Conquer Club

Dartboard

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Dartboard

Postby rocksolid on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:17 pm

Ok, hwhrhett started a thread about a dartboard map based on a clockboard (http://www.crowsdarts.com/yda/pics3-20/ ... tboard.JPG), then ate it while I was responding. Here's my response anyway:

Hey dude,

People will probably hate your idea - there's a bit of resistance to maps that aren't instantly comprehensible, like the crossword map (which I reiterate is genius) - but that doesn't mean it's not an interesting one with some potential to be unique, and a strong appeal to a group with your tastes. The king-of-the-hill centre is kind of being put together with the Tenochtitlan map, so maybe something you'd want to consider (which doesn't exist on any other map here) is making the 25 point ring and the 50 point spot worth 2 extra armies to any continent held in conjunction with them - so if you hold the bullseye and x continent, it's x value + 2, but if you hold x continent and y continent, it's x + 2 + y + 2, so the bullseye becomes more and more valuable the more continents you have.

The 20 different continents you're suggesting could all be worth the same - they're identical - or you could assign them values in the haphazard fashion that a clockboard itself does, making continents 1, 2, 3, and 4 worth 1; 5, 6, 7, 8 worth 2, etc.
Lieutenant rocksolid

Postby hwhrhett on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:37 pm

was i supposed to stay online? i was unaware that there would be people watching.....

i come and go
Cook hwhrhett

Postby AK_iceman on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:38 pm

do you see those eyes in his signature? they are always watching :shock:
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas