Conquer Club

Dojo Yaburi [Winners: See 1st Post]

Tournaments completed in 2008.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Tie-breaking poll

Poll ended at Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:09 pm

There are two options in order to decide the winner among all the Dojos that emerge with their master unbeaten. Choice A: knock out the defeated Dojos and defeated students (defensive losses only, not lost challenges). The smaller Dojos will then submit a list of the Dojos that the surviving members will challenge, and this will proceed in successive rounds until only one Dojo master has not been beaten.
34%
Choice B: at the end of the first set of games, I will use the defensive W/L percentage to compare the Dojos where the master remained unbeaten, and the Dojo with the better record will win the premium prize and we will be done. There is a poll above, and voting will be allowed until the earlier of the conclusion of the current challenges or November 1.
66%

Total votes : 35

Re: Dojo Yaburi [Premium Prize] (Ongoing)

Postby Falkomagno on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:03 am

game 3155569...our dojo is safe by now
Sergeant 1st Class Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby FloresDelMal on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 pm

Tournament Game: Dojo Yaburi - Uchuusen Kamoba
Game 3093344

after clear up some misconceptions and gender dysforia, i won
Sergeant 1st Class FloresDelMal

Postby FloresDelMal on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:34 pm

Tournament Game: Dojo Yaburi - Uchuusen Kamoba
Game 3155315

won by me

Postby sagi456 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:51 am

so... what's going on? I keep this open slot FOR AGES and nothing happens.. has the tourny died?
Sergeant 1st Class sagi456

Postby Gozo_the_Great on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Game 3155434

Gozo beats firth4eva
Winner of Eat or Be Eaten! (16 player 1v1 elimination)

Bring it On !
Maps held - Brazil
Captain Gozo_the_Great

Postby Gozo_the_Great on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:48 am

Game 3155433

Gozo beats fantanyser
Winner of Eat or Be Eaten! (16 player 1v1 elimination)

Bring it On !
Maps held - Brazil
Captain Gozo_the_Great

Postby roadhawg on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:49 pm

i won game # 3155401
honk roadhawg
Sergeant 1st Class roadhawg

Postby Falkomagno on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Game 3155501....another won for our dojo...
Sergeant 1st Class Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby ga7 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:41 am

Another break? We were getting back into it :cry:
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby SkywardShadow on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:46 am

ga7 wrote:Another break? We were getting back into it :cry:

Plan was to make the games last night. :( (I had to schedule time for it.) Bad storms knocked out my power for close to 20 hours, instead. Tonight or tomorrow night, so long as the power stays on. Indiana weather. :D
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

Postby gdeangel on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Stay tuned.

Don't dream it's over. ;)
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby SkywardShadow on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 pm

gdeangel wrote:Stay tuned.

Don't dream it's over. ;)

gdeangel is really cool. Just sayin'.
Lieutenant SkywardShadow

Postby gdeangel on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:39 am

Alright, we are about to get back underway. As of Sept. 20, I have compiled the complete results of all games played to day. In tallying up the 200-ish games that were played, it is possible I made some mistakes. So I am posting a more detailed version of my condensed "status" matrix. The chart below shows the outcome of every game played so far (at a player vs player level rather than a dojo vs. dojo level). I ask everyone to please, in the next few days, confirm that I have the correct result for the game you played in so far. This obviously affects what games will get made going forward... if there is an error, send me a PM with game number please!

Click image to enlarge.

Also, Skyward... you might want to clean up that poll a little... and thanks for the plug! :oops:
Sergeant gdeangel

Round 5 Games Posted

Postby gdeangel on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Ok, so I'm now officially helping out Skyward, and I'll be making games based on my tally chart of where things stand ATM that I posted above last night.

We are tweaking the rules, however, to make things go faster. So in each round, lowest student will get up to 2 defensive games plus challenge games in other dojo's, which would mean if you are premium, you might have more than three games to play in a batch... but... to be fair to the freemium players, the most I will assign to any freemium in any round will be 2 game. In fact there are only 9 freemium in the tournament (counting me :oops: ), so this will really speed things up! If you feel overloaded, don't worry, just do your best to join. I'll try to monitor status and send new games every week or two, even if all the games from the prior round haven't finished. Staleness will be determined in the discretion of the organizers, but warnings will be sent, so don't worry, as long as your active in 1 dojo match, you won't be bounced....

Here is the list of games for Round 5. There will be 37 games, so it may take me time to make them all. Games will be sent with passwords of the course of tonight/tomorrow, so keep an eye out!

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Miller_Time on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:43 am

Great job by everyone who is organizing this. Looking forward to getting going again.
Lieutenant Miller_Time

Postby neufdog6117 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:28 pm

hey my challenger Smokingdude420 disabled pms and I've joined the game but have no way 2 contact him so I'm putting this here to make it official so their are no disputes, if he has to forfeit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who ever said lightning never
strikes the same place twice,
didn't have enough magic points
Sergeant 1st Class neufdog6117

Location: ummm i keep looking around and all i see is corn soooooooooo im probably in Indiana somewhere

Postby FloresDelMal on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 pm

Game 3306107 won by me, against godd, watch out Allah you are next :P

Postby gdeangel on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:41 pm

At this point there are a couple of games finished and even a lot still waiting to be joined.

I hope to get the chart with the W/L % updated soon as well, since we seem to be heading toward that as the tie-break rule, but basically I think there are 3-4 dojo's that are well ahead on that front (remember, it will be just the defensive W/L ratio... i.e., how successful you were defending the honor of your clan on your "home" turf.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby gdeangel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:34 pm

For the record:

I think it was clear in my original email (the part I now put in bold)... sagi456 get the win and will move up to the next defender of the dojo. So next time try to send two separate PM's like I suggested when you are the defender. Hope that clears things up.

sagi456 wrote:Hi,

Sorry to say that but, I guess that I'm the first one to make a mistake and join both games. I lost my internet connection for a couple of days and used a neighbor's p.c in order to check the tourney (so I just quickly joined and read the whole pm the following day when it was already too late). The main problem is that I won once and lost once so you should decide what do we do next.

Again sorry,

sagi456

Drunk_Idiot wrote:
gdeangel wrote:Hello drunk_idiot

You have been challenged in defense in the following games (pw is embedded in the link - just click to join):

Challenge 1: nachito
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=join3&submit=Join&game=3306201&password=I3

Challenge 2: sagi456
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=join3&submit=Join&game=3306203&password=I3

*** VERY IMPORTANT *** PLEASE READ ON***. To make it easier to tally up results in the tournament file, the dojo defender should join all of their "defense" games as player 1 (i.e., in every match up, the home defender will play red and the challenger will play green. This is to make things go faster when it comes time to figure out at what level each dojo is being challenged. Accordingly, this PM is only being sent to the defending player. This means two things for the people receiving this from the organizers (1) After you have joined your games, you MUST forward this pm to the opposing players named above, and (2) if you are also in a challenge phase, you may be in additional games. Those games have been sent to the defender, and once they have joined, THE DEFENDER will forward the link to you to join as green, so keep an eye on your inbox for more games, and/or check the match-up chart in the thread to see who those PM's will be coming from, and be sure to join as soon as possible when they arrive or you risk forfeiting the challenge.. If you are being challenged by two players, I suggest you send them each a separate PM, and delete the link that does not point to that challenger’s game - this will possibly save you the headache of playing the same challenger twice. As an incentive… any loss by you will move them on to the next member of your dojo.

And obviously, if the PM has been forwarded to you by the defending player with two links, you should only click on the link next to your challenge… these are live links that will automatically join you in the game, so if join someone else’s game expect a few people to be upset with you. ;)

Also, games were made late last night, so if any setting are wrong, the defender needs to PM me before joining and I’ll delete and make a replacement game. Thank you!

-GD
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby happy2seeyou on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:31 pm

I had PM my opponent right after I received my PM... I joined the game and have been waiting. The other person has not joined.
Captain happy2seeyou

Postby gdeangel on Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 pm

happy2seeyou wrote:I had PM my opponent right after I received my PM... I joined the game and have been waiting. The other person has not joined.

Patience, some folks may have given up on the tournament during the hiatus. Give them time. I will stalk them. If they still don't show, then you'll win by forfeit.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby geigerm on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 am

Tough game, but I was able to defend Martial Tarts against FloresDelMal of the Uchuusen Kamoba dojo: Game 3306239
Corporal geigerm

Postby jackin_u_up on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:22 pm

jackin_u_up has quickly disposed of Daydream and ga7 ...Clan Skyforce is victorious again

Lieutenant jackin_u_up

Postby noretreat on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 pm

i miss read the deal and was red and the lord never joined so i deleted game so we can start anew :oops:
I am always open for suggestions .
Just make them good or I am gone, and this kitty is a rockin so hurry before I'm out the door
Sergeant 1st Class noretreat

Postby noretreat on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:19 am

i repeat what is going on with this round
I am always open for suggestions .
Just make them good or I am gone, and this kitty is a rockin so hurry before I'm out the door
Sergeant 1st Class noretreat

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2008