Conquer Club

Israel Plans to Restore Death Penalty for Everyone but Jews

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Does an apartheid state like Israel have the right to exist and spread its racism?

Total votes : 0

Re: Another Day, Another School Bombed by Israel

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:47 pm

GabonX wrote:Guys, I don't have time to correct everything Saxitoxin is saying. Again, you have to read his sources because he lies about what they say.

Agreed. You can start here to see how GabonX's trick of simply shouting down and slandering what he can't address was already debunked.

GabonX wrote:but you give him a pass for quoting electronicintifada.net/ and say nothing about his false attribution to me

Mohammed Omer, editor of Electronic Intifada, is the winner of the Martha Gelhorn Prize, the most prestigious award for war journalism on this planet, the Press Freedom Award from Reporters Without Borders, and so forth. It's a reputable source, even if you don't like what it reputably reports or think that because the editor's name is "Mohammed" he must get to work on a goat and write his stories on an abacus.

The reason the vast majority of people here - bible thumpers aside - have questioned your sources (and overall mental stability) is because the only thing they've won is a prize cake at the church bake sale. You can howl about how this is anti-Semitic or an affront to the purity of the white race, I suppose. But, if you instead want to be taken seriously by anyone other than Benny Hinn and the Bible Brigade, I recommend you join those of us living in the year 2014 instead of the year 14. Open your eyes and try to digest information other than what you read in the Book of Genesis and IDF press releases.
Last edited by saxitoxin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:11 pm

GabonX wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:When one is making startling claims, one needs to provide sources.

When one is dealing with commonly-known facts, one should not have to. I will never offer you a citation for the fact that the sky is blue, or that water is wet. A6m shouldn't have to, either.

I spend a negligible portion of my life following this event, so it's not like I'm constantly up to date. That's why I ask people to provide links; it helps me to easily ascertain the accuracy of their summaries. If they tend to present inaccurate summaries, then their interpretation becomes less credible. If they tend to make ridiculous claims while constantly posting ZERO sources (like a7mzero does throughout the fora), then duh I'll hardly take his alleged facts seriously, so I'll definitely ask for a source.

If I had a really strong confirmation bias, I'd be like you: jumping to a6's defense with very little thought.

You do have a confirmation bias. You apply scrutiny to every piece of information someone posts opposing Saxitoxin, but no scrutiny whatsoever to any of the posts he makes, even though virtually every one of them is inaccurate. What good is a source when someone has a serial habit of claiming they're sources say things they don't?

What's the fallacy called when a person alleges that because someone says something it must be true? What's it called when a person alleges that because someone says something it must be true, but the person cited didn't even say it?

You've claimed my sources are no good, and Saxitoxin claims I quoted IsraeliBiblePerspective.com or whatever it is when I never did, but you give him a pass for quoting electronicintifada.net/ and say nothing about his false attribution to me?

Give me a break dude. Sources don't mean anything when a person habitually falsely attributes information to them. If any of us did half of what he's doing, you'd be all over it.

You should try to relax and rethink through your post.

Dukusaur, have fun defending people as insane as a6/whoever. I really look forward to it. Hopefully, you won't lash out at someone--like calling them an anti-Semite, and then seek to get them banned.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby GabonX on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
GabonX wrote:Guys, I don't have time to correct everything Saxitoxin is saying. Again, you have to read his sources because he lies about what they say.

Agreed. You can start here to see how GabonX's trick of simply shouting down and slandering what he can't address was already debunked.

GabonX wrote:but you give him a pass for quoting electronicintifada.net/ and say nothing about his false attribution to me

Mohammed Omer, editor of Electronic Intifada, is the winner of the Martha Gelhorn Prize, the most prestigious award for war journalism on this planet, the Press Freedom Award from Reporters Without Borders, and so forth. It's a reputable source, even if you don't like what it reputably reports or think that because the editor's name is "Mohammed" he must get to work on a goat and write his stories on an abacus.

The reason the vast majority of people here - bible thumpers aside - have questioned your sources (and overall mental stability) is because the only thing they've won is a prize cake at the church bake sale. You can howl about how this is anti-Semitic or an affront to the purity of the white race, I suppose. But, if you instead want to be taken seriously by anyone other than Benny Hinn and the Bible Brigade, I recommend you join those of us living in the year 2014 instead of the year 14. Open your eyes and try to digest information other than what you read in the Book of Genesis and IDF press releases.

This is all irrelevant word vomit. Again, any reference to me where he's alleging I use religion to justify an argument is ad hominem and a red herring. I haven't made such an argument and I don't believe in such a thing. The same is true of his attempts to portray me as a white supremacist, which is laughable considering that Israel is a Jewish state and the majority of Israel's citizens are of Middle Eastern descent.

I've went through the false things he said point by point in my last three posts and he's addressed none of it. The best argument he can come up with is I've failed to provide sources (which isn't exactly true) to correct his comment which also didn't have sources. I did post accurate information though, and any of it can easily be referenced. I will stand by any point that's addressed specifically.

A key difference between Saxitoxin and I that is that when someone points to false information he posts he does not address the comment itself. Instead he attacks the person in question and levels insults, usually based around religion, but ignores the content of what was written.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Has anyone else got the feeling that GabonX and saxitoxin's rhetoric/argumentation is very similar?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:25 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Has anyone else got the feeling that GabonX and saxitoxin's rhetoric/argumentation is very similar?

Wow. You're willing to be fair. I'm impressed. (No, not being sarcastic.)
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Has anyone else got the feeling that GabonX and saxitoxin's rhetoric/argumentation is very similar?

Wow. You're willing to be fair. I'm impressed. (No, not being sarcastic.)

I still more or less agree with sax. I tend to cut away people's appeals to emotion and their anger-inducing words, so sax's rhetoric doesn't work on me (although I relish in it), but it definitely fires up the opposition, who should know better. Also, the opposition does more or less the same as sax, but they tend to more often pidgeon-hole all Palestinians as [insert derogatory term]. At least, saxi was citing Jews in support of Palestine, and given his posting history on this subject, saxi is largely criticizing the Israeli state and its hardcore adherents.

Finally, I've never seen so much hate- and fear-mongering from the pro-Israel camp. It's pretty disgusting (been seeing it on Facebook too), and it'll take them awhile to remove their intellectual blinders (if ever). It reminds me of a lot of people's faith in the state--especially their kneejerk reaction to any criticism about the state or about some particular policy.

People really need to see what Israel is. Like the US, it has had its own torture programs, which unsurprisingly have tortured 1000s of alleged terrorists--just like the CIA's Phoenix program. People really need to see how little difference there is between the behavior of governments like Hamas, Israel, and the US. If Israel had as few resources as Hamas, while Hamas had as much as current day Israel, then Israel would very much likely be using similar tactics as Hamas.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:49 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote: Finally, I've never seen so much hate- and fear-mongering from the pro-Israel camp. It's pretty disgusting (been seeing it on Facebook too), and it'll take them awhile to remove their intellectual blinders (if ever). It reminds me of a lot of people's faith in the state--especially their kneejerk reaction to any criticism about the state or about some particular policy.

People really need to see what Israel is. Like the US, it has had its own torture programs, which unsurprisingly have tortured 1000s of alleged terrorists--just like the CIA's Phoenix program. People really need to see how little difference there is between the behavior of governments like Hamas, Israel, and the US. If Israel had as few resources as Hamas, while Hamas had as much as current day Israel, then Israel would very much likely be using similar tactics as Hamas.

Well, Israel has always tried to conform to the ideals of social democracy. Yes, it has sometimes failed to reach those ideals, just as other countries have failed to do so. It's difficult to defend civil liberties in a war zone. Regardless of what one's beliefs are, when one is fighting for survival things get dirty. And after sixty-five years of it?

Read the memoir of any soldier, and you will note his amazement at how fast his civilized ethics fall away once he's in the actual thick of it. We're talking days or weeks, not years. And these poor people have been under constant attack for sixty-five years, and with a few exceptions they have managed to behave in a civilized fashion for most of that time. It blows my mind that anyone can hold it against them when their patience finally runs out and they commit a crime or two.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote: Finally, I've never seen so much hate- and fear-mongering from the pro-Israel camp. It's pretty disgusting (been seeing it on Facebook too), and it'll take them awhile to remove their intellectual blinders (if ever). It reminds me of a lot of people's faith in the state--especially their kneejerk reaction to any criticism about the state or about some particular policy.

Well, Israel has always tried to conform to the ideals of social democracy. Yes, it has sometimes failed to reach those ideals, just as other countries have failed to do so. It's difficult to defend civil liberties in a war zone. Regardless of what one's beliefs are, when one is fighting for survival things get dirty. And after sixty-five years of it?

Honestly, when it comes to coercion and violence, any state can do it--regardless of its democratic status. Autocratic states are less constrained than democratic ones in threatening to use violence against their own citizens--but all states still collect their taxes at essentially the point of a gun. The flag-waving, 'social' democracy point isn't impressive.

After 65 years of it, you really have to ask who's defending and who's being the aggressor. Who has repeatedly refused to credibly commit to a peace treaty? Shall we point to the party which continues its settlement program after agreeing that it would stop? You do realize that you're talking about a country which has directly tortured a majority of 1000s of innocent people while subjugating and dominating millions, right?

Also, notice how you framed it into a "fight for survival" while neglecting to mention how this fight started. This is just like the "what would you do if Hamas rockets had a <0.01% chance of landing were landing in your backyard??" question. It misses the point.

Dukasaur wrote:Read the memoir of any soldier, and you will note his amazement at how fast his civilized ethics fall away once he's in the actual thick of it. We're talking days or weeks, not years. And these poor people have been under constant attack for sixty-five years, and with a few exceptions they have managed to behave in a civilized fashion for most of that time. It blows my mind that anyone can hold it against them when their patience finally runs out and they commit a crime or two.

Yeah. Torture programs are certainly civilized, but that can be excused, right? (You're excusing it. Amazing). So is building massive walls and treating a group of people as second-class citizens. That's civilized as apartheid S. Africa, but you'll excuse that too. I'll hold my tears for people who join an organization that's bent on stealing from people and killing them if they resist (let's just excuse the initial theft of property followed by decades of settlement programs).

Wow. Just wow. I love how you reject that the Israeli government has not done anything systematically wrong. "Just a few crimes here and there. Torture programs, bombing 6 times as many civilians as soldiers, preemptively striking Egypt based on 'intelligence' reports by Mossad (the same org. that tortures innocents and a few baddies), exterminating about 500-1000 Egyptian POWs, attacking the USS Liberty which oversaw that incident, spying and stealing from the US for decades, enabling and overseeing the Sabra and Shatila massacre in the 1980s, whatever. It's only an excusable crime or two." How many exceptions will you allow until you start seeing what Israel is? Do you really understand the history of Israel?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby GabonX on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 pm

At least we can stop pretending that BBS has a balanced view of events. It looks like he's taken the false narratives on Israel hook, line, and sinker.

While "Wow, just wow" is usually followed by highbrow and original thought, he's followed it up with the usual anti Israel arguments that are impossible to verify. Ignore that the Arabs openly call for genocide and have for decades, and the fact that the things he posted are based more on accusation than veritable facts. Israel is bad because the Arabs are bad, because there always has to be some middle ground that turns common sense on it's head.

We all know the narrative that Israel never tried to make peace with the Palestinians, always stealing land and what not. It's not like the exact opposite could be true...

And of course we know that Israel likes to gun down their neighbors whenever they get the chance, and US ships too for shits and giggles. The Arabs are totally righteous in their defensive actions against Israel, the land stealing aggressor, as exemplified by the high standards of living and social justice in every Arab nation. Israel is the odd man out, the sick one, the cancer, and they have no legitimate concerns in regards to the defense of their people...

Also, if a separate vaguely affiliated group of Christian Arabs happens to massacre Muslims in Lebanon, blame the Jews for that too. They're all genocidal land thieves and you can't trust them or the people who think they deserve to live in peace.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Postby a6mzero on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Here Here Gabon. When Saxi state Bashar al-Assad is one of his heroes anything he has said about how and when the IDF kills anyone is a total crock. Him and his father have killed more arabs than the IDF has killed in 65 years of defending themselves.
Major a6mzero

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Jewish Youth Inspire Hope for Peace!

in 2011
The young Jewish-American leader Lucas Koerner visited Israhell to call for every millimeter of land from the river to the sea to be immediately surrendered to the sovereign State of Palestine. As shown in this video he was harassed and attacked by stormtroopers, then dragged away to jail and beaten in "the Middle East's only democracy." In the video he repeatedly, implicitly, asserts he is a loyal American first and Jewish maybe only second ... a stark contrast to the traitors who slink to the IDF and steal U.S. military secrets that are then used against the U.S.

"The people of Israel must join the world. The entire world has decided the occupation must end. Israel is the pariah state! Israel is the rogue state!"

in 2014
Now Lucas Koerner and fellow U.S. citizen Tariq Abu Khdeir (the Floridian high school student beaten mercilessly by Zionist police when he was trying to attend the funeral of his cousin who had been burned alive by average Israelis) have joined together to picket outside the White House in protest Obama's lapdog support of the Tel Aviv regime. It's proof that all peaceful people of any ethnicity can come together in unity around the shared vision of a World Without Israel!

Koerner is part of the new generation of Jewish leaders who are stepping in to fill the shoes of aging Jiants like -

Dr. Uri Davis - a Jewish member of the Command Council of the Fatah Movement

Ilan Haveli (X) - a Jewish member of the Command Council of the Fatah Movement

Kol HaKavod, Lucas Koerner! =D> =D> =D>
Preferred Pronouns: We / Everyone
My Body, My Choice
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Dukasaur wrote:And these poor people have been under constant attack for sixty-five years,

My heart weeps for those poor souls living on ethnically cleansed land in the West Bank, with land given to them for little to no charge at all.

It also bleeds for those brave pioneers those families were when they moved there en masse through illegal means in the early twentieth century, relying on the brave fascist souls of Haganah, Lehi and Irgun to kick Arab families out of their households so they could move in. God knows those bravery those young men in Lehi displayed when they went to the extent to advocate alliance with Hitler and Mussolini in order to achieve a Jewish state.

I especially long for the perseverance those same families showed in instituting Labor Zionism. Things must've gotten much harder for them once they refused to employ any Arab and refused to buy from and sell to anyone who wasn't a Jew in Palestine. They sacrificed every friend they ever had, and destroyed the relatively cordial relationships Jews, Muslims and Christians had in Palestine, all so they could have their own homeland where they could pick themselves off of their bootstraps and start their own racial-supremacist through hard work and determination.

Those brave Israelis, all they wanted was a state. One could only understand why they got angry when those around them refused to give them a majority of the land despite being a 2-to-1 minority in the 1940s. After all, they are God's Chosen People, and us Gentiles are merely servants to them, and they work so damn hard to keep up that status and deserve their just reward.

Those poor souls. Always under attack from everyone around them, and for no good reason at all.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Re: Jewish-American and Arab-American Youth Unite for Peace

Postby a6mzero on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:44 pm

There is no state of Palestine. Never was a state of Palestine to begin with. I'm sure of Israel surrenders every millimeter of land they have to the Palestinians there will be peace in the middle east. Cough Cough
Major a6mzero

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:08 pm

a6mzero wrote:There is no state of Palestine. Never was a state of Palestine to begin with. I'm sure of Israel surrenders every millimeter of land they have to the Palestinians there will be peace in the middle east. Cough Cough

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_palestine
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby a6mzero on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Just because the PLO declared itself a state( of which most of the land it claims is occupied by Israel )doesn't make it a state. Just because the UN recognizes it doesn't make it a state. The UN is basically a body which is always quick to condemn Israel but never says shit about the mass bloodletting and dictatorships in the rest of the region.
Major a6mzero

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 pm

a6mzero wrote:Just because the PLO declared itself a state( of which most of the land it claims is occupied by Israel )doesn't make it a state. Just because the UN recognizes it doesn't make it a state. The UN is basically a body which is always quick to condemn Israel but never says shit about the mass bloodletting and dictatorships in the rest of the region.

Are you fucking kidding me.

The UN is the only reason Israel exists.

You are woefully ignorant of history.

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby a6mzero on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:44 pm

U are woefully biased against Jews but whatever floats your boat.
Major a6mzero

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:55 pm

Wikipedia and the UN are anti-semitic organizations as well, I assume?

Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 am

GreecePwns wrote:
a6mzero wrote:Just because the PLO declared itself a state( of which most of the land it claims is occupied by Israel )doesn't make it a state. Just because the UN recognizes it doesn't make it a state. The UN is basically a body which is always quick to condemn Israel but never says shit about the mass bloodletting and dictatorships in the rest of the region.

Are you fucking kidding me.

The UN is the only reason Israel exists.

You are woefully ignorant of history.

Actually, he's perfectly correct.

Let's talk some Realpolitik, not your CNN fairy tales.

Palestine was promised to the Jews in 1916, before the British had even captured it. They were basically "selling short" because they needed financial support for the war, and also to entice influential American Jews to pressure America to enter the war.

After the war the British started to backpedal on their promise, because suddenly they no longer needed the help of the Jews and they thought they could sell them down the river. However, the Zionist lobby was well organised and kept the Brits' promise at least on the radar, albeit not imminently enforceable.

Between World War I and World War II, the world gradually changed. World War I ran on coal, but World War II ran on oil, and the world's biggest oil reserves were under Arab control. Nobody could afford to piss off the Arabs too much, especially the British who at that time had no domestic supply of oil. So, they agreed to give half of Palestine to the Arabs. It was purely a bribe to the Hashemite family, to cement the Hashemites' long-term alliance with Britain, through which the British hoped to broker the supply of Arab oil. (About a quarter of the Hashemite family were Christians, and of the Muslim three-quarters a great many were moderates, unlike the Saud family who were almost all Wahhabi extremists.)

The Jews weren't thrilled about having only half of what had been promised to them, but what could they do? They accepted the partition in good faith. It was the Arabs who weren't satisfied with being given half, and who launched an unprovoked assault on the Jews, with the stated intention of "driving the Jews into the sea" and capturing the whole thing for themselves. In layman's terms, they called "double or nothing!", rolled the dice, and came up with craps. That's what happens when you gamble; sometimes you lose.

The U.N. rubber-stamped the deal, but to claim "UN is the only reason Israel exists" is patently ludicrous. Then, as now, the U.N. was primarily a big circus tent showcasing the best propaganda from the various members of the Security Council and had no real purpose beside emitting smoke and mirrors for the masses.

The British acted in bad faith by giving half of Palestine to the Arabs after promising all of it to the Jews, but who can really blame them? Securing oil was the number one issue facing any world power. Sadly, the joke was on them. Their pretend-friends in Washington pumped millions into bribing the Saud family to change allegiance from Britain to the U.S., while the Russians pumped millions into a military coup which stole Iraq from their Hashemite allies. The British were left with Aden and their last few loyal allies in the Gulf -- Muscat and Oman and Kuwait and Abu Dhabi, plus their remaining Hashemites. (Iraq was not lost until 1951, so at the time of the Palestine partition they still held not only Jordan but Iraq as well.)

(What is absolutely fucking hilarious, in a dark and not-funny kind of way, is that after the Americans back-stabbed the Brits at every opportunity, bribed the Saud family to usurp control of Arab oil, conspired with the Russians to rob the British of their most important strategic supply line the Suez -- the Americans actually had the nerve, the unbelievable fucking gall, to complain that they were left holding the bag when the British finally got tired of the ordeal, cut their losses and walked away from further involvement in 1971, and left the Americans with sole responsibility for the region.)

Anyway, I don't have time to go into a rehash of the whole Israel thing, but I had to comment, because I almost burst a blood vessel at your assertion that the U.N. is responsible for Israel's existence. As if the U.N. is anything more than the world's most overpriced sketch comedy troupe! What goes on in the Middle East is primarily a chess game for control of oil, played by Russia and the U.S. (and prior to 1971, by Britain.) Israel exists because Britain needed cash to stay afloat in World War I, and because the Jews had the resourcefulness, after Britain tried to renege, to compel at least a half-satisfaction of its promise.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Gweeedo on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:38 am

Jews (their faith) have always been pushed aside, persecuted, discriminated against.
So it has been for hundreds of years.

Has anybody, any country ever showed the Jews brotherly love (quite the opposite)?

I am not sure what this discussion is about.
Fair, unfair, Sad, despicable; this is War.
That entire region has flourished since the Jews arrived, It was a desolate waist land (agriculturally)before the Jews arrived.
OK, let us say that the Palestinians are in the right...who they going to get to enforce it?
Does anybody want to stand (oppose Israel) with them...good luck.

'Another Day, Another School Bombed by Israel': that's what you get in War.
You want to f*ck with Israel...good luck with that.

That entire region will be the end of us all.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Honestly, when it comes to coercion and violence, any state can do it--regardless of its democratic status. Autocratic states are less constrained than democratic ones in threatening to use violence against their own citizens--but all states still collect their taxes at essentially the point of a gun. The flag-waving, 'social' democracy point isn't impressive.

Of course, all government is inherently exploitative and evil. That goes without saying. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that you can't abolish until everyone else does. If your neighbour has a bull mastiff, you have to get a bull mastiff, or you will be defenseless when your neighbour neighbour gets drunk and decides to sic his mastiff on you. Ditto with governments. As long as your neighbours have a government, you have to have one. So, as long as we're stuck with this evil institution, we may as well seek to moderate the damage done. That's what social democracy does. It's "harm reduction" in the modern parlance. It doesn't eliminate the evils of government, but it certainly mitigates their magnitude.

After 65 years of it, you really have to ask who's defending and who's being the aggressor. Who has repeatedly refused to credibly commit to a peace treaty? Shall we point to the party which continues its settlement program after agreeing that it would stop? You do realize that you're talking about a country which has directly tortured a majority of 1000s of innocent people while subjugating and dominating millions, right?

Those are easy questions to answer. The Arabs have kept this war going for 65 years. They should have accepted their loss in 1948 in the spirit of fair play. They were offered half of Palestine, they refused the offer and demanded double or nothing, they rolled the dice and lost. After that they should have either settled down and become loyal citizens, or packed up their shit and moved on with their lives elsewhere. That war would be a distant memory by now. Instead of either of those options, they chose to move just across the border, turn their entire population into a paramilitary organisation, and plot revenge. That, and nothing else, has turned what should have been a long-forgotten war into a war that continues year after year with no end in sight.

The Arabs have refused to credibly commit to a peace treaty. That isn't to say that there aren't some Arabs who don't want peace. I'm sure many do. But the man on the street is not significant in the equation, and any Arab who starts talking peace with Israel, is gunned down. King Abdullah I of Jordan talked peace with Israel, and he was gunned down. Anwar Sadat talked peace with Israel, and he was gunned down. Pretty much any Arab leader who has ever talked peace is dead.

Also, notice how you framed it into a "fight for survival" while neglecting to mention how this fight started. This is just like the "what would you do if Hamas rockets had a <0.01% chance of landing were landing in your backyard??" question. It misses the point.

I'm very cognizant of how the war started. And it doesn't miss the point, not for most people. Most people have never lived in a warzone. It takes graphic imagery to make them understand what is at stake.

However, here's perhaps a better example: What if there was a colony of diehard Germans still camped out at Verdun, who refused to accept that they lost, and every now and again would start shelling some French villages and scream "we will make France run with blood!" How do you think that would be received?

BigBallinStalin wrote:Do you really understand the history of Israel?

Yes, thank you.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:57 am

Dukasaur wrote:That isn't to say that there aren't some Arabs who don't want peace. I'm sure many do. But the man on the street is not significant in the equation, and any Arab who starts talking peace with Israel, is gunned down.

So f*ck 'em, right? Civilians are not worth anything if they can't get a peace treaty signed.

I like this policy: the only position that matters is that of who is in charge. We should have applied it during World War II. Sure, some Germans probably wanted peace, some Jews too, but all that mattered is what the government wanted. They clearly wanted war. We should have just kept our ground troops out of the war, waited until we developed the nukes, and then turned the country into glass.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:15 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:That isn't to say that there aren't some Arabs who don't want peace. I'm sure many do. But the man on the street is not significant in the equation, and any Arab who starts talking peace with Israel, is gunned down.

So f*ck 'em, right? Civilians are not worth anything if they can't get a peace treaty signed.

I like this policy: the only position that matters is that of who is in charge. We should have applied it during World War II. Sure, some Germans probably wanted peace, some Jews too, but all that mattered is what the government wanted. They clearly wanted war. We should have just kept our ground troops out of the war, waited until we developed the nukes, and then turned the country into glass.

Hey, I didn't say f*ck 'em. But as long as they follow bloodthirsty leaders, there will be blood, and there's really nothing you can do to change that. Blaming the people who are defending themselves is not going to do anything except maybe getting some more of them killed, too.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:34 am

Dukasaur wrote:But as long as they follow bloodthirsty leaders, there will be blood, and there's really nothing you can do to change that. Blaming the people who are defending themselves is not going to do anything except maybe getting some more of them killed, too.

There's nothing about this statement that applies less equally to Israel than to Palestine.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,