Conquer Club

Welcome to OT: Why not introduce yourself..?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Welcome to OT: Why not introduce yourself..?

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi, I'm tkr4lf and I just ate some What-a-burger and spilled Dr. Pepper all over myself because I had about 8 beers before I drove up to the local What-a-burger and bought some What-a-burger and fries and a Dr. Pepper. My life is incredibly interesting and you should all love me and get to know me. I want to f*ck my cousin!
Major tkr4lf

Postby Serbia on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:31 pm

riskllama wrote:ok, how about this one : where were you and what were you doing Sept. 11th, 2001?

I remember that day clearly. At the time, I had a large interest in terror attacks in Israel, and read up on them quite a bit. It was early in the morning, Detroit area, and we were grabbing tools for the day. We were borrowing tools from some friends of ours that lived down the street. I stayed in the car as my step-brother grabbed what we needed from the back yard. I turned the news radio on, as was my custom when I was 20, and listened to reports of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center. My first thought was that there would be a second attack, as that seemed to be a popular MO of terrorists at the time; detonate one bomb, wait for the first responders to show, then detonate a second. And while I was listening, the second plane hit. I called my dad right away and told him to turn on the news, then went home once my step-brother got back in the car, and watched some of the footage, before driving out to work, listening to the news all the way.

The lady at the house we were working at put a TV in the garage for us so we could watch the horror. We were mostly ready for the cement truck, so we just hung out. When they announced we'd closed our airspace, we started watching the sky. All flights in our area were supposed to be diverted east toward Toronto (I was up in Fenton, MI working that day), so when I saw a plane flying south-west I pointed it out to my dad, who was working with us, and then argued about which direction the plane was flying. I was right, he was wrong, and pulled out a map to prove it, which got him angrier... probably just the stress of the day.

The other thing I remember were everyone's wild theories. I was sure that China was behind it somehow, which I still feel stupid admitting. The cement truck driver told us that he heard Selfridge Air National Guard base in metro Detroit had been attacked, which we dismissed as nonsense since we hadn't heard it on the news. But even on the news there were rumors, partly from interviewing idiots. I hate when they interview idiots.

It was a long day.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Heavy salad, Duk and Serbs. Thanks for sharing.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Serbia wrote:
The other thing I remember were everyone's wild theories. I was sure that China was behind it somehow, which I still feel stupid admitting. The cement truck driver told us that he heard Selfridge Air National Guard base in metro Detroit had been attacked, which we dismissed as nonsense since we hadn't heard it on the news. But even on the news there were rumors, partly from interviewing idiots. I hate when they interview idiots.

It was not that long after Kosovo and Clinton's bombing of Belgrade. When I first heard the news, I thought for sure it was Serbians. Payback for Belgrade.

A couple hours later when they announced it was some Saudi Arabs, I was like "WTF? Saudi Arabia loves Americans."
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby mrswdk on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:34 am

I had just got home from school. I was eating a bagel and got annoyed that out of the channels we had, one was showing Scooby Doo (which I have never liked) and the other four were all showing news footage of a skyscraper in NY.

I think I watched the news footage briefly then decided to play Playstation instead.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby waauw on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I came back from school and not until we turned the TV on for dinner did we realise something had happened. I wasn't shocked or anything, it was just interesting, like a movie except that it was real. I don't think I did anything special that evening, probably played a bit on the computer. The next day nobody at school even mentioned it. I distinctly remember wondering why nobody had, but then again it was only middle school. Almost nobody really cares about that stuff at that age. Oddly even into high school nobody seemed to care. I remember being the only one in class who had seen the Afghanistan-documentary when the teacher asked about it.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby riskllama on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 pm

i was aerating a ball diamond when my boss drove up and told me, then, he drove away. i called my girlfriend, who worked in oil and gas downtown and told her she should maybe get the f*ck out of her building. she agreed. then, i called the girl who i was cheating on my gf with, who also happened to work in oil and gas and told her the same thing. she was already on her way...
i remember being angry and frightened that day. more angry, tho. and probably angry with the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby notyou2 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:20 pm

I was working in an office. Didn't turn a radio on although a girl in the office was getting updates from her sister through the internet.

When I went home at supper, my wife was away working so I sat in front of the TV watching several news channels eating fried chicken and they said on the local news that they needed places for people to sleep. The hotels were full and so many planes at the airport, people need places to stay. Where I live in Eastern Canada, all the flights from Europe pass right overhead as they enter North American air space. With US airspace closed the planes were landing in Eastern Canada.

So I went to the local stadium where there were thousands of people with no where to go. I loaded a young couple from Germany and an older gentleman from the UK into my truck with their luggage and took them to my cottage. It is only a half hour from the city. They stayed there for the night and my mom (she lives across the street in her cottage) drove them into the city the next morning. The German couple were on their way to Ontario and their flight left that day, but the US airspace was still closed. The UK gentleman was going to Maryland I believe so he called me and asked if he could stay again. I said yes and picked him and an American couple up after work and then drove them to the cottage. They were all on the same flight and they got to Maryland the next day.

In Gander Newfoundland there are 10,000 people. 20,000 people landed and the town accommodated every one of them. My city is like 140,000 and 20,000 landed.
Captain notyou2

Postby tzor on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:22 am

riskllama wrote:ok, how about this one : where were you and what were you doing Sept. 11th, 2001?

I was at work, way out on Long Island. I cursed a lot. I then drove home. Then I discovered my next door neighbor worked in the towers and was in the towers.

It went downhill from there. The reaction from the nun in charge of religious education in my parish told my mother, "I didn't think anyone from around here worked in the city." Like she never saw the daily traffic of people commuting? My next door neighbor wasn't a member of the Parish, but that wasn't the important thing here.

West of where I live, next to the firehouse and the old Tesla property, there is a 9/11 memorial. I large twisted rusted beam is placed in front of a circular wall.
Cadet tzor

Postby riskllama on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:50 pm

wow guys, thx for sharing.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:11 am

Were where you guys when you heard about the attack on Kunming Station?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Well I was on my way to a St. Patrick's Day Parade. We met on Cedar Street, in Kings Park. I wasn't paying attention to the news at the time. Some shit came up, I forgot what it was. The parade began. I walked a lot. Then I drove home.

I can recall vividly what I was wearing because, well, it was a uniform. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby riskllama on Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:10 pm

please mrs, there are white males talking...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:19 pm

mrswdk wrote:Were where you guys when you heard about the attack on Kunming Station?

Right here on Conquer Club...:)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby notyou2 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Kunming has a station? When did Kunming get a station?
Captain notyou2

Postby mrswdk on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Yeah. When Chinese people die in terrorist attacks it's funny.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:52 pm

mrswdk wrote:Yeah. When Chinese people die in terrorist attacks it's funny.

:? I don't think it was funny. Lots of Chinese people died in 9/11 by the way, before I pull the numbers, probably more than at the Kunming attack.

Kunming attack: fatalities: 33 - non fatal Injuries: 143
9/11: fatalities: 2996 - non fatal injuries: 6000+

Fatality order of magnitude difference: 90.78

OK I sit corrected, Chinese fatalities from 9/11 was 2 out of the 372 foreign nationals killed.

Note I am not including Americans of Chinese descent. Only "foreign nationals."
Cadet tzor

Postby riskllama on Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:05 pm

tzor wrote:
mrswdk wrote:Yeah. When Chinese people die in terrorist attacks it's funny.

:? I don't think it was funny. Lots of Chinese people died in 9/11 by the way, before I pull the numbers, probably more than at the Kunming attack.

Kunming attack: fatalities: 33 - non fatal Injuries: 143
9/11: fatalities: 2996 - non fatal injuries: 6000+

Fatality order of magnitude difference: 90.78

OK I sit corrected, Chinese fatalities from 9/11 was 2 out of the 372 foreign nationals killed.

Note I am not including Americans of Chinese descent. Only "foreign nationals."

i could care less about dead chinamen(except my darling, Zhongshan), way too many of 'em anyways...*shrugs*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby tzor on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 am

riskllama wrote:i could care less about dead chinamen(except my darling, Zhongshan), way too many of 'em anyways...*shrugs*

Isn't that their problem and not yours? :twisted:

Besides, everything I've read says the exact opposite. If they had too many people there would be a housing problem there. Yet, I keep hearing all the time about cities in China being built but never occupied, so clearly they are underpopulated, not overpopulated.
Cadet tzor

Postby apey on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:59 pm

tkr4lf wrote:Hi, I'm tkr4lf and I just ate some What-a-burger and spilled Dr. Pepper all over myself because I had about 8 beers before I drove up to the local What-a-burger and bought some What-a-burger and fries and a Dr. Pepper. My life is incredibly interesting and you should all love me and get to know me. I want to f*ck my cousin!

Why stop there f*ck your sister (lmao at my suggestion tab it said "yourself" she is a bitch)
04:42:40 ‹apey› uhoh
04:42:40 ‹ronc8649› uhoh
iAmCaffeine: 4/28/2016. I love how the PL players are getting wet on your wall
Corporal 1st Class apey

Postby Bernie Sanders on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:11 pm

I have hot cousins, as are most women in my families, but mixing our genes together would create a super race that would take over this planet. I believe in democracy, so I won't breed with them.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby Bobgoblin on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:33 pm

Hey I'm Josh, played CC for a couple years like 5 years ago but I'm back now. I love fishing and spending time with my son.
Last edited by Bobgoblin on Wed May 04, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal Bobgoblin

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:46 am

Bobgoblin wrote:Hey I'm Josh, played CC for a couple years like 5 years ago as "Kenny_smooth" but I'm back now. I love fishing and spending time with my son.

You'd best file an e-ticket and explain yourself: http://support.conquerclub.com/

Having more than one account is very strictly against the rules, but if you file an eticket and you have a valid reason, it's sometimes possible to just re-open the old account and shut down the new one, instead of automatically shutting down both, which is the normal action if someone else reports it before you do.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 03, 2016 4:29 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Bobgoblin wrote:Hey I'm Josh, played CC for a couple years like 5 years ago as "Kenny_smooth" but I'm back now. I love fishing and spending time with my son.

You'd best file an e-ticket and explain yourself: http://support.conquerclub.com/

Having more than one account is very strictly against the rules, but if you file an eticket and you have a valid reason, it's sometimes possible to just re-open the old account and shut down the new one, instead of automatically shutting down both, which is the normal action if someone else reports it before you do.

I would like to join Duk in welcoming you back to the site, Bob!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby notyou2 on Wed May 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey, ya'll leave Nob alone.
Captain notyou2

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,