Conquer Club

Dojo Yaburi [Winners: See 1st Post]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Tie-breaking poll

Poll ended at Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:09 pm

There are two options in order to decide the winner among all the Dojos that emerge with their master unbeaten. Choice A: knock out the defeated Dojos and defeated students (defensive losses only, not lost challenges). The smaller Dojos will then submit a list of the Dojos that the surviving members will challenge, and this will proceed in successive rounds until only one Dojo master has not been beaten.
34%
Choice B: at the end of the first set of games, I will use the defensive W/L percentage to compare the Dojos where the master remained unbeaten, and the Dojo with the better record will win the premium prize and we will be done. There is a poll above, and voting will be allowed until the earlier of the conclusion of the current challenges or November 1.
66%

Total votes : 35

Re: Dojo Yaburi [Premium Prize] (Ongoing)

Postby gdeangel on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:22 am

noretreat wrote:i repeat what is going on with this round

Chill out. We are going to proceed with a batch of games each week. Games will be called a forfiet after falling 2 rounds behind (so, in other words, if there are any round 5 games still not joined when I may round 8, whoever didn't join will automatcially forfeit).

Less than a third or the Round 5 games have finished. Quite a few have not even had the first player join. I'll be making the round 6 games today (jeez people, it's only been a week since the tournament resumed!) but expect it to be smaller due to the number of unresolved Round 5 games.

And I'll remake that round 5 game for you noretreat, but it will be now part of "Round 6" for purposes of the forfeit rule.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby gdeangel on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:58 am

So as I said, less than half of the round 5 games have concluded. To the extent that the players who are "carrying forward" those games are premium, the slowness will have no effect on the games they get this round (unless their opponent would be freemium, with carry-forward games as well - fyi, the blue squares in the chart). All in all, there are a mere 17 games in round 6, counting the game form round 5 the noretreat mentioned above.

Here is a chart of where things stand as of the start of round 6. I have not updated the "summary" chart, or run the W/L ration of each defensive match. That will probably have to wait until round 7 which will begin next week, same time, same channel.

Click image to enlarge.

And those of you who are in the middle of your round 5 games, or better yet, finished them, that you for playing promptly. Good luck to all.

GD
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby happy2seeyou on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:32 pm

So I came back from being gone all weekend and my game still has not started. I think the person is not going to join....
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby FloresDelMal on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:07 pm

i won this Game 3361243 on deffense against feebee
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby Falkomagno on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:28 am

i won the Game 3306135, but i'm not sure what is next...it's seems like has long ago since i got games...i have to do something? i'm not sure
Sergeant 1st Class Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby geigerm on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 pm

I managed to fight off another challenger: daydream, of the Bullet-proof Dragoons.

Game 3361309

And I believe that was our last challenge, if I'm reading the chart right. Unless I really stink at counting, we finish with a 13-7 record on defense, and our dojo master never had to even play a game! Don't think we have a chance in hell of winning the prize, though, looking at Uchuusen Kamoba's record. At least our challenger managed to make it past their 3rd student ...

Looking forward to the follow-up tourney, if there's going to be one.
Corporal geigerm

Postby ga7 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Game 3306207
Hello. My name is ga7. I killed your 3rd student PaulG. Prepare to die :mrgreen: ;)
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby FloresDelMal on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 pm

just finished off aspalm in the Game 3361245

Postby gdeangel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:44 am

Well hello folks. As it is Saturday night, I have run through the handful of games from rounds 5 and 6 that completed, and tabulated the results. Here is the chart:

Click image to enlarge.

Now for those of you paying attention, 21 of 31 people, or 68% of people in the tourney, have voted that we will have a tie-break rule that is decided by the W/L record of each dojo after completion of one "round" of challenges by all other dojos. Well, if you take a look above, you will see that Dojo Uchuusen Kamoba has now defended against all challengers. They have lost a total of only one game - quite impressive. In fact, so impressive that, if you look at all other dojos, regardless of the outcomes of their remaining challenges, including games in progress, there is mathematically no way for any other dojo to have a higher W/L record. The next closest dojo would be Sky Force (my dojo) with a total of 2 losses over 8 complete challenges, and 4 pending games (two of which are likely to be lost by us for forfeit).

This means that, based on the tie-break ruling, the tournament outcome has been decided.

Since this may come as a shock to people who still have challenges either not played, or being played as we speak, I am not "officially" announcing a winner just yet. But also i am not making the round 7 games at this time. I will continue to monitor the games through round 6 to provide a compete chart of results, but I figure there is not point in trying to ride a dead horse. When the current games have finished, I will check back here in the tread to see whether there has been any compelling reason as to convince me that we should go forward with all remaining challenges (likely to be slow going, and frankly every tabulation of results is pretty time consuming just by itself, so if you want the other challenges to be made, the reason better be VERY compelling.

So with that, an "unofficial" congratulations to FloresDelMal, ga7, Fircoal, and nagerous. Thanks everyone for playing in the tournament. And thanks to SkywardShadow for making this possible.
Sergeant gdeangel

Re: Dojo Yaburi [Premium Prize] (**Important Result: p. 18**)

Postby jackin_u_up on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:32 am

i would still like to play my game against Dojo Nachito master.....never got it ?

Lieutenant jackin_u_up

Postby leolou2 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:42 pm

i won game # 3361377
Lieutenant leolou2

Postby gdeangel on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:47 pm

jackin_u_up wrote:i would still like to play my game against Dojo Nachito master.....never got it ?

He probably didn't join. All of the Round 5 games that were not joined have rolled off now. I think we'll call it a forfeit for you.

Barring any other objections, I'll run the numbers this weekend to post the official finish order.
Sergeant gdeangel

Official Result

Postby gdeangel on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Hello all... as mentioned above, we have the undisputed winner of the tournament. However, when I sat down to tabulate the exact win/loss ratios to provide the final standings, there was a minor problem. All of the games from rounds 5 & 6 where only the defender (i.e., dojo victory by forfiet) or neither of the players (i.e., challenger victory by forfeit) had been dropped by the site as "waiting" too long, and were no longer in the game finder. So I could not apply the forfeit rules to the calculation of standings. However, for the reasons stated above, those rules could not have resulted in a different overall winner regardless (also, the winning dojo was one of a very few that completed all challenges)!

Overall, five dojo's were defeated, and another two escaped the ignominy of defeat due to "no show" games which were not played (we don't know who chickened out, but we can only guess... ) Other undefeated dojo's had defense win rates from above 90% to just around 40%. Without further adieu, the official results for each dojo are as follows:

Click image to enlarge.

Broken out game-by-game, here is how each individual challenge that was played went down:

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby ga7 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:54 pm

Weeee :mrgreen:
I'd like to thank SkywardShadow and Gdeangel for organizing this tourney, I loved the concept and they did a terrific job at it =D>
Thanks also to Flores for doing an impressive job and pretty much winning this for us all by herself :oops:
Congrats to the undefeated Dojos, it was certainly a feat to resist so many challenges, and I can only hope we will see some day a Dojo Yaburi 2 and fight again ;)
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:16 pm

thanks Skyward and GD for all the hard work, and my teamates for let me have most of the fun and allow me to keep a full premium, love you guys ^^
*blows a raspberry at killmanic :P

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:20 am

Thanks for organising this tourney - it was a great concept.

Have to take my hat off to Flores del Mal for an outstanding record (even though we were the only dojo to get past her). If the prize is given to her it's very well-deserved =D>

CoF of The Martial Tarts
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Re: Dojo Yaburi [Premium Prize] (**Finished!**)

Postby nagerous on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:16 pm

If this is finished, shouldn't it be moved into the completed tournaments and the winners nagerous, floresdelmal, fircoal and ga7 added to the tournament hall of fame. ;)
Captain nagerous

Re: Dojo Yaburi [Premium Prize] (**Finished!**)

Postby SkywardShadow on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:10 pm

I believe everyone knows this thanks to the PMS, but the winners were: nagerous, FloresDelMal, Fircoal and ga7, with an incredible win record.

The winners agreed for the premium prize and matching prize be given to FloresDelMal and ga7.
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

Previous

Return to Completed 2008