Conquer Club

Classic Cities Conundrum (TPA 5 Premier)(COMPLETE)

Tournaments Completed in 2015.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Classic Cities Conundrum (TPA 5 Premier)(FULL)

Postby MGSteve on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Don't know how I missed them. Sorry.
Major MGSteve

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Equinoxfox22 has gone freemium and has not been on the site. He is out of the tourney.

Madrid and Moscow games going out right now.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby musicalmaven on Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:03 am

i'm not sure if you want notification of victories, so until i hear from you otherwise, this is to inform you that i won game # 15019852 - 3 player london map.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby elonpuckhog on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:23 am

It is not necessary to notify me of victories. I've started compiling the scoreboard and will post it when the first round is complete.

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:22 pm

All 423 games for round 1 are now out. Please accept invites promptly. Missed invites are handled on a case by case basis, but generally you get two invites or you get replaced.

I plan to start round 2 before round 1 is completely finished. Once all games on a map finish, I may issue round 2 for that map.

Scoreboard will be posted once all games in round 1 are finished.

Postby MGSteve on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Take it easy. We can wait for you no problem. Hope you're well soon.
Major MGSteve

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 am

Self note; 8-10.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:53 am

Sent out a couple of re-invites for London Round 2 this morning.

Still 10 games left in round 1. I hope to send out more round 2 games today.

As far as a scoreboard, it should be posted in just a few minutes. I haven't scored every completed game yet, but it will give you a good idea of where you might be. Look for a link in the first post.

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:50 am

It will probably be a few days before any new games get issued. I am dealing with health issues and may be away for a few days.

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Due to some health issues, I'll be stepping away from the site for a few days. Round 1 is over. I have not finished scoring yet. Those scores will be posted when I return.

If all goes well, this tourney should resume next week.

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Scoreboard is updated through the end of round 1.

Round 2 scoring is commencing. Rest of round 2 games will go out...sometime (kinda hard to say at the moment - depends on my health

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:55 am

As I started to score round 2, I realized I made a mistake on the classic map. Somehow, herus got invited to twice as many games as he should have, and king_kory did not get invited to any. I'm honestly baffled as to how this happened, but I'm not surprised given my current real life health challenges.

For this incident, I have decided to total the points herus obtained in the 2 games and give half to him and half to king_kory. I have also decided not to eliminate either player in this round. To me, this is the fairest solution. I think it would be unfair to have the games replayed. I also think it would be unfair to eliminate either player when they did not consistently finish last.

In the future, I will put in extra steps to try to make sure this kind of mistake does not happen again. Apologies for the mistake.

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:57 am

Scoreboard updated through all completed games.

Rest of round 2 games to go out possibly today.

Postby elonpuckhog on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 pm

The remaining games for round 2 have been sent out.

Since there does not appear there will be any full eliminations after round 2, I will start sending out round 3 games as well.

Good luck players!

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am

I don't understand why you created a point system if for instance, and like you stipulated in the 1st post, you can win a game and finish last of the other game and this puts you out f this map...Also by adding the multiplier factor means than more long is the game more points you get?

Since a player gets eliminated and all others remain in play then scoring is kind of useless, isn't it? Did I missed something?

this is the example I'm using:
Round 1 - Map Jakarta
Win my 3P game in Round 14, gives me 56pts
Lost my 4P game (first eliminated in Round 9), gives me 9pts
Total 65pts, but this doesn't meant anything since I was the first eliminated in the 4P game...

Just to be sure how it goes elon.......
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:05 am

I apologize...I realize now that my description of this tourney has caused some confusion. Allow me to attempt to clear it up for you.

First, when I say rounds, I mean rounds of the tournament, not rounds in the game. So, in Jakarta, since you won the 3 player game, you received 4 points, and you got one point for the 4 player game. Total 5 points. These 5 points will be added to all the other maps to determine an overall winner.

For example on Istanbul, Round 1 3 player game was 2 points and Round 1 4 player game was 5 points. Round 2 3 player game was 4 points and Round 2 4 player game was 10 points. Total of 21 points so far. Round 3 games on that map have not been sent out yet.

When we total all of your points, you currently have 80 points. There are several games that have finished in the last several days that I have not scored yet, so your total may be more. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 am

elonpuckhog wrote:I apologize...I realize now that my description of this tourney has caused some confusion. Allow me to attempt to clear it up for you.

First, when I say rounds, I mean rounds of the tournament, not rounds in the game. So, in Jakarta, since you won the 3 player game, you received 4 points, and you got one point for the 4 player game. Total 5 points. These 5 points will be added to all the other maps to determine an overall winner.

For example on Istanbul, Round 1 3 player game was 2 points and Round 1 4 player game was 5 points. Round 2 3 player game was 4 points and Round 2 4 player game was 10 points. Total of 21 points so far. Round 3 games on that map have not been sent out yet.

When we total all of your points, you currently have 80 points. There are several games that have finished in the last several days that I have not scored yet, so your total may be more. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

So as long as you are not the first to be eliminated and/or win a game you still playing in his map?

The winner will be the last standing on 1 or multiple map?

I know this is a huge work to add clarity but having a ranking per map or list how many map the player still competing could help I think...

Thanks already for your answers... 8-)
Captain Mad777

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 am

If you are the first eliminated in any game, you will play no more games on that map (except for games you may already be in). The only exception to this relates to the rule change I posted in December. This won't come into play until round 5 if it comes in at all.

This tourney will go 7 rounds. At the end of those seven rounds, the player with the most points wins the tourney. There will be at least 4 people still standing on each map at the end of the tourney. The tourney MAY end sooner if we have a clear winner after round 5 or 6. I'm not sure if that will be the case or not.

If you look on the scoresheet, there is a column for possible points. This column takes into account how many points you could accumulate on all the maps. Since you have 1125 possible points at this time, that means you are still on 5 maps (right now, the math is easy - take your possible points and divide by 225). It will not always be that easy as I adjust my spreadsheet. I will try to add a column for number of maps left per player. Should be fairly easy.

Score update coming tomorrow perhaps.

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:03 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:If you are the first eliminated in any game, you will play no more games on that map (except for games you may already be in). The only exception to this relates to the rule change I posted in December. This won't come into play until round 5 if it comes in at all.

This tourney will go 7 rounds. At the end of those seven rounds, the player with the most points wins the tourney. There will be at least 4 people still standing on each map at the end of the tourney. The tourney MAY end sooner if we have a clear winner after round 5 or 6. I'm not sure if that will be the case or not.

If you look on the scoresheet, there is a column for possible points. This column takes into account how many points you could accumulate on all the maps. Since you have 1125 possible points at this time, that means you are still on 5 maps (right now, the math is easy - take your possible points and divide by 225). It will not always be that easy as I adjust my spreadsheet. I will try to add a column for number of maps left per player. Should be fairly easy.

Score update coming tomorrow perhaps.

ok, got the most part...thanks again elon! Great job on what you do for us with those big tournaments... ;)
Captain Mad777

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:25 am

Scoreboard updated through Pot Mosbi (round 2). I've also added a column to denote how many maps each player has left.

Postby Mad777 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:51 am

elonpuckhog wrote:...I've also added a column to denote how many maps each player has left.

=D> , now we are talking ;)

Thanks elon...
Captain Mad777

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Scoreboard updated. There are still a few round 2 games ongoing with round 3 games also underway and some of them have been scored as well.

More round 3 games should go out shortly.

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:26 pm

At the end of round 1, for the Istanbul map, I should have eliminated leverpuller, but instead I eliminated nzhostel. I'm not quite sure how this slipped through my checks and balances, but it did, and I am owning up to this error. As a result, for rounds 2 and 3, leverpuller has been playing Istanbul when it should have been nzhostel.

As a result:
1. The points gained by leverpuller will stand, and assuming he is otherwise eligible, will progress to round 4.
2. nzhostel will be inserted in the game lineup directly below leverpuller in round 4.
3. nzhostel will be given points to reflect a 2nd place finish in the 3 player games and a 3rd place finish in the 4 player games for each round.

My apologies for the screwup.

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Scoreboard updated through all completed games.

New invites later this week.

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:49 am

Remainder of round 3 games are out.

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2015