Conquer Club

Computer [Abandoned]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is this a good idea?

Total votes : 0

Computer [Abandoned]

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:12 am

Image**IMAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED**
this is an early idea sketch to help me plan the rest of the development and to give the potential players a chance to see the idea
i know that there is no legend or continent bonuses because i dont know exactly what the continents are going to be
I currently have only 4 continets and am looking for more. the continets are the monitor, mouse, tower, and keyboard
moniter
the coutries are going to be from the classic map
i have decided to put an image of the classic map on the screne and each former continent will now me a country
also i want to add a power button as a country
mouse
the mouse pad, left and right buttons, the center roller, and the base of the mouse
tower
the a and d drive, the empty drive slots with plastic cover, power and or reset buttons, USB ports
keyboard
the numaric key pad, the alphabetic keyboard divided into multiple sections (3), the esc. key and F# buttons, the arrow pad, and all the keys above the arrow pad
Totals
the totals of continets and coutries are what makes me relize that i need more ideas
continents=4
countries
moniter=7
mouse=5
tower=6
keyboard=7
EXTRA IDEAS
i have been thinking that if i need to add more countries to the continents (like the mouse) that i can add extra stuff like a microphone, camera, speakers, loose floppy disks and/or cds, and a cd case which on the cover shows a fantasy Conquer Club game as a cd
i have also thinking of another continent as a paper on a side tray attached to the moniter
still havent decided on unpassable or one-way boarders
thinking of an idea like the apocalypse map with the radiation but only with computer chips
I am also deciding on weather to romove the wires because they clutter too much
i would love to hear your opinion
Help
i am asking for ideas and help because this is my first map and your ideas will be gratefully accepted
Thank You
Last edited by nascarfan38124 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petebob wrote:You should drop out of school immediately--it's impinging on your game!
Lieutenant nascarfan38124

Postby Sir Gordalot on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:39 am

more continents........ lets see.... scanner.......printer........stack of floppy disks.......
-----------------------------------------------------
None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me.
Corporal 1st Class Sir Gordalot

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:45 am

One thing I can see being trouble is are trying to fit the names in the small areas. You'll have to experiment with sizes, and perhaps different layouts.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Update

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:19 am

i had a great brain storm in the shower :idea: but thats a different story

i was thinking about adding another country by adding a gel wrist support below the keyoard making the total to 8

i was also thinking that the loose cds/floppy disks can link the continents togeather (ex. a cd in between the tower and keyboard) these linking countries can either make one scattered continent (imagine that one continent will be a couple of random cds around the map and then the cd case i talked about...intreasting :!:) , just be linking that have nothing to do with continents (like in CCU) or be in both adjacent continents (like space)

and about the name problem i was trying to make short names and if i absolutly need to i will make lines connecting the names and countries but i will only do this to 2 or 3 or i will have to trash the project.
petebob wrote:You should drop out of school immediately--it's impinging on your game!

Postby gavin_sidhu on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:18 am

Doesnt your mouse have a forward and a backward buttons for internet use?

U should have a printer as a continent.
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Maybe?

Postby kwolff on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:39 am

A router for something, and i dont know, just an idea ,use a plug as a central place that connects to all of parts you use
Major kwolff

Re: Computer

Postby Haydena on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:20 am

nascarfan38124 wrote:tower
the a and d drive

Not everyone has an A and D drive you know. ;)
It would be better put as Floppy Disk Drive and Hard Drive.

An Idea for another continent, you could use all the external pieces of hardware that are used (apart from mouse keyboard and the mouse etc) as countries, like Speakers, Printer, Scanner and anything else you can think of.

Looks like it could be interesting.
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

UPDATE

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:28 am

here are some more pictures i was thinking of
this is the old pic but with some pictures from the internet over my outlines to make it look better if sombody knows how i can improve the resolution of the pic. please help me
this is another key board i found i think it looks cooler but it doesent have the arrow keys and the keys above them and that would be 2 less countries
this is an another pic that i could make the whole map out of and i will crop the arrows on the side out if i decide to use this pic

Postby Machiavelli on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:18 pm

I like the idea but it does need more countries for each continent
Sergeant Machiavelli

*****UPDATE*****

Postby nascarfan38124 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:50 pm

more pic tell me the ones you like the best
This is to be the background i will set the comp. on
these are just more whole computers that i make the map out of instead of a lot of little pic.

PS i still need a good pic of a mouse on a pad hopefully a "bird's eye" type of pic. thanks

Postby Herakilla on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:43 pm

if you made everything "Wireless" you could make up your own borders between countries. like a country on the keyboard is the receiver same for the mouse and comp and a wireless router also you could make like a little usb receriver for the comp. they could all attack eachother and this would make kind of a central place to attack from.
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

more than one map

Postby nascarfan38124 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:47 am

I decided that i am going to make two maps (both the small version) and have the public vote on them, one will be a basic colored map kinda like CCU, and then a modified pic. map but i need to find a way to fix the resolution on the pic i have if anybody knows an easy way please help me thanks

Postby fluffybunnykins on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:19 am

try using google image search and use the drop-down to have it show only large pictures in the results, see if you get a better starting point
Superman wears 'Fluffybunnykins' pyjamas
Corporal 1st Class fluffybunnykins

test

Postby nascarfan38124 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:44 pm

i want to know what color should i make the background
and this showed me that the font size needs to be bigger what is the average size used in the maps?
and this is the first look at the values for the continet bonuses
and last but not least (sorry for the cliche :lol:) should i make a router or a printer/scanner/copier thing
***NOTE the tower and router are still in development***
Thanks

Postby dussle on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:55 pm

My one problem is the borders, there are none, its all one big mess and I can't tell where you can attack what from.
Sergeant dussle

Postby Master Bush on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:57 pm

No 39% [ 9 ]

I'm one of those 9.
"You know what they say about Love and War...."
"Yeah, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's War."
Sergeant 1st Class Master Bush

Postby Dark Shadow on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:09 pm

I like the idea.
Private 1st Class Dark Shadow

UPDATE

Postby nascarfan38124 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:41 pm

i added the tower and attacking lines but i think i am going to take them away from inside the keyboard and tower and edit some other ones
****i want to know if you like the idea of a printer or a router****
also i want to know what you think of the bonuses

Postby Herakilla on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:56 pm

the keyboard currently has a lot of countries and many borders i would suggest taking some borders away otherwhise it will be a dead part of the map cuz with 6 borders no1 will want it. also for the cds it will be hard to get all of them seeing as they arent connected and that would make it a higher bonus than 3 even though it is only 4 countries those countries have many borders as well.

maybe you could put the tower sideways and open it up (take off the side panel thingy) then you could have countries like a motherboard or something. that would also allow a little more room for country names even if the map would be bigger.

and how can a moniter attack a printer/router?
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby nascarfan38124 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:12 am

Herakilla wrote:the keyboard currently has a lot of countries and many borders i would suggest taking some borders away otherwhise it will be a dead part of the map cuz with 6 borders no1 will want it. also for the cds it will be hard to get all of them seeing as they arent connected and that would make it a higher bonus than 3 even though it is only 4 countries those countries have many borders as well.

maybe you could put the tower sideways and open it up (take off the side panel thingy) then you could have countries like a motherboard or something. that would also allow a little more room for country names even if the map would be bigger.

and how can a moniter attack a printer/router?

I understand where you are coming from when you are talking about the keyboard but the only logical thing to take away would be the wrist support to blue cd because the others either make a dead end or make a long section in one country and almos no boarders. but now that i am looking at it again i could change the F keys to PC border into a PC into base boarder

the cds are too low when i first imagined it i wasnt thinking of almost 4 boarders for each (i was thinking 2 :oops: ) so i will change it probably to 5 what do you think? more?

and just so you know CC The Game is with the cds so there is 5 countries

your open tower idea is good but i am going for a 2d type mape and that would make it more 3d plus it would probably make the other continents smaller meaning less room for the others and finally i already have 33 countries not including the Printer/Router and if i opened it up that would just mean more and i think that there might be too much as it is but that is a really good idea and if i need more countries (for whatever reason) i'll definently consider it thanks

PS a moniter can attack the printer router because i said it could and it makes the map better (playing wise) :D

NOTE

Postby nascarfan38124 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:18 am

Just as a note because i havent said it earlier the countries and continets are as follows
Monitor-7
Tower-8
Keyboard-8
Mouse-6
CDs-5
Printer/Router-?
(not decided)
making the total to be 33+?
Thanks for all the Help

*****POLE*****

Postby nascarfan38124 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:52 am

*****NEW POLE*****
i want to know if i should make the printer/router as a router that serves as a central attack point or a scanner, printer, copy/fax machine something that will just act as another continent with a bonus either post a reply or pm me
I will read the replies and pms and will post your votes below i will continue to edit/update this post and mabye repost if needed

Router-2
Printer-4
(printer has + 1 because of my vote)
Thanks for the help
*****NEW POLE*****
Last edited by nascarfan38124 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Herakilla on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:54 am

you could leave the borders with the cds as is and make them not part of any continent like the quad and parking lot in ccu i dun think they are part of anything.
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby nascarfan38124 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:02 am

Herakilla wrote:you could leave the borders with the cds as is and make them not part of any continent like the quad and parking lot in ccu i dun think they are part of anything.

i did consider that earlier in the development (check Pg. 1 post #4 (my #2)) :roll: and decided that i want the cds to be a seperate continent because i dont have many continents

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:36 am

Is this going to go through a Jota like prettyfication? It needs it...
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas