving it right off the cliff. Before we hit bottom, we should ponder how I seek justice, not vengeance. So let Skoffin call me feckless; I call her snappish. I want you to know that it looks like she always tries to shift blame from herself to inficete nihilarians. Knowing, as they say, is half the battle. What remains is to debunk the nonsense spouted by Skoffin's adulators. If one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows logically that Skoffin keeps repeating over and over again that she acts in the public interest. This verbigeration is symptomatic of an excessive love of academicism and indicates to me that Skoffin's Ponzi schemes are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause.

As reluctant as I am to admit it, inasmuch as I disagree with Skoffin's accusations and find her ad hominem attacks offensive, I am happy to meet Skoffin's speech with more speech and, if necessary, continue this discussion until the truth shines. I predict that sooner or later, people will generally agree that Skoffin should show some class. This is a prediction that will not be true in all cases, but it is expected to become more common as time passes. If she wants to be taken seriously, she should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults.

I'll go over that again: Sometime in the future Skoffin will draw unsuspecting quiddlers into the orbit of oleaginous crackpots. Fortunately, that hasn't happenedā€¦yet. But it will sincerely happen if we don't build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. Let me close by reminding you that the statements I made about Skoffin in this letter are in earnest. I will not equivocate. I will not excuse. I will not retreat a single inch. And I will be heard.

All that being said, I therefore have to unvote vote kwan
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 pm

what a lot of words over nothing, we get it you like Skoffin, but why do you keep voting for yourself ? that to me is scummy :evil vote kwanton
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:37 pm

TLDR Kwan's post, can anyone summarize it... it's D1, such long posts are unnecessary.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Did you actually read it?

Also, all games I've played with kwan, he votes himself D1 :roll: Well...both of them anyway.
Major Ragian

Postby Skoffin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:35 pm

Wasn't it all the rage over a decade ago to put peoples name in this argument generator and then to post the mass of nonsense it spat out? I can only assume this is what Kwan is doing, as he is usually 10 years behind everyone.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Samlen on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 pm

I got through like 3 sentences of kwan's post.... Not going through the rest but I love it
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Skittles! on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Skoffin wrote: Wasn't it all the rage over a decade ago to put peoples name in this argument generator and then to post the mass of nonsense it spat out? I can only assume this is what Kwan is doing, as he is usually 10 years behind everyone.

Yes that's what I was thinking as well. I read a bit of it lol

I'm going to unvote Skoffin cause the votes are getting too high for the joking period.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Skoffin wrote: Wasn't it all the rage over a decade ago to put peoples name in this argument generator and then to post the mass of nonsense it spat out? I can only assume this is what Kwan is doing, as he is usually 10 years behind everyone.

whew :-o I hope that is all it is because it really upset me :cry: :( yeah right \:D/ like I care :lol: :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:14 am

unvote vote DJ

Has he posted yet? :-k
Major Ragian

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:49 am

unvote vote kwanton dude you dont gotta write a book.... as a couple others said i saw how long it was and didnt even bother reading....
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:34 am

Thanks for stoomping over my childlike sense of wonder. :( I was about to compliment his dealer.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Djfireside on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:22 am

I did. I was one of the first ones :)
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 pm

After a quick read, it seems we are still in joking stage, and nothing very interesting is happening yet... so I will go back to work. Tax due date (in the USA) is Tuesday, hope everyone (in the USA) has filed your tax returns! I'm just glad by the time something happens here I'll be done tax season and able to fully participate.
Major HotShot53

Postby Skoffin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:15 pm

I was already half way to a lynch, lul. Pretty irresponsible for town to get carried away like that, so probably a good place to start to look for scummies.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Djfireside on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:48 pm

HotShot53 wrote:After a quick read, it seems we are still in joking stage, and nothing very interesting is happening yet... so I will go back to work. Tax due date (in the USA) is Tuesday, hope everyone (in the USA) has filed your tax returns! I'm just glad by the time something happens here I'll be done tax season and able to fully participate.

Gotta love when 15th falls on weekend, throws the whole shebang off
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby Minister Masket on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 am

HotShot53 wrote:After a quick read, it seems we are still in joking stage, and nothing very interesting is happening yet... so I will go back to work. Tax due date (in the USA) is Tuesday, hope everyone (in the USA) has filed your tax returns! I'm just glad by the time something happens here I'll be done tax season and able to fully participate.

Or you can go one better and move to the UK, where you don't have to do any of that malarkey. :mrgreen:

I had noticed the votes on Skoffin piling up on the sly. Even by Day 1 standards it's suspiciously early for a bandwagon.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 am

I agree, what was meant to be a joke might end up badly.

Unvote
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby nagerous on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Master bush has yet to confirm btw - may need a replacement
Captain nagerous

Re: Lion King Mafia Day 1 - Replacement needed

Postby benga on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm

I can sub if needed
Sergeant benga

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives