Conquer Club

Waiting List

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Waiting List

Postby jnd94 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:23 pm

This has tried to be implemented after games got its own forums, but never got done. I think, with so many players, and games, we need to make a waiting list. The way it goes is, players that want to mod, get put into a list. The more veteran the player/how many games modded, get put to top of list first. Therefore, if me and Mandy both wanted to run a game, he would get priority because he has modded less and is more experienced. Fair?
Captain jnd94

Re: Waiting List

Postby NESconqueror on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:25 pm

jnd94 wrote:This has tried to be implemented after games got its own forums, but never got done. I think, with so many players, and games, we need to make a waiting list. The way it goes is, players that want to mod, get put into a list. The more veteran the player/how many games modded, get put to top of list first. Therefore, if me and Mandy both wanted to run a game, he would get priority because he has modded less and is more experienced. Fair?

Sounds quite reasonable.
I'm back after an all too long hiatus.
Real life sure knows how to intervene.
Private 1st Class NESconqueror

Postby Fircoal on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:28 pm

kinda, I don't think it should only be based on games played how you said, then any player with no modded mafia games, will be able to go to the top, and also my more main concern is for the people with so many mafia games that aren't n00bs, that want to mod more. Especially if they had been modding at least one mafia game for partically every day for the last 7 months. ;)
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby jnd94 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:30 pm

Fircoal wrote:kinda, I don't think it should only be based on games played how you said, then any player with no modded mafia games, will be able to go to the top, and also my more main concern is for the people with so many mafia games that aren't n00bs, that want to mod more. Especially if they had been modding at least one mafia game for partically every day for the last 7 months. ;)

Ya. Dont need to hint. I know there are flaws, but any n00b that happens to see mafia, tries modding. And while Im fine with that, others that have been planning game scant do it because others cant commit.
Captain jnd94

Postby diddle on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:31 pm

jnd94 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:kinda, I don't think it should only be based on games played how you said, then any player with no modded mafia games, will be able to go to the top, and also my more main concern is for the people with so many mafia games that aren't n00bs, that want to mod more. Especially if they had been modding at least one mafia game for partically every day for the last 7 months. ;)

Ya. Dont need to hint. I know there are flaws, but any n00b that happens to see mafia, tries modding. And while Im fine with that, others that have been planning game scant do it because others cant commit.

yeah, but say, for example, i wanted to mod a game, how long would it take me to get to the top of the list
Cadet diddle

Postby Fircoal on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:31 pm

jnd94 wrote:

I know that's why it's needed. But for people like me, who doesn't expect me to have at least one mafia game going at a time besides someone that new to them. ;) :lol:
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby ga7 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Well, I think it's a good suggestion, but we can't exactly control this. A noob that wants to mod a game will never check a waiting list in the first place :P
Dunno, I don't really see how to sort it out... Another option would be to have some kind of activity meter to know if someone can create a new game, but then there's still the problem of the experience factor etc...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby NESconqueror on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:46 pm

ga7 wrote:Well, I think it's a good suggestion, but we can't exactly control this. A noob that wants to mod a game will never check a waiting list in the first place :P
Dunno, I don't really see how to sort it out... Another option would be to have some kind of activity meter to know if someone can create a new game, but then there's still the problem of the experience factor etc...

I should do another mafia game!
*Hears the crowd panic*
Just kidding... Jeez.
I'm back after an all too long hiatus.
Real life sure knows how to intervene.
Private 1st Class NESconqueror

Postby kalishnikov on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:37 pm

If done properly, this might be a good idea. In order for it to work though it would need a sticky and everyone in the community's support.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:44 pm

May I suggest that each mod sets a date for the start of his game and Jnd posts the list in the first post?
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby The1exile on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Couldn't we just bug wicked to do that in the sticky? We saw what happened when spin made an attempt.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Fircoal on Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:48 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:May I suggest that each mod sets a date for the start of his game and Jnd posts the list in the first post?

but what if you don't know, because mine just go right after each other finishs. I'm freaked out now, I'm not ready with NV5 and NV4 is coming to a close. >.< And I might need a stall game.
Captain Fircoal

Postby nagerous on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:04 pm

Fircoal wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:May I suggest that each mod sets a date for the start of his game and Jnd posts the list in the first post?

but what if you don't know, because mine just go right after each other finishs. I'm freaked out now, I'm not ready with NV5 and NV4 is coming to a close. >.< And I might need a stall game.

QFT. With a hectic life its hard to say when you're going to have the time to start games, best just to be sensible and look at what games are on and use some common sense.
Captain nagerous

Postby kalishnikov on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:22 pm

nagerous wrote:With a hectic life its hard to say when you're going to have the time to start games, best just to be sensible and look at what games are on and use some common sense.

Also a good suggestion, but hard for some people here...
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Return to Forum Games