Conquer Club

Mass Effect 1 - Thorian (Cult) Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mass Effect 1 - D5 Citadel Assassination

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Well, MM is ruled out as recruiter though. Either he was recruited N1 and then claimed his role for instant town cred (unlikely) or he was just recruited last night. Your voting of him skittles implies that you are trying once again to counter-wagon on Mitch. Since you have done this 3 days in a row now, I can only assume that you were the N1 lynch leaving absolutely no doubt as to the identity of the cult recruiter. As benga said, it should have been obvious.

Unvote vote madmitch

Madmitch, as to your comments yesterday. If you don't want me to insult you then don't be a lying scum.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:15 pm

But that still doesn't account for LoVo... What to make of him? Willing to stick his neck out for madmitch but not for tails. Something is really fishy with that guy.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Of coarse I stick my neck out for mitch..in fact he is super cleared for me as vt...he hammered benga who was cult...he has claimed vt and it aligns with my claim and tails nk reveal.

I think dakky is right on the money...and pretty sure doom is being less helpful to town...in 12 hours you have already changed your vote to jump back on mitch.

I also want explanantion from Ragian as well with his visits....

vote doom
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Skittles! on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Well, MM is ruled out as recruiter though. Either he was recruited N1 and then claimed his role for instant town cred (unlikely) or he was just recruited last night. Your voting of him skittles implies that you are trying once again to counter-wagon on Mitch. Since you have done this 3 days in a row now, I can only assume that you were the N1 lynch leaving absolutely no doubt as to the identity of the cult recruiter. As benga said, it should have been obvious.

Unvote vote madmitch

Madmitch, as to your comments yesterday. If you don't want me to insult you then don't be a lying scum.

I literally agreed with you about Ragian and you say that I'm trying to make a counter wagon to save Mitch? Going after Mitch is such a waste of time, as I have previously stated numerous times.

I was bringing up an important point about the recruiting habits of cult - going after the claimed power roles in the game. It would just make sense for them to go for MM, considering he has basically gloated about his kills all game. Cool, he hit scum, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is town.

I rly don't get you Doom.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:24 am

lord voldemort wrote:Of coarse I stick my neck out for mitch..in fact he is super cleared for me as vt...he hammered benga who was cult...he has claimed vt and it aligns with my claim and tails nk reveal.

I think dakky is right on the money...and pretty sure doom is being less helpful to town...in 12 hours you have already changed your vote to jump back on mitch.

I also want explanantion from Ragian as well with his visits....

vote doom

So there's zero chance that VTs can be recruited? I would love to see that part of the role PM.

How am I less helpful to town? Less helpful than whom?
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 am

Did you seriously just clear him as town because he hammered benga after benga claimed to be cult?

How have you not choked to death on the bullshit you spew out of your mouth? If I were the mod, I'd modkill you for how stupid that is. Once we nail your culty asses, I'm going to get yours and Mitch's heads mounted on the wall in my trophy hall of shame.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Ragian on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 am

So, it's either Skittles or Sam who's the recruiter. I don't know about LoVo, but I don't think it's him.

It's not Doom, it's not MM, I can't see it being Dakky, it's not Mitch. My money is on Skittles given Sam's early vote on Benga:

Samlen wrote:Yesterday's speed lynch was one of the summer things I've ever seen. If we just want to hit cult, I'd be veeery surprised if benga isn't cult by now, given his jailer claim and actions. We'd rather hit the leader though and we can be pretty much 100% sure benga's not the leader. There's almost certainly at least one more sum or cult in that wagon from yesterday, it's just not as easy to find as benga. Given the deadline and the chaos of the next two days for me (yay eclipse...) I'm going to vote benga.

Skittles didn't vote for Benga. Might be because he never got around to it, but I'm quite sure he's the recruiter. Also, reading through D4, Skittles kinda copied my votes and unvotes. I never noticed till reading it again. I don't know what that suggests. If I were an outsider, I'd think it would suggest us being in cahoots.

vote Skittles

Come on, Sam, help me out here!

---

benga wrote:i have jailed mitch last night

since I don't expect more than 4 scum in this game I am ready to let him go

will post on more later

Also, I'm quite sure that this makes Mitch cult. Not the recruiter, though.

---

@Doom, if you help me get a mass claim going, I'll spill the beans in order to clear that up for you. I was proven very wrong by mafia, though. I'd assume that scum is setting me up. Hell, I'd do that too.
Major Ragian

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:19 am

@ Doom I am not lying. @ everyone especially MM , If you think that I am cult THEN WHY THE f*ck HAVE YOU NOT KILLED ME AT NIGHT ? you had plenty of chances, does not make any sense :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:21 am

Because you're not the recruiter.
Major Ragian

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:25 am

@ Rags did you just claim recruiter ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skittles! on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

Ragian wrote:Skittles didn't vote for Benga. Might be because he never got around to it, but I'm quite sure he's the recruiter. Also, reading through D4, Skittles kinda copied my votes and unvotes. I never noticed till reading it again. I don't know what that suggests. If I were an outsider, I'd think it would suggest us being in cahoots.

vote Skittles

Come on, Sam, help me out here!

---

@Doom, if you help me get a mass claim going, I'll spill the beans in order to clear that up for you. I was proven very wrong by mafia, though. I'd assume that scum is setting me up. Hell, I'd do that too.

I didn't copy your votes D4, not even 'kinda' a little bit. What's this bullshit? And I'm definitely not the recruiter, nor am I cult. If you want me to claim, I'll claim. I haven't done so BECAUSE of the reasonings as to why I think MM is cult now.

As for the idea that scum is setting you up, lol. It's either you or Sam IMO, Sam has been playing a very safe game and just popping in every so often. I find it very interesting that you call out Sam for help even tho you kinda suspect him to be the recruiter.

You guys can lynch Mitch if ya want, I don't care. I just think there are bigger fish to fry.

unvote
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Ragian on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 am

@Mitch, what are you on about?

@Skittles, it should be evident that it's one of the three of us who is the recruiter. I'm quite sure no one is going to just take my word for it when I say it's not me. While I feel that I should maintain that you copied me D4, I must admit that you voted for Tails and I copied that three posts later :oops: You unvoted Tails after I did, revoted him right after me, and re-unvoted him after me too. So I think it's a stretch to say that you didn't copy it not even a little bit. It just struck my eyes, that's all. I wouldn't even know how to use it anyway, so no need for twisted knickers ;)

Now, I still think you're the recruiter.

What I meant with being set up is the fact that I started out by going after Tails and even tried pushing him with a tiny bit of my role (which you pounded on, wrongfully accusing me of doing it under pressure). That information could be used the next day in order to trap me. That's my paranoia anyway, and I don't think it's necessarily unfounded when seeing this:

DoomYoshi wrote:
Ragian wrote:unvote

I maintain that tails has not even tried. Well, if it is between Skittles and myself (obviously, I'm not the recruiter, but fat chance anyone is going to believe that straight away), how about lynching one and then have MM shoot the other if we're wrong? (This hinges on everyone trusting that MM isn't cult.)

Another reason I think it's Tails, and the reason I asked what he did last night, is that I visited him. Succesfully. Which would also mean that if I'm correct, we're not dealing with three, but only two cult.

@Samlen, let's say we lynch Skittles or me, who's the crew? Will you just look at yesterday's lynch?

This needs explaining now that Tails is confirmed VT. And don't give me the "busdriver defense".
Major Ragian

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Did anyone think Fircoat was replaced so town would have a fair chance in this game.Another question if I was recruited when did it happen ? N2 Hot shot ,N3 Benga, who got recruited last night ? odds are MM ,then who is the recruiter ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Samlen on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm

You know what? I think it's mass claim time. The cultists are all going to have their claims except the recruiter and it's the recruiter we need to get right now. If we could get a restatement on current claims and get everyone else to claim, we should get a much better idea of who the recruiter is (and probably last scumster too but that's not as important). I'll start since it's my idea: I am Doctor Chakwas. As far as I know, I haven't actually prevented any night kills yet so yay me.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:26 pm

Samlen, why don't you think anyone who is cult isn't going to take a bullet for the recruiter? You just told scum who you are and the recruiter will get a free pass anyway since he probably already knows the real names/roles of his cultists. Counter claiming the recruiter is enough for a mod kill in my opinion.

So stop everyone and don't go with mass claim. We won't accomplish anything except getting one of the cultists killed.

@Mitch, I already told you I believe your claim as well as LoVo's. MM, Rage, Skittles, Doom, Samlen is too look at for a recruiter.
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Dakky who do you think was recruited last night ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Mitch, since I've cleared you and LoVo from being a scum or a recruiter, anyone including you and LoVo. While I believe your name claims and your roles, you both could be cult.
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:44 pm

@ Dakky nope not yet, who do think is recruiter ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Skittles! wrote:The last person to claim a power role early in the game was MM, and it would seem more likely to me that cult continued their recruitment and get him. Esp if he was a vig, it would make their life way easier. Get the power roles with town cred, use it to their advantage.

I have absolutely not been recruited, and I don't want to be at this stage either, so I'm quite happy saying my vig powers are spent. You can still recruit me cult, but I'm not much use to you now. :mrgreen:
And you may have unvoted now Skittles, but let's not beat around the bush here. You are cult, you've been cult for awhile, and eventually your continual defence of madmitch will get you caught out. Doom and I can both see it clearly.

And no I don't care that madmitch claimed VT. Even if he is, his play still makes me believe he's working with an unfamiliar role - a la he's been recruited at some point.

madmitch wrote:@ Doom I am not lying. @ everyone especially MM , If you think that I am cult THEN WHY THE f*ck HAVE YOU NOT KILLED ME AT NIGHT ? you had plenty of chances, does not make any sense :-s

Because you're far less dangerous to the town alive than Skoff/Caffeine. That's just how it is.
Also I wasn't as sure about you as I was about those other two at the time.

While I'm not hugely in support of a mass claim, I don't mind reiterating that I'm Wrex the Krogan in case it was missed by anyone before. Hopefully no-one is in any doubt that my vig powers fit the role!

Town needs to get this lynch window right or else it's basically game over next phase. And from where I'm sitting, mitch or Skittles are the only 'safe' options.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Minister Masket on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 pm

madmitch wrote:@ Dakky nope not yet, who do think is recruiter ?

Samlen just made a very ballsy claim so I think we can rule him out. Doom and I have very much been against the cult-led town lynches so hopefully that shows it's not either of us.

Frankly the recruiter isn't going to do anything in the day phases to make himself stand out from rest of the cult, so for the rest of the group it's anyone's guess.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 pm

MM: While Doom and you maybe aren't cult (or maybe you're both), I don't see a reason why we shouldn't go for the final scum, instead everyone is so preoccupied with a cult leader/recruiter. I understand that the cult poses a great risk but if we lynched scum when/if we had a chance, night kills would stop and therefore make more time to identify the cult and possibly their leader.

Minister Masket wrote:Doom and I have very much been against the cult-led town lynches so hopefully that shows it's not either of us.

Doom and you? This sounds like you trust Doom to be town and not a part of a cult. How do you know Doom wasn't recruited? It really sounds like protecting him and that would make sense only if Doom or you was the recruiter.

Either way, as I said a lot of times, I think Doom is the last scum so my vote stays on him and I hope we have then another day to find the cult recruiter, rather than lynching a town who is maybe cult or maybe is not. That's a sure way for cult to win.
Captain dakky21

Postby dakky21 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 pm

I mean if we mislynch town today it's probably a sure cult win. I'd rather lynch scum than mislynch non-cult town.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:44 am

Well, if scum kills cult, we could still be in the game.

@MM, how about a vote for skittles?
Major Ragian

Postby Skittles! on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 am

Ragian wrote:Well, if scum kills cult, we could still be in the game.

@MM, how about a vote for skittles?

Oh yeah, cause you've been killing people SO well.

Sigh, fine I will claim. I am Shepard, the town cop. Two nights ago I investigated Ragian, and I got the result that he was scum. Hence why I've been pressuring him a lot more the past two game days. Vote Ragian

I didn't claim earlier because there wasn't enough pressure, and because it's so god damn obvious that cult would recruit the power roles of the town if they were revealed. Which they were. And they turned up cult when they died. Surprise. That's why I've been pressuring MM today.

My night actions have gone as followed

N1 - hotshot - town
N2 - dakky - town -
N3 - Skoffin - scum (she died this night so information could not be used)
N4 - Mitch - town (hence why it's a waste of time to go after him)

So in this I must agree with Dakky that hitting scum would be the best bet right now, because they are killing town because sam hasn't blocked a kill (except N1?). MM is the only one that has actually killed anyone useful because Hotshot didn't reveal ANY information - hence why it's likely he was recruited Night 2.

Sam I have a question - who did you target each night?
Private Skittles!

Postby Ragian on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice try. But let's get this show on the road: I'm Liara T'soni - Town Roleblocker.

N1: Blocked mitch (no clue - just went with mitch)
N2: Blocked thor (agreed with dakky about his noob card)
N3: Blocked tails (my best bet that he was cult recruiter - never did anything to help town)
N4: Blocked tails (same deal)

Now, it's painfully clear that tails wasn't the recruiter, which probably means that we have three cult left (including the recruiter) because we've managed to kill two. That means that we're basically at LyLo. If we don't lynch cult (preferably the recruiter), we've lost the game. So Skittles' post above is the only thing I needed in order to be certain that he's the recruiter. If he gets a mislynch with a fakeclaim, he wins the game.

What is important to notice is also that if I were indeed scum and Skittles were indeed town, it would be in his interest to keep me in the game. 3 of the 8 left are cult. Lynching other than cult effectively wins the game for cult. Even lynching scum. (Then it would be 4 cult out of 7 players given the lack of nightkill.)
Major Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives