House Heroes 2-0 BSK
House Heroes 2-0 Devils
House Heroes 0-2 Ben Side

Firm Clash...it's on!
Lieutenant BlackIrish

Postby Clive on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:43 pm

Zemljanin wrote:
Clive wrote:
Norse wrote:However, if he doesnt join before 5th october midnight, a win will be awarded to you.

The replacment in my group looks like he's going to forfeit all the singles cos none of his current 4 games look likely to finish before then.

I have several objections:

1) It was strongly suggested that freemiums must start 4p game first, because it's so much longer than 1-1. So I took that as really the only imperative. If a freemium played 1-1 games first (otherwise than suggested), he could finish several games (even all of them) and still manage to start the firm clash a minute before deadline.

2) Even if Oct 5 midnight is a deadline for everybody, this deadline should be two days later for me, since I (being a reserve) had two days less.

3) Eight 4p games just began. At least few of them will last very long. So there is more than enough time to finish all 1-1 games before the last 4p.

I think it's unhealthy to make an atmosphere of hope to win games otherwise than by playing (sorry, English isn't my native language). I mean, if there are freemiums in some group - a premiums from that group have much bigger chance for good placement if they play as slow as they can (23 ours for every turn). It's unhealthy, isn't it?
This way a tournament could be much, much slower and longer than if some games start later than they should...

And if some freemium lose 1-1 games by decision of tournament director - he's actually punished for obeying recommendations (start 4p games first).

Please, let everybody think of it

Well I agree that you should have an extension so you have the same amount of time to join that everyone else had. But i still don't think you have a hope in hell of managing it.

Other than that i disagree. Norse stated clearly the requirements, and you knew you shouldnt have joined if you didn't have enough free slots. Simonov is managing fine in our group.
" im no good by myself! i like having you to say. 'no john dont be fucking stupid' "
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... 272eb3.jpg
General Clive

Postby ga7 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:09 am

In group C's standings a little mistake: Bad gones won at home against Za boys ultra.
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:16 am

Clive wrote:
Zemljanin wrote:
Clive wrote:
Norse wrote:However, if he doesnt join before 5th october midnight, a win will be awarded to you.

The replacment in my group looks like he's going to forfeit all the singles cos none of his current 4 games look likely to finish before then.

I have several objections:

1) It was strongly suggested that freemiums must start 4p game first, because it's so much longer than 1-1. So I took that as really the only imperative. If a freemium played 1-1 games first (otherwise than suggested), he could finish several games (even all of them) and still manage to start the firm clash a minute before deadline.

2) Even if Oct 5 midnight is a deadline for everybody, this deadline should be two days later for me, since I (being a reserve) had two days less.

3) Eight 4p games just began. At least few of them will last very long. So there is more than enough time to finish all 1-1 games before the last 4p.

I think it's unhealthy to make an atmosphere of hope to win games otherwise than by playing (sorry, English isn't my native language). I mean, if there are freemiums in some group - a premiums from that group have much bigger chance for good placement if they play as slow as they can (23 ours for every turn). It's unhealthy, isn't it?
This way a tournament could be much, much slower and longer than if some games start later than they should...

And if some freemium lose 1-1 games by decision of tournament director - he's actually punished for obeying recommendations (start 4p games first).

Please, let everybody think of it

Well I agree that you should have an extension so you have the same amount of time to join that everyone else had. But i still don't think you have a hope in hell of managing it.

Other than that i disagree. Norse stated clearly the requirements, and you knew you shouldnt have joined if you didn't have enough free slots. Simonov is managing fine in our group.

I will give you an extension until 7th october.....but If you cant fill your slots before then, then Im afraid the wins will be awarded to your opponents.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 am

ga7 wrote:In group C's standings a little mistake: Bad gones won at home against Za boys ultra.

Ok, I will fix this a little later
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:29 am

Woo, so glad I'm advancing.
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby Simonov on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:47 am

book 2 points for me norse! :D :D
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby DAZMCFC on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:53 am

Young guvnors v ICF won both home and away. walkover. :lol:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Finally some points

Postby Raceinvader on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:32 am

i got a point from clive.
Private 1st Class Raceinvader

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 pm

Standings Updated!

Nice one raceinvader for taking a point from clive...Now I'm just hoping for grobari to give him a 2-way whitewashing... :lol:

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Black Dragoon storm-trooped group H! 6 out of 6...watch out for that one :wink:

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:09 am

Hey the Bad Blue Boys & us Utrecht Hooligans aren't too close behind with 5-1.

(Btdub the standings now have group F twice and no group G)
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

clive

Postby Raceinvader on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:40 am

cheers norse for the congrats
Private 1st Class Raceinvader

Postby Clive on Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:09 am

Norse wrote:Standings Updated!

Nice one raceinvader for taking a point from clive...Now I'm just hoping for grobari to give him a 2-way whitewashing... :lol:

Thanks for telling them to pick on me you twat, they've all ganged on me in the firm clash so i'm going to be first elim.
" im no good by myself! i like having you to say. 'no john dont be fucking stupid' "
General Clive

Postby Norse on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:33 am

Clive wrote:

Thanks for telling them to pick on me you twat, they've all ganged on me in the firm clash so i'm going to be first elim.

:lol:

Im sure you will be fine.

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Norse on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 am

Besides...that wouldnt nessacarily be the best tactics for your groupies to take...youve practically already qualified...

Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Clive on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:28 am

Norse wrote:Besides...that wouldnt nessacarily be the best tactics for your groupies to take...youve practically already qualified...

I know, only if raceinvader wins and Simonov comes runner up, in which case i'll have a playoff...assuming Zem does have to forfeit the singles, as is looking very likely. But they are anyway, dammit! :(

Hence i am suiciding on raceinvader.
General Clive

Postby Simonov on Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:49 am

Clive wrote:

sorry i u think that but i only attacked for territory and you blocked me from taking a continent, it would be good for me if u and i took 2 lead spots in that clash...

ps norse are u afraid that clive will win and have to sleep over at your place? :lol: :lol:
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby Clive on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Simonov wrote:sorry i u think that but i only attacked for territory and you blocked me from taking a continent, it would be good for me if u and i took 2 lead spots in that clash...

Zem has conquered 6 total terr's, 5 of which were from me. You have conquered 5 total terr's, 3 of which were from me. Raceinvader 5 total terr's, 2 from me.

10/16 of my opp's conquered terr's have been from me, after 4 rounds. And it wasnt like i got a cont on the drop or anything.

ps norse are u afraid that clive will win and have to sleep over at your place? :lol: :lol:

LOL...I live in Bristol not fucking America, it's like an hour on the train! :lol:

I think he's just jelous that i have a perfect record on him! :)
General Clive

Postby Zemljanin on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:54 pm

Clive wrote:Zem has conquered 6 total terr's, 5 of which were from me.

Well, you're not very objective...
First you attacked my Mt. Gambier to connect and take card. I then swapped Port Lincoln for Adelaide and took card. You took Port Lincoln and a card. I took Lake Eyre for connection and a card (leaving only 1, so you could take card also). All that moves had sense.
Then you attacked my 5 units Adelaide, only to spend 4 yours and 3 mine units. You had no chances to conquer and keep continent, so damage we both suffered was meaningless.
Later I swapped Gippsland for Eureka and took Mt. Gambier for connection.

Therefore, you absolutely can't say that I played specially against you...

P.S. I even chose not to eliminate you and spent my 13 bonus to prevent them from it (which I could easily be sorry for :roll:)
Captain Zemljanin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007