Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 7 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 pm

haha that was fast (: next game coming your way
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 7 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:17 am

Update

6 games have been completed now, though the Trusteeship Council is still taking a long time debating on their issue, and show no signs of ending their first round of talks.

Meanwhile, 4 councils are currently on their second round of talks, while the International Court of Justice is making good progress, and are about to begin their third round of talks.

The chair would like to note that some delegates are purposely not joining their games so as to be the first one to make a move when they join a game. Please refrain from doing this, as this gives the chair the extra work of having to send more PMs to these delegates. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Image has been updated.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 9 Aug '08]

Postby Phlaim on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Game 2991544

1st. Phlaim
2nd. Kilazul
3rd. poptartpsycho18
Highest Score: 3868
Major Phlaim

Postby mwcc on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:52 am

Tournament Game: United Nations CC Conference - Round 1 - Environmental Council - Game 2
game 3000889

1 mwcc
2 Drunk_Idiot
3 blacky44
Lieutenant mwcc

Postby ultraman on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:04 am

The other Delegates on the International Court of Justice could offer no rebuttal against the persuasive argument presented by the Ambassador from Zebulonia and the resolution was passed by an overwhelming majority vote

game 3013425
1. Ultraman
2. zujalikus
3. 3.13
Major ultraman

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 11 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:59 am

Update
Another 3 sessions of talks have recently concluded.

The International Court of Justice is the first council that has finally concluded their Resolution Making round. ultraman of Zebulonia made it through to the next round of talks with ease, while 3.13 of Australianis m8 narrowed out zujalikus of Croatia with a mere 1 point advantage.

Meanwhile, both the Security Council and the Environmental Council have entered their final session of talks for this round, where it is still anybody's game as to who advances the next round of the conference.

The Economic and Social Council, and the Human Rights Council are both in their second session, while the Trusteeship Council is still having a fiery debate in their first session, which seems to have no clear leader at the moment. Let's hope they finish quickly so the tournament can continue ASAP.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby 3.13 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:53 am

im thru yes yes yes
lol ultraman nice little monologue there
THREE THIRTEEN 3.13 CAPTAIN OF THE Royal Valours
R...V for life[/size]Others of The Valour3.13eurotrip VanDerLok.2To Join just send me a message and i'll add you. This is a Clan for the new and those that don't wan't to pay but still want speed games.
Corporal 3.13

Postby Phlaim on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 am

Game 3019281

1. Phlaim
2. poptartpsycho18
3. Kilazul
Major Phlaim

Postby MikeMcD5858 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:36 am

Game 2978059

1. MikeMcD5858
2. magneto_acolyte
3. animainiaks

gg guys, and good luck in the next one...
Cook MikeMcD5858

Postby nukie on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Eco and Soc.

Game 3014270

1. Nukie
2. Spinal
3. tanjyr
Im that little guy that you think can't do nuthin, and then out no where KAPOW!

This kinda stuff always happens to me...
Private nukie

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 14 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:55 am

Update

3 more games down, and 6 more to go!

The Security Council recently finished their last session of talks for this round. Phlaim won the most votes, proceeding to the next round with the highest support. Though Kilazul earned the least support from this session, votes from the previous sessions managed to keep him in the game, and made it through to the next round, while poptartpsycho18 didn't make the cut.

Meanwhile, the Trusteeship Council finally finished their first session of talks, with Mike beating magneto and anamainiacks. They are now having their second session of discussions, along with the Human Rights Council who are still in a heated debate.

The third session that was completed recently was the second session of the Economic and Social Council's talks. This saw nukie smashing Spinal and tanjyr, similar to what we saw during their first session. Regardless of the results of their last game, nukie will be safe from elimination, and has ensured himself a spot in the next round. It's a make or break for tanjyr who's at the bottom of their table.

Finally, the Environmental Council has been moving along quickly in their last session of talks. All 3 delegates are fighting hard as the scores are pretty close at the moment. Who will emerge victorious?

That is the latest news in our United Nations CC Conference.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:43 am

Update

The Trusteeship Council is now the only council that is on their second session of talks, which they just started. As such, they will be given both their games at once to reduce the waiting time for other delegates for the next round to begin.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby mwcc on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:12 am

Tournament Game: United Nations CC Conference - Round 1 - Environmental Council - Game 3
Game 3026645

1 mwcc
2 Drunk_Idiot
3 blacky44

So its a tie for them let them battle it out
Lieutenant mwcc

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:08 am

No they don't need to battle it out. The rules for ties are in the first post under the rules.

6. In case of ties, scores from the round immediately before will be used to determine the losing player, except for Round 1 and 5. In Round 1, the number of players each player has eliminated will be compared. The player with lowest number of eliminations will be out. In round 5, a tie-breaker will be played between the involved players. Do note that tie breakers will only be played if the tie is between contenders for the top title.

blacky eliminated 2 people in the first game, while Drunk_Idiot didn't eliminate anybody throughout the 3 games. So Drunk_Idiot will be eliminated.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby sensfan on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:53 pm

rhinestone
sensfan
ryall

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby mwcc on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm

blacky eliminated 2 people in the first game, while Drunk_Idiot didn't eliminate anybody throughout the 3 games. So Drunk_Idiot will be eliminated.[/quote]

This is unfortunate as Drunk finished 2, 2, 2, while Blackt finished 1, 3, 3. Makes me think drunk deserves it more.
Lieutenant mwcc

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Drunk managed to get second in all games could also be due to whom the winner decided to eliminate first. So Drunk could have been playing a passive game of survival the whole time. blacky did make an effort to try and win, so I weigh that over passiveness.

In any case, these were already in the rules for quite some time. The decision is final. Moreover, the next few rounds will not be relying on number of people eliminated, so it will no longer be applicable, if you are concerned about it.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby sensfan on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:42 am

i have a problem.
i think my two oppoments are doubling up on me.

i have a territory with twenty armies and they have 2 territories with 25 and 15.

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 18 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:42 am

hmm... well it looked to me just like a normal defence because everyone had many troops connecting each other. you could have easily doubled up on someone too, if thats the case. i'm not saying anyone is doubling up though, and i'll keep checking in on your game to see how it is.

anyway...

Update

3 more sessions of talks have finished, and there are just 3 remaining before the next round of the UN CC Conference commences.

The Environmental Council finished their game with mwcc on top again, getting to the next round with ease. Meanwhile, blacky and Drunk tied in the amount of support they gained over all 3 sessions of talks. blacky only managed to slip into the next round due to the proactiveness he had in trying to gather support. My sincere apologies to Drunk, and to those who didn't like this decision.

The Economic and Social Council also finished their last session of talks with the nukie on top once again! nukie, having gathered most support in ALL THREE sessions of talks, was a shoo-in to the next round. While tanjyr made a commendable effort to stay in the conference by eliminating Spinal, it was a case of too little too late, as Spinal still gathered more support than tanjyr overall. Spinal will be advancing while tanjyr will be leaving the conference.

Finally, the Human Rights Council finished their second round of talks, and have thus proceeded into their third and final round of talks. Rhinestone, having sufficient support to take him to the next round, will be guaranteed a spot, while ryall and sensfan will have to battle it out.

The Trusteeship Council are also still in two concurrent heated debates, where no winner seems clear as of yet in either game.

This is the latest news in the United Nations CC Conference.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 22 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Update

With 2 down, we have just 1 more to go.

The Trusteeship Council finished up both their talks, ending off discussions for this round. MikeMcD emerged victorious in one, while anamainiacks won the other, with magneto placing second for each of the talks. MikeMcD eased into the next round of the conference, while anamainiacks and magneto were tied in the amount of supporters they had overall. It all went down to who managed to take down more opponents during the duration of all the talks. anamainiacks took down 2, while magneto took down none, thus allowing anamainiacks to proceed to the next round. Once again, apologies to magneto, and to those who didn't like this decision of using eliminations.

With 5 of the 6 councils done, we are now waiting for the Human Rights Council to finish on their last session of talks, before we begin Round 2 of the conference.

On an ending note, please read through the Rules and Notes thoroughly in the first post to see if there are still any parts you disagree upon. If enough people voice out concerns about certain stuff, I will change the rules as I see fit, and let the new rules take effect from Round 2 onwards.

Thanks.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 am

Update

The last session of talks was finished with rhinestone at the top once again, followed by Ryall then sensfan. sensfan will be leaving the conference.

Now that Round 1 is complete, Round 2 is now in progress. New groupings done, and PMs sent. Let Round 2 begin!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:54 am

Update

blacky was dropped from the conference after he was too booked up with other events in his schedule, and was not able to squeeze in any time for the conference. As such, reserves will be contacted in the order they appear in the reserve list, till one agrees to enter the conference. At this point in time, notification to kagetora has just been sent, and we are awaiting response.

May I remind all participants in this conference that everyone needs to have at least 1 slot available for this tournament. This is not asking a lot of you, and if you wish to give your time and slots to other games, then be my guest, at the cost of your position. If you do have a valid reason for not joining, such as events in real life (e.g. Leaving town for a day or two, family celebration, etc.), please do inform me before OR within the 48-hour period of joining a game. I am a reasonable person who also lives a life, so I will definitely give allowance for such stuff. If I am not informed within the 48 hours, you will be replaced.

Thank you all for your cooperation.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Rhinestone80 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 am

1. Rhinestone80
2. Phlaim
3. Spinal
Sergeant 1st Class Rhinestone80

Postby Phlaim on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Game 3121531

1. Phlaim
2. Rhinestone80
3. Spinal
Major Phlaim

Re: United Nations CC Conference [Updated 28 Aug '08]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 am

Update

Games are still in progress, with lots more to go!

Group 1 is by far the fastest group. They have completed 2 games, with rhinestone taking the first one and Phlaim taking the second. They both have secured themselves places in Round 3 by gathering lots of support in these two rounds, while Spinal has not had any success so far. Even if Spinal wins this last session, the points he gets will not be enough to qualify him. However, the session will still go on to let these participants put in more work in their bills.

Group 4 has also finished 1 game, with anamainiacks taking the win and 3.13 coming in second. However, 3.13's account has been disabled, and thus will be dropping out of the tournament. Reserves are being contacted, and we hope we can continue ASAP, so that Group 4 can continue.

Most importantly, I will be going for an overnight stay on 29th to 30th August, and thus will not have access to the internet. During these 2 days, I will not be able to update or make any games. However, please do continue to post game results here for me to continue after I come back.

Have a great weekend (:

P.S. The image isn't updated as photobucket has been down for me :S Sorry for the inconvenience.
Colonel anamainiacks

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2008