Conquer Club

Stratagems - Gauging Interest Till (8/27)

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you think this concept would make a fun map?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Total votes : 0

Stratagems - Gauging Interest Till (8/27)

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Map Name: Stratagems
Mapmaker(s): dolomite13
Number of Territories: 88
Special Features: conditional borders, no standard bonus, win condition
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: This map is an original board game idea based on the combat mechanic of risk.

This map idea is basically a board game Idea I had that uses the risk combat mechanic. In the actual mock up I made for this as a real board game it used a 6 sided die that players could roll each turn and didn't have a "player" or "dice" spaces. To simulate the dice I added the player space and dice spaces.

Please feel free to leave feedback as I am currently deciding which map I want to devote my attention to after Conquer 500 is quenched.

=D13=

Map Image:
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Re: Stratagems - Gauging Interest Till (8/27)

Postby Aleena on Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Risk/Monopoly blend - but do not see how the system insures players can only control 1 die?

Is it plus +1 for every 3 gems of any color combo (I hope)
Or is it only +1 for every 3 gems of the same color?

If you can only control 1 Die at a time, why does all dice seem to have two spaces under them ? (You only need one for each right?)

Going clockwise as you reach a corner box (does the gem next to the box have the ability to attack all four spaces in the box (or just the one space adjacent... If it only can attack the one space adjacent - once inside the box, are all box spaces connected or is it a separate mini-clockwise circle with in the corner boxes also and has only one entrance spot and one exit spot (which are next to the gems) "Unless you control the same corner in all four boxes - then you can do either direction,... correct??"

Gems may attack one space plus number on any die controlled...

So Each space is conditionally attached to the second through seventh space in front of it, but not actually to it's adjacent space - correct?

I like Circus Maximus which is a map that makes the player move in one circular motion - this in my opinion is a modification of that map a bit... So I would think that this map could make for an interesting game play...
Private 1st Class Aleena

Re: Stratagems - Gauging Interest Till (8/27)

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Aleena wrote:Risk/Monopoly blend - but do not see how the system insures players can only control 1 die?

With conditional borders you can have a border open if you don't control any of the die slots and then close the border if you control one. The border should change immediately insuring only 1 can be conquered at a time by a given player.

Aleena wrote:Is it plus +1 for every 3 gems of any color combo (I hope)
Or is it only +1 for every 3 gems of the same color?

+1 for 3 of any color.

Aleena wrote:If you can only control 1 Die at a time, why does all dice seem to have two spaces under them ? (You only need one for each right?)

If there were 6 dice slots with 8 players then it would be possible that after the first 6 players went you would not have a dice option. With 12 dice slots (2 each) you will always have a dice option although maybe not the dice number you really want.

Aleena wrote:Going clockwise as you reach a corner box (does the gem next to the box have the ability to attack all four spaces in the box (or just the one space adjacent... If it only can attack the one space adjacent - once inside the box, are all box spaces connected or is it a separate mini-clockwise circle with in the corner boxes also and has only one entrance spot and one exit spot (which are next to the gems) "Unless you control the same corner in all four boxes - then you can do either direction,... correct??"

It can attack all four (although I may reconsider that) ... all spaces in the box can attack each other as well and all four can attack the next gem clockwise as well.

Aleena wrote:Gems may attack one space plus number on any die controlled...

Yes

Aleena wrote:So Each space is conditionally attached to the second through seventh space in front of it, but not actually to it's adjacent space - correct?

Actually it's the 1st through 7th as you may opt not to assault a dice and conquer only 1 space away.

Aleena wrote:I like Circus Maximus which is a map that makes the player move in one circular motion - this in my opinion is a modification of that map a bit... So I would think that this map could make for an interesting game play...

Thanx =)

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas