Conquer Club

Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - new xml and towns bonus

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderators: [Official] Foundry Assistants, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - changes are done

Postby Oneyed on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:44 am

RedBaron0 wrote:Without any issues commented on this'll be last call on this map, any further issues should be mentioned within the next couple days. After that, quench.

I asked some guys who play this map before changes and after changes and they like it more after changes. so I hope everybody is happy with this map. :)

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby iancanton on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:47 pm

RedBaron0 wrote:Without any issues commented on this'll be last call on this map, any further issues should be mentioned within the next couple days. After that, quench.

there were only 2 completed 1v1, auto-placement, sequential, escalating, chained, sunny, non-trench games with unlimited rounds (the same settings as my previous analysis), being 14818931 and 14771871, that used the xml with n2 neutrals and +1 auto-deploy for the two capitals. both capitals were attacked successfully in 1 game and bratislava was the sole capital taken in 1 game. in both games, the first player to take praha or bratislava lost the game. no-one received a bonus from the drop and player 1 won 1 out of 2, which is 50%.

i also analysed 10 completed polymorphic-2, auto-placement, sequential, no spoils, chained, sunny, non-trench games with unlimited rounds, from 14875307 to 14911644, that used the xml with n2 neutrals and +1 auto-deploy for the two capitals. both capitals were attacked successfully in no games, bratislava was the sole capital taken in 1 game, praha was the sole capital taken in 2 games and both capitals remained neutral in 7 games. in the 3 games where a capital was taken, the first player to take a capital always lost the game. no-one received a bonus from the drop and player 1 won 5 out of 10, which is 50%.

in the 12 games above, praha was ignored in 9 games (75%), bratislava was ignored in 9 games (75%) and both were ignored in 7 games (58%). a negative bonus was awarded in both standard games, but in none of the polymorphic-2 games. the czech kraj bonus was held in 10 games out of 12 (including both standard games), the slovak kraj bonus in 8 games (all 8 were poly-2), the czech town bonus in 3 games (1 standard and 2 poly-2) and the slovak town bonus in 2 games (both standard).

Dukasaur wrote:You might want to see what percentage of those who capture an early capital go on to win the game.

in 5 games out of 12, a player captured at least one capital. in all 5 games, the first player to take a capital lost the game, so the success rate was 0%.

Oneyed wrote:could capitals start as n3? is it not too much +1 with 4 towns and +1 autodeploy for region which starts n2?

even with neutrals at n2, auto-deploy of +1 and bonus of +1 for 4 towns, the capitals are unpopular in poly-2 games, perhaps because the first one to take a capital usually loses. if u start the capitals at n3, then u must increase the auto-deploy to +2 to compensate.

Oneyed wrote:I asked some guys who play this map before changes and after changes and they like it more after changes. so I hope everybody is happy with this map. :)

this sounds promising! it's mainly ur decision as to whether u want to quench the map now (i believe we're ready), wait for more data or change the neutrals and auto-deploy. do u agree with promoting the map now to full live play?

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) General Contribution (13)

Postby Oneyed on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:17 pm

some results of your analysis sonds very good.
I am not happy that capitals are so unpopular and also that towns bonus is so rare held.
also it is interesting that player who take capitalas the first lost each game...

I am fine with move map forward. maybe we should try to doone change for towns bonus from "+1 for every 4 towns" to "+1 for every 3 towns", or "+2 for every 4 towns"?

ian, what a great analysis! thank you :)

Oneyed

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby iancanton on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm

if u want to change the town bonus, then "+2 for every 4 towns" sounds good. this will make the praha town bonus more easily broken (higher risk and higher reward), compared with "+1 for every 3 towns". perhaps u can also remove the starting neutral for brno because there is no special advantage in holding brno. even with only a neutral of n1, brno is sometimes ignored. not everyone wants to see veveri castle!

http://www.veveri.cz/en/

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) General Contribution (13)

Postby Oneyed on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:14 pm

very nice castle. I never hear about it. did you visit it?

ok, I will change bonus for towns. I can not remember why Brno was codded as n1.

Oneyed

Re: Czecho Slovak Fragmentation - new xml and towns bonus

Postby Oneyed on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:07 am

last change: capitals gain +2 for every 4 towns in the same republic

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Oneyed
Attachments
Fragmentation_of_CSFR.xml
(15.91 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

Previous

Return to Beta Maps