Conquer Club

History 101 [COMPLETED]

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: History 101 [rescued]

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 am

Waterloo games have been created and invitations sent.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Eddy_26 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:09 am

Sorry, never got around to posting...thanks for keeping me in. And thanks for rescuing this :)
Major Eddy_26

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 pm

mickunited333 wrote:Tournament Game: History 101 - Modern Phase, Waterloo round

sry mate off on holiday soon so i have to decline
once again sry
Mick

ok, we have to get by without mickunited

We have 3 players at the bottom of the list that didn't make the top 16:
woolleyy 24
phillipm 24
Frito Bandito 24
Of the three, only Frito posted in, so I'll put him in for mick.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:25 pm

xabigerrard and uckuki have not accepted their invites as of right now. I have to leave soon for a few days, so unfortunately if their invites expire I won't be able to renew them until at least Wednesday and possibly Friday.

Edit: Aug 5th: uckuki joined his game, xabigerrard did not. Given the fact that this tournament sat for 5 months unattended, I think I should be willing to be patient.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:05 pm

xabigerrard is supposed to be back from vacation on the 14th. On that day I will send him one final invite. If he does not accept he will be replaced by woolley. (phillipm PMd me and is no longer interested, so that leaves woolley as our only hope if xabigerrard does not play.)

Thank you all for your patience.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:26 am

Okay, I think we finally have things sorted out and under control.

The regular 16 players:
uptothemax
benga
musteriuz
fattyb
xabigerrard
saraith
uckuki
Dunk90
mwcc
Finsfleet
Bernooch
dragon dor
Eddy_26
ViperOverLord
ETROPAL
Frito Bandito

+woolleyy who is 1st reserve in case anyone drops out.

There are 3 freemiums in the tourney: Dunk90, xabigerrard, and fattyb, but all 3 of them have slots open. Xabigerrard has returned from vacation and joined his game, so I've started the next game (American Civil War) in the series. If everybody joins promptly, I will start the next one (Eastern Hemisphere) soon after. I will put up a new scores spreadsheet soon. In the meantime, nobody has challenged the scores that I posted on July 24th, so I will take those as official.

Thank you all for your patience while we got this old clunker warmed up, out of the parking lot, and back on the road...:-)

Just as a reminder, the game lists are in my first post:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=115344&start=150#p3275333
Last edited by Dukasaur on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Ok, all American Civil War games have successfully started. While we have everybody's attention, and all our freemiums have a free slot, I'm going to start up the next round.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:15 am

Ok, all the Eastern Empire games started without any drama. The Ottoman Empire games have been created and invitations sent out, and with a bit of luck I'll be able to start the WW II games tomorrow!

I want to thank all our free players: Dunk90, xabigerrard, and fattyb, for being very conscientious about this and keeping their slots free for this tournament!
=D> =D>
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Ottoman Empire games started successfully. WWII Europe games have been created and invitations sent out.

If you're looking for the gameboards, they're on page 11: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=115344&p=3275335#p3275333
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 am

Next game should be out within a day or two.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby musteriuz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 am

Game 9644571 completed.
Highest score: 2159 Highest rank: 486
(How are the mighty fallen)
[Tourney achievements are on my wall]
Sergeant 1st Class musteriuz

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:24 am

Omaha Beach games have been created and invitations sent out.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby musteriuz on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:24 am

Musteriuz won Game 9663572.

Postby musteriuz on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Game 9577428 complete, benga getting one kill (and a good laugh) and musteriuz getting two kills.

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:13 am

musteriuz wrote:Game 9577428 complete, benga getting one kill (and a good laugh) and musteriuz getting two kills.

You could always make your game numbers into functional game links like this: Game 9577428 , so a curious person could easily go have a look..:-)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 am

Arms Race games have been created and invitations sent out.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 am

My list of tournaments thus far:
My FIRST tournament: Dukasaur's Knucklehead Tournament
My SECOND tournament: Intensities in Ten Cities!
My THIRD tournament: DK's 3-3-3
My FOURTH tournament: DK's CC Scrabble
My FIFTH tournament: A Fifth of Dukasaur
My SIXTH tournament: DK's koontz-style tourney
My SEVENTH tournament: Jules Verne Contest(new thread) (rescued from its original creator DJENRE)
My EIGHTH tournament: LOTTERY V (rescued from its original creator DJENRE)
My NINTH tournament: History of Nuclear War I
My TENTH tournament: DK's Friendship Festival
My ELEVENTH tournament: DK's koontz-style II
My TWELFTH tournament: History 101 (rescued from Blinkadyblink)
My THIRTEENTH tournament: My First Tourney (rescued from Sword Master: it was HIS first tourney, not mine, lol)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 pm

There are six games still active in the final round. I imagine some of them (especially the flat rate games) will still take some time, but meanwhile I would like to talk about the final championship.

Blinkadyblink wrote:Advancing from Section to Section
You will need to earn 26 points in the first (Classical) section to advance to the next. Half the points you earn in this section will carry over to the next one, so you will have to earn 39 points to get past the second (Medieval/Early Modern) section. Half of these point will carry over to the next (Modern) section. The two people with the highest point total after this section will play a best-of-six series on Fractured America, USApocalypse, and Extreme Global Warming (tie goes to whomever had the most points) for the championship!

I have trouble with this idea of having the final be a two-player series. Most of the games have been four-player. Two-player and four-player are radically different playing styles. To me, this whole idea makes as much sense as having a hockey tournament and settling the final game with a tennis match. I would like the final series to be four-player also, unless there are strong objections.

(I have NOT compiled any scores. At this point I do not know who those four players would be, and quite honestly, I think it's better that way. I would not like any bias to creep into this discussion.)

The other thing I'm having trouble with is this "best-of-six" series. I'm not sure what blinkandyblink meant when he wrote that. Normally one does "best of" with an odd number, like "best-of-five" or "best-of-seven." What does one do with a "best-of-six"? Does that mean someone has to win four games to win? Also, does it mean that there would be six of each of the three listed maps, or two of each for a total of six? And, given that the tourney has mixed Standard, Terminator, and Assassin game types, which would they be? Too much was left out of the original tourney description.

Anyway, I have the following to propose:
The top four players after the Modern Phase scores are compiled will go to the championship. There will be seven games in the championship. Each of the four players will choose one map from among those already played. The game type on that map will be the same as was originally played. (So, if you choose Siege! it will be assassin, if you choose New World it will be terminator, and so on.) The last three games will be a Standard on Fractured America, an Assassin on USApocalypse, and a Terminator on Extreme Global Warming.

All four players will start with zero points going into the championship, and the top score after those final seven games wins. The scoring system would be the same as the scoring system thus far. Since we do still have a couple freemiums, I will only send out the games as they have slots available, but they must continue to keep 3 reserved for this.

Comments? Everyone willing to go with this?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Okay, I've already gotten one objection from someone who is counting on being able to play 1v1 in the final. So, I guess what it boils down to is this:
I'm very much interested in hearing everybody's input. However, in the end, the opinions that will matter most will be those of the people who actually qualify to play in the final. We won't know that until we tally the scores. In the meantime, this is all hypothetical.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Frito Bandito on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 am

change the final to a 4 player if possible
Lieutenant Frito Bandito

Postby Dunk90 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Is this Tourney going to be updated? If so, where how and when?
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Corporal Dunk90

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Dunk90 wrote:Is this Tourney going to be updated? If so, where how and when?

I haven't been rushing to get to the scores since there are still games ongoing. My current job has been killing me, and I've been trimming my CC participation to just the essentials. The essentials, in this case, meant to keep the games moving along, and push the scoreboard to the back burner.

However, with very few games left now, this is quickly moving higher on my priority list. I doubt if I will have time this weekend, but next weekend quite possibly I will start to assemble scores.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby musteriuz on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Game 9721276 completed with musteriuz making 3 kills.

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:13 am

Ok, there are still a couple games going, but they have passed round 30, and so should have been subject to the deadlocked games rule in the original Post 1. I shall have to start compiling scores.

Expect the finals to start soon. I can't give an exact day, but soon.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Okay, starting the process of adding up the scores. First, a refresher on the scoring system:

Blinkadyblink wrote:Players will be awarded points in the following manner.

In a Standard game: 1 point for each opponent eliminated, and 2x + 1 points for winning a game with x players. So if you win a 6-player standard game and eliminated 3 people, you would get 3 points for the eliminations plus 13 (2(6) + 1) points for winning for a total of 16 points.

In a Terminator game: 2 points for each opponent eliminated, and x + 2 points for winning a game with x players. So if you win a 6-player terminator game and eliminated 3 people, you would get 6 points for the eliminations plus 8 points for winning for a total of 14 points.

In an Assassin game: 3x points for winning a game with x players. So if you win a 6-player assassin game, you would get 18 points.

No matter what the game type is, and no matter how many players there are, players will, on average, get 3 points per game. Because of this, the number of players in your games will vary depending on how many players advance past each section.

If a player kicked out of a standard game for deadbeating or breaking the rules, no one will receive any points for his elimination. If the player is kicked out of a terminator game no one will receive points for his elimination unless they actually conquer all his territories. If the player is kicked out of an assassin game, scores will not be affected[/spoiler]
show: Round Limits

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2011