Conquer Club

Alien: The Return - Alien wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: The Return (8/8)

Postby madmitch on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:49 am

@ DDS, why are you still trying to throw me under the bus ? I said the same thing as Mudpuppy but did not elaborate the players as he did ( skoffin -science officer ) and no I did not return as the alien queen, and I also did not save that there was two cults just I thought that the new guy COULD HAVE BEEN A CULT LEADER not that he was. I am tired of this mitch being mitch phrase because I am actually trying to ask sensible questions. I unvoted you DDS because what you brought up was a reasonable and made some sense but your attack of me makes you look like you are trying to hide something again.FOS DDS.
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 am

I'm reading something entirely different then.

madmitch wrote:I know that this is a crazy game already,but let's look at the facts: this is the THE RETURN, 5 survivors and at least 1 infected ( new alien queen, cult leader ) now add the weird man from the company ( another cult leader possible ? ) and the 2 guards ,that gives us 8 players , what I don't understand why DDS is saying I am trying to confuse everyone? I think he is trying to hide his true form and misdirect everyone. vote DDS

madmitch wrote:unvote After rereading ,I find Rags is right DDS does sound more town than alien, but I don't get why Strike is underfire?

????

MudPuppy wrote:Guessing it more likely we have 1 Alien Queen & two groups of crew members... one group pro-survival and the other pro-company (even if it means the sacrifice of life). So, a 1/4/3 split with the 1 as the cultist???

Not the same thing, more plausible, town has a much better chance of winning.

I don't know why I feel like I have to defend myself, or make any more of my points valid. It's pointless. And f*ck is it frustrating.

show

So the lack of a soft claim and the omgus vote and being defensive, the same things he did in the previous Alien...When he was Queen...When you clearly suspected him before, is somehow the green light that he's town? Wut...Maybe I have to play another 10 or so games with him, a years worth of content to go off, to get a feel for his scum tells, but I'm simply unwilling to invest that kind of time into it when I find it pointless.
I'm afraid if we're going to keep using the mitch is being mitch logic, then I'm not going to continue playing with him after this game is over with. It's just not fun or even funny.

As for Puppy...He articulated his thought on what can plausible. Albeit, unlikely. I'll grant you that assuming the same power role is in this game is misleading and can be somewhat scummy, but as I said, there's a 1/4 (or 1/3) that we do have one currently. So the assumption, to me, is not entirely unfounded.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Ok, so some stuff goes over your head?

No not here anyway. He never said they were forced.

Whoosh
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:40 am

I'd be happy with either a madmitch or dakky21 lynch for the whole two cult thing, nobody else has done anything particularly noteworthy in my opinion.
Private Pikanchion

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:35 am

While Strike has put me at the top of his scum list for suggesting this game might include some carryover elements of last game's setup and DDS has agreed in general with that sentiment (assuming same power role is "misleading and can be somewhat scummy")... I stand by the potential. This game is billed as a continuation of the first and while I fully recognize it would go against the grain to carry a role forward from the prequel, I think it could be a logical approach in this game... and would be little different from having a vanilla game where you know one of the roles is that of a cop. Whether you agree with the possibility of a role carry-over, I think it's a bit of a stretch to suggest it's scummy as whether true or not, it has a minimal impact. I agreed that each of DDS's proposed scenario's was still possible and concluded only that there may be a slightly higher weight on a scenario that includes a security officer.

I've since fallen out of love with my two-town faction theory (survialists vs. company). I think it's still an interesting possibility but not one I think is likely. Leaning more toward one of the standard alien setups listed by DDS.

In any case, I think there is little opportunity for collusion on D1, meaning there is just one bad guy and the rest are town.

Here are my preliminary player thoughts:

DirtyDishSoap - is acting most townish at the moment... but that really doesn't mean a whole lot on D1

Ragian - a bit annoyed at his statement equating "deductive approach" to scumminess as it could be seen as an attempt to shut down meaningful discussion (granted there is usually little of that on D1 anyway). Don't think too much of his strike vote. While strike has done little to indicate being scum, Ragian's reasoning works for me.

madmitch - I feel a bit of sympathy for him with his last "why is everyone picking on me" (a theme vs. an actual quote) post where he says he's really trying and doesn't like the characterization of "mitch being mitch." But he came up with a doozy of a theory that is difficult to justify. His defense of his theory as "sensible" and his FOS on DDS, who is acting quite towny, puts mitch near the top of my list. On one hand I want to give him a second chance, on the other I'd have a hard time forgiving myself if he actually turns out to be the alien queen and I failed to vote against him.

Pikanchion - thought his claim that mitch "fished for them to roleclaim and basically suggested a mass roleclaim was the correct course of action" was a huge stretch of what really happened. He & mitch are vying for my vote at the moment. Pika will definitely get the nod if he uses that bold orange to highlight text again. :P.

Little Witt - Also in the top half of my scum list for lack of contribution other than a tldr request to everyone else to fill him in. Get in the game or get gone.

strike wolf - Not much of a read on him... he's an enigma. Leaning town but I expect him to convincingly appear town when scum.

dakky21 - While mostly funny, he clearly didn't read the OP closely and voted mitch as a result. He before and since has voted strike for joke voting a non-player (???) and has also suggested the two-cult theory. Not sure what to make of his play but I'm not a fan.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 am

unvote

I'm not sold on Strike yet. Something tickles my balls of suspicion. I just can't tell what it is. To clarify in case it was poorly phrased, the main reason for voting Strike was not his level of participation up to the point of my vote, but because I never felt anyone looked too scummy to me, so I went with voting for whom I would least want to be the queen. Moreover, I feel that we dragged the waters some (if that's an actual phrase or just me quoting Pantera).

@Mitch, I understand that it's frustrating to being hassled, but you also have to look at it from the perspective of others. I, for instance, had no clue you were the AQ last game because I simply can't see the difference between town Mitch and scum Mitch; I only see Madmitch. You have to accept that the uncertainty about your play whether scum or town will generate heat. I wholeheartedly believe that you're trying your darndest, and I also feel that you have come a long way since I started playing with you, but I still can't tell the difference between your town questions and your scum tells, so don't go throw your computer out the window when people scrutinise you. Especially when you offer up unfounded scenarios. That said, I still maintain that we can play this game without hurting anyone's feelings...even if we're frustrated with other people's play ;)

So, a quick rundown of the players:
- Dakky: Hasn't said or done anything to my recollection. I could vote for him.
- Mitch: I have no clue, but as of now, my guts tell me that he's town.
- DDS: I have a decent feeling about DDS at the moment. I like how he took on Strike. Not how he's handling Mitch.
- Pika: I couldn't say yes or no at this point. I could vote for him.
- Strike: There's something...I don't know what it is...maybe a complex of sorts that I shouldn't explore.
- Mud: Falls out of love with what he said earlier because some went against it...could be worth keeping in mind.
- Witt: Hasn't said or done anything to my recollection. I'm going to vote for him if nothing appears soon.

Several have stated that they find me town. Why is that?
Major Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:09 am

Ragian wrote: - Mud: Falls out of love with what he said earlier because some went against it...could be worth keeping in mind.

1) Never said some going against my theory was the reason I fell out of love with it... it wasn't... just thought it through a bit more.
2) DDS & strike referred to my two-town faction theory as "plausible" and "frankly not impossible" even though I think they both feel it unlikely. Point being your characterization of some going against it is not quite accurate.
3) My theory that folks "went against" was the role carry-over of the security officer from the prequel. I'm standing by this theory despite the pushback, including strike using it as the primary reason for suspecting me as scum. I don't change my theories based on popularity... though I can definitely be swayed by logic.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Ragian on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:58 pm

I never said that you said that. I gave my interpretation. Why are you defending such a small thing?
Major Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Ragian wrote:I never said that you said that. I gave my interpretation. Why are you defending such a small thing?

... and I never said you said I said that. :roll:
... I'm correcting your mis-interpretation.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:24 pm

I know it would be difficult with 3 security guards but that what it seems to be, if we take in the situation of being the return, we had 4 science officers and 1 security guard left ( 1 of these 5 is AQ now) plus the company man plus 2 more security guards which leaves a couple of possibilities , 1 AQ ,1company man, 3 SCIENCE OFFICERS AND 3 GUARDS OR 1 AQ ,1COMPANY MAN AND 4 SCIENCE OFFICERS AND 2 GUARDS ? I know it sounds crazy but what else is possible ? It is going to make it interesting at night. I think we should take a look at Pikanchion I thought he was the AQ in my post and he didn't even blink, I also would like to hear more from little witt
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 pm

madmitch wrote:I think we should take a look at Pikanchion I thought he was the AQ in my post and he didn't even blink, I also would like to hear more from little witt
What... When? This post?
madmitch wrote:oh shit not again :-o That Pikanchion character looks alien to me :-k LET'S GET HIM :evil:

I don't see how not responding to a joke stage post is scummy...
Private Pikanchion

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:25 am

vote mudpuppy
Major Ragian

Postby madmitch on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:49 am

@ Pikanchion ,thanks for responding,never really thought you were scum,Hell take a look at everyone else and pick one out of them. :lol: Look at mine .it is PAUL which is the name of a crazy, funny alien movie, we really have not much more we can talk about, we already beat the shit out of the two cult ideal and how many science officers and security guards there is. So guys where do we go from here? Do we go after Ragain because he said why does everyone think I'M town? or do we have a mass claim ? or maybe it might be better to have a no vote and see what happens at night ? at least day 2 gives us two voting opportunities to get rid of the AQ and who she recruited.
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:55 am

The deadline is fast approaching, a no vote would reduce the chances of town winning because we would literally be in the same boat in D2 as we are now. Pick a candidate at this point. Depending on who has the most votes the day before the deadline, I'll change mine so we can at least have a lynch.
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:19 am

Vote madmitch
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby benga on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:50 am

VOTE COUNT

DirtyDishSoap
Ragian
MudPuppy /1/ rag
madmitch /2/pika, mud
Pikanchion
Little Witt
strike wolf /1/dakky,
dakky21

with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Sergeant benga

Postby madmitch on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:56 am

vote mudpuppy
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:13 am

Benga, I still have my vote on Mitch.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Ragian wrote:While understanding the setup is probably supercool (but always too difficult for someone with my limited wit), I always find this very deductive approach to something hypothetical somewhat scummy. Pondering the setup is a good way to appear townie.

@Mudpuppy, have we played in the same mafia games before?

It was something that mitch had brought up that I wanted to squish immediately.

But out of everyone here, and since we're burning through daylight rather fast, I'm going to Vote Mitch
Symmetry wrote:
The ram wrote:

Whoosh

Postby benga on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:21 am

VOTE COUNT

DirtyDishSoap
Ragian
MudPuppy /2/ rag,mitch
madmitch /3/pika, mud,DDS
Pikanchion
Little Witt
strike wolf /1/dakky
dakky21

with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Sergeant benga

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:00 am

Never been more convinced that Mudpuppy is the AQ.

I think these are town:
- DDS
- Mitch
- Ragian (someone needs to spell it correctly)

I think one of these is the AQ (decreasing probability)
- Mudpuppy
- Little Wit/Pika/Dakky
- Strike
Major Ragian

Postby dakky21 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:20 am

madmitch wrote:vote mudpuppy

worse OMGUS vote I didn't see in quite some time

[b]unvote, vote madmitch[/b]
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:24 am

WOW one more vote and I am gone and town will lose an important player,it is my goal to protect crew members and get rid of the aliens
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 am

Uhh, Dakky just shot up the AQ barometre!

Dakky is notoriously famous for knowing when mitch is scum. He has voiced NO concerns about mitch's play whatsoever, and now he justifies his vote by calling out mitch's OMGUS. Bullshit. He OMGUS'ed DDS too. He even avoided hammering in order not to look suspicious.

unvote vote dakky
Major Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:59 am

madmitch wrote:WOW one more vote and I am gone and town will lose an important player,it is my goal to protect crew members and get rid of the aliens

Is this a role claim?
Private Pikanchion

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am

Ragian wrote:He even avoided hammering in order not to look suspicious.

Why are you trying to dissuade a D1 lynch by suggesting whoever pulls the gallows lever is suspicious? Your comment is what is suspicious.
Colonel MudPuppy

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives