Conquer Club

[GP] [Rules] Eliminate Deferred Troops

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby nyg5680 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:43 pm

sully800 wrote:It's a decent idea but I think we are beginning to run into too many choices.

You can play with 3, 4, 5, or 6 people.
Any of 22 (and growing) maps)..
Standard, Terminator, Doubles or Triples (and some people want to add old style doubles and triples)
Freestyle or Sequential
Escalating Flat or No cards
Chained Adjacent or Unlimited
Public or Private.

Thats currently 12,672 combinations of game setups. Won't we ever have enough??

I know that choice is good but not everything can be an option. If you constantly add more choices it just clutters the screen when you're trying to join a game, and could make it difficult for you to find a kind that you like.
than just start your own game
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

missing

Postby okiewind7 on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:34 pm

i think if somebody misses a turn they shouldn;t get to keep their armies from the turn they missed it doesn;t make sense that someone can wait everybody out and drag the game on just to come in after everybody else has battled it out. does anybody agree with me.
Lieutenant okiewind7

Postby HighBorn on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:36 pm

This has been discussed time and time again this is probally the 20th time this has been a thread.. LACK is adament about getting your armys for missed turns as real life sometimes dose happen :roll:
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:48 pm

Congratulations for the 1000th post about this topic. Please search for existing topics before posting.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby wcaclimbing on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:48 pm

can one of the mods say that topics about this arent allowed anymore?
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:56 pm

Wouldn't matter if we did, most people don't search or read the rules before posting. ;)

--Andy

missing

Postby Bishopking on Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:59 pm

missing a turn is a new strategy now...so use it to your advantage. I've decided its my turn to go on vacation...lmao. What a stupid rule...theres got to be a better way?
Private Bishopking

Postby Ronaldinho on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:19 pm

Yeah, dont be a ass and play, this dont need another thread so let it die and leave it be
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:35 pm

Lets make a new CC option where if you pick one option it doesn't give you the armies but the other will. (messed up post but I think you get what I am saying.)
Cadet strike wolf

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:38 pm

Such an idea was posted before, Strike wolf, under 'Missed Turns: Recouped, Lost -- Option'. This suggestion was filed under 'Rejected'.

--Andy

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:42 pm

Thnx and to answer the question of why people don't look for similar topics. It's simple we're all too lazy to sit on our asses and look.
Cadet strike wolf

i have this currently happening

Postby kwolff on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:47 pm

this is going on in a game im playing now ....this person has missed 5 turns out of 14 rounds so i just mark it under neg remarks , which i read when signing up for new games (that way people know upfront not to join their games , and if they join behind you, you ll know upfront how to play them)
Major kwolff

Multiplying armies

Postby matjam on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:34 am

I dont agree with the multiply armies rule it gives the player who misses a turn a distinct advantage over other player in the game and pretty much screws up a game. See game #61918 for case in point. This game was going great and then SMOKINAWAY missed a turn and got multiple armies and pretty much ran amok on the board. I don't understand this rule and think that it should be taken off. It is very easy for someone to miss a turn on purpose and get a crap load of armies next turn to annilhate the board. PLEASE PLEASE do something about this particular rule. Cap the armies or just get rid of this rule altogether. It is a very unfair rule.
Sergeant 1st Class matjam

Postby zip_disk on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:51 am

This idea has been discussed and dismissed more times than games you've played.
Captain zip_disk

Postby spiesr on Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:04 am

They still get the same amout of armies, just all on the turn they play, they could do the same thing by just not attacking.
Captain spiesr

Postby cramill on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:15 pm

spiesr wrote:They still get the same amout of armies, just all on the turn they play, they could do the same thing by just not attacking.

So why don't they do that then instead of intentionaly missing a turn?
this is what i said in another post:
cramill wrote:I do not like the multiplying of armies if you miss a turn. Sure, it may be fair for people who miss a turn accidentaly (they were too busy with more importaint stuff, or they were away from a computer or internet for a while) but I don't think people should be able to skip a turn intentionaly and then get the multiplied armies their next turn. They should only get the armies they deserve for one turn - without multiplication. Sure, it may be too hard to tell if someone accidentally missed a turn or did it on purpose, so I think it should be done away with alltogether. (And tough luck to people who miss turns accidentally.)
Corporal 1st Class cramill

Postby Ishiro on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:27 pm

Missing a turn is not a distinct advantage... If the other players allow it to be, that's their fault.

How it work... lets say in a traditional game, they hold the US, normally worth 5 bonus armies... but they miss a turn, this is gives everyone another chance to break the player's hold on the US.. if they do, when they get back they get 0 bonus armies, despite the fact that they held it for the turn they missed. What should have been 3+5 for one turn and then either 3 or 3+5 for the next is now 3*2. Sure, they get 6 armies in one turn, but if he'd actually showed up and played, he would have gotten 8.

Plus, he gets no card for the turn he missed.

There really is no advantage to missing a turn unless the rest of the players let it happen.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby cramill on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:54 pm

But, in a game with no cards, it could be sometimes benificial to skip a turn. And if you have a hold on a continent that even has a 2 or 3 bounus and you are pretty confident that no one will be able to take any part of your continent (because you know they wont get many reinforcements because there are no cards) you could skip your turn and get a whole lot at once and do some unfair unexpected damage. Even though they still are getting the same # of reinforcements that they would have if they had taken their turn, i think it is more fair that they shouldnt be able to do this. If they don't want to attack, instead of skipping a turn they should place their armies on their turn that they deserve them, not all at once to gain an unfair advantage.
Also, intentionaly skipping a turn slows down the game - which a lot people do not like.

Postby Herakilla on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:04 pm

if you think it is unexpected then EXPECT IT! assume they will play their turn to its fullest extent
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Ronaldinho on Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:05 pm

OMG, just pm lack, he will give you a answer then you dont have to make yet another thread about this toppic, and it wont be changed it had been dissmissed 1000000's of times.
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby x on Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:58 pm

Herakilla wrote:if you think it is unexpected then EXPECT IT! assume they will play their turn to its fullest extent

Yeah, you know it'll happen, so how is it unexpected?
Private 1st Class x

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:23 pm

Because stupid people like you dont expect it.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby cramill on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:14 am

wcaclimbing wrote:Because stupid people like you dont expect it.

Woah, hey now, this isnt a flame thread.

I think I am begining to see everyones point. There realy isnt too much of an advantage in intentionaly skipping a turn (so now I don't think there should be a change to the rule), but I still think its stupid to intentionaly skip turns.

Postby sully800 on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:06 am

Yeah the only advantage of skipping a turn is it makes you appear a bit weaker than you are, because you don't have the armies on the board until you place them in one big go. However a decent player will be able to keep track of how many armies you can add, and just treat it as though the armies from the previous turn are already on the board (and in your mind place them in whatever position hurts you the most). That way when they are added you can't be surprised...at least not in a bad way. It might be a pleasant surprise to see your opponent place the men in a position that doesn't hurt you.
Major sully800

Postby cramill on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:08 am

Hm, good thinking sully.

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions