Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:People disliking a club just because they're "rivals" is stupid. Make decisions for yourself instead of being a sheep.
I'm a hockey fan. NHL rivalries usually involve questionable calls, hard-fought games, and often even blood.
We have reasons to hate each other.

sempai

aren't you somehow a Pens and Rags fan?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 pm

also, Luiz celebrates like a little girl

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

nietzsche wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:People disliking a club just because they're "rivals" is stupid. Make decisions for yourself instead of being a sheep.

What? no, it's part of the whole thing.

Although I grew up liking Club America and their nemesis, Chivas, just wasn't too good these years. So I didn't care really. But then I went to college to Guadalajara, the home city for Chivas, and I learned how annoying its fans are. So I hate them, Chivas and the fans. They say that when Chivas play, the stadium parking lot is full of bicycles.

Yeah, so you found them annoying. You have a reason other than simply the fact that they're club rivals.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm

What a fucking waste of talent, Carlos Vela in Real Sociedad.

He gives a great match, a ton of wonderful assists, yet his teammates suck.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:
I'm a hockey fan. NHL rivalries usually involve questionable calls, hard-fought games, and often even blood.
We have reasons to hate each other.

sempai

aren't you somehow a Pens and Rags fan?

Yes - I'm a Rangers fan because I was born and raised in NYC, and I'm a Pens fan because I once owned a Pens jacket that I thought was the coolest thing ever (and I obviously couldn't wear the jacket without supporting the team).
It was very difficult to decide who to root for when they play each other, so I chose not to decide - I just enjoy the game and am happy no matter who wins.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:11 pm

nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:
betiko wrote:So cristiano gets his third, no surprise here.

Boo.
Not saying he didn't deserve it - I just don't like him because he plays for Madrid.

sempai

well I don't like him because he's cristiano ronaldo the arrogant prick, I don't like the real madrid either, but the fact that a player plays for a club i like or i dislike has no influence on my liking or disliking of said player. Ronaldo has been less of a prick this year even if he still is one, but I have to admit that he's an incredible hard worker and that he deserves the prize.
For example I have sympathy for varane, isco, james and I don't care if they play for the RM.

You know who's been very impressive lately? Pepe. He's always beeen good but the past few months he's been incredible, and he doesn't commit fouls anymore. He's a big part of Ramos' success because thanks to him Ramos can go to the attack.

Kroos too, but he's starting to show signs of fatigue. Not to mention that Modric is the underrated crack of Real Madrid.

Ramos..... Ramos... PEPE!... What a moment to make a mistake.

Bad pass by Ramos, Atleti recovers the ball, starts the attack, nothing important except that Pepe fails to cut the ball and Griezman advances towards the goal.. and Ramos doesn't cover Torres neither closes on Griezman.. stays just in the middle so Griezman can pass comfortably to Torres.

I mean, for Torres to score...
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:20 pm

nietzsche wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:
betiko wrote:So cristiano gets his third, no surprise here.

Boo.
Not saying he didn't deserve it - I just don't like him because he plays for Madrid.

sempai

well I don't like him because he's cristiano ronaldo the arrogant prick, I don't like the real madrid either, but the fact that a player plays for a club i like or i dislike has no influence on my liking or disliking of said player. Ronaldo has been less of a prick this year even if he still is one, but I have to admit that he's an incredible hard worker and that he deserves the prize.
For example I have sympathy for varane, isco, james and I don't care if they play for the RM.

You know who's been very impressive lately? Pepe. He's always beeen good but the past few months he's been incredible, and he doesn't commit fouls anymore. He's a big part of Ramos' success because thanks to him Ramos can go to the attack.

Kroos too, but he's starting to show signs of fatigue. Not to mention that Modric is the underrated crack of Real Madrid.

Ramos..... Ramos... PEPE!... What a moment to make a mistake.

Bad pass by Ramos, Atleti recovers the ball, starts the attack, nothing important except that Pepe fails to cut the ball and Griezman advances towards the goal.. and Ramos doesn't cover Torres neither closes on Griezman.. stays just in the middle so Griezman can pass comfortably to Torres.

I mean, for Torres to score...

1-0 atleti? So the real needs to score 4? Bye bye. At least they won t have to bother with 2 games against barcelona next round.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Penalty not awarded to RM.

That was my first thought, not having another difficult couple of matches that would take its toll on the already tired players.

Atleti playing with 9 on its box plenty of opportunities for RM except all the shots find a defender leg. Atleti trying to play to the counterattack but with Torres in they wont accomplish much. I hope they leave him in. I'm at halftime, watching it for bits, I'm recording it.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:55 pm

nietzsche wrote:Penalty not awarded to RM.

That was my first thought, not having another difficult couple of matches that would take its toll on the already tired players.

Atleti playing with 9 on its box plenty of opportunities for RM except all the shots find a defender leg. Atleti trying to play to the counterattack but with Torres in they wont accomplish much. I hope they leave him in. I'm at halftime, watching it for bits, I'm recording it.

So how is Torres playing? More like the atleti/liverpool version or the chelsea/milan since he s back? Don t have the channel to watch liga anymore. The betis is in second division so I would never get to see them anyways.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:17 pm

betiko wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Penalty not awarded to RM.

So how is Torres playing? More like the atleti/liverpool version or the chelsea/milan since he s back? Don t have the channel to watch liga anymore. The betis is in second division so I would never get to see them anyways.

He scored twice today. But it was because of defensive errors. But still, he scored two. In Chelsea he would've missed but shots I think.

I made a mental note when Ramos scored in the Champions League Final in the 93 to tie the match that I would never, ever, recriminate something to Ramos in my life. That that goal was enough. Today I was very close, very very close to break that promise.
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Lieutenant waauw

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:20 pm

waauw wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178168-brendan-s-update-on-divock-origi-future

Liverpool's desperation is starting to become laughable. :lol: :lol:

Origi sucks!! I don t know what you think of him in belgium... Since he did a more than decent WC.. But he is totally useless in Lille.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:27 pm

betiko wrote:
waauw wrote:http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/178168-brendan-s-update-on-divock-origi-future

Liverpool's desperation is starting to become laughable. :lol: :lol:

Origi sucks!! I don t know what you think of him in belgium... Since he did a more than decent WC.. But he is totally useless in Lille.

I agree, he sucks. At the WC he did well cuz he played against mediocre defenders, except against Argentina and he was invisible there.
Which is what makes Liverpool's actions to try and retrieve him earlier so funny :D :D
Lieutenant waauw

Postby nietzsche on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Riquelme retires.

General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:38 am

He never did much in europe... In villareal maybe..

Oh well, champions league will start again soon.
Paris played quite solidly on sunday vs the 4th, saint etienne, and both Thiagos are back at an interesting level, while ibra is getting fitter after his injury. They are still in the 2 french cups, so add the champions league to it and that s a lot of games... Its opponent chelsea just lostIn FA cup vs bradley 2-4 , and tied 1-1 vs liverpool in league cup, but are very solid in premiership.
I m giving 85/15 chelsea qualifying right now
Monaco that started the league terribly and was last at one point, is working great now. They have one of europe s best defense now, and in french cups, french league and champion s league it s a real problem for oponents to score a goal... I don t know how many clean sheets straight they have.. But it s really a good defense. They are still in both french cups as well. They will be facing Arsenal, that has just beaten city 0-2 in manchester. I don t know, Arsenal is capable of anything and nothing... I m giving 60/40 arsenal qualifying
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 pm

betiko wrote:He never did much in europe... In villareal maybe..

He was like the Region 4 Zidane. I mean in the sense that he made similar plays at times.

He was born to be Boca's idol. He's bigger than Maradona for Boca's fans. I hear he's only 36? I really thought he was much older. I mean he was an idol before playing in Spain, I think I had heard of him for ages before Spain, and then after Spain, a lot of years, and only 36?
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:09 pm

nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:He never did much in europe... In villareal maybe..

He was like the Region 4 Zidane. I mean in the sense that he made similar plays at times.

He was born to be Boca's idol. He's bigger than Maradona for Boca's fans. I hear he's only 36? I really thought he was much older. I mean he was an idol before playing in Spain, I think I had heard of him for ages before Spain, and then after Spain, a lot of years, and only 36?

just looked at his wiki page... I actually thought he went to barcelona in the late 90s... I lived in spain until 98 and I remember marca talking about him at the time and about madrid and barƧa going after him as he was the new argentinian phenomenon... but he went to barcelona only in 2002! he only stayed a year there (thought at least 2 and that he played less than that), but i remember how the press was talking shit about him... so he went to villareal where he did pretty good and back to argentina. I'm not surprised about his age at all... so he's 2 years older than me and when I was 18 he was the young argentinian uprising star...

anyways, funny to look at his stats now that his career ends... I really thought he played less games per season throughout his european seasons... and that he played at least 2 years for barcelona, and that he played less than 4 for villareal.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Holy shit...

The african cup of nations is pretty popular here as a lot of players play in france and we have lots of africans here.
Anyways, in the group D that was played today, the last game of this group stage has happened something i ve never seen before.
Ivory coast, cameroon, guinea And mali were playing.

On day 1, both games ended 1-1
On day 2, both games ended 1-1
On day 3.... One game ended 1-1 and the other, between ivory coast and cameroon ended 1-0 for ivory coast. So basically... There will be a draw to determine who qualifies between guinea and mali! That seems really unfair to get eliminated like that!
Not to mention that if cameroon had scored... All 4 teams would ve been in that draw and they would ve picked 2/4, and also would ve had to pick who finished first and who finished second! Really something never seen before!
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

betiko wrote:Holy shit...

The african cup of nations is pretty popular here as a lot of players play in france and we have lots of africans here.
Anyways, in the group D that was played today, the last game of this group stage has happened something i ve never seen before.
Ivory coast, cameroon, guinea And mali were playing.

On day 1, both games ended 1-1
On day 2, both games ended 1-1
On day 3.... One game ended 1-1 and the other, between ivory coast and cameroon ended 1-0 for ivory coast. So basically... There will be a draw to determine who qualifies between guinea and mali! That seems really unfair to get eliminated like that!
Not to mention that if cameroon had scored... All 4 teams would ve been in that draw and they would ve picked 2/4, and also would ve had to pick who finished first and who finished second! Really something never seen before!

This has always been a possibility also in WCs right? But don't remember if it ever happened.

Should've been awesome that Cameroon tied.

Mali and Guinea should play another game, first to score advances. Or penalty kicks.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Yes, the worse thing about this stupid rule is that mali and guinea finished their game with a tie... Knowing that both were neither qualified nor eliminated. They should ve just kicked penatys! Seems like the most reasonable outcome. Now they have to wait until tomorrow to know if they are going back home or if they continue the competition... Knowing that their oponent qualified on tuesday. No way they can pass those quarter finals after such a tense situation... Imagine how hard it will be for them to find sleep tonight.

And yes, it s the same rule for the world cup, eurocup, copa america.. and it just never happened.

I would at least untie them counting red cards then yellow cards throughout the competition... But a draw?? Wtf dude.
Major betiko

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 pm

betiko wrote:Yes, the worse thing about this stupid rule is that mali and guinea finished their game with a tie... Knowing that both were neither qualified nor eliminated. They should ve just kicked penatys! Seems like the most reasonable outcome. Now they have to wait until tomorrow to know if they are going back home or if they continue the competition... Knowing that their oponent qualified on tuesday. No way they can pass those quarter finals after such a tense situation... Imagine how hard it will be for them to find sleep tonight.

And yes, it s the same rule for the world cup, eurocup, copa america.. and it just never happened.

I would at least untie them counting red cards then yellow cards throughout the competition... But a draw?? Wtf dude.

Biggest average dick size could also be an option. Imagine they end up making public that it was because one of them had a 3-inch penis that they lost lol.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:27 am

nietzsche wrote:
betiko wrote:Yes, the worse thing about this stupid rule is that mali and guinea finished their game with a tie... Knowing that both were neither qualified nor eliminated. They should ve just kicked penatys! Seems like the most reasonable outcome. Now they have to wait until tomorrow to know if they are going back home or if they continue the competition... Knowing that their oponent qualified on tuesday. No way they can pass those quarter finals after such a tense situation... Imagine how hard it will be for them to find sleep tonight.

Biggest average dick size could also be an option. Imagine they end up making public that it was because one of them had a 3-inch penis that they lost lol.

doesn't seem fair. if cameroon plays south korea in a world cup, the koreans would have no chance. Also, at the end of a game the coach would start substituting guys just because of their dick size. Hell they could even pick a guy for the team that doesn't play football and has a gigantism problem just to put him on the pitch for the ast few minutes
Major betiko

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:34 pm

I lurk this thread occasionally, but I'm starting to appreciate it more and more, because of posts like these.
Major JBlombier

Postby Trevor33 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm

He has had enough chances in his career to play for a better club.

nietzsche wrote:What a fucking waste of talent, Carlos Vela in Real Sociedad.

He gives a great match, a ton of wonderful assists, yet his teammates suck.
Major Trevor33

Postby Trevor33 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 pm

Extra time would have been fair, since they know what was going to happen at the final whistle.

Major Trevor33

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,