Conquer Club

HA's Thursday Bracket Speed Tourney-ONE(COMPLETE)

Tournaments completed in 2011.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: HA's Thursday Bracket Speed Tourney-ONE(COMPLETE)

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 am

If I understand uckuki and bobby correctly, I agree. I wouldn't bother with seeding or randomizing the list, just pop people into games in the order they show up. I would open a chat room window, and first persons who pops in and says "I'm ready" gets in. First person who says "I won my game gets popped into a 2nd round game, and so on.

And yes, keep it to 42s and smaller, or maybe 45s and smaller .... no random, and no gargantuan maps. Never mind Hive bomb.... can you imagine getting stuck with First Nations Americas on Speed? Just scrolling up and down to see where your armies are would take most of your five minutes!

Was a lot of fun -- thanks for inviting me!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:38 am

Dukasaur wrote:If I understand uckuki and bobby correctly, I agree. I wouldn't bother with seeding or randomizing the list, just pop people into games in the order they show up. I would open a chat room window, and first persons who pops in and says "I'm ready" gets in. First person who says "I won my game gets popped into a 2nd round game, and so on.

And yes, keep it to 42s and smaller, or maybe 45s and smaller .... no random, and no gargantuan maps. Never mind Hive bomb.... can you imagine getting stuck with First Nations Americas on Speed? Just scrolling up and down to see where your armies are would take most of your five minutes!

Was a lot of fun -- thanks for inviting me!

The window idea could be tricky, but sertainly nothing wrong with a first-come first-served approach.

:)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:41 am

Congrats HA on the first Speed Bracket Tournament.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby kass23 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:31 am

First off I want to say congrats on a successful tourney. I agree with eveyone and the map size and no random. But like you said I would open up the first spots to the people that joined and played first. If you can get a few more of these down with say your core group of people that are always willing, you will draw more interest. And possibly move to a 32 bracket. Now that would be a headache to play in and organize.

Or maybe even to a 2 day 2 different brackets of 16 and the winner of day one plays against the winner of day 2.

Just my thoughts. I am in whenever you need me as long as they are around the same time.
Cadet kass23

Postby dumhic on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:34 am

I must say that that was a great start for HA in that tourny..... you'll see his comments above we had an 18 round battle.
It was well put together and I felt that was prolly the best map for an initial tourney to be played on, and the time worked out great this time... considering that my timetable is all over the country with me living in 2 different time zones......
I hope all the others enjoyed it.... and if time ever permittted.... either a double knock out or maybe a round robin with winners advancing, but that'd be over a 2 or 4 day period built over say.. a week or two...
anyways thanks HA
and thanks to all whom came out

Ash
aka dumhic
Cook dumhic

Previous

Return to Completed 2011