Conquer Club

Screw You! Mafia End Game: Mafiaville U.S.A.

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Strike Wolf's Screw You! Mafia sign ups

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:31 am

Day 1

A dark and gloomy day has hit the town of [name redacted]. Like a gritty old film noire, the splatter of cold rain is the prevalent soundtrack and shady figures gather in the square. Ten gather there and stare at each other. The crime in the city has gone up and the local government can no longer turn a blind eye after a street corner was rendered useless by a recent attack. They all eye each other. Mistrust clear even through the shadows. One among them steps forward. It briefly appears that he's going to talk but all that comes out is a strangled gasp and strange horrific gurgling noise. Confusion as the town rush to check it out. One among them steps forward into the sticky puddle and pulls the man onto his back. His throat has been cut.

Ga7-Permanent NPC has been killed.

The nine around look around. They had barely noticed the attacker before the attack and in the confusion, he'd managed to slip in with the crowd. The only clues to his identity, a bloodied trench coat and matching gloves left behind. They stood up angrily shouting each other. One among them preached patience and they briefly listened. Help each other find the culprit was the call and everyone nodded. The muddled consensus was made with each of them walking away with other ambitions mixed in.

Day 1 Start
With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Screw You! Mafia D1 9/9 The French Connection

Postby Ragian on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:42 am

Uhh, this sounds exciting!

Hell of a debut, Immo. Any knowledge of mafia on a theoretical level?
Major Ragian

Postby Skoffin on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:13 am

Hello Citizens - I am here to ponder loudly and get in everyones way.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby dgz345 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:26 am

Skoffin wrote: Hello Citizens - I am here to ponder loudly and get in everyones way.

Stop being so petty.

Maybe you should resign your cc position and just retire.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby dgz345 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:27 am

And BTW dakky did not complain about his role so therfore ill draw the conclusion that he is not VT.

Just putting this out here.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Skoffin on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:51 am

Being petty is 40% of my personality.

Also, no player should be a VT.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby dgz345 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:31 am

Skoffin wrote: Being petty is 40% of my personality.

Also, no player should be a VT.

How come that in every game none gets my banter and always think I'm scummy?

It was a joke about dakky always complaining about VT
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Skoffin on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:33 am

I have no humour component.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby dgz345 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:00 am

Skoffin wrote: I have no humour component.

Always red text. Is aunt red on visit as well? Maybe take 20% from grumpy and move it to humor?
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby degaston on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:50 am

A slit throat and bloody gloves? Hmmmm... has anyone seen O.J. recently?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Skoffin on Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:58 am

dgz345 wrote:
Skoffin wrote: I have no humour component.

Always red text. Is aunt red on visit as well? Maybe take 20% from grumpy and move it to humor?

Period jokes are ineffective: I've not had one in a year.

The grumpy component cannot be altered - I can take from the understand social cues component, however.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Immortalis XS on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:39 am

Ragian wrote:Uhh, this sounds exciting!

It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few times :)
Major Immortalis XS

Postby Immortalis XS on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:41 am

degaston wrote:A slit throat and bloody gloves? Hmmmm... has anyone seen O.J. recently?

Red, not orange. And who said anything about juice? </troll>
Major Immortalis XS

Postby degaston on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:52 am

Immortalis XS wrote:

It does indeed! Yep, Deg gave me some pointers, I reviewed a prior noob game he was in where they also explained the rules, and I've played werewolf a few times :)

I think that Ragian was asking if the mod could give us any info about the game setup. (# of mafia or other groups, etc.) Is that correct, Rag?

Full disclosure: I used to pick my feet in Poughkeepsie.
/Obscure?
Brigadier degaston

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:53 am

Just realized I never posted this:

Rules:
1.The moderator is always right. Do not try and argue with them. However we are all human and we all make mistakes. The moderator will try and fix any mistake he or she may have made.

2. Do not edit/delete previous posts. Whatever you say goes into historical record.

3. Do not quote any PM's you receive from the moderator or another player. You may say your name, role, associated abilities. This is a serious offence and could earn you a mod-kill, and/or a blacklist from future games.

4. The game will not be discussed outside this thread, unless your role specifically says you can.

5. All ā€˜votesā€™ and ā€˜unvotesā€™ must be in bold and in a clearly visible color (please no yellows). If they are not, they will not be tallied. (I.E. Vote: Mandy). You must first unvote and then vote to change your vote from someone. Mods may change this according to their wishes.

6. Lynching requires a majority of the town vote, once the majority has been reached any unvotes will not be counted. The majority is half the player's alive +1.

7. You may vote ā€˜no lynchā€™ to end the day without a death.

8. Lengths of days will be one week. If game is dragging I may shorten the day. You can also ask for extensions but that will be up to my judgement.

9. Lengths of nights will be 72 hours. Try and send the actions earlier if possible, and save everyone time.

10. Once your death scene has been posted, it's over for you. You can no longer post anything related to the game. Whining is alright, **Voices from beyond the grave** are alright, as long as nothing of substance is revealed. This means you can post something like "Damn you mafia!" or "Oh well. Go town!" but you cannot post and add to the discussion. This is a serious offence.

11. Be attentive and active in the game. You will be replaced if you don't post. If something prevents you from participating for a long period of time, announce it here or via PM. Help everyone's enjoyment of the game by being active and sending your actions promptly. Inactives will be replaced or modkilled

12. You cannot talk at night. You can do joke votes like "zzzzzz" if you want but don't let it get out of hand. I'm fairly lenient as long as no game information is discussed.

13. If you have any questions or doubts, send a private message to the moderator and ask for help. It would be much worse to remain unsure about your role, mafia rules, whatever than to ask the moderator and then understand

14. Have fun.

Special note: While this game is meant to be a bit odd ball and unbalanced, I did make special effort not to create any role or roles that would make it unwinnable for either side.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby degaston on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 pm

degaston wrote:
Immortalis XS wrote:

I think that Ragian was asking if the mod could give us any info about the game setup. (# of mafia or other groups, etc.) Is that correct, Rag?

/Obscure?

My mistake. I was thinking that Immo was for "In My Modest Opinion". I'm used to using IXS. Anyway... carry on.
Brigadier degaston

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:52 pm

vote skoffin for not giving me the welcome I deserve or expected :)
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby dgz345 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:13 pm

degaston wrote:
Immortalis XS wrote:

/Obscure?

I would guess 6 townies. With either 3 mafia or 2 mafia 1 3rdparty

7 townies feels like to much and 5 to little. But what do I know. only strike knows the settings.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby degaston on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm

dgz345 wrote:I would guess 6 townies. With either 3 mafia or 2 mafia 1 3rdparty

7 townies feels like to much and 5 to little. But what do I know. only strike knows the settings.

I haven't seen a D1 opening text like that before. (only my 5th game, so that's not saying much)
That Night 0 kill used a knife, not a gun, so it sounds like we have something like a serial killer?
Brigadier degaston

Postby dakky21 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:21 pm

degaston wrote:

I haven't seen a D1 opening text like that before. (only my 5th game, so that's not saying much)
That Night 0 kill used a knife, not a gun, so it sounds like we have something like a serial killer?

I don't know if it is flavor or super important, but what does it matter how was anyone killed, especially if it was NPC. Kill is a kill and I don't think anyone had a chance to select which NPC they will kill N0 lol. We really shouldn't discuss that over next three pages. You're steering the conversation in the wrong direction.

Anyway, with 9 players I believe it is some weird setup anyway, there are probably no VT's and each role has a drawback. Could be ton of 3rd party or overpowered 1 scum vs 8 townies. Anything possible so we really shouldn't discuss possibilities as well.
Captain dakky21

Postby degaston on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:26 pm

dakky21 wrote:
degaston wrote:

I don't know if it is flavor or super important, but what does it matter how was anyone killed, especially if it was NPC. Kill is a kill and I don't think anyone had a chance to select which NPC they will kill N0 lol. We really shouldn't discuss that over next three pages. You're steering the conversation in the wrong direction.

Anyway, with 9 players I believe it is some weird setup anyway, there are probably no VT's and each role has a drawback. Could be ton of 3rd party or overpowered 1 scum vs 8 townies. Anything possible so we really shouldn't discuss possibilities as well.

So to summarize your post:
  • We shouldn't bother speculating about the setup
  • You speculate about the setup
  • We shouldn't bother speculating about the setup

Anything else we shouldn't talk about?
Brigadier degaston

Postby Ragian on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:31 am

Commenting while reading.

Immortalis XS wrote:

You should be fine, then :)

@dgz & skoffin, quit bickering and let's play the game. If it helps, neither of you is funny :D

degaston wrote:A slit throat and bloody gloves? Hmmmm... has anyone seen O.J. recently?

Stabbing is usually (in my experience anyway) a serial killer trait. However, guessing at this moment prolly won't get us far. Unless anyone has actually seen The French Connection?

degaston wrote:My mistake. I was thinking that Immo was for "In My Modest Opinion". I'm used to using IXS. Anyway... carry on.

Noted. Any preference Immortalis XS? And does your name mean a very small person that's immortal? *rimshot*

dakky21 wrote:We really shouldn't discuss that over next three pages. You're steering the conversation in the wrong direction.

I agree that we shouldn't discuss setup the next three pages, but why do you say that and then discuss the setup? IGMEOY

Dega caught that, too.
Major Ragian

Postby dgz345 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:49 am

Skoffin and dgz345 not funny and then adds a ( :D )
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Ragian on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:51 am

Yep. What I wrote was funny O:)
Major Ragian

Postby degaston on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:56 am

Ragian wrote:
degaston wrote:My mistake. I was thinking that Immo was for "In My Modest Opinion". I'm used to using IXS. Anyway... carry on.

Noted. Any preference Immortalis XS? And does your name mean a very small person that's immortal? *rimshot*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brigadier degaston

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives