Conquer Club

Update: Campaigns

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Update: Campaigns

Postby JamesKer1 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:56 pm

Hide your money, hide your credits, hide your points, because they're wagering EVERYTHING out here!

Introducing Campaigns!

Campaigns are, as denominator put it, essentially " having users create their own auto-tournaments." But they are so much more, this quote only scratches the surface!

A campaign is a series of games between the same players, and every game in a campaign involves all players. Games may be played across multiple rounds.

There is an entry fee, in credits, to enter a campaign. If you offer a prize that exceeds the value of the entry fees when starting the campaign, you will pay the difference. Points are exchanged as well as credits in campaigns as they would be in a standard game.

Just because you make a campaign, doesn't mean you have to join it. Once created, you can invite players from the Campaign's Individual Page. If you don't use a password, all other players will be able to join the Campaign. You can join a Campaign if you have the individual link from the creator.

To access Campaigns, go to the "Start a Game" page or THIS LINK.

We have also designated a 24/7 gambling addiction hotline, headed by agentcom, as a part of this update. Please play responsibly, but not too responsibly or you won't have any fun!

-TeamCC
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: Update: Campaigns

Postby waauw on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:44 am

and how would one go about finding the list of open campaigns?
Lieutenant waauw

Postby grt on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:50 am

waauw wrote:and how would one go about finding the list of open campaigns?

I was wondering the same. Also, how to find active campaigns?
Major grt

Postby concrete on Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:09 am

I tried to make a feudal campaign with 6 players, 4 rounds, 1 game per round. No matter what I tried, it always came back as ERROR, THIS MAP CANNOT HAVE MORE THEN 6 PLAYERS. I tried lowering it to 4 players and it said the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?
Captain concrete

Location: Highest score...3251 /#49 .... sitters: RKCVED, scottp

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:23 am

concrete wrote:I tried to make a feudal campaign with 6 players, 4 rounds, 1 game per round. No matter what I tried, it always came back as ERROR, THIS MAP CANNOT HAVE MORE THEN 6 PLAYERS. I tried lowering it to 4 players and it said the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?

I'll have it looked at thank you.
IcePack
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:28 am

grt wrote:
waauw wrote:and how would one go about finding the list of open campaigns?

I was wondering the same. Also, how to find active campaigns?

Users will hopefully self promote their own open campaigns (perhaps in callouts?)
But you can also look for open campaigns using the tournament search tool:

Http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=tournaments2

Change status to = open
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Ffraid on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Say someone is charging 50 credits to enter a 4 player campaign but the prize is only 100 credits. What happens to the other 100 credits?
Colonel Ffraid

Postby Lord Arioch on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:34 pm

My account nr is ...:)
Well ive wondered about that in another thread in general discussion ..
i would assume it goes to the one organizing?
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Ffraid on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Yeah, that was my assumption as well but I figured I might as well ask for an official clarification.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby grt on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:35 pm

PM me if you want to join a Campaign.

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... nt_id=2448

50 credit entry - 4 players - 3 games - random map, escalating.
Major grt

Postby concrete on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:48 pm

When I made an 8 player random camp. and placed a pw on it, I invited 7 players to join. I cannot view that list of invited players and wont know if 1 or more of them turn down the invite. I think if someone could add this little feature it would help the players creating these campaigns. Also, still having no luck at all creating feudal war campaigns.
Captain concrete

Postby concrete on Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:52 pm

And..........we need to be able to look up campaign games through the "Game Finder". I see no way to this currently. Some way for players to find these games needs to be put in place.
Captain concrete

Postby codierose on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:18 pm

if i have no credits how do i join these campaigns
Lieutenant codierose

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:26 pm

codierose wrote:if i have no credits how do i join these campaigns

You don't. That's the whole betting thing. All of the players put the credits in, and who wins, win all the credits in the pot. Simple as that.
Captain dakky21

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 pm

dakky21 wrote:
codierose wrote:if i have no credits how do i join these campaigns

You don't. That's the whole betting thing. All of the players put the credits in, and who wins, win all the credits in the pot. Simple as that.

Yeah you would have to earn, win, or purchase credits to participate.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby codierose on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:53 pm

get you now just another way to rob people on this site. Has the massive increase in membership fees not enough. f*ck this. What happens to the credits not handed out in prizes
Lieutenant codierose

Postby IcePack on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:51 pm

codierose wrote:get you now just another way to rob people on this site. Has the massive increase in membership fees not enough. f*ck this. What happens to the credits not handed out in prizes

I'm pretty sure it's not some massive conspiracy to rob people lol
It was another requested feature. It even allows players to leverage credits and win more than they had, so it would cost them less possibly than it used to and gives more used for existing credits that players purchase or win.

As far as the credits go, I'm fairly certain it does not go to the organizer. Not 100% sure, I know all my tests I was maximizing the prize as planned incentives for people to sign up . Don't know why anyone would sign up for a tournament where 10 people pay 100 credit (1000 total) and prize is only 100. That sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

Why wouldn't you maximize the prizes for the campaign?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Ffraid on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:58 am

IcePack wrote:As far as the credits go, I'm fairly certain it does not go to the organizer. Not 100% sure, I know all my tests I was maximizing the prize as planned incentives for people to sign up . Don't know why anyone would sign up for a tournament where 10 people pay 100 credit (1000 total) and prize is only 100. That sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

Why wouldn't you maximize the prizes for the campaign?

Well, of course you wouldn't pay 100 to win 100. But, in your example, if you pay 100 to win 500 that still leaves 500 out there.

I don't know why you wouldn't maximize the prizes for the campaign, unless the organizer gets the extra credits but, if you check the campaigns that are out there, there are some where all of the entry fees are not being given out as prizes.

Just as the first example that came up: 50C Campaign. Entry: 50 credits. No prize at all, that I can see.

Of course, there would be no point in joining that one, but here's another example hi. Players: 12. Entry: 1100 credits. Prize: 1900 credits. So, you could win something, but what happens to the other 11300 credits?
Colonel Ffraid

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:31 pm

I really don't know why people would be creating those with such low prizes to begin with if they're charging that much for entry.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby grt on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Ffraid wrote:
IcePack wrote:Just as the first example that came up: 50C Campaign. Entry: 50 credits. No prize at all, that I can see.

Well that ain't right you shouldn't be able to create a game that requires credits and no prize. I see what I did but my assumption was minimum prize would be the collective pot. If, as the host, I decided to give extra then that is ok. I see no way to cancel this campaign.

I think there are a few refinements that need to be made.
Major grt

Postby shoop76 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:35 pm

grt wrote:
Ffraid wrote:
IcePack wrote:Just as the first example that came up: 50C Campaign. Entry: 50 credits. No prize at all, that I can see.

Well that ain't right you shouldn't be able to create a game that requires credits and no prize. I see what I did but my assumption was minimum prize would be the collective pot. If, as the host, I decided to give extra then that is ok. I see no way to cancel this campaign.

That's the way I thought it was too. Seems like this was not tested very well.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:18 pm

shoop76 wrote:
grt wrote:
Ffraid wrote:

It literally has a place where you select the prize, if you don't pay attention to the game creation page for your own campaign, sounds like it's a user issue.

Not being able to delete is another thing, I'll check into that.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:28 pm

IcePack wrote:
shoop76 wrote:
grt wrote:
Ffraid wrote:

It literally has a place where you select the prize, if you don't pay attention to the game creation page for your own campaign, sounds like it's a user issue.

I'm an experienced tournament organiser with well over 100 tournaments under my belt, but I still sometimes make mistakes when creating games. It happens, for a variety of reasons. That's why things like this need to have options for going back and editing and/or deleting.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby IcePack on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
IcePack wrote:
shoop76 wrote:
grt wrote:
Ffraid wrote:

I'm an experienced tournament organiser with well over 100 tournaments under my belt, but I still sometimes make mistakes when creating games. It happens, for a variety of reasons. That's why things like this need to have options for going back and editing and/or deleting.

Which is why I said....

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Next

Return to Announcement Archives