Conquer Club

Updates 12/22/13 - Gaming Interface, Speed Autos, Maps Page

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 12/22/13 - Gaming Interface, Speed Autos, Maps P

Postby bigWham on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
bigWham wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I can see this is definitely an improvement to the UI, but it will take a while to get used to it.

So far I've had no luck moving the panels around. The little buttons light up and say "move down" or "move right" but nothing happens. Also, it is possible to resize them, is it not?

only the action panel can be resized when it is put in floating mode. with the panels first you have to detach them, then you can move them around to 3 different locations. if they do not move for you then this is a bug related to your setup... Please go to Web Developer > Web Console (or equivalent) and report any errors found in there.

Not entirely sure what I'm doing, but I hope this helps:
show

Edit: Tried a few more things, new console download added.
show

thanks. you are doing the right thing here. if possible could you clear your cache, then reload a game page and report that (without doing anything else on teh game page). then click on a move button and watch what happens in the console after you click, if anything.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:56 pm

I turned on this new interface... but it does not work for me.. As shown below... it says it is going to move right... and I click it and it does nothing... It is totally unusable to me right now.

firefox
windows 7
some add ons

Click image to enlarge.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby nietzsche on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 am

bigWham wrote:
nietzsche wrote:ok, i tried to use it but it was a pain in the ass, i had to give like 100 click before i could analyze my opponents previous move, chat a bit and take my turn. then the clickies were not working for some reason, used the attack button instead, which moved and had to locate it afterwards to click again.

fail.

it is possible that you have failed to understand the update. you can detach and move the panels wherever you want, so all that clicking should not be necessary.

Maybe, is it counterintuitive?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:13 am

Bruceswar wrote:I turned on this new interface... but it does not work for me.. As shown below... it says it is going to move right... and I click it and it does nothing... It is totally unusable to me right now.

firefox
windows 7
some add ons

Click image to enlarge.

does that happen if you disable GM, particularly bob? also, could you clear your cache to make sure no stale files are being used.

i see there is some chat underneath the console which should not be there. beyond that i do recognize the state that that screen is in. is there a map visible? could you report what the Web Console says?
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:19 am

bigWham wrote:thanks. you are doing the right thing here. if possible could you clear your cache, then reload a game page and report that (without doing anything else on teh game page). then click on a move button and watch what happens in the console after you click, if anything.

Okay, after I cleared my cache, I was able to move the panels!

=D>

I did not get any error messages in the console when I moved the panels. I did, however, get some error messages in the console when I tried clicking "skip to next game"
show

I'm starting to understand how the panels work. I definitely can see the usefulness, although like I said, it will take some getting used to.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:22 am

I appreciate what your trying to do but I would rather updates came out a little slower and tested better than just rolled out.

Also I have used clickies for a long time and the site clickies really suck...I agree with tec805 on clickies...now taking turns is really a bear :x
Private mcshanester29

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:56 am

Dukasaur wrote:
bigWham wrote:thanks. you are doing the right thing here. if possible could you clear your cache, then reload a game page and report that (without doing anything else on teh game page). then click on a move button and watch what happens in the console after you click, if anything.

=D>

I did not get any error messages in the console when I moved the panels. I did, however, get some error messages in the console when I tried clicking "skip to next game"
show

I'm starting to understand how the panels work. I definitely can see the usefulness, although like I said, it will take some getting used to.

did click to next game work? it's a little hard to parse them, but i don't think any of these logs are a problem that i can see, they appear to warnings and/or information. your previous consoles had some nastier messages.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:57 am

bigWham wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

=D>

show

did click to next game work? it's a little hard to parse them, but i don't think any of these logs are a problem that i can see, they appear to warnings and/or information. your previous consoles had some nastier messages.

Yes, it worked.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:01 am

mcshanester29 wrote:I appreciate what your trying to do but I would rather updates came out a little slower and tested better than just rolled out.

Also I have used clickies for a long time and the site clickies really suck...I agree with tec805 on clickies...now taking turns is really a bear :x

we have a testing group with over 50 people in it that tested this for 3 weeks. at a certain point it becomes diminishing returns... with so many different technology setups out there we could have tested this for 3 years and not got everything perfect for everyone. based on dukasaur above, i think some people are experiencing file caching issues. anyway, if you want to contribute to the testing, please contact IcePack.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:06 am

I just cleared my cache, but when I try to open up a game I get a message that says "Must everything take time" and it won't let me take my turns or anything.

Here is what my web console says:

show

I'm using Firefox, Greasemonkey turned off, PC
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Lieutenant angola

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:14 am

angola wrote:I just cleared my cache, but when I try to open up a game I get a message that says "Must everything take time" and it won't let me take my turns or anything.

Here is what my web console says:

show

I'm using Firefox, Greasemonkey turned off, PC

thanks - try it again now.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:17 am

Cleared cache again and got the same error.

show
Lieutenant angola

Postby mcshanester29 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:23 am

bigWham wrote:
mcshanester29 wrote:I appreciate what your trying to do but I would rather updates came out a little slower and tested better than just rolled out.

we have a testing group with over 50 people in it that tested this for 3 weeks. at a certain point it becomes diminishing returns... with so many different technology setups out there we could have tested this for 3 years and not got everything perfect for everyone. based on dukasaur above, i think some people are experiencing file caching issues. anyway, if you want to contribute to the testing, please contact IcePack.

I already spend enough time on CC as it is so I will pass on contributing to the testing. My problem is that my experience on CC is starting to be more work than fun. I know that 3rd party addons are not part of the site, but they make the experience much smoother and let things get done faster and smoother, i.e. clickies that don't suck, watch game, etc. when they don't work I spend more time trying to take turns and updating tournaments. Now almost every time there is an update the addons don't work, not to mention some part of the functionality of the site itself that takes several days to weeks to fix what the update broke.

Like I said I appreciate the drive to update the site and have appreciated some of the new features, its just getting to the point where its starting to not be as fun but a chore.
Private mcshanester29

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:25 am

angola wrote:Cleared cache again and got the same error.

show

sorry, try it again. you shouldn't have to clear cache, unless something odd is afoot.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:33 am

bigWham wrote:

show

sorry, try it again. you shouldn't have to clear cache, unless something odd is afoot.

No such luck. I restarted my browser just to make sure that wasn't the issue.
Lieutenant angola

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:38 am

angola wrote:
bigWham wrote:

show

No such luck. I restarted my browser just to make sure that wasn't the issue.

are you still getting: 22:16:47.402 TypeError: actionForm.draggable is not a function game_interface.js:862

because that function call has been removed and shouldn't be able to even happen.

not that the error should have been happening in the first place (and i can't reproduce it), so perhaps some bigger issue is at play.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:42 am

I don't see that error anymore.

show
Lieutenant angola

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:47 am

angola wrote:I don't see that error anymore.

show

seems for whatever reason your browser is not loading the functions related to panel dragging, which are in a separate file. it might be a timing issue, related to teh timeline of how it is loading the files. i've made a change that might make a difference... or not. this might be a tricky one to resolve, but i'll keep at it.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:50 am

Here is what it shows now.

show
Lieutenant angola

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:53 am

angola wrote:Here is what it shows now.

show

thanks for your help. i am not sure what this issue is exactly. i will need to come at it again tomorrow.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby angola on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:58 am

No worries. I can play, just without the new interface.
Lieutenant angola

Postby tec805 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 am

Is anyone else having the log file start at the top instead of the bottom? First thing I do is always look at the log, annoying to need to scroll...

Disabled Clickable Maps, built-in clickies are really rough, had to revert to using the buttons (gasp!). It felt so primitive... I think I shall go to bed and hopefully dream of candy canes and nice clickies...
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:10 am

Is there anyway to replicate bob's hover over a territory feature when using a phone /tablet?
Captain jetsetwilly

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:12 am

bigWham wrote:
angola wrote:Here is what it shows now.

show

thanks for your help. i am not sure what this issue is exactly. i will need to come at it again tomorrow.

on second thought it was right before our eyes:

22:49:31.736 Blocked loading mixed active content "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.9.1/jquery-ui.js"[Learn More] game.php
22:49:31.737 Blocked loading mixed active content "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.7.1/themes/base/jquery-ui.css"[Learn More] game.php

your browser was blocking certain scripts getting pulled in from google because of perceived security issues ('http' instead of 'https'). this was probably triggered because you were using an https url for some reason... or maybe by browser settings. anyway, now it stands a better shot.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 am

tec805 wrote:

Is anyone else having the log file start at the top instead of the bottom? First thing I do is always look at the log, annoying to need to scroll...

Disabled Clickable Maps, built-in clickies are really rough, had to revert to using the buttons (gasp!). It felt so primitive... I think I shall go to bed and hopefully dream of candy canes and nice clickies...

the log file shouldn't start at top unless you have put it there in the new interface. please post a screenshot.
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives