Conquer Club

Map of the Young Kingdoms

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby kevinc on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:46 pm

HighBorn wrote:dose anybody know of an easy to use free paint type of thing that i can down load to help me with this i had photoshop and i couldnt figure out how to use it propally

Inkscape is a free vectore program. It's not that easy to use, and it's still beta software, but it's good for this type of work. Bitmap programs like GIMP & Photoshop are not really that great for this kin do fwork, particularly for beginners.

Xara is like Inkscape but commercial (it's cheap though) Free for Macs & Linux.

Also, Fireworks is great but also commercial (though it's very cheap for students)
Corporal kevinc

Postby fluffybunnykins on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:49 pm

is it just me, or this looking a little lurid?
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

Postby Marvaddin on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:33 am

Young Kingdoms? Young Kingdoms from where? What are these kindgoms? Names?

Please, stop adding those little graphics for now, you will probably waste your time, since you will later add more interesting graphics, I imagine. Lets now work with a skeletal map, only with borders, colours and no textures. Im tired now but soon I will comment the playability, ok?
Major Marvaddin

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:37 am

thank u sir i just threw the graphic in because... i figure ill have to scrape and start again any way but the lay out will be the same so yes that is what i need discussed :mrgreen:
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:24 pm

also to answer your question the name comes from the southwest contry.. in the novels it ws called the young kingdoms because it was the home of the youngest race.. humens..

Postby HighBorn on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 am

ok i downloaded inkscape and starting working it on there now imageshack wont accept my pape... anyone know why???

Postby Phobia on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:42 pm

HighBorn wrote:ok i downloaded inkscape and starting working it on there now imageshack wont accept my pape... anyone know why???

maybe be too big in size maximum 1.5mb, or may not accept the type of image it is. e.g only accepts like jpg jpeg png gif bmp tif tiff swf
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby HighBorn on Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:46 pm

yeah says use a image shrinker but mine wont work in on inkscape

hey highborn

Postby ptlowe on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:40 pm

I am pretty good in photoshop if you need some pointers or want some help let me know...Maybe we could trade expertice....I need some help with the xml or technical side if anyone could help me with thaqt id be greatly apprecitative...I also have plenty of expierence in illistrator which is the better program for this...Adobe Illistrator
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby gavin_sidhu on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:20 am

why did you get rid of the one bordered ten country continent. I really want to see how that would work in real life. Maybe there should be a "lab" room in CC where you can test out concepts like that. Ill go post it in the suggestions forum.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby HighBorn on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:40 am

Any one wanting to take this map and play with it is more than welcome... i have not the time or patience for it ;)..lol... good luck :)

Postby x on Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:38 am

HighBorn wrote:Moorcock released all copyrights and patents on his works about elric stormbringer and the dragon lsles for people to use and expand upon

I'd love to make a version of this map & am about 2/3 of the way through with a first draft.

I've been googling around haven't found anything like that, do you have a citation?
Private 1st Class x

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas