Conquer Club

JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (winner: TalynStarburst)

Tournaments completed in 2010.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (rd. 1)

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

okay, games moving along, we have seen our first game end, I'll send out the next set of games over the weekend, and update the standings if enough games have finished
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:58 pm

second round games sent, monster10 has dropped the tourney so the reserve, raeziel, is replacing him

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 pm

btw, only a couple of games have finished, so I am not doing standings yet, I'll do them sometime this week probably

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 am

damn, why did monster have to drop out. I won all three of the first set.... :D
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:05 am

haha, with 3 wins you'll easily advance anyway, but trust me, him dropping out is a major pain in the ass for me, he was in 4 or 5 of my tourneys

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:11 am

dude tried to join my clan and after doing some digging realized what a douchebag he is. not really surprised.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (round 2)standings 4/22

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 pm

standings updated, I'll probably send out the final group of games for round 1 over the weekend

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (round 2 + 3)standings 4/22

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 am

okay, I decided to go ahead and send out the third round. As said in the PM's, if you have a real problem with joining 3 more games, PM me back and you can wait to join them until after your second round games are done. 3 games shouldn't really be a problem though since everyone in the tourney is premium

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (round 2 + 3)standings 4/22

Postby AgentSmith88 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:08 pm

it's looking like whoever can manage to win 1 game in my set will move on :D

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (round 2 + 3)standings 5/2

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun May 02, 2010 3:27 pm

second round standings updated, mostly just 3rd round games left

Postby Sebastian4141 on Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey JRH and fellow players,

I'm looking pretty good to advance from my group, but is there any way we can change up the format or bracket somehow to make the tournament go faster somehow? We started two months and are still on round 1, and if I'm reading it right, we've got two or three more rounds.

I've been trying to get my Conquer Club games down because I might be offline for 3-5 days in a row at some point, which would mean deadbeating out of any games I was in. All my other tournaments/games are wrapping up...

If others like the format, I could just give up my spot to someone else, but I'm not sure if any of us realized how long it goes on this setting. Alex's Empire with 4 men means people take bonuses and deploy, which means the value for killing someone for cards doesn't kick in until the cash is quite high. Combine that with 9 games and the top two advancing, and I could see this tourney going another two to six months before it finishes. Thoughts?
Major Sebastian4141

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

You're right, Alex's Empire does tend to have long games. In terms of the tourney length, after this week I'm pretty much done with hard schoolwork for the year, so games would probably come out more consistently, at about a round per week. That would mean about another two months to finish up the tourney.

I don't want to change up the settings mid-tournament unless the players are pretty much unanimous in wanting to shorten it. I think the best/only way we have to shorten it at this point is to just make it fewer sets of games. 5 is about the limit of how many I like to send out at once because many people (understandably) don't want to play too many games at once for the same tournament, but I would certainly be happy to make it 2 sets of 4/5 games for the rest of the tournament. I will send out a PM tomorrow to get people's opinions on it, trying to log off as soon as possible today, I have an essay to finish :sick:

Postby AgentSmith88 on Fri May 07, 2010 1:14 am

Sebastian4141 wrote:Hey JRH and fellow players,

I'm looking pretty good to advance from my group, but is there any way we can change up the format or bracket somehow to make the tournament go faster somehow? We started two months and are still on round 1, and if I'm reading it right, we've got two or three more rounds.

I've been trying to get my Conquer Club games down because I might be offline for 3-5 days in a row at some point, which would mean deadbeating out of any games I was in. All my other tournaments/games are wrapping up...

If others like the format, I could just give up my spot to someone else, but I'm not sure if any of us realized how long it goes on this setting. Alex's Empire with 4 men means people take bonuses and deploy, which means the value for killing someone for cards doesn't kick in until the cash is quite high. Combine that with 9 games and the top two advancing, and I could see this tourney going another two to six months before it finishes. Thoughts?

That's the nature of the beast. Most tournaments take a month or 2 at minimum to finish. Please don't pm me jrh, I'm getting enough stupid questions (not referring to you sebastian) about my tourneys filling up my inbox. I'm letting you know my opinion right here: keep it the way it is. What i would suggest for you sebastian is to find someone who can sit your account for you. If you can't find someone at home maybe you can find someone on the site to do it for you. I am usually gone on the weekends during the summer, but I get a clanmate to sit my account for me. I hate missing turns!

P.S. I think I'm getting the #1 seed for round 2 :D

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (round 3)standings 5/2

Postby sonicsteve on Mon May 10, 2010 8:18 am

From my point of view I don't mind the tourney lasting several months. But like Seb I'm currently trying to wind down the number of games I'm in before going on holiday at the end of May, so 9 new games all at once would be unhelpful right now (but no problem for me from mid-June).

Of course you'll get 16 different views on this, but I personally don't mind if you change the rules partway through.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Postby AgentSmith88 on Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 pm

sonicsteve wrote:From my point of view I don't mind the tourney lasting several months. But like Seb I'm currently trying to wind down the number of games I'm in before going on holiday at the end of May, so 9 new games all at once would be unhelpful right now (but no problem for me from mid-June).

Of course you'll get 16 different views on this, but I personally don't mind if you change the rules partway through.

Mid-June is definitley not going to work for our soccer hooligan friends across the pond

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby sonicsteve on Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm

haha - I'm one of those!

Don't worry, I can fit in games in between watching matches - it's what half time is for.
Major sonicsteve

Location: within walking distance of the sea, waiting for global warming so I can jump in.

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (round 3) standings 5/12

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm

okay, only a couple more games ongoing. I'll post a couple options to shorten the tourney in the first set of next round

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (Round 2, Set 1) standings 5

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat May 15, 2010 12:45 am

first part of the second round sent with a poll in the PM. I will count up the votes Sunday night (after almost 48 hours) and see whether I will change anything

DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS HERE, I PROBABLY WILL NOT CHECK THE THREAD. if you want to post here, at least PM me also

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sat May 15, 2010 2:22 am

all right, I'm leaving it the same (I know it's not Sunday yet)

I have close to half the responses, I think 2 people said have it as just 1 game, and the other 4 or 5 said to leave it.

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun May 23, 2010 2:40 pm

second group of games sent

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (Round 2, All Sets out)

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun May 30, 2010 1:37 am

final set of games sent, standings updated

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney(Round 2 finishing)standings

Postby jrh_cardinal on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:38 am

standings updated, 2 of 4 championship spots clinched

Re: JRH's 4 player Alex tourney (final part 1 of 3)

Postby jrh_cardinal on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 pm

okay, the championship is set, I sent the first 3 games

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:12 am

Sebastian has to resign from the tourney, so ETROPAL will be replacing him in the final

Postby jrh_cardinal on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:26 pm

final group of championship games sent

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2010