Conquer Club

TOP 500 Doubles League [WINNER: ARTUR1 & SNUSLEPPA]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Invincible and roadwarrior call it a day.

Postby roadwarrior on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:34 am

Hi Selin,

Thanks for the tourney and it was very well organised. We had lots of fun and the format of the tourney brought out the best. At least I know my team could stand up to the best in CC and come away with flying colours ;).

However, both Inv and I find it very hard to commit to the time that is required for the next round and eventhough we had a reserve player, it could not solve our time pressures completely. So to be fair to everybody, we just have to leave the tourney at this stage.

I would like to recommend snus and artur1 to take our place. I am sure they will do a good job at the finals.

Adios and good luck to you all.
Brigadier roadwarrior

Postby Selin on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Important Announcement

Invincible & roadwarrior posted that they won't play Finals. The team that will take the 4th place in Group B will replace them. This will be either artur1 & snusleppa or reverend_kyle & Adran depending on the result of last game. Therefore we have to wait for the result of the last game of the Season 2.

Both teams: If one of you decides not to play the finals, please post here. In this case we can start with the finals immediately.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Adran on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:33 am

Myself and Kyle are hoping to take the last slot and play in the final. Sorry for the delay, we'll try and kill them as quickly as we can.

Adran
Corporal 1st Class Adran

Re: Invincible and roadwarrior call it a day.

Postby AndrewB on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:13 pm

roadwarrior wrote:Hi Selin,

Thanks for the tourney and it was very well organised. We had lots of fun and the format of the tourney brought out the best. At least I know my team could stand up to the best in CC and come away with flying colours ;).

However, both Inv and I find it very hard to commit to the time that is required for the next round and eventhough we had a reserve player, it could not solve our time pressures completely. So to be fair to everybody, we just have to leave the tourney at this stage.

I would like to recommend snus and artur1 to take our place. I am sure they will do a good job at the finals.

Adios and good luck to you all.

To bad to see to see you drop off :(

I was considering your team potential winner of the championship.

Oh well ;) One less competitor to worry about ;)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 am

Incandenza wrote:Christ, we're really going to play on age of merchants? I can't recall one person other than teylen expressing support for that map.

Incandenza,

if you are still not willing to play Age of Merchants in the Finals, I can replace that map with WWII Eastern Front or Caribbean Islands.

Brigadier Selin

Postby roadwarrior on Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:08 am

Selin wrote:
Incandenza wrote:Christ, we're really going to play on age of merchants? I can't recall one person other than teylen expressing support for that map.

Incandenza,

if you are still not willing to play Age of Merchants in the Finals, I can replace that map with WWII Eastern Front or Caribbean Islands.

The AOM is good and at the Top 500 tourney it was my first time playing the map. It was not a straightforward map and the various competing bonuses can mislead anyone. I found that to be challenging and interesting to fine balance between them. In fact I got to know it well in the end.

I really like Selin's selection of maps overall. My favourite has got to be the Artic and Cairns. :)

Maybe one day Selin can explain why Brazil,did I miss the good features of the map somehow?
Brigadier roadwarrior

Postby Selin on Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:15 am

roadwarrior wrote:
Selin wrote:

Incandenza,

The AOM is good and at the Top 500 tourney it was my first time playing the map. It was not a straightforward map and the various competing bonuses can mislead anyone. I found that to be challenging and interesting to fine balance between them. In fact I got to know it well in the end.

I really like Selin's selection of maps overall. My favourite has got to be the Artic and Cairns. :)

Maybe one day Selin can explain why Brazil,did I miss the good features of the map somehow?

I have no objection to AOM personally, however Incandenza had some at the beginning of Season 2. I thought I can make him a favor, if he still have question marks on AOM map. If you think it's ok, I won't change it.

I have no special preference for Brazil. Considering the number of countries, it seemed to be a good choice to me at that time, but a lot of new maps have been quenched after the start of our league. If I had started the league now, I would have not chosen Brazil.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:41 pm

I have fewer reservations about AoM after having played it. I can live with it. Thanks, tho, selin.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:41 am

Incandenza wrote:I have fewer reservations about AoM after having played it. I can live with it. Thanks, tho, selin.

ok, I'll keep AoM.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:52 pm

However, since we're on the subject, I wouldn't mind having a chat about replacing Great Lakes with something, like Eastern Front or France or even D-Day.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby AndrewB on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:51 am

No D-Day please.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:41 am

D-Day and France are brand new maps that haven't been tested enough yet, but I can replace Great Lakes with Eastern Front, if there is no objection of other finalists.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:26 am

Fair enough.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:12 pm

Still waiting for the result of the last game of the Season 2.

:wink:

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:57 pm

Last match of Season 2 is nearing to the end.

I will open respective matches of Finals as soon as last qualified team is clear.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:37 am

Last match of Season 2 is finally ended. :D

artur1 & snusleppa got the last place in the Finals. =D>

I opened the 3 remaining no cards matches of Finals. You can join them now.

I will open the flat rate matches next weekend, and escalating matches the weekend after.

Good luck to all of you in the Finals.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Teylen on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:54 pm

3 no cards games in the last round.. and inc&mepps meet subjekt&me in all three of them.. huaaa...
General Teylen

Postby Selin on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Teylen wrote:3 no cards games in the last round.. and inc&mepps meet subjekt&me in all three of them.. huaaa...

You play week 3,6 and 8 matches first, because they are no card games. I don't see anything wrong there. Please join your matches.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:53 pm

Teylen wrote:3 no cards games in the last round.. and inc&mepps meet subjekt&me in all three of them.. huaaa...

I found that rather interesting as well.

Colonel Incandenza

Postby AndrewB on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:10 pm

Shall we open more games?
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 pm

AndrewB wrote:Shall we open more games?

I will open all flat rate matches this weekend and all escalating ones next weekend.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:17 pm

I opened the all flat rate matches of Finals. You can join them now.

Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:12 pm

3 of 20 matches are finished.
10 of 20 matches are running.
1 of 20 matches are waiting to start.
6 of 20 matches haven't been opened yet.

Last edited by Selin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Selin

Postby Incandenza on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:04 pm

Is the plan still to open the escalating games this weekend? 'cause I wouldn't mind that being pushed back a week, since the flat rate games have barely gotten under way (and one is still unfilled).

Colonel Incandenza

Postby Selin on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Incandenza wrote:Is the plan still to open the escalating games this weekend? 'cause I wouldn't mind that being pushed back a week, since the flat rate games have barely gotten under way (and one is still unfilled).

I pm'ed Deadpool to join his last match. Here's his answer:

My partner and I just lost our premium accounts. We cannot be in more than 4 games at once. When I signed up for this thing I had no idea it would:
1. Take this long
2. Involve being in so many concurrent games.
I will enter it when I can.

Considering that Deadpool and Cancermerchant can't join new matches immediately, I will follow your suggestion and postpone escalating matches one week.

Brigadier Selin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007