Conquer Club

Screw You! Mafia End Game: Mafiaville U.S.A.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Screw You! Mafia D2 6/9: Double Tap

Postby dgz345 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:09 am

Or did dakky "jump into" IXS?? And got killed tpgheter with him?
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:42 am

Any funny stuff to report? LSU?
Major Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 am

Ragian wrote:Any funny stuff to report? LSU?

Can I take this as you visited LSU?

Or why LSU?
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Skoffin on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 am

Dakky obviously hid behind the other dude.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Skoffin on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 am

Oh and are we at mylo? someone confirm my math skills thanks
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:28 am

I've studied the board, and here are my conclusions:

Dakky died first, so it appears that his death was not caused by hiding behind IXS.
The way his death is described, I think he tried to hide behind scum, which will usually result in the hider's death, kind of like when you think you have a truce between Indonesia and Siam, but your opponent breaks it.

IXS appears to have also targeted scum for investigation, but was killed, so we won't get a report. I believe that it was a serial killer who killed him. We have both shootings and throat cuttings, and I don't think they're both in there just for flavor. It's going to be tough to deal with both - like when you hold South America, and you've got opponents building on both Central America and North Africa.

As for the scum kill, it's possible that they targeted either dakky or IXS (maybe that's why the gun was placed pointing to his body), or it's possible that they tried to kill someone else, but were blocked. I'll go through their posts later to see if I can figure out anything else, but it's pretty hard to see much through the fog of war.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:49 am

Skoffin wrote:Oh and are we at mylo? someone confirm my math skills thanks

I don't think we know enough about the setup to tell. There is the possibility of one player's lynch count being modified, and who knows what else there might be. You're trying to calculate the odds when you don't even know how many dice you're rolling. But I don't think we should consider not lynching today.
Brigadier degaston

Postby dgz345 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm

degaston wrote:
Skoffin wrote:Oh and are we at mylo? someone confirm my math skills thanks

I don't think we know enough about the setup to tell. There is the possibility of one player's lynch count being modified, and who knows what else there might be. You're trying to calculate the odds when you don't even know how many dice you're rolling. But I don't think we should consider not lynching today.

This.

As the devilish cop had something about extra lynch could be other examples of modifying lynch count.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Ragian on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:16 am

dgz345 wrote:

Or why LSU?

Why are you trying to fish for information that is not there?
Major Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:43 am

Ragian wrote:
dgz345 wrote:

Or why LSU?

Why are you trying to fish for information that is not there?

I was trying to see if you had a lead. Or if it was just a random question at LSU.

Nothing more than that. I just like leads (clues)
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Ragian on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:33 am

If I had a lead, I would have to disclose my role to prove my lead. You're essentially fishing for my role. Not cool.
Major Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:10 am

Ragian wrote:If I had a lead, I would have to disclose my role to prove my lead. You're essentially fishing for my role. Not cool.

Sorry. I can see how it can be looked like that way now.

Im just used to roles having lynch targets. (tho it should not me more 3rd parties unless it's only one or two scum) 5/3/1 or 5/2/2 (t/s/3)

But who knows... Setup could be anything.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Ragian on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:22 am

WIFOM alert while waiting for everyone to chime in: Why kill dakky? Players here will know that he usually gets himself into trouble and therefore scum keeps him around. Could that mean that scum are someone not playing mafia on CC an awful lot, or that scum are someone wanting it to seems as if they don't play mafia on CC an awful lot. One of the least playing players is dead, so if I were to look for others who don't play on CC a lot, I would look at LSU and Deg.

Also, uncool killing off IXS N1 in his first game on the site ;)
Major Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 am

Ragian wrote:WIFOM alert while waiting for everyone to chime in: Why kill dakky? Players here will know that he usually gets himself into trouble and therefore scum keeps him around. Could that mean that scum are someone not playing mafia on CC an awful lot, or that scum are someone wanting it to seems as if they don't play mafia on CC an awful lot. One of the least playing players is dead, so if I were to look for others who don't play on CC a lot, I would look at LSU and Deg.

Also, uncool killing off IXS N1 in his first game on the site ;)

As I said before I feel like Dakkys death was because of his own actions. And therefor I think the scum hit was on IXS. But that's a from the death screen. So it might not be accurate. And this is only my read on the text. Others might have other ideas.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby aage on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:54 pm

I don't think Dakky was directly targeted. His death scene strikes me as the work of a PGO of some kind. Whether they are scum or not I'm not sure, but the phrase "too late did he realize his error" makes me think Dakky simply chose poorly.

The knife kill was also in the day 1 start scene, where Frenchie got sliced up. The scene there referred to "the attacker" and "the culprit" singular, so whoever they are, it's most likely a one man party. If Dakky didn't get killed by scum we shouldn't be at mylo yet. Even if he did get killed by scum, there are two killing parties so I would put a mafia faction at 2 players tops. I kind of have my doubts about the existence of a mafia faction killing with guns, though - the knife killer was spotlighted in the day 1 scene, not the gunner. It's not conclusive, though, so I'll put that theory on hold for now.

Killing IXS really is a curveball. I don't know what to do with it. I would say, I don't think I'd kill someone during N1 in their first game and that goes for several others as well. LSU probably wouldn't given that it's his friend, and I don't think Ragian would either. Deg and dgz I don't have a 'read' on in this case. Skoffin is a psychopath who is capable of anything.
It's also possible the killer somehow knew they were a cop and killed them for that reason, but reading back his posts I don't see anything that signals "cop" to me. I think the only way they could've known the role is if they somehow investigated him before they killed him. Outlandish, I know, but I once had a mafia godfather role with rolecop powers. It's not unheard of.

For now I think I'll vote Skoffin, she's contributed the least to the game so far.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby dgz345 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Skoffin sounds cranky. as someone pointed out before. forgetting that she signed up for this game :)
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Ragian on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Deg is his friend, not LSU, right? If I'm wrong about that, I have misunderstood most of D1 most likely...
Major Ragian

Postby degaston on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Ragian wrote:Deg is his friend, not LSU, right? If I'm wrong about that, I have misunderstood most of D1 most likely...

You are correct. I was working on a post that was going to include this, but I was busy analyzing all the troop movements before I made my move.
Brigadier degaston

Postby degaston on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm

aage wrote:I don't think Dakky was directly targeted. His death scene strikes me as the work of a PGO of some kind. Whether they are scum or not I'm not sure, but the phrase "too late did he realize his error" makes me think Dakky simply chose poorly.
I agree that he probably died because of who he selected to hide behind, but unless someone wants to claim Paranoid Gun Owner (which is often claimed on D1 to avoid hurting town), I think it's more likely that he just selected scum. Sometimes you roll the dice and get three 1's.

aage wrote:The knife kill was also in the day 1 start scene, where Frenchie got sliced up. The scene there referred to "the attacker" and "the culprit" singular, so whoever they are, it's most likely a one man party.
Like a serial killer? He might only have one territory, but he can still attack from it.

aage wrote:If Dakky didn't get killed by scum we shouldn't be at mylo yet.
If there's a serial killer, then the game can't end until he's dead or he kills everyone else. That's his win condition.

aage wrote:Even if he did get killed by scum, there are two killing parties so I would put a mafia faction at 2 players tops.
I agree. Maybe we can get them to attack each other?

aage wrote:I kind of have my doubts about the existence of a mafia faction killing with guns, though - the knife killer was spotlighted in the day 1 scene, not the gunner. It's not conclusive, though, so I'll put that theory on hold for now.
There was only one gun killing last night, and it may not have been intentional. I think it's possible that the mafia kill was blocked, or maybe they intended to kill dakky (as indicated by leaving the gun at the scene pointing to him), but he offed himself at the same time by hiding behind one of them first. (the scene mentions "gunshots" - plural) He just didn't have the troops to defend himself from that.

aage wrote:Killing IXS really is a curveball. I don't know what to do with it. I would say, I don't think I'd kill someone during N1 in their first game and that goes for several others as well. LSU probably wouldn't given that it's his friend, and I don't think Ragian would either. Deg and dgz I don't have a 'read' on in this case. Skoffin is a psychopath who is capable of anything.
It's also possible the killer somehow knew they were a cop and killed them for that reason, but reading back his posts I don't see anything that signals "cop" to me. I think the only way they could've known the role is if they somehow investigated him before they killed him. Outlandish, I know, but I once had a mafia godfather role with rolecop powers. It's not unheard of.
As Ragian noted, IXS was my friend. :cry: We didn't have any kind of a truce, but I agree that it would be pretty shitty to kill him on N1. I could be generous and think that perhaps some sort of redirection was involved.

aage wrote:For now I think I'll vote Skoffin, she's contributed the least to the game so far.
My latest post tally: (counting from after the start of D1, and -1 to LSU for a double post)
Ragian - 21
Dgz - 39
Aage - 5
Skoffin - 9
LSU - 5
Degaston - 28

So she's posted more than you, but has contributed essentially nothing. Her last two posts were some combination of incorrect and/or misleading. I guess it's time to attack.
Vote Skoffin
Brigadier degaston

Postby dgz345 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Soft vote Skoffin
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby dgz345 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:51 pm

I don't want to put her at L-1 yet
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Immortalis XS on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Ragian wrote:Also, uncool killing off IXS N1 in his first game on the site ;)

100% :cry:
Major Immortalis XS

Postby degaston on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

degaston wrote:
aage wrote:I don't think Dakky was directly targeted. His death scene strikes me as the work of a PGO of some kind. Whether they are scum or not I'm not sure, but the phrase "too late did he realize his error" makes me think Dakky simply chose poorly.
I agree that he probably died because of who he selected to hide behind, but unless someone wants to claim Paranoid Gun Owner (which is often claimed on D1 to avoid hurting town), I think it's more likely that he just selected scum. Sometimes you roll the dice and get three 1's.

It may not make much difference either way, but for dakky's death scene:
strike wolf wrote:Finding someone to attached to wouldn't be difficult. He knew that but there were drawbacks to that and he decided to take his chances on his own. Too late did he realize his error when there was the distinctive click of a safety being released on a gun and a loud bang behind him and he fell to the ground limp.
It looks like he may have chosen not to hide behind anyone, but was targeted by scum directly. I guess he should have just camped out in Australia.
Brigadier degaston

Postby aage on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:26 am

degaston wrote:
Ragian wrote:Deg is his friend, not LSU, right? If I'm wrong about that, I have misunderstood most of D1 most likely...

You are correct. I was working on a post that was going to include this, but I was busy analyzing all the troop movements before I made my move.

My apologies, I didn't check when I wrote it and totally misremembered. The only reason I absolved LSU is because I thought he was IXL's friend, so I guess swap LSU and deg in that statement.

degaston wrote:
degaston wrote:

It may not make much difference either way, but for dakky's death scene:
strike wolf wrote:Finding someone to attached to wouldn't be difficult. He knew that but there were drawbacks to that and he decided to take his chances on his own. Too late did he realize his error when there was the distinctive click of a safety being released on a gun and a loud bang behind him and he fell to the ground limp.
It looks like he may have chosen not to hide behind anyone, but was targeted by scum directly. I guess he should have just camped out in Australia.
That is an excellent catch, I totally read over that. So he was killed directly.

On a different note, do you have a risk related PR or are you just enjoying yourself?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 am

Back from Thanksgiving.

IXL is not my friend, but also not my enemy. As far as any information given out last night I do not have anything to state that would be helpful at this point. I do think that Deg has a risk associated PR since at least one other post I saw had a risk term associated with it. With two deaths on N1 that is not a good start to town especially with one of them being the cop.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives