Conquer Club

Magic Eye Map!

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Magic Eye Map!

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 pm

Concise description:
Create a map that you can only play if you know how to do those magic eye pictures(stereograms).

Specifics/Details:
You know those Magic Eye pictures AKA stereograms that you can only read when you "un-focus" your vision? Well, someone should make a map and/or maps that you need to use this technique anytime you play it.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Are you kidding? Imagine the intensity and skill involved with a game played like this? Imagine speeders???
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Magic Eye Map!

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:27 pm

This is not the forum for map suggestions

MOVED
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 am

Idea is good, but since there is BOB, it can be playable by anyone who uses it. The another problem is that some people have cross-eyed vision (like me) and I can't see those things or go into cinema and watch 3D movies. So if that maps pops out on random, I'd be really crippled.

Last edited by dakky21 on Sat May 03, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain dakky21

Postby Aleena on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 am

Honestly I do not see how a person would be able to build this map up - most of those magic eye images are done through some sort of specialized computer assembly and is not just drawn up by hand. So I do not see how I, or in that matter any person would be able to sit down one day and just draw it out - but I guess I could be wrong - but I just don't see this as happening - If you want an image that pop's out - I suggest we focus more on like making a 3D look of the map - maybe like Disc World - instead of trying to blend it into a huge wash of pixels...
Private 1st Class Aleena

Postby RjBeals on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:57 pm

love the idea, but execution would be tough. Most of those maps are just 1 or 2 colors anyway.
Private RjBeals

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas